• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bearden Head Football Opening

Started by NWA Hawg, April 13, 2018, 06:36:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PapaHog

Sources close to the situation are reporting that Hammonds is actually in fact a PBR guy and not Coors.

The_Wesson_Blessin

That's interesting. Looks like more of a Red's Apple Ale type guy.

old.dole

NWA Hawg

old.dole

Yea let's get back on topic. Any relevant news?

NWA Hawg

I haven't seen this job advertised yet which makes me think it will be filled in house.

YouKnowUno

Still has to be posted somewhere, even if they hire in-house!

old.dole

I didn't think that was the case. I only thought it had to be posted if they were going to hire from th outside

YouKnowUno

No, it has to be posted regardless. Most schools that will post to the school website and local paper if they want to limit candidates applying for the position. A lot of schools take in-house applicants first, then will open it up for others.

HG Hornet

Quote from: YouKnowUno on April 19, 2018, 02:21:25 pm
No, it has to be posted regardless. Most schools that will post to the school website and local paper if they want to limit candidates applying for the position. A lot of schools take in-house applicants first, then will open it up for others.
That's what we always thought, but............

NWA Hawg

WHITEchicken

Doesn't have to be posted if they are re assigning som one to that job. They would just have to list the vacancy for the persons job that took the other job. If they want to test the waters from outside they have to post it.

MagicMike

I heard from a reliable source that Hammonds not only is secure in his job but got a contract extension for 3 years. 1 year for every time his buddy at PC beat him.

that1guy2110

I know most of you referring to hammonds are just up to some tom foolery but you have to admit as talented as bearden has been the last couple of years they have had way more talent in the past and done a lot less with it. They were right where they belonged last year in a district final, regional final, and the state tournament. They just simply ran up on teams that had their number.

Rida4Life

Has Hammonds ever thought of running for public office?  He seems pretty popular in Bearden.

PapaHog

I really hope "MagicMike" is Mike Cox username.

old.dole

old.dole

Did grove have the special meeting last night to officially accept Horstkamp? That way Bearden can officially advertise the job?

trojanman

where are all the local legends of bhs at on this thread? bear for life? bart? yogi? bearbacker?

Hgalum50

Quote from: trojanman on April 20, 2018, 10:29:18 am
where are all the local legends of bhs at on this thread? bear for life? bart? yogi? bearbacker?
They are all out trying to find Mike!

old.dole

He ain't that hard to find. Prolly out at the deer lease telling people how to kill a squirrel or fishing at millwood

Hgalum50

Quote from: old.dole on April 20, 2018, 10:37:46 am
He ain't that hard to find. Prolly out at the deer lease telling people how to kill a squirrel or fishing at millwood
Idk man, Hammonds might be the one teaching them! Lol

old.dole

Ole boy from Camden told he went squirrel hunting with Hammonds one time and his barrel exploded like Elmer Fudd. Lol. I know that's not relevant but it was a funny story

Hgalum50

Quote from: old.dole on April 20, 2018, 10:59:46 am
Ole boy from Camden told he went squirrel hunting with Hammonds one time and his barrel exploded like Elmer Fudd. Lol. I know that's not relevant but it was a funny story
That is pretty funny, but in all reality Hammonds is a good guy! I can see why they would want him to stay at Bearden!

old.dole

Yea it would be stupid to try and run him off

Hgalum50

Quote from: old.dole on April 20, 2018, 11:13:22 am
Yea it would be stupid to try and run him off
They ran Cox off, and they wanted Horstkamp gone from what I been told!

HG Hornet

Quote from: old.dole on April 20, 2018, 10:23:47 am
Did grove have the special meeting last night to officially accept Horstkamp? That way Bearden can officially advertise the job?
I don't know about any special meeting that took place, but Coach Horstkamp met with the Hornet football players yesterday afternoon.  Bearden should go ahead and post the opening.

old.dole

I never said they don't do stupid stuff in Bearden lol.

Hgalum50

Quote from: old.dole on April 20, 2018, 01:08:35 pm
I never said they don't do stupid stuff in Bearden lol.
I think ever school has some stupid problems like that, so it wouldn't go for just Bearden!

old.dole

Oh definitely there is a turd or two everywhere

Jimbo Morphis

mulerida

I know of a few  good buddies who put in for this that graduated with me. This is a pretty sought after job!

old.dole

mulerida

College? May '16 with bachelors in secondary Edu. (Math.) Currently going back for Exercise Science. HS n '12

old.dole

Asked to see who you may have graduated with. I doubt they hire someone with 1-2 years of experience. It is Bearden and they like like to not have to pay much though

Pat Swilling

old.dole

creamcheeze

I talked to a guy in Bearden today and he said they are going to hire someone ASAP!

old.dole

I heard the sup was out of pocket and a hire may not be made til june

MagicMike

Quote from: old.dole on April 25, 2018, 01:48:35 pm
I heard the sup was out of pocket and a hire may not be made til june

This is true.

PapaHog

old.dole

April 26, 2018, 08:43:12 am #141 Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 11:45:47 am by old.dole
Thomas is running the offense. Hammonds running the defense and when Chambliss gets done with baseball he will run all special teams. Lenny scisson will be hired as a temp head coach. John l smith of bearden. Kind of like Gatorade. He just sticks his arm in there and gives it a little stir when it needs it

HG Hornet

Quote from: old.dole on April 26, 2018, 08:43:12 am
Thomas is running the offense. Hammonds running the defense and when Chambliss gets done with baseball he will run all special teams. Lenny scisson will be hired as a temp head coach. John l smith of bearden. Kind of like Gatorade. He just sticks his arm in there and gives it a little stir when it needs it
Come on, Man.  You're wrong for that........

old.dole

That's a long running joke around Bearden because he did that one time at a practice. Lenny is a heck of a guy and the biggest bear fan in the history of Bearden schools. I don't want that post to come off wrong.

HG Hornet

Quote from: old.dole on April 26, 2018, 12:15:17 pm
That's a long running joke around Bearden because he did that one time at a practice. Lenny is a heck of a guy and the biggest bear fan in the history of Bearden schools. I don't want that post to come off wrong.
I know Lenny.  I had a nice visit with him when the Hornets went to BoomBoom country in Hampton.  He started out all chipper and upbeat telling me how Bearden was gonna pass all over us and telling me we didn't stand a chance against the Bears on Homecoming night...........then by the 3rd quarter and we had Hampton down 56-14, he saw the writin' on the wall and changed his mind.  He was so down you would have thought he was a Bulldog fan.  :)

I heard about the stirring of the Gatorade with his arm.  That's a good story, right there.  :) 

Yogi bear

Mike Cox head coach. Frankie Gathen o and d line coach and we got Lenny a big wooden spoon for the Gatorade

old.dole

Source informs mike cox was in the sups office this morning in bearden

HG Hornet

Quote from: Yogi bear on April 29, 2018, 10:37:21 pm
Mike Cox head coach. Frankie Gathen o and d line coach and we got Lenny a big wooden spoon for the Gatorade
I once saw Coach Gathen tell a kid "you you you you just sorry."  Burnt the kid down right there! 

PapaHog

MagicMike

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas