• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

State, Day 3

Started by bscinar, February 28, 2018, 12:14:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bscinar

1PM Girls
Wonderview vs Mt Ida

2:30 Boys
Guy Perkins vs Dermott

4:00 Girls
Acorn vs MVE

5:30 Boys
Acorn vs MVE

7:00 Girls
Mammoth Springs vs Quachita

8:30 Boys
ICC vs Nevada

BannerChaser95

Good boys line up again, really goood 4 o'clock girls game

super fan

I've got Guy, MVE and ICC in boys. 
Wonderview, Acorn and Mammoth Springs.
Good luck to all.

riccoar

February 28, 2018, 10:54:15 am #3 Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 12:54:32 pm by riccoar
Give me

Wonderview

Guy

MVE

MVE

Mammoth Springs

ICC

Lujk246

Upset of the day: Nevada over ICC

1Lurker

Quote from: Lujk246 on February 28, 2018, 11:48:28 am
Upset of the day: Nevada over ICC

Possible. Is a 1 over a 3 considered an upset? Have you seen either play?

Lujk246

Quote from: 1Lurker on February 28, 2018, 12:24:28 pm
Possible. Is a 1 over a 3 considered an upset? Have you seen either play?
I watched ICC play in the NEA Tournament and watched them play in regionals.. I think they're definitely the most overrated team in the state right now.

1Lurker

Quote from: Lujk246 on February 28, 2018, 12:26:54 pm
I watched ICC play in the NEA Tournament and watched them play in regionals.. I think they're definitely the most overrated team in the state right now.

Could be. Guess we'll find out tonight.

baller334

They really have just 2 players and one of them not sure on his name has a horrible attitude.

1Lurker

You must not think Bay is very good either.

1Lurker

Quote from: baller334 on February 28, 2018, 12:43:32 pm
They really have just 2 players and one of them not sure on his name has a horrible attitude.

Those are actually really good kids, very well mannered. But thanks for that wonderful insight.

D6Bound

yeah and which games did you watch?

JimmyChitwood

I'll be watching most all of the games but I'm mainly excited about ICC and Nevada. I haven't heard anything about Nevada mainly because there are more north Arkansas posters compared to south Ark. I think that it will be worth the $6 all by itself. Cooper is one of the most talented 1a players I have seen recently but I have heard his supporting cast is questionable at times. We will see!

D6Bound

because assuming you watched the regional tournament where they played 3 games against teams from the other conference who happened to have officials from that conference ONLY all tournament, things tend to seem a bit biased

baller334

I seen the 1st and last game but I'm just going off what I seen. Your saying they didn't play good because of officials? Did the other schools bring their (own) officials or something?

1Lurker

Quote from: baller334 on February 28, 2018, 01:03:32 pm
I seen the 1st and last game but I'm just going off what I seen. Your saying they didn't play good because of officials? Did the other schools bring their (own) officials or something?

Well as a point of fact.. they did.

D6Bound

Quote from: baller334 on February 28, 2018, 01:03:32 pm
nope. They got their butts butts beat by Bay and had plenty of opportunities to win but they couldn't get it together at the end. But I'm saying is those officials who all happen to be in the Jonesboro area, did not help anybody from ICC or their conference.

baller334

Quote from: 1Lurker on February 28, 2018, 01:04:34 pm
Well as a point of fact.. they did.

They did what? Bring their own officials to a REGIONAL TOURNAMENT? Not possible.

baller334

Quote from: D6Bound on February 28, 2018, 01:06:17 pm
nope. They got their butts butts beat by Bay and had plenty of opportunities to win but they couldn't get it together at the end. But I'm saying is those officials who all happen to be in the Jonesboro area, did not help anybody from ICC or their conference.

What do u mean help them? I'm confused here.  Were the officials suppose to help them win? Are they bringing some to state with them?

D6Bound

February 28, 2018, 01:14:25 pm #19 Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 04:27:48 pm by D6Bound
Quote from: baller334 on February 28, 2018, 01:08:47 pm
What do u mean help them? I'm confused here.  Were the officials suppose to help them win? Are they bringing some to state with them?
okay let me dumb it down for you since apparently this is too much for you to comprehend.
I'm saying that the officiating was extremely one-sided all tournament and everyone knew it. Was it the reason why ICC lost against Bay? No. ICC beat themselves against Bay. But what I'm saying is in that atmosphere along with those Jonesboro refs, every team from that conference will be 20 points better.

baller334

That's what I figured you were implying.

1Lurker

Quote from: baller334 on February 28, 2018, 01:07:28 pm
They did what? Bring their own officials to a REGIONAL TOURNAMENT? Not possible.

Possible.. and True. Same dark haired slender ref that has reffed every Bay game I've seen including the NEA Tournament games. But all in the past at this point. The game at hand is Nevada vs ICC.
ICC by 10+

AT

Girls

Wonderview - 32
Mount Ida - 8

end of 1Q

baller334

Quote from: 1Lurker on February 28, 2018, 01:15:58 pm
Possible.. and True. Same dark haired slender ref that has reffed every Bay game I've seen including the NEA Tournament games. But all in the past at this point. The game at hand is Nevada vs ICC.
ICC by 10+

Well good luck maybe y'all can bring some officials with you lol.

D6Bound

Quote from: baller334 on February 28, 2018, 01:24:20 pm
I'm sure when next year's regional comes around they will

1Lurker

February 28, 2018, 01:29:45 pm #25 Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 01:34:57 pm by 1Lurker
Quote from: baller334 on February 28, 2018, 01:24:20 pm

Eh. Don't need our own officials. Just need them to not be from Bay! Good Luck to your teams as well.

AT

Girls

Wonderview - 47
Mount Ida - 19

Halftime

1Lurker

Quote from: Almatrackster on February 28, 2018, 01:34:50 pm
Girls

Wonderview - 47
Mount Ida - 19

Halftime

I know it was a good game early in the year, but teams change. Is Wonderview as good as Norfork?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 1Lurker on February 28, 2018, 01:36:35 pm
I know it was a good game early in the year, but teams change. Is Wonderview as good as Norfork?

Depends on how Norfork will handle that WV press and vice versa

1Lurker

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 28, 2018, 01:44:48 pm

1A Girls is stout this year. Bay impressed me too. These look like teams that would still be playing in any classification.

jeremiahjohnson

Wonderview would be wise not to look past their next game, I am sure they probably will not

AT

Girls

Wonderview - 65
Mount Ida - 28

end of 3Q

HorseFeathers

Wonderview wins big...73-33

riccoar

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 28, 2018, 01:44:48 pm
Wonderview only lost 3 games all year.  5A Vilonia, 4A Pottsville, and 1A Norfork

AT

All teams left in their respective state tournaments.

Seems the AAA twitter is still going to call Dermott "Dermont"

1Lurker

Score on Guy vs. Dermott?

AT

Boys

Dermott - 21
Guy-Perkins - 18

end of 1Q

Flobbito

super fan

43-35. Guy at halftime.

Flobbito

Quote from: 1Lurker on February 28, 2018, 01:36:35 pm

They definitely have what it takes to beat everyone in the field.

Hogs2018

Quote from: 1Lurker on February 28, 2018, 01:54:19 pm
1A Girls is stout this year. Bay impressed me too. These look like teams that would still be playing in any classification.
Let's not forget how Bay girls were up 5+ the whole game vs Norfork in regional finals until the very end, props to them. And in the earlier matchup @ Norfork Blackman didn't even play. Looking forward to seeing it play out.

AT

Boys

Guy-Perkins - 67
Dermott - 58

end of 3Q

Trojan55

Guy-Perkins vs Dermott is currently being aired on KASR 92.7FM

SackAttack

Hey bigman3 ya boys 👀 ng ok

eamo8911

Flobbito

eamo8911

February 28, 2018, 03:53:37 pm #46 Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 03:55:17 pm by eamo8911

Omaha and County Line were #1 and #2 throughout the season. ICC I think was #5 according to ADG and #1 according to Maxpreps.  Perhaps, everyone missed the mark this year or perhaps, teams right on the cusp but didn't perform consistently throughout the season are now on fire? 

Omaha did play a weaker schedule, but only lost to a very good team from Missouri before last week.. ICC did struggle at times against easier teams (Calico, Hillcrest), but their only two losses before Bay last week (who just beat CL) were 4A favorite Southside and EPC which I can't explain away.

Flobbito

Girls

MVE 14

Acorn 8

After 1

AT

Girls

Mt. Vernon-Enola - 35
Acorn - 21

Halftime

AT

Girls