• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

High school football season TOO SHORT!!!!!!

Started by Bigfootdogfan, September 20, 2018, 04:05:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigfootdogfan

I am sure I will get slammed for saying this or even thinking it but I sure wish High school football lasted longer. Most teams now a days start working to prepare for their next season in January, that's 8 months of working out and preparing for the two month season for most teams three if you are lucky enough to make post season play. 7 regular season games and 3 non conference games just goes by way too fast. I am saying this from a fans perspective of High School football not the players and they are the ones putting forth all the hard work and effort. Maybe they don't think it is too short especially if they are on a struggling program like the Arkansas Razorbacks. Their season can't get over soon enough but for the programs that are thriving I sure would like to see additional games either up front or at the end, possible a overall state championship game. We added what is called zero week this year, 4 weeks to play 3 games, heck just let everyone sechedule a 4 th non conference game at the beginning of the season. I know we have College football to turn to on Saturdays and Professional Football on Sunday but I DIVORCED professional football Two years ago and as a Razorback fan I just can't seem to get excited about them so I need more HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL.  Just my opinion !!! IS IT FRIDAY YET??????

InYoGrill

Quote from: Bigfootdogfan on September 20, 2018, 04:05:31 pm
I am sure I will get slammed for saying this or even thinking it but I sure wish High school football lasted longer. Most teams now a days start working to prepare for their next season in January, that's 8 months of working out and preparing for the two month season for most teams three if you are lucky enough to make post season play. 7 regular season games and 3 non conference games just goes by way too fast. I am saying this from a fans perspective of High School football not the players and they are the ones putting forth all the hard work and effort. Maybe they don't think it is too short especially if they are on a struggling program like the Arkansas Razorbacks. Their season can't get over soon enough but for the programs that are thriving I sure would like to see additional games either up front or at the end, possible a overall state championship game. We added what is called zero week this year, 4 weeks to play 3 games, heck just let everyone sechedule a 4 th non conference game at the beginning of the season. I know we have College football to turn to on Saturdays and Professional Football on Sunday but I DIVORCED professional football Two years ago and as a Razorback fan I just can't seem to get excited about them so I need more HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL.  Just my opinion !!! IS IT FRIDAY YET??????
[/b]  I feel yee Bigfeet- same sentiment here

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas