• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Volunteer coaches

Started by Southark, June 23, 2018, 03:47:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Southark

I am just curious how this works? I noticed Hampton had a volunteer coach that pretty much seemed to run the team.. although I d I'd recognize that their head coach was pretty much confined to a golf cart and couldn't really get around. Just curious how this works?

WHITEchicken

What do you mean how does it work? If you mean how is it legal through the AAA then. If you want to be a volunteer coach you have to take a few classes online and pass a test, pass the AAA rules test, be cpr/aed certified, and all of that be on file and the school.

gamechanger11

However, lots of teams use illegal volunteer coaches.

Southark

Thanks I was jw how all that worked

cowboy_hawg

Volunteer coaches approved through the AAA can be head coaches in your secondary sports.  Not paid through the school, hence volunteer coach. I'm almost certain of this to the degree of 98.9%, you can check the AAA site and see what sports can have volunteer coaches on staff and which cannot.  A person can also check the status of a volunteer coach by going and typing a coaches name in and doing a search. If a coach if approved through the AAA that coaches name will be in the data search.

MCNMC

Foreman has had a volunteer head coach for all but 2 or 3 of the last 10, 12, 15? (a long time) years or so.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas