• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greenwood is your 2017 6A State Champions

Started by Brian G, December 02, 2017, 05:39:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pr8hd

December 04, 2017, 09:02:21 pm #50 Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 09:06:14 pm by Pr8hd
Quote from: 7AFBFAN on December 04, 2017, 08:20:34 pm
Did PB look average to you or way above average? It sounds like you would have GW number 1 and that is very understandable. Curious where would you have NLR and Bennie since they are average? Above or below PB?

I would have NLR 2 and PA 3 then Bennie. I do think that GW's performance was the most dominating performance of the weekend against the most storied program in the state (most titles). I think GW made PB look average, but I also think they were young. I just don't buy into the fact that 7A should automatically get the #1 spot....not this year. I think NLR was supposed to have all the chips and almost lost the house. They were not dominant over the two 5A teams they played non-con (LRM and Parkview), plus they struggled with Central and an offensively challenged Cabot team who barely beat PB and lost to ED.

Definitely, do not buy into the whole NLR #1 and Bennie #2 crap that some of these others are spewing on here or 7A's teams ranked...gimme a break. 7A was down as much as anyone. 

PA Dad

Quote from: Pr8hd on December 04, 2017, 09:02:21 pm
I would have NLR 2 and PA 3 then Bennie. I do think that GW's performance was the most dominating performance of the weekend against the most storied program in the state (most titles). I think GW made PB look average, but I also think they were young. I just don't buy into the fact that 7A should automatically get the #1 spot....not this year. I think NLR was supposed to have all the chips and almost lost the house. They were not dominant over the two 5A teams they played non-con (LRM and Parkview), plus they struggled with Central and an offensively challenged Cabot team who barely beat PB and lost to ED.

Definitely, do not buy into the whole NLR #1 and Bennie #2 crap that some of these others are spewing on here or 7A's teams ranked...gimme a break. 7A was down as much as anyone.

It's an interesting discussion.  I agree that GW has a legitimate claim to No. 1.

But, it's also just an intellectual discussion.  We'll never know because the teams will never play.

To me, it's like 2011. That's the only year that I would have bet big money that PA would beat any team in the state.  But, we'll never know.

businesstron

Quote from: Pr8hd on December 04, 2017, 01:13:31 pm
It's pretty cool that we had one of the stars of  HBO's new documentary "Meth Storm" stop by and put his expert opinion in here. Maybe, you care to elaborate how you came to deduce this Heisenberg other than your brilliant theory of  7A uber alles and 6A weak?

The two 7A teams I watched on Sat. were no juggernauts by a long stretch.

Plus, based on your post history, I'd say it was safe to say you have "wood" envy it looks like since you have been biased against GW a lot.

Are you trying to make an argument that let say the top 4 teams in 6a are better then whats in the 7a?   The 6a was weak this year.   It's Greenwood  gap  Pine Bluff  Big gap West Memphis  another gap and then the rest. 

You on something if you think Pine Bluff and West Memphis are better than Conway, Bentonville, Bentonville West, Fayetteville,  and Bryant....heck Harber might beat them if their healthy.   

PB had enough problems with Cabot and Northside early on.   They are good but they are not what they were when they won their last title.  Part of the reason is their young.  They accomplished alot within the confines of 6a but that show won't get too far on the road. 

The argument they should be #1 because they destroyed just Pine Bluff doesn't hold water.   Who else did y'll beat?  What other great offenses did your defense shut down? 

I'd take Bentonville over y'll simply because they've played against offenses similar to Greenwood.  They know how to play a team like that and win rather it be a game in the 20s or 30s or 40s. I also don't think they'd stop Bentonville's offense.

High Voltage

Quote from: PA Dad on December 05, 2017, 12:56:57 am
It's an interesting discussion.  I agree that GW has a legitimate claim to No. 1.

But, it's also just an intellectual discussion.  We'll never know because the teams will never play.

To me, it's like 2011. That's the only year that I would have bet big money that PA would beat any team in the state.  But, we'll never know.
Spot on and sad to a degree, I wish we has an overall Championship game between 6A and 7A, would be fun.

7AFBFAN

I think PA and winner of 4A should be part of the discussion as well since it is all just opinion. My issue is downing other great programs to try and make yours look better and in the same sentence placing PB on a pedestal because of their history. I say give GW, NLR, and PA all the imaginary overall championship. They are all great teams in their own right and deserve respect. I wish hootens would pit some of these teams against each other in kick off classic next year. I would like to see GW play NLR or even Fayetteville in a real game. PA is already going to play Harber so that will give them a better overall measuring stick.

zebradynasty

Not sure I get how 7A has at least 6 of the top 10 teams in the state. I agree it was a down year but each year needs to stand on its own. GW has made a solid case for being #1. NLR did not just overwhelm everyone they played. Nobody is saying this was the best 7A team in years or even the best NLR team. If PB is taking it on the chin for struggling early in the year then NLR should be held to the same standard. Hard earned victories against 5A McClellan and Parkview have to mean something. Northside put up 23 on NLR but only 7 against PB and never got in our redzone! Bryant struggled with Benton a solid 6A team that didn't make the 6A semis. Bryant barely won against Cabot.

I can go on with several other examples. The point I'm trying to make is to use the same criteria across the board. If a 6A team struggles to win against so called lesser opponents and it's viewed as a negative then the same should be done when a 7A team struggles to win against lesser opponents. 

BullDogFan72

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 05, 2017, 11:29:16 am
Not sure I get how 7A has at least 6 of the top 10 teams in the state. I agree it was a down year but each year needs to stand on its own. GW has made a solid case for being #1. NLR did not just overwhelm everyone they played. Nobody is saying this was the best 7A team in years or even the best NLR team. If PB is taking it on the chin for struggling early in the year then NLR should be held to the same standard. Hard earned victories against 5A McClellan and Parkview have to mean something. Northside put up 23 on NLR but only 7 against PB and never got in our redzone! Bryant struggled with Benton a solid 6A team that didn't make the 6A semis. Bryant barely won against Cabot.

I can go on with several other examples. The point I'm trying to make is to use the same criteria across the board. If a 6A team struggles to win against so called lesser opponents and it's viewed as a negative then the same should be done when a 7A team struggles to win against lesser opponents.

+1

Jeep71

Pr8hd

Quote from: BullDogFan72 on December 05, 2017, 12:06:20 pm
+1
Quote from: zebradynasty on December 05, 2017, 11:29:16 am

Excellent points ZD. I think you must look at the body of work, not just the end game. In the end, it's all subjective and I realize that. I just don't appreciate the mindset that some come over saying  and assuming automatically that NLR and Bennie are ahead of GW or really PA for that matter. It's almost as if they have come on saying GW isn't the best or second best team in the state and oh yeah, congrats on 6A as a passing though after getting slapped in the face. Largest class does not mean best team. 2015 PB team prime example. No one can convince me that PB team, wasn't the best in the state that year. It was given to a 7A team.

I am not saying NLR or Bennie doesn't have good players or a good program. I just said there was nothing about them that I saw on Saturday that  was over the charts impressive and just screamed out that they were without a doubt the best. Some of the power players in 7A struggled in wins over some 5A and 6A teams like ZD mentioned, but that gets looked over all because they were 7A. In the end NLR was the best 7A team, but that does not mean they were the best overall most complete team in the state.

Lastly, I just don't recall hearing or seeing a PB team get mercy ruled previously. It's just not something that happens under normal circumstances against most teams. So, I do tend to give a little credence to that as well as the fact they have a rich tradition as an Arkansas powerhouse. Also, GW has beaten more 7A opponents than anyone not in 7A since moving up in 2012. So, no way just because a team is 7A , does it mean they are superior in every scenario.

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

I think we should settle it on the field every year.  Put the 6A champs against the NWA  elitists (7A) champs the week after the last games and let them play for the overall #1 spot. I would put my money on GW this year and the 6A champs most years.

7AFBFAN

What exactly is the argument that 6A is tougher classification than 7A? Let's use some of the same arguments. PB is in the state championship game and undefeated against 6A and beat Northside at home by 7. Same PB team lost to Cabot. Juggernaut.

7AFBFAN

For the record more than once I have said GW, NLR, and PA should all be number 1. GW had a special team this year the best I have seen them put on field ever. Saying the 6A would beat 7A champ most years is ludicrous. Bennie and Fayetteville have put some pretty good teams on the field over the years and at least one Bennie defense was every bit as good as this years GW defense which the top 6A team besides them could manage to only score 14.

High Voltage

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on December 05, 2017, 08:01:17 am
I think PA and winner of 4A should be part of the discussion as well since it is all just opinion. My issue is downing other great programs to try and make yours look better and in the same sentence placing PB on a pedestal because of their history. I say give GW, NLR, and PA all the imaginary overall championship. They are all great teams in their own right and deserve respect. I wish hootens would pit some of these teams against each other in kick off classic next year. I would like to see GW play NLR or even Fayetteville in a real game. PA is already going to play Harber so that will give them a better overall measuring stick.
Playing next year is great, would love to see those games however they have no bearing on who is better this year.

7AFBFAN

Quote from: High Voltage on December 05, 2017, 02:07:00 pm
Playing next year is great, would love to see those games however they have no bearing on who is better this year.

Agree. And neither does our opinions. 6A will say they have better classification. 7A will say the same about theirs. I imagine 4A and 5A would make same argument.

zebradynasty

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on December 05, 2017, 01:59:38 pm
What exactly is the argument that 6A is tougher classification than 7A? Let's use some of the same arguments. PB is in the state championship game and undefeated against 6A and beat Northside at home by 7. Same PB team lost to Cabot. Juggernaut.

You're not being consistent in your argument. IF PB is not all that because we lost to Cabot how can Bryant be that much better when it only managed to beat Cabot by 7 or the fact that the 7A state champ only beat a mediocre Parkview team by 9!

I am not saying 6A is tougher class only that 7A isn't automatically a top 10 team just because they have a good record.

7AFBFAN

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 05, 2017, 02:32:54 pm
You're not being consistent in your argument. IF PB is not all that because we lost to Cabot how can Bryant be that much better when it only managed to beat Cabot by 7 or the fact that the 7A state champ only beat a mediocre Parkview team by 9!

I am not saying 6A is tougher class only that 7A isn't automatically a top 10 team just because they have a good record.

Yes I agree and that is part of the problem. You can argue a case from 100 different angles and no way to be consistent. I never said 7A is automatic in comparison to 6A. I do think this year GW is by far the class of 6A and there are a lot of 7A schools who would vie for 6A number two. The reverse can't be said that a lot of 6A schools this year would beat out Bennie, bennie west, Conway, etc. just one mans opinion and I have the utmost respect for GW team and PB program.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Pr8hd on December 05, 2017, 01:28:53 pm
Lastly, I just don't recall hearing or seeing a PB team get mercy ruled previously. It's just not something that happens under normal circumstances against most teams. So, I do tend to give a little credence to that as well as the fact they have a rich tradition as an Arkansas powerhouse. Also, GW has beaten more 7A opponents than anyone not in 7A since moving up in 2012. So, no way just because a team is 7A , does it mean they are superior in every scenario.

You are correct I can't recall the last time PB was mercy ruled period but in the playoffs this was the first time since 6A was formed. The last time in the playoffs was in 2002 against FS Southside when we were still in the largest classification. Not even the great 2004 LR Central team beat us by this margin although they did shut us out.

But to put this in perspective, of the 6 teams BB has coached in the finals at PB I would rank this one at either 5th or 6th. Just my opinion.

Pr8hd

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 05, 2017, 04:41:27 pm
You are correct I can't recall the last time PB was mercy ruled period but in the playoffs this was the first time since 6A was formed. The last time in the playoffs was in 2002 against FS Southside when we were still in the largest classification. Not even the great 2004 LR Central team beat us by this margin although they did shut us out.

But to put this in perspective, of the 6 teams BB has coached in the finals at PB I would rank this one at either 5th or 6th. Just my opinion.

I didn't think it had happened very often and your perspective is understood. Of the 5 times I have seen GW play PB, this team is just too young to rank anything but 4th or 5th out of those times. Not trying to discredit them, I just know it was not on the level of the 2013-2015 teams we saw. I did not watch the 2016 game too much till the end so it was hard for me to say. They certainly competed well in that game though.  On the flip side this GW team might have been the best of the 5 times they have faced off, although I am not sold that the 2012 version was their equal in many ways. They dealt with much stronger teams in the 2012 versions of PB,ED, Conway, and FS Southside that year on the first time up from 5A. They were not as prolific defensively, but every bit as much offensively with Drew Morgan on the field lined up at receiver or RB.

Pr8hd

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on December 05, 2017, 02:59:32 pm
Yes I agree and that is part of the problem. You can argue a case from 100 different angles and no way to be consistent. I never said 7A is automatic in comparison to 6A. I do think this year GW is by far the class of 6A and there are a lot of 7A schools who would vie for 6A number two. The reverse can't be said that a lot of 6A schools this year would beat out Bennie, bennie west, Conway, etc. just one mans opinion and I have the utmost respect for GW team and PB program.

Totally respect your opinion and thoughts on this, 7A.  I know you've said all year the GW team was good and one of the better you had seen. In no way, am I directing anything at you. In the end, it's all hypothetical and speculation anyway. 

Pr8hd

+1 PA, 2011 team would be hard to argue with as well. I mentioned some other years as well that I thought the overall best team may have been another team in a lower class.

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

What about all those great Shiloh teams? Did they ever finish overall #1

Pr8hd

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on December 05, 2017, 06:51:40 pm
What about all those great Shiloh teams? Did they ever finish overall #1

Boy 6ACat, I do not recall in all honesty, but I am sure someone does. Their have been some good teams in other classes over the years that probably could have played with most anyone regardless of class at least for one game. A whole season of 7A west  in their pinnacle might be another story though, but it's certainly interesting to think of. 

7AFBFAN

I for one as a super fan of high school football was glad to see both GW and NLR in person this year. Amazed by the athleticism of NLR. Amazed by the overall execution and flat out 100 percent effort by each and every GW player. They put in second team and ever kid knows where to be and they go 100 percent from snap to whistle. I saw that from Grant Morgan when he was on field this year for the hogs and just kept shaking my head in amazement. Anyway in my book it was another fun year of football even though my team had another down year. Still got to see the best teams in the state on more than one occasion. Can't wait to see the 4A battle as it should be a classic.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: businesstron on December 05, 2017, 01:50:45 am
Are you trying to make an argument that let say the top 4 teams in 6a are better then whats in the 7a?   The 6a was weak this year.   It's Greenwood  gap  Pine Bluff  Big gap West Memphis  another gap and then the rest. 

You on something if you think Pine Bluff and West Memphis are better than Conway, Bentonville, Bentonville West, Fayetteville,  and Bryant....heck Harber might beat them if their healthy.   

PB had enough problems with Cabot and Northside early on.   They are good but they are not what they were when they won their last title.  Part of the reason is their young.  They accomplished alot within the confines of 6a but that show won't get too far on the road. 

The argument they should be #1 because they destroyed just Pine Bluff doesn't hold water.   Who else did y'll beat?  What other great offenses did your defense shut down? 

I'd take Bentonville over y'll simply because they've played against offenses similar to Greenwood.  They know how to play a team like that and win rather it be a game in the 20s or 30s or 40s. I also don't think they'd stop Bentonville's offense.
Greenwood would beat any team in the state this year. just the way it is

Lumberjackfan1978

I will go along with you on that Dad. Definitely think PA would have beat any team that year

businesstron

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on December 06, 2017, 08:05:10 am
Greenwood would beat any team in the state this year. just the way it is

Based on what?   Their schedule?   What's their claim to #1 over NLR (who will end up beating probably 3 or 4 teams in most folks Final top 10 poll) or Bentonville (who beat 3 top 10 teams and the runner up in the second largest class in Oklahoma, Bixby).     Compare that to Greenwood who would've beaten one team that will make it in the top 10 (Pine Bluff)

I don't see it.  I don't say it to diss Greenwood too much , I'd put em at number 3 in the state.   But they don't have many quality wins when you add in that statewide perspective.   The same logic is used in College Football.  Sure UCF looks awesome,  they can score but they ain't in the CFB playoff because the AAC is weak compared to the the Power 5 conferences.

Also I'll usually vouch for smaller class schools if their good.  For years I said PA could match up and probably beat 7a schools.  That was based off the fact that they would schedule atleast one strong opponent (like they year they beat Highland Park in Texas or the year they went to California and beat a decent school.   Greenwood doesn't have that this year.   

zebradynasty

Quote from: businesstron on December 06, 2017, 09:20:31 am
Based on what?   Their schedule?   What's their claim to #1 over NLR (who will end up beating probably 3 or 4 teams in most folks Final top 10 poll) or Bentonville (who beat 3 top 10 teams and the runner up in the second largest class in Oklahoma, Bixby).     Compare that to Greenwood who would've beaten one team that will make it in the top 10 (Pine Bluff)

I don't see it.  I don't say it to diss Greenwood too much , I'd put em at number 3 in the state.   But they don't have many quality wins when you add in that statewide perspective.   The same logic is used in College Football.  Sure UCF looks awesome,  they can score but they ain't in the CFB playoff because the AAC is weak compared to the the Power 5 conferences.

Also I'll usually vouch for smaller class schools if their good.  For years I said PA could match up and probably beat 7a schools.  That was based off the fact that they would schedule atleast one strong opponent (like they year they beat Highland Park in Texas or the year they went to California and beat a decent school.   Greenwood doesn't have that this year.   

It's real convenient that based upon your criteria 9 out of 10 years a team from a smaller classification will never be considered #1 because smaller schools in Arkansas don't play many bigger schools nor do they play out of state powerhouses.

businesstron

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 06, 2017, 12:06:46 pm
It's real convenient that based upon your criteria 9 out of 10 years a team from a smaller classification will never be considered #1 because smaller schools in Arkansas don't play many bigger schools nor do they play out of state powerhouses.

Maybe convenient I guess but it's also fair.  That's the way of the world.   There ain't too many states where schools in lower classifications out rank  the higher classification.  But in those cases they do it's usually because they either played tougher competition or they played up. 

Lumberjackfan1978

I still think Greenwood would beat NLR just my opinion but we will never know

PA Dad

December 06, 2017, 09:40:12 pm #79 Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 09:42:55 pm by PA Dad
Quote from: 7AFBFAN on December 05, 2017, 08:01:17 am

I am a big PA fan but I try to be objective and realistic, which I admit is hard to do.  But, I don't think PA has a legitimate claim to No. 1 this year.  I would put PA No. 4 behind NLR, GW, and Bentonville.  And I've already said that I think GW has a legitimate claim to No. 1.  I'd pay good money to watch NLR play GW.

It's also true that ranking teams is a hazardous proposition.  PA beat McClellan by 40 points in the regular season and was lucky to win in the championship.  NLR handled Conway easily but Conway beat Bentonville.  Every game is different.  If both teams are good it is very hard to consistently predict the winner.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: businesstron on December 06, 2017, 06:04:01 pm
Maybe convenient I guess but it's also fair.  That's the way of the world.   There ain't too many states where schools in lower classifications out rank  the higher classification.  But in those cases they do it's usually because they either played tougher competition or they played up. 

Did you watch the 7a and 6a State Championship games?

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on December 02, 2017, 08:23:26 pm
After watching them play twice I have to agree. They beat....no...dominated some very good 6A teams.  I didn't see one area of their game that was suspect.  Usually you can see a weakness in one aspect of the game on every team.....special teams, kicking, defense, linebackers, secondary....etc.   But not this GW team.  Complete team.  I think even the training staff and ball boys were better than everyone else's.

+1

businesstron

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: businesstron on December 13, 2017, 03:34:43 pm
Yup... both In their entirety. 

And you still think Greenwood is the 3rd best team in the state?

businesstron

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on December 14, 2017, 08:59:41 am
And you still think Greenwood is the 3rd best team in the state?

Yup.  They look good against who they play against.  The problem is their competition ain't that great on a statewide basis when you get past Pine Bluff.  Other than that I don't think they'd beat Bentonville or NLR.  I do think they'd match up with NLR better because NLR didn't play against a spread team like Greenwood all year.   Just as Greenwood didn't play against anything similar to NLR this year.   

I don't hold the 7a teams in higer regard just bacause they are in 7a.  I give them more because they are just better more talented teams (for the most part) when compared to the top teams in 6a.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: businesstron on December 14, 2017, 11:40:40 am
Yup.  They look good against who they play against.  The problem is their competition ain't that great on a statewide basis when you get past Pine Bluff.  Other than that I don't think they'd beat Bentonville or NLR.  I do think they'd match up with NLR better because NLR didn't play against a spread team like Greenwood all year.   Just as Greenwood didn't play against anything similar to NLR this year.   

I don't hold the 7a teams in higer regard just bacause they are in 7a.  I give them more because they are just better more talented teams (for the most part) when compared to the top teams in 6a.

You obviously haven't seen much live football.  Have you seen West Memphis or Eldo play in person?  What about Texarkana or BennyWest?  I doubt you did.  You're a NLR homer who sat at WMS and watched a couple of games. Have you looked at the schedule of NLR?  Not super solid!  What about the schedules of Bentonville, Pine Bluff or Greenwood.  Greenwood has played or scrimmaged everyone in the top tier of 7a. Year in and year out.  Go look at the records.    NLR and Benny would both struggle against Greenwood's defense.  And there is no doubt that Greenwood could put up points on either team.   Pine Bluff, ElDo, WestMemphis could all hang with Benny and NLR.  Heck, I believe PA, Arkadoo and Warren could give them a great game.  This I do know.  The people that know football, and that know the 7A inside and out, know that neither Benny or NLR looked dominant in that final game.

jeffslilbro

Greenwood best in state. PA looked bad against average lrm team. Nlr struggled against weak Bentonville team. They all made too many mistakes and have too many flaws. Greenwood prepares well against any team. Greenwood best this year.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: jeffslilbro on December 15, 2017, 08:16:57 am
Greenwood best in state. PA looked bad against average lrm team. Nlr struggled against weak Bentonville team. They all made too many mistakes and have too many flaws. Greenwood prepares well against any team. Greenwood best this year.

+1   I've had some interesting discussions with you on here Lilbro, and I appreciate and respect your take on this! 

businesstron

December 18, 2017, 06:51:12 pm #88 Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 06:52:51 pm by businesstron
Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on December 14, 2017, 02:28:52 pm
You obviously haven't seen much live football.  Have you seen West Memphis or Eldo play in person?  What about Texarkana or BennyWest?  I doubt you did.  You're a NLR homer who sat at WMS and watched a couple of games. Have you looked at the schedule of NLR?  Not super solid!  What about the schedules of Bentonville, Pine Bluff or Greenwood.  Greenwood has played or scrimmaged everyone in the top tier of 7a. Year in and year out.  Go look at the records.    NLR and Benny would both struggle against Greenwood's defense.  And there is no doubt that Greenwood could put up points on either team.   Pine Bluff, ElDo, WestMemphis could all hang with Benny and NLR.  Heck, I believe PA, Arkadoo and Warren could give them a great game.  This I do know.  The people that know football, and that know the 7A inside and out, know that neither Benny or NLR looked dominant in that final game.

I've seen most of the 7a and enough of the 6a,5a,4a and 3a to have a good opinion of it.  Pine Bluff/ElDo and West Memphis could hang with Benny and NLR?     ArkaDelphia, and Warren could too?  That's about the dumbest thing I've read this year.   Stop hanging around the smaller class boards and go watch some big boy football.  Also go read up.  I'm not a NLR homer....not even close.

PB couldn't beat Cabot (Bennie killed them), couldn't score more than 14 against Northside (NLR killed them twice) and scheme wise are terrible matchups for Bennie and NLR.   

Let's not even focus on those top two.  Conway, Fayetteville, Bryant, and Bentonville West would almost automatically be the second best in the 6a.  Pine bluff would give some of them a game but I wouldn't favor them by any stretch in any of them.    Those 4 7a teams aren't better because their class says 7a.  Their better because they are better on the lines and have more talent at their skill positions.   

NLR and Bentonville would struggle against Greenwood based on what?  What offensive juggernauts did Greenwood contain this year?  Greenwood didn't face a team as balanced as Bentonville and a team that'll wear you out in the trenches and run the ball on you as much as NLR.  The speed and athleticism for NLR is comparable to Pine bluff but two totally different offenses on different levels. 

Looking dominant?   That's kind of hard to do if both teams are good.   You lose all credibility by adding Warren and Arkadelphia to the conversation. 

businesstron

Quote from: jeffslilbro on December 15, 2017, 08:16:57 am

What makes Bentonville weak?   Also what did Greenwood do to make them #1?

jeffslilbro

Quote from: businesstron on December 18, 2017, 06:53:28 pm
What makes Bentonville weak?   Also what did Greenwooddo to make them #1?
don't have the time to teach you.

zebradynasty

Quote from: businesstron on December 18, 2017, 06:51:12 pm

I've seen most of the 7a and enough of the 6a,5a,4a and 3a to have a good opinion of it.  Pine Bluff/ElDo and West Memphis could hang with Benny and NLR?     ArkaDelphia, and Warren could too?  That's about the dumbest thing I've read this year.   Stop hanging around the smaller class boards and go watch some big boy football.  Also go read up.  I'm not a NLR homer....not even close.

PB couldn't beat Cabot (Bennie killed them), couldn't score more than 14 against Northside (NLR killed them twice) and scheme wise are terrible matchups for Bennie and NLR.   

Let's not even focus on those top two.  Conway, Fayetteville, Bryant, and Bentonville West would almost automatically be the second best in the 6a.  Pine bluff would give some of them a game but I wouldn't favor them by any stretch in any of them.    Those 4 7a teams aren't better because their class says 7a.  Their better because they are better on the lines and have more talent at their skill positions.   

NLR and Bentonville would struggle against Greenwood based on what?  What offensive juggernauts did Greenwood contain this year?  Greenwood didn't face a team as balanced as Bentonville and a team that'll wear you out in the trenches and run the ball on you as much as NLR.  The speed and athleticism for NLR is comparable to Pine bluff but two totally different offenses on different levels. 

Looking dominant?   That's kind of hard to do if both teams are good.   You lose all credibility by adding Warren and Arkadelphia to the conversation. 

You don't sound anymore credible when you trumpet the strength of 7A and leave out that your champion team struggled to beat not one but TWO 5A schools!

businesstron

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 18, 2017, 08:58:54 pm
You don't sound anymore credible when you trumpet the strength of 7A and leave out that your champion team struggled to beat not one but TWO 5A schools!

You have somewhat of an argument but.....  They only struggled with one of those teams.  NLR also redeemed themselves by beating tougher opponents later on in the year.      Parkview was a game because it was a combination of NLR sleeping and also the fact that they were playing against their former coach. I take that as more of a exception.       McClellan was a better opponent and wasn't much of a game.  NLR went up l34-8 in the 3rd  NLR let off the acceleration before Mclellan started scoring.  That's not really struggling. 

I don't have to say much about strength of the 7a.  Y'all already done it for me.   Just about every poll rather calculated or opinionated that has come out has 6 7a teams in the top 10 rankings. That's more quality teams with NLR beating half them and the 3 they beat are ranked higher thant PB in alot of polls That right there makes the point.  Go look at High Voltage's poll and see for yourself.

I still really haven't gotten much of an answer.  What's Greenwood's argument for number 1?  Them being number 1 just because they blew PB doesn't make sense because NLR beat 3 teams that are better than Pine Bluff.  You can take my opinion on that one or you can just take where they stand in the polls.

businesstron

Quote from: jeffslilbro on December 18, 2017, 07:05:09 pm
don't have the time to teach you.

No that just means you don't have  an argument. Keep in mind I live in Bentonville.  So i'd like to see what you have to say.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: businesstron on December 18, 2017, 06:51:12 pm

You sound like an excuse machine!   When we call you on your "logic" you start making excuses.  Noone says NLR or Benny is bad, we all just saw that they weren't that strong this year.  Greenwood has, over the past several years, shown that it can not only compete with the 7a, but also dominate the 7a teams.  You drink the Benny and NLR koolaid all you want, but i promise you this.....Neither of those schools would want Greenwood this year!  And most intelligent people on this board knows that.   Pine Bluff in 15, could handle anyone in class 7a.  You're a 7a homer and can't see straight. 

beach bum

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on December 19, 2017, 11:39:41 am
You sound like an excuse machine!   When we call you on your "logic" you start making excuses.  Noone says NLR or Benny is bad, we all just saw that they weren't that strong this year.  Greenwood has, over the past several years, shown that it can not only compete with the 7a, but also dominate the 7a teams.  You drink the Benny and NLR koolaid all you want, but i promise you this.....Neither of those schools would want Greenwood this year!  And most intelligent people on this board knows that.   Pine Bluff in 15, could handle anyone in class 7a.  You're a 7a homer and can't see straight.

With a down Fayetteville and a split Bentonville now.... Just putting 6A and 7A in the playoffs together would have been quite fun and competitive to watch with Greenwood taking the crown. Under the 7A in a transition time I wish we could just see 6A and 7A together in postseason. I think it would actually create more competitive matchups. They tried to make things more competitive with the split of classifications but some years like this one it actually does the opposite and causes less parity.

jeffslilbro

Quote from: businesstron on December 19, 2017, 10:48:35 am
No that just means you don't have  an argument. Keep in mind I live in Bentonville.  So i'd like to see what you have to say.
what it means is that I don't have time to teach you!!!!

jeffslilbro

Quote from: businesstron on December 19, 2017, 10:48:35 am
No that just means you don't have  an argument.
Keep in mind I live in Bentonville.  So i'd like to see what you have to say.
bentoville made too many bone headed mistakes in title game. Bad snap on punt, really, in title game? Lack of focus and preparation. Bentoville west will be the new best team in town. Now don't waste more of my time. Businesstran

RD™

December 19, 2017, 07:44:06 pm #98 Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 08:59:28 pm by RD™
NI

businesstron

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on December 19, 2017, 11:39:41 am

A 7a homer?  I guess..   What excuses have been made on my end?  How much 7a football have you actually seen this year?   Greenwoods not a bad team either.  They are a good team.  They just aren't the 1st or 2nd team best team in the state.  Your argument is weak because now your referring back to historic teams.   Pine Bluff was a great team that could've competed with the top half of the 7a....in 2015.  Not in 2017.   My point is already made and validated by most polls showing the strength of the 7a.    So i guess the whole state even computers are drinking 7a koolaid. 

Once again what has Greenwood done THIS YEAR to deserve that number one ranking?  The only people i see giving them the number one ranking are Greenwood homers.  Here's your puppy logic.   Greenwood is #1 because they blew out PB in the title game.    NLR and Bentonville aren't because they didn't look dominant against eachother and umm the 7a is down. 

Let's use that logic in college football I'll be generic.   Let's say UCF looks great against AAC competition while Bama struggled with Auburn and Auburn lost to GA.  Hey let's be real the SEC is down this year.  But hey this is UCF's best team in 4 or 5 years.  In your logic UCF deserves to be #1 because they look better against weaker competition. 

heck no.  Any intelligent person will tell you despite the SEC being down their best 4 or 5 years are still better almost all the teams out of the AAC.  UCF may beat Auburn though....it could be a game but those conferences don't compare across the board. 

The same goes for 7a vs 6a.  You call it koolaid everyone else just calls it reality.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas