• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alma vs. Little Rock McClellan

Started by AIREDALE25, November 11, 2017, 10:20:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AIREDALE25

Alma showed something this week! I'll take Alma by 14

incogneto

jeffslilbro

November 11, 2017, 11:22:02 am #2 Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 12:56:41 pm by jeffslilbro
Alma's last game

the voice

November 11, 2017, 11:32:08 am #3 Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 07:22:30 am by the voice
I don't think LRM strolls into Alma and rolls. This game is a toss up to me. Alma will be prepared and ready. There will be trick plays at times by the dales that will work most likely. Alma will not be intimidated by dirty play either. I'm going with Alma in a close one. 

MDXPHD

Quote from: the voice on November 11, 2017, 11:32:08 am
I don't think LRM strolls into Alma and rolls. This game is a toss up to me. Alma will be prepared and ready. There will be trick plays at times by the fakes that will work most likely. Alma will not be intimidated by dirty play either. I'm going with Alma in a close one.

Dirty play lol. You guys are so full of it.

the voice

We played them before and by far they were. Perhaps they're not now I'm simply saying that it won't make Alma quit. Give those ol boys from the hills some credit. They're tough.

PA Dad

I may be a Central homer on this pick, but I'm going  with McClellan by a touchdown.

I'm surprised that there is not more discussion of this game.  It should be a good one.

AT

I think PA, LRC, and Batesville will all have tape of McClellan if Alma fans want to look that up. I'm going to throughout the week.

PA Bruin Fan

I'm going with LMC in a close one.  Both teams are physical but I think McClellan will eventually pull it out with smash mouth ball.  Just too big up front on both sides. 

P.F.G.

If Alma can score early and get a good start then they can use LRM's style of play against them. Assignment football and can't turn the ball over will be the key for Alma.

Yellowcake

Quote from: the voice on November 11, 2017, 11:32:08 am
I don't think LRM strolls into Alma and rolls. This game is a toss up to me. Alma will be prepared and ready. There will be trick plays at times by the dales that will work most likely. Alma will not be intimidated by dirty play either. I'm going with Alma in a close one.

Probably not a team LRM despises more than PA. I have been to the last 4 games they played. Been on LRM's sideline one of them, and on the field for all of them. I have never seen LRM play dirty. Not once.

Not saying you haven't had a different experience, I am just saying it would surprise me they would play dirty against some dink West team with whom they have no personal beef.

the voice

When we played them two years ago it was the case. Glad to hear it's not.

PA Dad

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 12, 2017, 09:54:55 pm
Probably not a team LRM despises more than PA. I have been to the last 4 games they played. Been on LRM's sideline one of them, and on the field for all of them. I have never seen LRM play dirty. Not once.

Not saying you haven't had a different experience, I am just saying it would surprise me they would play dirty against some dink West team with whom they have no personal beef.

I don't think we watched the same games two years ago.  In the regular season game, a LRM player pulled the helmet off of a PA lineman, kicked him in the mouth and knocked some teeth out.  He required oral surgery.  In the championship game, Zack Kelley was hit very hard when he was a good three yards out of bounds.  Coach Kelley talked about those incidents in an interview.

I think they have cleaned their act up, but they were pretty bad a couple of years ago.

Paw-Paw

Alma has to watch out for LRM's running back. Footage shows this young man is able to get up field quickly as well as elusive on making the opposing team miss. QB is also a dual threat. Again, Alma will need to limit the opportunities by these two with sound defensive play and then creating long, time consuming drives to limit the possessions they will have throughout the game like they did with White Hall.

Just like the week before, fully expect Alma to keep it close during the first half then pull away following halftime.

the voice

One more thing , LRM always goes for two on pat
I'm wondering if it's cause they don't work on kicking or if it's just what he does?

pantherblue

I say Alma by 5 in this game.....  They are hard to beat at home unless your team name starts with a G    ;D

Chief_Osceolaâ„¢

Quote from: pantherblue on November 13, 2017, 03:01:02 pm
I say Alma by 5 in this game.....  They are hard to beat at home unless your team name starts with a G    ;D

Or an M...oh wait. 

Let's make that an 'Ma' so that McClellan can't use that logic. 

chaingang

Quote from: PA Dad on November 12, 2017, 10:14:57 pm
I don't think we watched the same games two years ago.  In the regular season game, a LRM player pulled the helmet off of a PA lineman, kicked him in the mouth and knocked some teeth out.  He required oral surgery.  In the championship game, Zack Kelley was hit very hard when he was a good three yards out of bounds.  Coach Kelley talked about those incidents in an interview.

I think they have cleaned their act up, but they were pretty bad a couple of years ago.
. I can't remember what everyone was talking about.... but was it the same year PA played them in the State Finals and called a few timeouts the last 50 plus seconds to score again or as I say  " Dot the I "........cause I never heard what everyone was griping about ...... made State Radio News.

AT

So watching the LRC vs. LR McClellan game. McClellan is big at every position. I could see this game being low scoring.

the voice

I think they're hoping for low scoring game. They get 8 and most others settle for 7 or haven't prepared enough to consistently get two. I'm thinking funny score something like 24-22 Alma

PA Dad

Quote from: the voice on November 13, 2017, 09:07:22 pm
I think they're hoping for low scoring game. They get 8 and most others settle for 7 or haven't prepared enough to consistently get two. I'm thinking funny score something like 24-22 Alma

When McClellan plays a good team it is usually a low scoring affair.

Paw-Paw

So McClellan averages just 43 passing yards per game and highly utilizes the run. I'm seeing blends of veer and triple option with a lot of empty QB sets. Alma will break this down to base principles of assignment football and filling in the gap. Could possibly see the defense bring the same game plan where they weigh down the box and force them to throw the ball and trust our corners and safeties to do the job.

Alma held White Hall after halftime to 98 yards of offensive production. Fully expect to see Coltin Bowerman, Zach Oliver and Kaleb Pike getting into the backfield often and getting tackles for lost yardage. Really hope Pike builds on his performance from White Hall where he registered 15 tackles (9 unassisted) with three of them for lost yardage. Saw Bowerman and Brayden Johnson each get interceptions in the game to really solidify the victory last week.

Alma should take care of business once more at home to advance to the semifinals for the first time since 2013 against Batesville.

Steve Perry 2.11

I wanna take this time to bitch a little.

First off, let me say that I'm highly disappointed in Alma's home game attendance, especially the last 3 games. We draw about half the crowd we did years ago.

Get your lazy asses to the field. There's NO excuse to stay home on a Friday night when your team is in the playoffs at home.

I'm thinking broadcasting the games on Youtube maybe hurting the attendance figures. We probably need to stop broadcasting home games and only broadcast away games.

I've also talked to a lot of people that are still sour from the Dilbeck years. Really? The man hasn't been here in 5 years. Get to the field.

Anyhow, I'm thinking about ordering 10 kegs for the Rotary pre-game tailgate party. Maybe that will draw some people in, who knows.

Just hoping this week will be a decent crowd since Airedale Stadium hold a lot of people.

Hey, I've got a picture from last week's kickoff from the visitor's stands. It shows just how pathetic our support is. If I can figure out how to upload it from my phone, I will put it on this thread.

Steve Perry 2.11

November 14, 2017, 09:00:13 am #23 Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 09:42:18 am by Steve Perry 2.11
Here is last week's first round game attendance by Alma fans. This was taken right after kickoff. ....Horrific!

Compared to how it used to look

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Steve Perry 2.11 on November 14, 2017, 09:00:13 am
Here is last week's first round game attendance by Alma fans. This was taken right after kickoff. ....Horrific!

You guys brought more people to LR when playing PA a few years back.  Maybe people are waiting for the deeper playoff games to get out.

Bulldogfan44

Going with Little Rock, off pure hatred for Alma. Keep 21 contained and you will be fine! Go Little Rock 😂

Steve Perry 2.11

Quote from: Bulldogfan44 on November 14, 2017, 09:23:16 am
Going with Little Rock, off pure hatred for Alma. Keep 21 contained and you will be fine! Go Little Rock 😂

Feeling is mutual Binkie.

Paw-Paw

Quote from: Steve Perry 2.11 on November 14, 2017, 08:40:28 am
I wanna take this time to bitch a little.

First off, let me say that I'm highly disappointed in Alma's home game attendance, especially the last 3 games. We draw about half the crowd we did years ago.

Get your lazy asses to the field. There's NO excuse to stay home on a Friday night when your team is in the playoffs at home.

I'm thinking broadcasting the games on Youtube maybe hurting the attendance figures. We probably need to stop broadcasting home games and only broadcast away games.

I've also talked to a lot of people that are still sour from the Dilbeck years. Really? The man hasn't been here in 5 years. Get to the field...Just hoping this week will be a decent crowd since Airedale Stadium hold a lot of people.

Hey, I've got a picture from last week's kickoff from the visitor's stands. It shows just how pathetic our support is. If I can figure out how to upload it from my phone, I will put it on this thread.

Steps up to Soap Box:

We have been pushing for better attendance. I cannot begin to tell you how many folks I am associated with on social media posting about watching the game at home when the Airedales are AT HOME. Even the attendance for the semifinal game against Batesville in 2013 was horrendous.

Dilbeck is gone and yes, Frankie retired. GET OVER IT.

Coach Loughridge and staff have put Alma in a great position and with Morrilton beating Watson Chapel last Friday, a win against McClellan means you are AT HOME for the SEMIFINALS.

Steps Down From Soap Box

oldjacketman

McClellan is a very well coached and disciplined team. Crazy that morrilton fans talk about dirty play when their players came to wynne last year and bumped their gums the entire first half. They talked more than any team I've seen until the thrashing began. That being said, I'll take LRM. As mentioned before, the West goes 0-4 this week.

Paw-Paw

Almahasbeen

Compared to how it used to look

I'm so glad that I can say the bunch of people at the North 45yd. line from row 3 to 5 is me and my group. It is very depressing to hear "That's another Alma Airedale?!" and then crickets.

Steve Perry 2.11

the voice

November 14, 2017, 11:04:41 am #32 Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 11:09:06 am by the voice
Quote from: oldjacketman on November 14, 2017, 10:26:13 am
McClellan is a very well coached and disciplined team. Crazy that morrilton fans talk about dirty play when their players came to wynne last year and bumped their gums the entire first half. They talked more than any team I've seen until the thrashing began. That being said, I'll take LRM. As mentioned before, the West goes 0-4 this week.
When have you played them?? We did and i spoke truth from experience. It's been said they cleaned up their act and I'm glad. I acknowledged that as well.

You guys flap your mouths on here and you've jumped from thread to thread popping off trying to get rise. Everyone has read your prediction , no one cares. You have zero impact on the games Friday. A bold guarantee is only worth the person who makes it. You're no jimmy johnson, so no one cares.
As for talking yeah one player mouthed at former coaches and they let it get to them.  There was history there you know nothing about it. It was in poor taste and no one from morrilton was proud of it.
This game is this year. Last year don't matter.

The Future

Alma will win.
Morrilton and Greenbrier have a chance.
Harrison most likely will lose.

At worse 1-3. I'm picking 2-2 as well. I'm picking Morrilton over Wynne

Pwil11

Intelligentsia

Steve, This is certainly not limited to Alma.  I've seen a decline in attendance at Batesville over the past few years.  The reserved seating section for last week's playoff game was maybe 25% full - sad!!  The remainder of the stands were pretty full, but the crowd standing appeared to be 1/2 or less than it was just a few years ago for a playoff game.  And Batesville "tape delays" home games, so that would not seem to be a big factor.  I have noticed this of other team crowds when attending away games, as well.  Since we still have around the same number of students playing, cheering, and performing in the band, I suspect parent/family numbers have remained about the same. So it appears that it's the other folks in the community are those who are not supporting the program as in the past; why??     

oldjacketman

The Voice, we played them in the playoffs last year. Right after we beat you guys. Far less mouthing. Far more discipline on that team. And we will play them again next week. So that'll be twice in two years.

South 45

Quote from: oldjacketman on November 14, 2017, 12:16:18 pm
The Voice, we played them in the playoffs last year. Right after we beat you guys. Far less mouthing. Far more discipline on that team. And we will play them again next week. So that'll be twice in two years.
Just keep on looking past us...it's much appreciated.

the voice

Quote from: oldjacketman on November 14, 2017, 12:16:18 pm
Well I forgot about last year. Maybe y'all can get together and play a consolation game after the west wins again this week.

Steve Perry 2.11

Quote from: Pwil11 on November 14, 2017, 11:20:43 am
Who you got?  Alma and GB???

Alma/Motown

Motown is really on a roll right now. I'm not a homer. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see them at War Memorial.

Steve Perry 2.11

Jacolby Criswell is the real deal. And he's on a Soph.

Can't imagine what he's going to be like by the time he's a Sr.

Steve Perry 2.11

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 14, 2017, 11:29:33 am
So it appears that it's the other folks in the community are those who are not supporting the program as in the past; why??   

Because they can sit in their recliner and watch the game.

Go Postal

That looks like some of the soccer matches I've attended and both teams fans sit on the same side in that other sports.

Jimmy1995

McClellan by two touchdowns. Ready to play the semifinal game.

Overdahill

Quote from: Jimmy1995 on November 14, 2017, 06:40:37 pm

Tell it Jimmy! Congrats on your win last week and good luck Friday

Paw-Paw

AT

We can only hope the McClellan team has the same attitude as Jimmy. But we'll assume not.

Strangely, after watching some tape, I think McClellan is a better matchup for Alma than White Hall. The Lions are still a better team than White Hall, but I think the Airedales could definitely win this.

Wonder if any Alma fans see the same thing.

Paw-Paw

Quote from: Almatrackster on November 14, 2017, 08:46:16 pm
We can only hope the McClellan team has the same attitude as Jimmy. But we'll assume not.

Strangely, after watching some tape, I think McClellan is a better matchup for Alma than White Hall. The Lions are still a better team than White Hall, but I think the Airedales could definitely win this.

Wonder if any Alma fans see the same thing.

the voice

I see it Alma winning in a funny score game. Definitely agree their style of play matches up better.

Steve Perry 2.11

Quote from: Jimmy1995 on November 14, 2017, 06:40:37 pm

Watched McClellan last night. Big. But not impressed.

*yawn*

I may be heading up to my wet bar by halftime.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas