• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who are the best teams and players in 2A girls?

Started by Bildo, November 23, 2017, 08:18:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on December 01, 2017, 01:53:34 pm
Seems a little petty but hey, to each his own.  If Carlisle is a serious contender as they appear to be, I would hope the coach would use each game to prepare for a deep run in the spring instead of worrying about the outcome of a 7th grade game.   

I think it was more of the fact of how it went down and someone's attitude. Even the des arc fans thought it was wrong.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ak58 on December 01, 2017, 12:50:52 pm
I like this top 10 better! SPring Hill girls are 5-2 though. Won vs. Blevins 60-51 Tuesday Night.

Posted first of last week...So records are a little behind

Bildo

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 01, 2017, 12:48:54 pm
Umm, because I actually watched the games and not just the score. Des Arc also lost their best p.g. between the 2 games. Earle could have ran the score up,  but chose not too. Carlisle ran the score up because des arcs coach ran the score up on Carlisle during a 7th grade game the weekend before. Buffalo let It be known he was going to do that before the sr game, I don't blame him. So stop comparing scores.
And for the record... if Carlisle would've "ran the score up" it would not have been a 55-31 final. Sounds like sour grapes that y'all got swept all 4 games when you came to our house

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Bildo on December 01, 2017, 07:10:16 pm
And for the record... if Carlisle would've "ran the score up" it would not have been a 55-31 final. Sounds like sour grapes that y'all got swept all 4 games when you came to our house

Congrats on that.

I simply voiced my opinion on what I thought about Earle and Carlisle girls. As usual someone from Carlisle gets truly upset when someone has a different opinion than theirs. Until you actually see both play, you can't even have an honest opinion, but then again, you are for Carlisle so......

Bildo

See... there you go assuming. I NEVER said I disagreed with you. I asked a question. That's how things get started. Carlisle may not be as good... they may get beat BUT the fact is you don't know none of us do. I took offense to you calling our coach out. That's the issue. He is better than I am because, when your coach started pressing our kids after we called off the dogs, I would've put our starters back in and beat y'all 60. So... with that said. Our girls have owned Des Arc for the past 3-4 years. Why? I'll tell you why. We are better coached and we have better players. Go put on your red and white and cheer for Earle... Thats the only chance you have of feeling what it is like to beat our girls.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

December 01, 2017, 08:14:54 pm #55 Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 08:17:30 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: Bildo on December 01, 2017, 07:43:32 pm
See... there you go assuming. I NEVER said I disagreed with you. I asked a question. That's how things get started. Carlisle may not be as good... they may get beat BUT the fact is you don't know none of us do. I took offense to you calling our coach out. That's the issue. He is better than I am because, when your coach started pressing our kids after we called off the dogs, I would've put our starters back in and beat y'all 60. So... with that said. Our girls have owned Des Arc for the past 3-4 years. Why? I'll tell you why. We are better coached and we have better players. Go put on your red and white and cheer for Earle... Thats the only chance you have of feeling what it is like to beat our girls.

See, you failed to comprehend I was actually on your coaches side. Wasn't calling him out. No doubt y'all are better coached. We have 7 healthy players, yes 7. We have lost 2 to season ending injuries. I think we only have 1 Sr. Talent is there for a good run in the future, but not sure about the coaching. I didn't like the pressing after he called off the dogs either

Bildo

You said we ran up the score... we kept our starters in for 2 quarters.. not 4, not 3... 2. They put in a lot of work. They deserve to play half a game

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Bildo on December 01, 2017, 08:21:06 pm
You said we ran up the score... we kept our starters in for 2 quarters.. not 4, not 3... 2. They put in a lot of work. They deserve to play half a game

And explained why and said I had no problem with it. Play them the whole game. Des Arc girls were beating P-w 34-3 In the 3rd qt last I heard tonight.

razorbackrob

Scott from Earle is awesome, but Carlisle did beat Earle last year with pretty much the same team.  She got her points, but she didn't dominate Carlisle.

Mr. Trill

EAtle don't have all of its players duh. Now that football season is over...you can now expect greatness.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Mr. Trill on December 04, 2017, 05:50:22 am
EAtle don't have all of its players duh. Now that football season is over...you can now expect greatness.

So Earle had some girls playing football?

Bildo

HorseFeathers

Bildo

Mr. Trill

MomaLion

Pick_DA_EAGLES

ak58

Max Prep Girls Top 10 as of 12/5

1. Earle 5-0
2. Pangburn 14-1
3. Quitman 12-1
4. Hackett 5-1
5. Poyen 5-1
6. Spring Hill 6-2
7. Blevins 9-3
8. Harmony Grove 5-2
9. Lavaca 5-2
10. Westside 7-3

waterboy

Quote from: ak58 on December 05, 2017, 10:42:53 am

1. Earle 5-0
2. Pangburn 14-1
3. Quitman 12-1
4. Hackett 5-1
5. Poyen 5-1
6. Spring Hill 6-2
7. Blevins 9-3
8. Harmony Grove 5-2
9. Lavaca 5-2
10. Westside 7-3

Records don't mean anything some of these teams with high records have won against sorry teams

ak58

That is true in some part, but if they were going just by W-L pangburn would be 1 because theyve won more games than anybody and Earle has only played/won 5.

Carisle is the name that is missing that shouldn't be. They beat Poyen by double digits. Marmaduke is another name that is missing.

HoopKing

It's been updated.  Carlisle is ranked #5. Poyen #7

BigBob

December 08, 2017, 01:46:00 pm #71 Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 01:48:12 pm by BigBob
Quote from: ak58 on December 05, 2017, 10:42:53 am

1. Earle 5-0
2. Pangburn 14-1
3. Quitman 12-1
4. Hackett 5-1
5. Poyen 5-1
6. Spring Hill 6-2
7. Blevins 9-3
8. Harmony Grove 5-2
9. Lavaca 5-2
10. Westside 7-3
looks solid

redrider30

Max Prep Girls Top 10 as of 12/11
1. Quitman 13-1
2. Pangburn 16-1
3. Marmaduke 12-4
4. Earle 6-1
5. Spring Hill 7-2
6. Carlisle 5-2
7. Poyen 6-1
8. Lavaca 6-2
9. Blevins 11-3
10. Westside @ Coal Hill 7-3

Cheek

Quote from: redrider30 on December 11, 2017, 08:32:14 am
Max Prep Girls Top 10 as of 12/11
1. Quitman 13-1
2. Pangburn 16-1
3. Marmaduke 12-4
4. Earle 6-1
5. Spring Hill 7-2
6. Carlisle 5-2
7. Poyen 6-1
8. Lavaca 6-2
9. Blevins 11-3
10. Westside @ Coal Hill 7-3

England Girls should be added to the mix.  They are 6-2 with their two loses coming from 4A schools.

Bildo

I agree Cheek... That is a MaxPreps ranking, I think.

NEA Razorback olfan

Beware of Marmaduke who beat a winless very weak Palistine Wheatley team at the NEA tourney 100-18
Pressed the whole game.

Missco

Bildo

Surely they didn't press the entire game... say it isn't so

redrider30

Not true. Stopped full court press 4:00 minutes into game. Actually called a timeout in 2nd quarter to show them how to play a 1-3-1 which they haven't played since 4th grade. Also Coach Smith was asked by referees to run the clock with 5:00 minutes left in 3rd quarter and said go ahead and they did. After hundred's of games over 9 season's at Marmaduke this was the first time Coach Smith has had a team score 100 points. Also after 4:00 mark of 1st quarter didn't play starters together.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: redrider30 on December 18, 2017, 10:38:20 pm
Not true. Stopped full court press 4:00 minutes into game. Actually called a timeout in 2nd quarter to show them how to play a 1-3-1 which they haven't played since 4th grade. Also Coach Smith was asked by referees to run the clock with 5:00 minutes left in 3rd quarter and said go ahead and they did. After hundred's of games over 9 season's at Marmaduke this was the first time Coach Smith has had a team score 100 points. Also after 4:00 mark of 1st quarter didn't play starters together.

Ya, Smith must be really proud of running the score up to a 100 pts on  a team that barely could dribble..
Hope Melbourne kicks the crap out of Marmaduke

redrider30

You have a right to your opinion but not your own facts. No matter what you may have heard there are no alternative facts. Melbourne has a very good team and may very well kick the crap out of us but if they do you won't here me complaining and crying about it we'll just go to work and try to get better. That's one thing I did learn from Riverside's coach. Don't make excuses and work harder.

NEA Razorback olfan

December 18, 2017, 11:02:10 pm #81 Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 11:06:08 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Just have Smith Call our Jr high girls coach if he wants a little closer game, we will play your sr girls team  ;D

Just let us have our Jr  Kalifa Ford ;)

redrider30

December 18, 2017, 11:14:22 pm #82 Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 11:17:44 pm by redrider30
We know it wasn't a good win. We've had a lot of good wins so we know the difference.

NEA Razorback olfan

December 18, 2017, 11:16:53 pm #83 Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 11:21:29 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: redrider30 on December 18, 2017, 11:14:22 pm
What's your team? We'll call tomorrow.

Brookland ,
Just ask for coach Ellis
Or Coach Baltz

redrider30

Coach Smith will be texting your coach in a few days trying to start back up our series with Brookland. We didn't cancel the series in the first place Brookland did but we will be glad to resume it next year we have a lot of dates available. So if Marmaduke is not on your girls schedule you'll need to find out from your coach why because we are in. We would love to play a good team like Brookland twice a year.

NEA Razorback olfan

December 18, 2017, 11:24:51 pm #85 Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 11:30:45 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: redrider30 on December 18, 2017, 11:22:23 pm
Coach Smith will be texting your coach in a few days trying to start back up our series with Brookland. We didn't cancel the series in the first place Brookland did but we will be glad to resume it next year we have a lot of dates available. So if Marmaduke is not on your girls schedule you'll need to find out from your coach why because we are in. We would love to play a good team like Brookland twice a year.

Sounds good to me coach !!
Looking forward to it!!  :D

Our Jr Girls got an extra game in with Paragould tonight!
Ellis will play anytime she has an opening.

redrider30

Me too. Brookland helped our 2015 team become state champions by beating us when they were in Jr. High. Believe me I'd rather loose to a good Brookland team than win like we did today. It will do us more good come March. We'll make the call in a few days and I'll let you know what happens.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: redrider30 on December 18, 2017, 11:31:24 pm
Me too. Brookland helped our 2015 team become state champions by beating us when they were in Jr. High. Believe me I'd rather loose to a good Brookland team than win like we did today. It will do us more good come March. We'll make the call in a few days and I'll let you know what happens.

Our 2015 team lost in Semi of state I believe.
Yes , they could run the floor and finish.
Sounds good , hope we can get it done around new conferences starting next year!

redrider30

Just wanted to update you on the possible Marmaduke and Brookland series resuming in 2018-19 season. Marmaduke has this morning invited Brookland to play in the 5th Annual Fight Like Girl Classic on November 9th or 10th and we have offered to come to Brookland next season also to play in your new arena. We have offered to play both Jr. and Sr. High on both dates. We have several dates available for the return trip to Brookland. Coach Smith is looking forward to hearing from Coach Baltz. We believe it would benefit both schools to resume this series as it has in the past. With the elimination of the mixed conferences next season it shouldn't be a problem getting this done.

NEA Razorback olfan

December 19, 2017, 09:00:07 am #89 Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 09:04:42 am by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: redrider30 on December 19, 2017, 08:51:59 am
Just wanted to update you on the possible Marmaduke and Brookland series resuming in 2018-19 season. Marmaduke has this morning invited Brookland to play in the 5th Annual Fight Like Girl Classic on November 9th or 10th and we have offered to come to Brookland next season also to play in your new arena. We have offered to play both Jr. and Sr. High on both dates. We have several dates available for the return trip to Brookland. Coach Smith is looking forward to hearing from Coach Baltz. We believe it would benefit both schools to resume this series as it has in the past. With the elimination of the mixed conferences next season it shouldn't be a problem getting this done.

Awesome I look forward to it!!
Maybe we can squeeze in a game this year, we tried to play Kirby Tuesday but it didn't work out.
Don't forget our boys teams , I'm sure they would like to play Marmaduke also!!

Our Girls played in Paragould MCDonald's shootout
With CAC , Nettleton, Van Buren,  Har-Ber,  Batesvile , Hoxie

Bildo

The Lady Bison from Carlisle win the Goldfish Classic in Lonoke.

BigLion10

MomaLion

Quote from: Bildo on December 31, 2017, 08:09:35 am
The Lady Bison from Carlisle win the Goldfish Classic in Lonoke.

Congrats... who won the boys?

Bildo

HoopKing

Carlisle is ranked #10.  Only being penalized by maxpreps computer for the weak conference they play in.  Poyen is ranked 3rd and Carlisle beat them 20+. 

Hatchet

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 18, 2017, 10:51:19 pm
Ya, Smith must be really proud of running the score up to a 100 pts on  a team that barely could dribble..
Hope Melbourne kicks the crap out of Marmaduke
they were still trapping at half court in the 4th quarter. Marmaduke coach has NO class

MomaLion

Quote from: HoopKing on January 01, 2018, 04:02:56 pm
Carlisle is ranked #10.  Only being penalized by maxpreps computer for the weak conference they play in.  Poyen is ranked 3rd and Carlisle beat them 20+.
This is probably true.  Clarendon boys were something like 7 or 8 last week having only 1 loss to JAFair but after defeating McGehee and LR Central and playing Pine Bluff within 4 we jumped up to 3.  Rankings mean nothing though.

Bildo

Saw Quitman girls play Mount Vernon last night. Quitman won by 3. They also beat them by 4 last week. I personally don't think they are as talented as last year but are still very formidable. Well disciplined, tough and are well coached. All of which shows the signs of a defending champion and a team ready to defend their title. With that said... I think Earle is the team to beat.

Bildo

January 07, 2018, 10:32:02 am #98 Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 12:04:12 pm by Bildo
ADG Rankings 1/7/18
1) Quitman
2) Earle
3) Hackett
4) Salem
5) Pangburn
6) Carlisle

Salem knocks off Pangburn and Marmaduke in consecutive games... impressive. May need to be in front of Hackett

Greyhound#1

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas