• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smackover/Prescott

Started by WHITEchicken, September 21, 2018, 11:11:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Smackover Fan

Prescott will likely try to throw some, but Smackovers defensive secondary is as good as they have been in recent memory. I predict a 30 something to 30 something game. Most work coming from the ground on both sides. Difference maker will either be Smackover winning with depth at running back or Prescott winning with size. Smackover by a score for me.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Leo Marvin on September 29, 2018, 05:00:48 pm
Prescott has a 6'8" quarterback?? 😳

Honestly. I'm more concerned about them hitting home runs. I hope the bases aren't loaded.

WHITEchicken

Even 2 on would be a problem.

Horse Shoe

Quote from: LHChick on September 29, 2018, 03:13:16 pm
I'm a long time reader and brand new poster. I can tell you nobody is scoring 35 on Prescott D.
Prescott has a 6'8 QB and really big receivers who catch and block very well. Prescott will pound those small D- linemen with our backs and when it's second and short will hit Cox or Glass with a homerun when you least expect it
Foreman said the same thing.  They thought their D was rock solid too. No way our little guys could beat their big guys.

Maynard G Krebs

Proud Buckaroo

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Smackover Fan on September 29, 2018, 05:07:26 pm
Prescott will likely try to throw some, but Smackovers defensive secondary is as good as they have been in recent memory. I predict a 30 something to 30 something game. Most work coming from the ground on both sides. Difference maker will either be Smackover winning with depth at running back or Prescott winning with size. Smackover by a score for me.
Which team have you played that can throw anything like Prescott?

Horse Shoe

Quote from: Oldman on September 29, 2018, 07:12:04 pm
Which team have you played that can throw anything like Prescott?
Centerpoint is the only team that has really tried to pass some.  I haven't seen Prescott's passing game, so I'm not going to try to find a fault there.  I do know we have the speed to cover.  But, if the Wolves have some height at the receiver position, and the quarterback is having an on night, it could spell trouble for the Bucks. Harding wore us out once with those tall receivers.

snoopy22

Prescott's QB Ryan Johnson is the same height as an old Arkansas Razorback QB with the same first name, Ryan Mallett, 6-7.

BuckHead

Prescott won't be able to stop Turner. If he would've played the 3 and a half games he's been off the field this year he would lead the entire state in rushing from class 2A-7A. Look at the rushing leaders. He has almost 600 yards rushing on less than 25 carries this year. Nobody here knows that though. Lol

Linebacker

No doubt Turner may be really good. But it will take a lot more than one player to beat Prescott.

BuckHead

Of course it will but Smackover is loaded. Look out for the Modica brothers, Crockett etc. Will be a good game but I think Smackover wins it. Turner is just as good at linebacker too.

imtie

Quote from: LHChick on September 29, 2018, 03:13:16 pm
I'm a long time reader and brand new poster. I can tell you nobody is scoring 35 on Prescott D.
Prescott has a 6'8 QB and really big receivers who catch and block very well. Prescott will pound those small D- linemen with our backs and when it's second and short will hit Cox or Glass with a homerun when you least expect it

HA wana bet young buck? Don't be stupid. Both teams will score, it will come down to the defense and which one does better. Plain and simple.

ISU7

September 30, 2018, 07:59:45 am #63 Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 08:03:46 am by ISU7
Quote from: BuckHead on September 29, 2018, 10:39:19 pm
Prescott won't be able to stop Turner. If he would've played the 3 and a half games he's been off the field this year he would lead the entire state in rushing from class 2A-7A. Look at the rushing leaders. He has almost 600 yards rushing on less than 25 carries this year. Nobody here knows that though. Lol
As of now do you know where the state leading rusher resides. Hint: mascot is Colts .. ;D

ISU7

C- Wolves 28
Bucks       22  8)

WHITEchicken

I know last week our passing game took a step forward. Boone made one of the best passed I have ever seen him make on a fade route that was perfect. He is getting better every game. What does the Wolves have on the defensive side? Many going both ways?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: WHITEchicken on September 30, 2018, 08:50:12 am
I know last week our passing game took a step forward. Boone made one of the best passed I have ever seen him make on a fade route that was perfect. He is getting better every game. What does the Wolves have on the defensive side? Many going both ways?
Dude you played Horatio. I'd look good throwing against them.

Linebacker

Sounds like Smackover players play both sides of the ball. If so it will be a long night for Smackover. Hard to play both sides for 4 quarters when you play a team with tradition like Prescott has.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Linebacker on September 30, 2018, 12:38:44 pm
Sounds like Smackover players play both sides of the ball. If so it will be a long night for Smackover. Hard to play both sides for 4 quarters when you play a team with tradition like Prescott has.
What does playing both ways have to do with tradition?

LilFro

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Oldman on September 30, 2018, 12:53:24 pm
What does playing both ways have to do with tradition?
You must get especially tired playing against it.

Linebacker

September 30, 2018, 01:08:16 pm #71 Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 01:14:36 pm by Linebacker
Tradition has everything to do with it. Look around. It’s not rocket science

snoopy22

Smackover seems to be very confident.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Linebacker on September 30, 2018, 01:08:16 pm
Tradition has everything to do with it. Look around. It's not rocket science
If you don't know how to answer a question, just make a generalization and imply the questioner is an idiot if he doesn't get it.

Jimbo Morphis

September 30, 2018, 02:57:51 pm #74 Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 02:59:48 pm by Oldman
Quote from: Linebacker on September 30, 2018, 01:08:16 pm
Tradition has everything to do with it. Look around. It's not rocket science
If Prescott doesn't play many both ways then that is called depth and it is a huge advantage. Tradition is Smackovers chain gang being tougher than Prescott's coaches.

Linebacker

Ok I guess Alabama winning tradition has nothing to do with Alabama or Nick Saban? Just like experience and old age doesn't have anything to do with knowledge?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Linebacker on September 30, 2018, 03:10:39 pm
Ok I guess Alabama winning tradition has nothing to do with Alabama or Nick Saban? Just like experience and old age doesn't have anything to do with knowledge?
Are the other teams Bama is facing playing players both ways?

Linebacker

Quote from: Oldman on September 30, 2018, 03:15:28 pm
Are the other teams Bama is facing playing players both ways?
Do the players from Smackover go to school for an education? Or play ball for a tier 2 school?

jay nelvin

BLUF, neither team has played good competition up to this point.  I have seen both teams play in person, and believe it will come down to line play, which I think Prescott has the advantage.  Not many, if any, Prescott players play both ways, which should benefit them as well.  I think Smackover is very good, but I think our dline will present some problems Smackover hasn't come close to seeing yet.  If you don't have depth on your lines, which I didn't see during the JC game, I could see that being the difference in this game.

jay nelvin

Obviously the turnover battle will be huge as well.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: jay nelvin on September 30, 2018, 03:41:36 pm
BLUF, neither team has played good competition up to this point.  I have seen both teams play in person, and believe it will come down to line play, which I think Prescott has the advantage.  Not many, if any, Prescott players play both ways, which should benefit them as well.  I think Smackover is very good, but I think our dline will present some problems Smackover hasn't come close to seeing yet.  If you don't have depth on your lines, which I didn't see during the JC game, I could see that being the difference in this game.
I agree, especially if it is warmer Friday like the weather is supposed to be.

Proud Buckaroo

Let's be be honest here....

This will probably be Prescott's first test. In conference play.. neither team has played anyone that could challenge them. Conditioning won't be an issue for Smackover. Like I said. It will either be a shootout or a close defensive game.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 30, 2018, 04:18:33 pm
Let's be be honest here....

This will probably be Prescott's first test. In conference play.. neither team has played anyone that could challenge them. Conditioning won't be an issue for Smackover. Like I said. It will either be a shootout or a close defensive game.

You can't condition enough to compensate playing twice as many downs as an equal or better opponent on a warm night.  If that is the case it show on the line of scrimmage in the 2nd half with a missed block here and a missed tackle there.

Linebacker

Playing both ways is a factor when playing a good team. Especially in the second half on the road. It is a lot easier playing one way. Both teams are very good.

WHITEchicken

September 30, 2018, 06:07:30 pm #84 Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 06:10:07 pm by WHITEchicken
I agree depth is a big advantage if you have it. Passing I was talking about against centerpoint. It doesn't mater who you are playing a perfect pass is a perfect pass. No one would have had a play on the ball. I would say JC was a test. I'm ready for Friday. Oldman what do you mean about smacks chain gang...haha

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: WHITEchicken on September 30, 2018, 06:07:30 pm
I agree depth is a big advantage if you have it. Passing I was talking about against centerpoint. It doesn't mater who you are playing a perfect pass is a perfect pass. No one would have had a play on the ball. I would say JC was a test. I'm ready for Friday. Oldman what do you mean about smacks chain gang...haha
How old are you? If you don't know ask around.

Hawgeye

Quote from: Linebacker on September 30, 2018, 03:10:39 pm

Surely you're not attempting to make the comparison of Alabama tradition to anything in Prescott?

Prescott traditionally isn't anything special...it's not 1975 any longer.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Oldman on September 30, 2018, 07:07:09 pm
How old are you? If you don't know ask around.

He's old enough to know the situation. But he wasn't around smackover at that time.

Don't worry. Game is in prescott though 😅

jay nelvin

Quote from: Hawgeye on September 30, 2018, 07:23:50 pm
Surely you're not attempting to make the comparison of Alabama tradition to anything in Prescott?

Prescott traditionally isn't anything special...it's not 1975 any longer.
You are ignorant my friend, go back and do a little reasearch on Prescott since 1975.

ROULETTE

Quote from: Oldman on September 30, 2018, 04:27:15 pm
You can't condition enough to compensate playing twice as many downs as an equal or better opponent on a warm night.  If that is the case it show on the line of scrimmage in the 2nd half with a missed block here and a missed tackle there.

In my experience, it's usually about this point in the year that players start to get into "game shape".  The only way to get in game shape is to play games. But with that in mind, in a tough fought game up front, depth on the D line never hurt anyone

panther07

Quote from: DeeGoldie on September 29, 2018, 12:08:33 pm
Agree 100%. Both teams offenses and defenses are going to be worn out by the final buzzer.

Nostradamus

panther07

Quote from: CoolBreeze on September 30, 2018, 01:34:51 pm
If you don't know how to answer a question, just make a generalization and imply the questioner is an idiot if he doesn't get it.

That's a winner.

Hawgeye

Quote from: jay nelvin on September 30, 2018, 07:37:24 pm
You are ignorant my friend, go back and do a little reasearch on Prescott since 1975.

Let's not act like Prescott is something they're not.

"Tradition" in Arkansas is reserved for such schools as Greenwood, Pine Bluff, Central, etc. When speaking about high school football in Arkansas, Prescott is a long ways down the list, as is Smackover.

WHITEchicken

So is Prescott's qb good or does he just have a big arm and is big?

jay nelvin

Quote from: WHITEchicken on September 30, 2018, 08:51:27 pm
So is Prescott's qb good or does he just have a big arm and is big?
He is good, very fast. 

jay nelvin

Quote from: Hawgeye on September 30, 2018, 08:39:03 pm

Let's not act like Prescott is something they're not.

"Tradition" in Arkansas is reserved for such schools as Greenwood, Pine Bluff, Central, etc. When speaking about high school football in Arkansas, Prescott is a long ways down the list, as is Smackover.
Another ignorant remark, as you didn't even mention Nashville  which is the state's best in playoff wins.
BTW Prescott is around eight on that list with 64.

WHITEchicken

Really good? Is he getting looks? He should be getting looks from the hogs if he's really good because they could use a qb.

jay nelvin

Quote from: WHITEchicken on September 30, 2018, 09:21:07 pm
Really good? Is he getting looks? He should be getting looks from the hogs if he's really good because they could use a qb.
First year playing the position, previous two years he started at safety.  Amazing track athlete.  Much respect for Boone, I think he is a really good QB.  Modica brothers really impressed me too.  Haven't seen Turner in person, but hear he is the real deal.  Wish I were home to see this one, but will be tuned into the Buckaroo sports network.

panther07

Quote from: jay nelvin on September 30, 2018, 09:09:44 pm
Another ignorant remark, as you didn't even mention Nashville  which is the state's best in playoff wins.
BTW Prescott is around eight on that list with 64.

And Barton, and junction, and Harding academy.

jay nelvin

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas