• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-4A week 7

Started by prHOG13, October 06, 2018, 07:48:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

prHOG13

October 06, 2018, 07:48:41 pm Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 11:11:27 am by prHOG13
 :-* @beach bum

edited thread to include all conference matchups

Pea Ridge @ Prairie Grove- game of the week in the conference. PG fresh off getting taken to the woodshed by Shiloh. Pea Ridge has won 4 in a row after slow start. This matchup could seal at least the 2 seed in the conference, and I'm gonna go Pea Ridge in this one by 2 TD's, 35-21.

Shiloh @ Gentry- Shiloh rolls after a slow start, 38-14

Gravette @ Berryville- haven't had a chance to see Berryville yet, but Gravette has a lot of issues. I'm thinking this one is close and could see Gravette getting it done. Still hard to pick against the home team, so I'll go Berryville 21-17

Lincoln @ Green Forest- Lincoln rolls 52-7 and GF tries kicking a bunch of kids out of school to drop back down to 3A.

beach bum

You're being too generous in the PG vs Pea Ridge game! Pea Ridge by 28...

RZback

I think PG shows up to play against PR.  I expect a good game and a PR win.

Hawk4L

PR 35 PG 14
Gravette 28 Berryville 21
Shiloh 48 Gentry 7
Lincoln 42 GF 7

GRN R H-2 X-Deep Over

I don't think Prairie Grove or Pea Ridge have beaten a solid team yet. I think it could go either way but I'll pick the tradition and home field advantage. PG 28 PR 24

Gravette looks real bad, and Coach Greenwood keeps talking about injuries on their youtube videos, but this week the Lions break double digits. Berryville 21 Gravette 14

Shiloh cruises through the first half and then their JV handles Gentry Conversion Charter through the second. Shiloh 56 Gentry 14

Lincoln 49 GF 0

RZback

Only 2  games in conference this week with any question, most important is PG versus PR.  Two common opponents, Farmington and Gravette.  Both teams beat gravette 42-0 and PG lost to Farmington by 3 while PR beat them 42-0. Home advantage is worth a TD usually but the Farmington game may be the telling game.  Farmington and PG is usually a good fight and was again, but PR totally dominated the Cards.
I think its a pretty even game going in with the outcome based on who plays best, fewest penalties and turnovers. (brilliant, huh)

Shiloh rolls by as much as they like.

Gravette and Berryville is a toss up, neither very good and Gravette with vertually no offense.  Berryvill won a couple but not against any competition.

Lincoln and Green Forest will be  a rout by Lincoln, pilling up the scores on another bad team.

prHOG13

Yikes. Gravette @ Berryville game has been moved to Gravette due to an issue with Berryville's field

https://twitter.com/gsdlionssports/status/1049368609447956485?s=21

beach bum

Quote from: prHOG13 on October 08, 2018, 02:57:36 pm
Yikes. Gravette @ Berryville game has been moved to Gravette due to an issue with Berryville's field

https://twitter.com/gsdlionssports/status/1049368609447956485?s=21

Berryville's field and stadium as a whole is awful and the worst in the conference. Until Lincoln built their new stadium/field it and Berryville battled it out for the worst but now Berryville holds it by themselves.

RZback

Berryville thinks its a Basketball empire and not interested in spending money on football.

beach bum

Quote from: RZback on October 08, 2018, 03:22:49 pm
Berryville thinks its a Basketball empire and not interested in spending money on football.

They are good at futbol! ..... And apparently the band too  ;D

gameoflife

Quote from: beach bum on October 08, 2018, 03:24:48 pm
They are good at futbol! ..... And apparently the band too  ;D

Curious.  How many new football coaches have they hired in the last 10-15 years over there?

The Coach

Quote from: beach bum on October 08, 2018, 03:05:42 pm
Berryville's field and stadium as a whole is awful and the worst in the conference. Until Lincoln built their new stadium/field it and Berryville battled it out for the worst but now Berryville holds it by themselves.

You know they built a brand new stadium etc with turf and everything right?

Stealthfan

Yes, indeed they did invest in their facility.  They are very supportive of their band.

doober3

Quote from: The Coach on October 08, 2018, 09:28:53 pm
You know they built a brand new stadium etc with turf and everything right?

So Berryville built a new stadium or are you talking about Lincoln? Sorry, I am a little confused. 

The Coach

Quote from: doober3 on October 09, 2018, 01:46:45 pm
So Berryville built a new stadium or are you talking about Lincoln? Sorry, I am a little confused.

Berryville built a brand new football stadium over behind the basketball arena.

prHOG13

BigGuy22

The PR-PG game is gonna be a lot more interesting with PR losing their starting qb due to some "decisions" made off the field

Stealthfan

Quote from: BigGuy22 on October 10, 2018, 10:07:14 pm
The PR-PG game is gonna be a lot more interesting with PR losing their starting qb due to some "decisions" made off the field

Awful timing!   For the whole game?

bilboswaggins

OMG here come the pre-game excuses already...

bilboswaggins

October 11, 2018, 07:03:07 am #19 Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 07:41:17 am by bilboswaggins
QB will set out three plays

$aintMaximu$

Shilohdude69 sources seemed to be correct... So with out naming positions, numbers or mascots lets just say it is broader than what you said...

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: bilboswaggins on October 11, 2018, 07:00:59 am
OMG here come the pre-game excuses already...

Bilbo, from what I have been told they still think they will win... Just the margin of victory won't be as big...

Hawk4L

We will still win don't worry  :)

Thatoneguy2

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on October 11, 2018, 07:40:35 am
Shilohdude69 sources seemed to be correct... So with out naming positions, numbers or mascots lets just say it is broader than what you said...

The AD of Pea Ridge can confirm this is true

CatPride

BigGuy22

He could very well be sitting out the rest of the year depending on what the coaches want to do consequence wise

Thatoneguy2

Quote from: BigGuy22 on October 11, 2018, 10:18:27 am
He could very well be sitting out the rest of the year depending on what the coaches want to do consequence wise

Stephan Neal will not kick them off he will more than likely have them sit out and watch what they have caused. If they did not receive punishment  Pea Ridge will be looking for someone head.

bilboswaggins

Thatoneguy2

Hawk4L

PR will still win against Pg just might be a little closer game.  PR could beat Berryville and gf with anyone at qb.  Hopefully all players are back for Shiloh.

bilboswaggins

Quote from: Thatoneguy2 on October 11, 2018, 11:55:58 am
Whats cute is PG's terrible run defense
Your weak run game will make us look ok though.

Thatoneguy2

October 11, 2018, 04:11:06 pm #31 Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 04:13:41 pm by Thatoneguy2
Quote from: Hawk4L on October 11, 2018, 12:54:04 pm
PR will still win against Pg just might be a little closer game.  PR could beat Berryville and gf with anyone at qb.  Hopefully all players are back for Shiloh.

PR will win but player wise Not likely ,there suspension was not to severe but dont get your hopes up

Thatoneguy2

Quote from: bilboswaggins on October 11, 2018, 03:46:39 pm
Your weak run game will make us look ok though.

PR new qb is a speed threat and will be used to running the ball. Back in his freshman year he played qb and he was a dual threat. His arm tho lacks compared to his speed.

RZback

Hard to bring in a QB who hasn't played and put a heavy expectation on them to provide a large part of the offense.

Hawk4L

Won't matter. PG is not good. They killed some really bad teams

bilboswaggins

Quote from: Hawk4L on October 11, 2018, 07:33:08 pm
Won't matter. PG is not good. They killed some really bad teams
Gonna kill another one tomorrow.

Stealthfan

Quote from: Thatoneguy2 on October 11, 2018, 11:55:58 am
Whats cute is PG's terrible run defense

I saw the Shiloh game online.  PG's run defense is just fine. It was special teams mistakes and the passing game that was their fate.  If PR relies on the run game it will be a long night for them.  That is PG's wheelhouse.

GRN R H-2 X-Deep Over

Quote from: bilboswaggins on October 11, 2018, 08:25:53 pm
Gonna kill another one tomorrow.

Retweet

But on a further note, did Pea Ridge reach its peak last year? I imagine they will be in 5A next cycle and I'm not sure if they can consistently get/create the caliber of player they had during their run last year.

doober3

Quote from: The Coach on October 09, 2018, 09:33:42 pm
Berryville built a brand new football stadium over behind the basketball arena.

Thank you, kids have been out of school for a couple of years and I'm out of the loop!

Hawk4L

Some of these same teams in the conf will go to 5A with PR so they will still be fine. Have some really talented grades coming up.

Momma_S

Believe the final @ Berryville was 42-7 over Gravette.

BigGuy22

Pea Ridge gets the win over PG 38-29! Idk what people were talking about with PGs run defense because Pea Ridge had 364 Rushing yards and 4 TD.

RZback

Quote from: Stealthfan on October 11, 2018, 11:03:05 pm
I saw the Shiloh game online.  PG's run defense is just fine. It was special teams mistakes and the passing game that was their fate.  If PR relies on the run game it will be a long night for them.  That is PG's wheelhouse.

Well, you missed that prediction. Good game, hard fought but Pea Ridge did rely heavily on its rung game because they were missing their starter at QB.  Neither are the team of last season but PR was the better last night.

beach bum

Week 10 Lincoln vs Prairie grove turning into a potential barn burner.... Can Lincoln end the crazy long losing streak to their neighbors down the highway? Will it be Dewitt vs Stuttgart part 2?

RZback

Week 10 may set the seeding for the top four, PR vs Shiloh, Lincoln vs PG.  Those will be two important games.  Looks like 1 plays 2 and 3 plays 4 if nothing dramatic happens the next two weeks.
Given each teams wins the ones they are favored in the next two weeks,
I'd give Shiloh the edge because of its defense, and of course depending on the status of the PR QB. 
I'd give PG a slight advantage,  based on common opponents and Lincoln being at home I'd say PG by 10.

So I think its likely to be
1- Shiloh
2- Pea Ridge  unless PR can stop Shiloh's offense
3- Prairie Grove
4- Lincoln     unless they manage to beat PG
5- Gentry     unless they somehow beat Lincoln, I doubt
6- Berryville
7- Gravette
8- Green Forest  may come down to who wants to win the 7 spot the most between them and Gravette

Stealthfan

Quote from: RZback on October 13, 2018, 12:31:45 pm
Well, you missed that prediction. Good game, hard fought but Pea Ridge did rely heavily on its rung game because they were missing their starter at QB.  Neither are the team of last season but PR was the better last night.

That I did.  I stand corrected.  Appears PR is figuring things out.

beach bum

Quote from: RZback on October 13, 2018, 01:30:30 pm
Week 10 may set the seeding for the top four, PR vs Shiloh, Lincoln vs PG.  Those will be two important games.  Looks like 1 plays 2 and 3 plays 4 if nothing dramatic happens the next two weeks.
Given each teams wins the ones they are favored in the next two weeks,
I'd give Shiloh the edge because of its defense, and of course depending on the status of the PR QB. 
I'd give PG a slight advantage,  based on common opponents and Lincoln being at home I'd say PG by 10.

So I think its likely to be
1- Shiloh
2- Pea Ridge  unless PR can stop Shiloh's offense
3- Prairie Grove
4- Lincoln     unless they manage to beat PG
5- Gentry     unless they somehow beat Lincoln, I doubt
6- Berryville
7- Gravette
8- Green Forest  may come down to who wants to win the 7 spot the most between them and Gravette

It's absolutely crazy to think Lincoln has a legitimate chance of beating PG if they show up to play. I'd like to hear from the Pea Ridge folks who watched them play Lincoln earlier in the year and PG last night what their thoughts are about what kind of shot Lincoln has going into that game. Does Lincoln have a small chance or is it approaching let's say 40/60 chance? And also, its unbelievable that Gravette not only fell as a program, but that far down. I always respected them from afar the last two decades. Just a clean and steady program. I hope they get back to competitiveness soon in the coming years. Especially with a shot at going 5A soon.

RZback

Quote from: beach bum on October 13, 2018, 02:25:36 pm
It's absolutely crazy to think Lincoln has a legitimate chance of beating PG if they show up to play. I'd like to hear from the Pea Ridge folks who watched them play Lincoln earlier in the year and PG last night what their thoughts are about what kind of shot Lincoln has going into that game. Does Lincoln have a small chance or is it approaching let's say 40/60 chance? And also, its unbelievable that Gravette not only fell as a program, but that far down. I always respected them from afar the last two decades. Just a clean and steady program. I hope they get back to competitiveness soon in the coming years. Especially with a shot at going 5A soon.

I'd say 30/ 70 chance that Lincoln beats PG.  They only put up 14 against PR and still have yet to beat a quality foe, not all their fault that their opponents have been soft but still doesn't give much to base a win on.  PG should be 5-4 when the two meet and based on history I'd say PG has the edge mentally and physically.  They just play tough.  The PR/Lincoln score could have been a touchdown or two wider if PR wasn't bad about hurting itself with penalties.  Of course as in most games anything can happen, penalties and turnovers certainly can turn a game.  Lincoln still going to have a nice record, probably 7-3 in the regular season and 4-3 in conference.

prHOG13

Quote from: beach bum on October 13, 2018, 02:25:36 pm
It's gonna be a battle. Defensively PG just doesn't have the same physicality as they've had in years past. At the same time, I don't know that Lincoln has the RB depth (theirs is a freshman, and is going to be a good one) to have the same kind of big plays PR did last night. Lloyd will need to have a big night on the ground and be efficient through the air. I think Lincoln should get one of their better receiving weapons back by then. With the game being in Lincoln, I give the edge to the Wolves. History can get in their head though and it'll be key for them to jump out to a lead and keep their foot on the gas.

beach bum

Thanks for the info from both... That may be the one game I watch this year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas