• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1A vs 2A in last cycle

Started by LaFlamaBlanca55, May 08, 2018, 12:03:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LaFlamaBlanca55

I have not got to see just a ton of baseball on the state wide level this year, but it seems to me once state postseason hits for the second year in a row the 1A/2A brackets are really messed up. 2A takes 12 teams, while 1A takes 20?. the 1A teams ive seen this year compared to the 2A are far superior. Im just trying to understand what the AAA was thinking when they did this classification cycle this way. How can football schools compete in 1A baseball? 1A baseball with woodlawn, taylor, armorel, viola, bee branch etc are better than 2A on a state level. I guess im looking for some explanation as to why 1A has so many more teams, and its harder to advance than any other classification. Im glad they are doing away with it and going to the traditional teams next year. what are yalls thoughts, on the smaller classifications being better with less than the bigger classifications?   

HorseFeathers

Quote from: LaFlamaBlanca55 on May 08, 2018, 12:03:16 am
I have not got to see just a ton of baseball on the state wide level this year, but it seems to me once state postseason hits for the second year in a row the 1A/2A brackets are really messed up. 2A takes 12 teams, while 1A takes 20?. the 1A teams ive seen this year compared to the 2A are far superior. Im just trying to understand what the AAA was thinking when they did this classification cycle this way. How can football schools compete in 1A baseball? 1A baseball with woodlawn, taylor, armorel, viola, bee branch etc are better than 2A on a state level. I guess im looking for some explanation as to why 1A has so many more teams, and its harder to advance than any other classification. Im glad they are doing away with it and going to the traditional teams next year. what are yalls thoughts, on the smaller classifications being better with less than the bigger classifications?   

Woodlawn, Dierks, and Midland all field football teams and are ranked in top 10 by maxpreps( does anyone else put out a top 10 for baseball?)

I do agree that 1a and 2a got messed up this cycle....

big E

Those schools if they did not have football would be 1a all the time.

N2DEEP

The 1A bracket makes no sense. In the first round you have 4 games and 12 byes... Instead of 20 teams should make it 16 teams, right now they have the bracket set for 32 teams which does not make good sense.

BossHogs

I'm just glad Woodlawn is moving back up and Junction is moving back down. Competition will be stiffer but I want to get back to the days of old with Woodlawn, PC, and Junction City duking it out.

tacklethis...

Quote from: BossHogs on May 08, 2018, 08:35:32 am
I'm just glad Woodlawn is moving back up and Junction is moving back down. Competition will be stiffer but I want to get back to the days of old with Woodlawn, PC, and Junction City duking it out.

The region will be much better too cause Horatio will be in it again too. JC, PC, Woodlawn, Dierks, Horatio....someone will get left out every year.

BossHogs

Quote from: tacklethis... on May 10, 2018, 03:38:07 am
The region will be much better too cause Horatio will be in it again too. JC, PC, Woodlawn, Dierks, Horatio....someone will get left out every year.
I enjoy watching Woodlawn and Dierks play. Always a competitive game. Might be a rough year next year for Woodlawn with almost every starter graduating. Just hoping they make State next year. Getting out of District and Regionals is going to be tough enough as it is. Still love that all that competition though and you're right some good teams are going to get left out every year.

BossHogs

Also how did the 1A State Tournament end up at Mountain Home? Is there a 1A team that uses their field as their home too? I know Mountain Home isn't 1A.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BossHogs on May 10, 2018, 08:03:09 am
Also how did the 1A State Tournament end up at Mountain Home? Is there a 1A team that uses their field as their home too? I know Mountain Home isn't 1A.

Think mammoth springs is actually hosting @ Mountain Home

Bird

I would say that both 1A AND 2A Teams are down/weak accept for a handful in each classification. With those handful of teams there is not much difference between them when you are just looking at playing one game. In playing a 2 out of 3 I would give the very slight edge to 2A because they generally have more pitching. If you really want to look at some screwed up divisions just take a look at the 6A & 7A. they only have about 16 teams state wide. It's not such a big deal to win a State Tournament in those divisions any longer.

BossHogs

Quote from: HorseFeathers on May 10, 2018, 12:57:08 pm
Think mammoth springs is actually hosting @ Mountain Home
Ok well that makes more sense. I was going to say that if your school isn't in that classification there is no way you should be allowed to host the tournament.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas