• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Favorites in 5A

Started by PA Dad, July 03, 2018, 09:59:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dad

We are only a couple of months from playing football.  It's time to get the discussion going.

Many posters seem to believe that PA is the favorite again.  I disagree.  PA will be good, but they lost 16 starters.  It will be very hard to repeat with such a young team.

My favorite is Morrilton, primarily because of Criswell.  He is a phenomenal athlete.  The only issue is whether he has a good supporting cast.  I don't know whether he does but I suspect it will be good enough.

I think Texarkana will compete.  I don't know anything about them but what I read on this board but most folks are high on them.  They have speed and an excellent coach.

LRCA should contend.  Good athletes and a good coach.  But I think they also lost a lot of starters.

Batesville is always in the mix and I think they will be this year.  Great coaching and great community support creates a perennial contender.

Wynne lost a lot like PA did.  But, I never count out a great program like Wynne.

There is a surprise team every year and there will be one this year.  It's always interesting to see that develop.

McClellan lost a lot too but Coach Moody has made a believer out of me.  They will make the playoffs and contend.

Harrison and Alma may contend but I just don't know what they have coming back this year.

Who are your favorites?

tmycjy

Here are my favorite for this year

East
Batesville ( could be there at the end off it all playing for a state tittle just need to know how playoff will be set up this team all head up to this year kinda like what happen to wynne last year batesville has most SR kids
Wynne ( wynne running Lot Of so. But truedistion play a factor for wynne wynne alway win they the way the kids want most year )
Nettleton ( has a big season last year the question is is nettleton a one trick pony or are they the new king of the east )
Blytheville ( coach Ben fisher has got them going in the right way but with tough east play someone might fall short if they can win the right game they could go far)
Valley view ( a good team who doesn't have there QB who marked valley view go but they have some player who can play but with out a QB will they still win )
FC ( has some of the better player in east but disabled must play a key here if they can  get disabled they could be the surprise in the punch bowl and win the east tittle )
Paragould and GCT will be 7 and 8 place

AT

Alma is a big question mark for me, mainly because of QB play, but they have the athletes out to be good. I'll still keep Morrilton and Harrison in front of them in the 5A West until results from the season come in.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas