• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MaxPreps Class 1A Rankings

Started by ZacAttack, December 06, 2017, 12:39:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ZacAttack

Watching last year's tournament, I thought MaxPreps did a decent job of ranking the teams.  Here's the first ranking of the top 15 teams and a link to the page.   (http://www.maxpreps.com/division/ar/XBrOJsGAUUejJNgXNxGt-A/basketball-winter-17-18/playoff-class-1a.htm)

1   Omaha (AR)                          
2   Izard County (Brockwell, AR)   
3   County Line (Branch, AR)          
4   Deer (AR)                                          
5   Guy-Perkins (Guy, AR)                  
6   Armorel (AR)                                  
7   Kirby (AR)                                          
8   Nevada (Rosston, AR)                          
9   Concord (AR)                                  
10   Mammoth Spring (AR)                  
11   Midland (Pleasant Plains, AR)          
12   Mt. Vernon-Enola (Mt. Vernon, AR)   
13   Strong (AR)                                  
14   Calico Rock (AR)                          
15   Sacred Heart (Morrilton, AR)    

iRebound

Quote from: ZacAttack on December 06, 2017, 12:39:27 pm
Watching last year's tournament, I thought MaxPreps did a decent job of ranking the teams.  Here's the first ranking of the top 15 teams and a link to the page.   (http://www.maxpreps.com/division/ar/XBrOJsGAUUejJNgXNxGt-A/basketball-winter-17-18/playoff-class-1a.htm)

1   Omaha (AR)                          
2   Izard County (Brockwell, AR)   
3   County Line (Branch, AR)          
4   Deer (AR)                                          
5   Guy-Perkins (Guy, AR)                  
6   Armorel (AR)                                  
7   Kirby (AR)                                          
8   Nevada (Rosston, AR)                          
9   Concord (AR)                                  
10   Mammoth Spring (AR)                  
11   Midland (Pleasant Plains, AR)          
12   Mt. Vernon-Enola (Mt. Vernon, AR)   
13   Strong (AR)                                  
14   Calico Rock (AR)                          
15   Sacred Heart (Morrilton, AR)    

Is this boys or girls?

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: iRebound on December 06, 2017, 01:09:41 pm
Is this boys or girls?
do you see a wonderview or Norfork in there? I didn't think so

thebigman3

I looked a few days ago and it said woodlawn was number one.

jeremiahjohnson

Splash199

Don't sleep on the Woodlawn Bears

Bigleague

I won't.       When baseball gets here

thebigman3

BannerMountainMan

I thought Kirby was susposed to be top dog?

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 06, 2017, 11:35:42 pm
ICC CL and Omaha are all undefeated.

gilesman2333

ICC is a team to watch out for. Have a Sophmore thats really good

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 06, 2017, 11:35:42 pm
I'm one of if not they only Kirby poster and I didn't even have Kirby but 4th. And thats just my bias. I'm ready for chow time, these wins for deer and Kirby and county line over Oark, Oden, Acorn don't help them any. But they could have Kirby 15th for all I care. I think they will have a fun matchup with County Line in regional finals pending both make it of course. Shirley got a lot of work to do to get back in the top 15. May focus on that for the time being lol

lineman76

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on December 07, 2017, 09:17:57 am
I'm one of if not they only Kirby poster and I didn't even have Kirby but 4th. And thats just my bias. I'm ready for chow time, these wins for deer and Kirby and county line over Oark, Oden, Acorn don't help them any. But they could have Kirby 15th for all I care. I think they will have a fun matchup with County Line in regional finals pending both make it of course. Shirley got a lot of work to do to get back in the top 15. May focus on that for the time being lol
county Line has better quality wins than just Oark they beat providence academy twice this year already, a good Waldron team. Their test will come in the greenwood classic next week

BannerChaser95

Quote from: lineman76 on December 07, 2017, 11:00:47 am
county Line has better quality wins than just Oark they beat providence academy twice this year already, a good Waldron team. Their test will come in the greenwood classic next week
My shots not toward County Line. They're undefeated and that's impressive. My shots to Deer, armorel and guy. I think it's clear Omaha/county Line/ icc 1,2 & 3 however you see fit. But I mean Kirby's losses are to a 5A school and 3A school (both neutral sites). I guess Guy losing to 3-10 Bay @home is probably a better loss on paper. 😂

dunkman

I agree also Deer hasn't played no one. Cotter beat them for their only lose. ICC beat Cotter by 13 heard it was closer game than that. Omaha was up on Cotter by 28 points in 3rd and played 3rd string rest of game. Deer might be top 10, but not 5.

iRebound

Quote from: dunkman on December 07, 2017, 12:01:15 pm
I agree also Deer hasn't played no one. Cotter beat them for their only lose. ICC beat Cotter by 13 heard it was closer game than that. Omaha was up on Cotter by 28 points in 3rd and played 3rd string rest of game. Deer might be top 10, but not 5.

Agreed!

thebigman3

Omaha got a big boy that's real good?

Ba$ketballFan54321

A team I'm not seeing a lot of discussion about on here is Armorel. They've gone 9-2 against a pretty strong schedule. I wouldn't sleep on them.

lineman76

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on December 07, 2017, 11:29:21 am
My shots not toward County Line. They're undefeated and that's impressive. My shots to Deer, armorel and guy. I think it's clear Omaha/county Line/ icc 1,2 & 3 however you see fit. But I mean Kirby's losses are to a 5A school and 3A school (both neutral sites). I guess Guy losing to 3-10 Bay @home is probably a better loss on paper. 😂
I totally agree it should be a good regional tournament this year for Kirby

Ba$ketballFan54321

In my personal rankings (which means about as much as you'd think it means haha) I have Kirby number 4, right below Omaha, County Line, and ICC. They're a really good team. They've lost to some good teams. But they beat 6A Russellville and have pretty much boat raced everyone else.

dentist15

Quote from: lineman76 on December 07, 2017, 11:00:47 am

They've beat PA twice (once by 19), wins over 3A Paris and Lamar (by 38 and 30, respectively.....that said, Paris and Lamar are both down, but still 3A schools, so good wins for a 1A school), and wins over 4A Waldron and Pea Ridge (by 17 and 20, respectively....again, both are down, but still are 4A schools).

BannerChaser95

Quote from: dentist15 on December 07, 2017, 02:58:27 pm
They've beat PA twice (once by 19), wins over 3A Paris and Lamar (by 38 and 30, respectively.....that said, Paris and Lamar are both down, but still 3A schools, so good wins for a 1A school), and wins over 4A Waldron and Pea Ridge (by 17 and 20, respectively....again, both are down, but still are 4A schools).
I wasn't at all downing county Line in my original statement. But beating teams like oark and oden I meant it doesn't do Kirby, county Line, or deer any good. But who has deer beaten or played for that matter. Kirby's losses are to 5A Sylvan Hills. 8 point game with a minute to go might I add and 3A valley springs. So max preps can have Kirby 7th but I'm going to say Kirby's losses are much better losses than cotter and Bay. But I digress, none of this matters in December. So like I said Kirby can be 15th for right now. I'll see you guys in March lol

BannerChaser95

Also if Kirby is 7th, they almost mercy ruled 8th place team at Nevada. So that's in account as well!

dentist15

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on December 07, 2017, 03:39:59 pm
I wasn't at all downing county Line in my original statement. But beating teams like oark and oden I meant it doesn't do Kirby, county Line, or deer any good. But who has deer beaten or played for that matter. Kirby's losses are to 5A Sylvan Hills. 8 point game with a minute to go might I add and 3A valley springs. So max preps can have Kirby 7th but I'm going to say Kirby's losses are much better losses than cotter and Bay. But I digress, none of this matters in December. So like I said Kirby can be 15th for right now. I'll see you guys in March lol

You're good with me, I was simply filling in the info on the post that responded to you with some vague info on CL. But I never took your post to mean anything other than "big wins over mediocre-at-best 1A schools aren't worth much". And Kirby does have some "good" losses (well, as good as a loss can be)

HorseFeathers

Deer played and beat Mammoth Spring
2a Eureka springs(don't know a thing about them but used to be decent in their region)
3a yellville-summitt
2a Hackett

Have 4 kids that can shoot the 3...bout all I know about then

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 07, 2017, 04:31:40 pm
2a Eureka springs(don't know a thing about them but used to be decent in their region)
3a yellville-summitt
2a Hackett

yellville summit is horrible

jeremiahjohnson

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 07, 2017, 05:39:01 pm
yellville summit is horrible

Deer looked good in the Arvest tournament but have weakest schedule of the top 6 to date

1Lurker

Quote from: Ba$ketballFan54321 on December 07, 2017, 01:01:38 pm
A team I'm not seeing a lot of discussion about on here is Armorel. They've gone 9-2 against a pretty strong schedule. I wouldn't sleep on them.

Theyre looking good. Schedule might be toughest in state. Still have marked tree and earle twice. Theyre prolly gonna finish with a few losses, but thats gonna be a battle tested team.

dentist15

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 07, 2017, 04:31:40 pm
3a yellville-summitt
2a Hackett

Eureka is a solid/decent 2A team, but nothing spectacular.

begpmat

Eureka's best player was out the night they played Deer.

OB11

Quote from: 1Lurker on December 08, 2017, 07:20:37 am
Theyre looking good. Schedule might be toughest in state. Still have marked tree and earle twice. Theyre prolly gonna finish with a few losses, but thats gonna be a battle tested team.

I've been high on them from the get go. Think they have a chance to make some noise in the post-season. They do play a very tough schedule.

Missco

Armorel is top 10 in A no doubt. They are solid.

eamo8911

Quote from: Missco on December 08, 2017, 10:55:36 am
Armorel is top 10 in A no doubt. They are solid.

They could potentially face-off with ICC in the NEA Semis. 

eamo8911

Quote from: rebelfan on December 08, 2017, 01:16:00 am
Izard County played in the Lyon College Tournament on Wednesday night and won by over 20 points. I don't remember who they played. Cooper had 42 and Faulkner 20. In the semi-finals Friday they will play Mountain View.

They played Cave City which isn't too great this year, but 42 points from a sophomore and 20 from a freshman is pretty dang impressive!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas