• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Magazine Rattler Football Thread 2023

Started by alaskanstorm, September 23, 2018, 09:37:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

Rattler he is from Burg....Started the account in December to start an I got snubbed from all state campaign

RATTLER43

Really.   We are going to have to have some fun with this guy.  I'll see how thick dragon skin is.    Congrats on the exciting win last night for Hector.

Prouddragondad

Yes he is from Burg. He was our QB last year and made All-State and was picked to play in the All-Star game but when it got time to play the game the head coaches of both teams in the game picked their own roster and left him and a kid from Hackett off the team. Mtburg and Hackett coach tried to fix it but couldn't so yes the boy has a right to be upset about it. As far as Burg never being relevant that's a joke. You guys from Magazine run your mouth all week then get beat by Lavaca. Mtburg fans could have very easily gave y'all a hard time but it's not worth it. If you want to see how thick someone's skin is come week 9 you can come at me with all your comments I'll be glad to go back and forth with any of you but right now we are not worried about you guys because unlike Magazine Mountainburg controls their on destiny and we got to get ready for Hackett. I'm sure your going to come back at me and that's fine but if you are who I think you are you may want to show some class being in the position your in but hey I may be confused and your not who I think you are.

HorseFeathers

Prouddragondad

I know your not and I never have had problems with Hector besides them beating us lol. Heck I never had problems with Magazine till this year. I always have rooted for them and glad to see them being very competitive this year. Don't know why some of their fans are on Burg so much. It is what it is I guess but I have no hard feelings toward any team and enjoy going back and forth with everyone we play cause that's what this is all about. A bunch of old guys having fun and talking trash. Just don't think you should make it personal and it has happen here lately and we all need to go back to just having fun again. I'll be the first to say I'm excited to see our conference being very competitive with 5 teams I can't wait for playoffs I think as a conference we will surprise other teams.

HorseFeathers

FWIW I was just pointing out he didnt start it to hate on magazine lol...Just got the wrong thing he got snubbed from...

Here's to hoping Hector and Burg take care of business so Week 10 is for that conference title 😁

RATTLER43

"Yes he is from Burg. He was our QB last year and made All-State and was picked to play in the All-Star game but when it got time to play the game the head coaches of both teams in the game picked their own roster and left him and a kid from Hackett off the team.".   If this is true, I'll leave him out of it.   Way back when we were in with Jessieville and the 2A-5, they held the conference vote.   Guys were voted All State.   When turned in to the AAA, they told us that our conference had voted two too many in.  Our two young men were the odd men out.  Tough stuff indeed.    For kids who work so hard then get something taken away is tough.     

yeitman3

You can come at me however you want. I just think it's funny the first good start to a season y'all have had in four seasons and y'all are talking about a conference championship run and deep playoff appearance.

HorseFeathers

And Mnt Burg is doing the same despite never having won a conference title...ever....what's your point?

AR_dawg3

The curse of 3 wins! Can magazine break it?

yeitman3

We've never a contender for conference the last 3 years or so finishing at least top three

RATTLER43

Hope so. Hope to get back on track this week.  Got to shore up the defense over the next few weeks.   Lavaca punched us in the gut scoring on their first five possessions with a balanced attack.   

alaskanstorm

Quote from: AR_dawg3 on October 13, 2018, 06:27:03 pm
The curse of 3 wins! Can magazine break it?

Write the check and cash it dawg, it is as good as done. 

alaskanstorm

Pdd and Dv you know the more I think about it, I think I'm going to be pulling for you guys this week.  That way the rattlers get to play spoiler in week Nine and pandemonium will ensue.

alaskanstorm

Quote from: yeitman3 on October 13, 2018, 06:33:48 pm
We've never a contender for conference the last 3 years or so finishing at least top three

To easy ill give you a chance to correct, to appease pdd.

RATTLER43

Quote from: yeitman3 on October 13, 2018, 06:17:30 pmI just think it's funny the first good start to a season y'all have had in four seasons and y'all are talking about a conference championship run and deep playoff appearance.

At my age, four years is the blink of an eye!   We old-timers talk about conference titles, home playoff games, good times from the past, and such.   I figure old-timers from all communities do.    Good luck the rest of the way.   Hoping we can be playing you guys for those types of things in a couple of weeks.

RATTLER43

... and yes, I will be cheering for the Dragons and any conference team come playoff time. 

RATTLER43

My Astros are about to start.  Later.

Prouddragondad

My Dodgers just won and I sure would like to meet your Astros again in the World Series we owe them lol! Anyways got to get back to the Hog game. I got them winning this one.

Dragonsvoice

Maybe the rats can bounce back this week. this is the last post I put on this thread. we have Hackett at hornetville and our hands will be full with them. see ya week nine if you want to say hello me and PDD will be in the press box come up and say hi

rattlerfan24

Quote from: Prouddragondad on October 13, 2018, 05:05:38 pm
Yes he is from Burg. He was our QB last year and made All-State and was picked to play in the All-Star game but when it got time to play the game the head coaches of both teams in the game picked their own roster and left him and a kid from Hackett off the team. Mtburg and Hackett coach tried to fix it but couldn't so yes the boy has a right to be upset about it. As far as Burg never being relevant that's a joke. You guys from Magazine run your mouth all week then get beat by Lavaca. Mtburg fans could have very easily gave y'all a hard time but it's not worth it. If you want to see how thick someone's skin is come week 9 you can come at me with all your comments I'll be glad to go back and forth with any of you but right now we are not worried about you guys because unlike Magazine Mountainburg controls their on destiny and we got to get ready for Hackett. I'm sure your going to come back at me and that's fine but if you are who I think you are you may want to show some class being in the position your in but hey I may be confused and your not who I think you are.
how does Magazine "not" control it's own destiny?

HorseFeathers

Only team that technically controls its destiny is Mountainburg....Magazine could win out and still not get the 1 seed, especially so if Burg and Lavaca both beat Hector

rattlerfan24

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 13, 2018, 09:18:22 pm
Only team that technically controls its destiny is Mountainburg....Magazine could win out and still not get the 1 seed, especially so if Burg and Lavaca both beat Hector
I got you.  I was thinking in terms of Conference Championships not seeding.

HorseFeathers

Conference titles are nice...seeding is important

rattlerfan24

alaskanstorm

Well the storm thinks it is a travesty that JCW has decided to keep their rebel mascot and continue to embrace a symbol of hatred and separation.  So, tomorrow night the rattlers are going to send the following message "it's 2018 not 1863" and knock some sense into the JCW program.

'Ziners 38   Rebs 6

AR_dawg3

Jc is a good team and don't believe they kept there mascot because of hate I think they kept it cause it's been there mascot since the school started and I think it's kinda cool that they stand for something and don't care what other people think!

alaskanstorm

Your entitled to your opinion dawg and if JCW wants to keep a mascot which is perceived by the majority as a symbol of a seperationist ideology more power to them.  But the rattlers are gonna hand down a symbolic hand of justice beat down this Friday night. 

'Ziners 42    Rebs. 0

AR_dawg3

You said 38-6 which is it? And y'all should do just fine tomorrow night! Hopefully will get that 4th win and break the streak

alaskanstorm

I told you to take the check to the bank last week. Your still not holding on to it are you? 

AR_dawg3

I'll just go ahead and hold on to it! Would sure hate to try and cash it and it balance!lol

alaskanstorm

Funny you should mention balance, because that is exactly how the rattlers are going to win tomorrow night with a balanced offensive attack.  The rattlers are going to accumulate 532 total yards 230 through the air and 302 on the ground.  While the rattler Regroups and refocuses holding the Johnny Rebs to 107 total yards.

AR_dawg3

Bounce* is what it was supposed to say lol! Good luck I hope y'all do it!

alaskanstorm

Alright, alright, alright!!! The rattlers got back on track this week.  So, with da 'burg winning and Lavaca losing, it is do or die time for the rattlers but the rattlers shouldn't have any problems getting up for this one.  Gonna be a fun week.  Pdd, dv, dawg, pdd, and yeti best of luck, y'all remind me of this stand up feller I used to know from way back when.  Would any of you guys happen to originally be from Louisiana?

Dragonsvoice

Did you know the Komodo Dragon will take down Mnt goats, sheep, and snakes they are pound for pound one of the fiercest animals in the galpapouis islands?

alaskanstorm

October 19, 2018, 10:05:04 pm #335 Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 10:50:53 pm by alaskanstorm
I wouldn't think being the fiercest animal on an island populated by a bunch of birds would be that hard to obtain.  Pulse the Komodo has never went up against a bunch of Pit Vipers from the base of the mountain.

coachc9

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on October 19, 2018, 09:55:47 pm
Did you know the Komodo Dragon will take down Mnt goats, sheep, and snakes they are pound for pound one of the fiercest animals in the galpapouis islands?

Where exactly are the galpapouis islands?

HorseFeathers

RattleCat

I still think that the Rattlers are still a year away but I sure am pround of that they have done this year they have came so far from week 1 to now.

alaskanstorm

Your not going to have to Waite a year RC.  I have it on good authority that DP's Christmas bonus is riding on the outcome of this game.  Rattlers Roll!

RATTLER43

This is the most football excitement/buzz we have had in a while.  Lot of fun for sure.   Keeping the ball away from the Dragons means no fumbles, few to zero penalties, and execution on the offensive line.   Hoping for a great game.    DP's bonus riding on the outcome of this game ......  ;D   

alaskanstorm

The administration takes these things serious down that way 43.  Have you notice game week has arrived and all the burg poster have went dark.  They must have watched some of the rattler highlights and realized the trouble they are in.

RATTLER43

October 22, 2018, 08:28:13 pm #342 Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 07:13:29 am by RATTLER43
 "The administration takes these things serious down that way 43."   8)  ;D

AR_dawg3

😂😂should be a good game but nah we aren't scared!

alaskanstorm

Scared da 'burg will be, yes scared they will be.

Dragonsvoice

Quote from: alaskanstorm on October 23, 2018, 06:52:12 am
Scared da 'burg will be, yes scared they will be.
Vader wasn't scared of Yoda I believe he scared him to death when Luke was in the cave facing his dad. And when you come to a Dragons Den usually in a Cave LOL!

Dragonsvoice

I knew a lot about Rattlers too they entertained my kids when they were babies but  they grew out of the in the fundamental years.

Dragonsvoice

Around the Burg we like to do what we called snake hunting snakes like to lay on the warm roads at night when it gets this season when the days are warm and nights are cold. So one night when I was younger man a few of us guys went on a snake hunt. we headed out on the back roads of the burg in search of them cold blooded snakes laying on the roads. We had taken our weapons and set out for a good nights fun. We would kill all kinds of snakes Black, Cottonmouths, and the Prize Rattlers. Well on this night we had killed a few already then on the old Shepard springs road we came across a rattler. One of the old boys jumped out of the old Grand Cherokee and killed it as it slithered to the ditch. well then he picked up the old dead rattler as he was celebrated his kill. Then as he was carrying out the old snake from the ditch where it had slithered to, one of the other old boys from the Burg hit with at stick right in the head as he was heading to gang with his trophy. But you know what that old dead rattler did still spit venom on us even though he was a dead snake that old snake on the road was ruthless to the very end. The End.

alaskanstorm

Interesting story Dv.  you and pdd are a couple stand up fellows and remind me a lot of this stand up guy from way back when.  Are either of you originally from Louisiana?

So I recieve a text at work today from my brother in law who is not the smartest tool in the shed.  He said "I just drove through da 'burg and they done went oft n caught themselves 4 or 5 dinosaurs. Have em caged in behind 10 foot high prison fences.  Beats all you have ever seen." I hated to dampen his exuberance but it had to be done. I told him "those are not real dinosaurs and those aren't prison fences.  Those fences have been put there to keep the local rift raft out.  Which is why the rattlers are going to win Friday night.  You see rift raft like that is consistently undisciplined."  Which is why the rattler win the turn over battle Friday night.

Ziners 32. Burg 21

Dragonsvoice

Quote from: alaskanstorm on October 23, 2018, 07:21:36 pm
Interesting story Dv.  you and pdd are a couple stand up fellows and remind me a lot of this stand up guy from way back when.  Are either of you originally from Louisiana?

So I recieve a text at work today from my brother in law who is not the smartest tool in the shed.  He said "I just drove through da 'burg and they done went oft n caught themselves 4 or 5 dinosaurs. Have em caged in behind 10 foot high prison fences.  Beats all you have ever seen." I hated to dampen his exuberance but it had to be done. I told him "those are not real dinosaurs and those aren't prison fences.  Those fences have been put there to keep the local rift raft out.  Which is why the rattlers are going to win Friday night.  You see rift raft like that is consistently undisciplined."  Which is why the rattler win the turn over battle Friday night.

Ziners 32. Burg 21
+1
the dinos are in check because for the for several years they have gone loose and ripped the rattlers buttons off they want no team playing with a disability.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas