• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wynne at LRCA

Started by PA Dad, November 04, 2017, 10:16:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dad

Wynne's running game vs. LRCA's passing game.  Wynne's power vs. LRCA's finesse.  This should be a great game.

LRCA lost only to PA and they gave PA a scare.  Wynne lost only to Batesville.

Wynne will have to play great defense and keep the ball away from LRCA.  I don't think Wynne will be able to stop LRCA's offense.  I think LRCA wins this one.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: PA Dad on November 04, 2017, 10:16:48 pm
Wynne's running game vs. LRCA's passing game.  Wynne's power vs. LRCA's finesse.  This should be a great game.

Wynne will have to play great defense and keep the ball away from LRCA.  I don't think Wynne will be able to stop LRCA's offense.  I think LRCA wins this one.
think you are right LRCA will be to much for Wynne

Yellowcake

For LRCA.....
Worst
Possible
Matchup

chaingang

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on November 04, 2017, 10:29:39 pm
think you are right LRCA will be to much for Wynne
. I think y'all both thought Nettleton would win up until the curb stomping....but that's the way we like it.....the underdogs !!!!

Rick Swines

Lrca has not seen a defense like wynnes. I'm not saying wynne will win but they won't give up video game numbers and will control the clock.

tmycjy

In my opinion this was the short end of the stick for both team but I feel like who ever win this game could be going to the state tittle game

Overdahill

Quote from: Rick Swines on November 05, 2017, 06:22:54 am
Lrca has not seen a defense like wynnes. I'm not saying wynne will win but they won't give up video game numbers and will control the clock.

They better be able to defend at all 3 levels to stop LRCA. So far, LR McClellan is the only team to contain them very well this year. I'm pretty sure they scored at least 40 on everyone else

MDXPHD

Quote from: Overdahill on November 05, 2017, 07:18:29 am
They better be able to defend at all 3 levels to stop LRCA. So far, LR McClellan is the only team to contain them very well this year. I'm pretty sure they scored at least 40 on everyone else

Yeah but we all know the central is like the big 12. All offense and no defense.

Overdahill

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 05, 2017, 07:20:09 am
Yeah but we all know the central is like the big 12. All offense and no defense.

Its better to have one than neither  ;)

MDXPHD

Quote from: Overdahill on November 05, 2017, 07:25:50 am
Its better to have one than neither  ;)

You talking about the hogs?

Overdahill

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 05, 2017, 07:30:04 am
You talking about the hogs?

Almost an early Christmas for Coastal Carolina, $1.5M and break their losing streak  :-[

MDXPHD

Quote from: Overdahill on November 05, 2017, 07:32:58 am

Almost an early Christmas for Coastal Carolina, $1.5M and break their losing streak  :-[

I was hoping it was early Christmas for us too! Get rid of BB. Hopefully, that will happen shortly after the season though.

Overdahill

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 05, 2017, 07:37:55 am
I was hoping it was early Christmas for us too! Get rid of BB. Hopefully, that will happen shortly after the season though.

Those empty seats yesterday might get the job done

Jackets3

Quote from: PA Dad on November 04, 2017, 10:16:48 pm

How well does LRCA defend the run? Wynne offense has been clicking last few games and D has played lights out all season. Most thought Nettleton would score 40 plus on us.

Overdahill

I figure Wynne will move the ball easily on the ground and get their points but from what I saw on live stream (not in person) I would not confuse Nettleton's passing game with LRC's. Their QB can sling it with the best of them and they have guys who are not easy to cover

Rocket23

I think it is the worst possible matchup for LRCA.  Their weakness is Wynne's strength -- the running game.  Although I will say as the season has progressed Cohu has made defensive adjustments that have shored up the run defense.  That being said, the Warriors haven't faced a running team like Wynne.  It should be a great game.

Absolut

Man this is the worst possible matchup in terms of style for LRCA. This is like a semifinal heavyweight matchup. If Wynne can sustain drives that will keep LRCA offense on the bench and shorten the game.

redsport27

Cohu will adjust accordingly to Wynne's style of play. Plus they have the home field advantage. I'm taking LRC by 7.

JessieP

I myself haven't jumped on the bandwagon and named LRCA part of the Holy Trinity. They are the darlings of the 5A. I think you have an Alabama situation going on. People talk about the SEC West like it's football perfection, it is not. You have Alabama and then a bunch of other teams. The Central has PA, and a bunch of other teams. Just because PA is a unanimous number 1 it doesn't make LRCA the de facto number 2. LRCA will see something they don't see a lot of in the Central, defense. Wynne is physical and will not allow a "you have the ball, your turn to score" game. Everyone is so down on Wynne this year, why? Batesville beat Wynne, not because Wynne is down, they beat them because Batesville almost always does. Even in years when Wynne was clearly the better team Batesville wins. It is the epitome of having their number, Wynne is snake bit when comes to Batesville. I fully expect Wynne to win. After the game people will be raving about the QB, he is the best kept secret in the 5A. No one knows his name, they will. The kid is the motor of that team. Don't be surprised to see both Wynne and Batesville playing a week from Friday. They beat 2 Central teams? How dare they! 

Deuceswild

This game should look much like the Championship game last year except it's LRCA and not PA. I'm not saying LRCA is as good but I'm saying Wynne is not either. Justice Hill just makes every other player available to sling it to. You can't have suspect DBs against these kids there's too many weapons

JacketDad

Quote from: Deuceswild on November 05, 2017, 03:31:19 pm
This game should look much like the Championship game last year except it's LRCA and not PA. I'm not saying LRCA is as good but I'm saying Wynne is not either. Justice Hill just makes every other player available to sling it to. You can't have suspect DBs against these kids there's too many weapons
With a good dose of #55, #7 and a few more quick and physical defensive lineman Mr Hill, I suspect, will spend a good amount of time next Friday night on his back wondering where that truck came from.

Yellowcake

Quote from: JacketDad on November 05, 2017, 05:44:23 pm
With a good dose of #55, #7 and a few more quick and physical defensive lineman Mr Hill, I suspect, will spend a good amount of time next Friday night on his back wondering where that truck came from.

They have 3 guys that are very hard to cover. If you don't get to the qb, he will put the ball  in the air and these three will get to it before your guy. Just about every time. I am no defender of LRCA, at all, but believing that you have some players who can match up with these guys, well, it will be a challenge.
And by the way, number 3 for LRCA, please note that every time he does something great, he acts like he just won the super bowl. The game is ALL about him. Really classes up the place....

incogneto

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 05, 2017, 06:39:31 pm
They have 3 guys that are very hard to cover. If you don't get to the qb, he will put the ball  in the air and these three will get to it before your guy. Just about every time. I am no defender of LRCA, at all, but believing that you have some players who can match up with these guys, well, it will be a challenge.
And by the way, number 3 for LRCA, please note that every time he does something great, he acts like he just won the super bowl. The game is ALL about him. Really classes up the place....
Kind of like classing up a place by talking about a 17 year old kid that you very clearly know nothing about?  Tell us some more about how much you know about staying classy. 

Yellowcake

Quote from: incogneto on November 05, 2017, 06:52:57 pm
Kind of like classing up a place by talking about a 17 year old kid that you very clearly know nothing about?  Tell us some more about how much you know about staying classy.

Sometimes the truth is painful. Sorry about that.
Maybe he needs a coach to collar the behavior.

incogneto

I hate the draw for both teams.  This feels like a semi-final matchup.  I think Wynne is the best team in the East and had one bad half of football all year long.  I agree that the winner has a very good chance of going to the championship game.  McClellan will have something to say about that though.  Win or lose I really like Wynne's coach and their winning tradition.  I look forward to the game. 

incogneto

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 05, 2017, 06:56:46 pm
Sometimes the truth is painful. Sorry about that.
Maybe he needs a coach to collar the behavior.

Maybe you just didn't like him running by your dbs all night long and being excited about scoring against his rival.  I think anyone that has ever met Trey will consider the source of that criticism.  Stick to it if you don't mind looking like a fool. 

JessieP

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 05, 2017, 06:39:31 pm

It's funny you said that. Last year when we beat them everyone was kind of shocked at the behavior. Definitely not PA as far as conduct goes. The Batesville players said they were unbridled trash talkers. A lot of taunting and celebrating after even a 2 yard gain. I haven't seen them much this year but last year was a case of the Coaches having little control over them. CNNSI had a poll that said BYU was considered the dirtiest mouthiest D1 team. I guess religious affiliation doesn't always translate to on field behavior.

MDXPHD

Y'all excuse the PA fans saying they have a good offense. That is because PA can't play defense this season.

As far as the kids showing emotion during the games, I'm sure none of our teams have kids that do that.

FootballJunky

I have watched a lot of high school football over the past few years.  I love watching really good offenses.  Had the privilege of seeing the LRCA vs. PA game.  I saw #3 have 3 huge plays and i did not see the behavior that was mentioned here.  I did see emotions from both teams.  After I read the post, I even viewed his huddle highlights.  Nothing!!  I think the Wynne vs LRCA game will be a very good game.  If Wynne gets behind they will not be able to catch up!!!

JessieP

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 05, 2017, 07:33:57 pm
Y'all excuse the PA fans saying they have a good offense. That is because PA can't play defense this season.

As far as the kids showing emotion during the games, I'm sure none of our teams have kids that do that.

While I admire and respect your pursuit of higher education I cannot bring myself to call anyone Dr. who say's Y'all. Work on it, that's your assignment for the week.

Were you at the McClellan game 2 years ago? That was the strangest game I have ever seen at Pioneer Stadium. It felt out of sorts all night. The rain kept the attendance down, you never see empty seats at Pioneer stadium, let alone a playoff game. There was no band, during time-outs it was dead silent. The Pioneers played like crap and the Coaches never got upset. We lost a close one and after the game the players jogged off the field, no anger or emotion whatsoever. McClellan didn't celebrate or show any emotion themselves. The whole night felt like a Twilight Zone.

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 05, 2017, 07:33:57 pm

I agree with you that the PA defense this year is not nearly as good as it has been the last few years.  It's a good thing that the offense is tolerably good.

And of course the PA players show no emotion.  They are absolutely poker faced.

PA Dad

Quote from: JessieP on November 05, 2017, 08:04:00 pm
While I admire and respect your pursuit of higher education I cannot bring myself to call anyone Dr. who say's Y'all. Work on it, that's your assignment for the week.

Were you at the McClellan game 2 years ago? That was the strangest game I have ever seen at Pioneer Stadium. It felt out of sorts all night. The rain kept the attendance down, you never see empty seats at Pioneer stadium, let alone a playoff game. There was no band, during time-outs it was dead silent. The Pioneers played like crap and the Coaches never got upset. We lost a close one and after the game the players jogged off the field, no anger or emotion whatsoever. McClellan didn't celebrate or show any emotion themselves. The whole night felt like a Twilight Zone.

Y'all and ain't are two of my favorite words.  I'm southern, I talk southern, and I'm proud of it.

MDXPHD

Quote from: JessieP on November 05, 2017, 08:04:00 pm

You could just pass on calling me doctor or thinking I'm educated then. That would work.

I was not at that game. It sounds like a miserable night. I think this one will have a little more energy in the atmosphere

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on November 05, 2017, 08:06:41 pm
Y'all and ain't are two of my favorite words.  I'm southern, I talk southern, and I'm proud of it.

Completely agree. And if Yankees wanna judge me on it, they are more than welcome to.

PA Dad

Quote from: JacketDad on November 05, 2017, 05:44:23 pm

Hicks is a great athlete.  I held my breath every time he had the ball last year against PA.

Hill is also a great athlete although much different than Hicks.  Hicks is brute power (and man is he powerful).   Hill is speed and elusiveness.  They typify their teams.  That's why this is such an intriguing matchup.

There are some good matchups this Friday but this is probably the best.

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: FootballJunky on November 05, 2017, 07:43:20 pm
I have watched a lot of high school football over the past few years.  I love watching really good offenses.  Had the privilege of seeing the LRCA vs. PA game.  I saw #3 have 3 huge plays and i did not see the behavior that was mentioned here.  I did see emotions from both teams.  After I read the post, I even viewed his huddle highlights.  Nothing!!  I think the Wynne vs LRCA game will be a very good game.  If Wynne gets behind they will not be able to catch up!!!

I think yellowcake is referencing him talking massive amounts of crap and cussing the PA chain crew.  If memory serves me correctly somewhat threatening one of them.

Rocket23

I believe yellowcake is confused.  I have never seen #3 (wr) showboat and mouth, and I am not saying he hasn't.  But #4 (rb) is a little different matter.  And I don't care for it much. 

It is tons better than it was under Weaver.  They were pretty mouthy at times under Weaver.

TNT_15

Quote from: JessieP on November 05, 2017, 02:05:23 pm
I myself haven't jumped on the bandwagon and named LRCA part of the Holy Trinity. They are the darlings of the 5A. I think you have an Alabama situation going on. People talk about the SEC West like it's football perfection, it is not. You have Alabama and then a bunch of other teams. The Central has PA, and a bunch of other teams. Just because PA is a unanimous number 1 it doesn't make LRCA the de facto number 2. LRCA will see something they don't see a lot of in the Central, defense. Wynne is physical and will not allow a "you have the ball, your turn to score" game. Everyone is so down on Wynne this year, why? Batesville beat Wynne, not because Wynne is down, they beat them because Batesville almost always does. Even in years when Wynne was clearly the better team Batesville wins. It is the epitome of having their number, Wynne is snake bit when comes to Batesville. I fully expect Wynne to win. After the game people will be raving about the QB, he is the best kept secret in the 5A. No one knows his name, they will. The kid is the motor of that team. Don't be surprised to see both Wynne and Batesville playing a week from Friday. They beat 2 Central teams? How dare they!

Agreed. Lrc most over ranked team in the state.

TNT_15

November 05, 2017, 11:24:52 pm #38 Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 11:34:06 pm by TNT_15

TNT_15

Quote from: PA Dad on November 05, 2017, 08:04:23 pm
I agree with you that the PA defense this year is not nearly as good as it has been the last few years.  It's a good thing that the offense is tolerably good.

And of course the PA players show no emotion.  They are absolutely poker faced.
Because the pa coach had control of their players unlike some schools with similar demographics..... but I guess that is reflected in the recent scores between the two schools.

JessieP

Quote from: TNT_15 on November 05, 2017, 11:20:38 pm
Agreed. Lrc most over ranked team in the state.

So many people have labeled them "PA, The Next Generation". I don't get it. They started out the year with 2 victories, neither of which were jaw dropping, against 4A teams. Then came 2 victories against average 5A teams. They cruised against the Central's whipping boys, they needed overtime to beat a 4th place SH. PA hung 86 on them, 86! And they beat McClellan by 3. A good team? yes. The number 2 team in the 5A? why? What am I missing?

TNT_15

Quote from: JessieP on November 05, 2017, 11:37:39 pm
So many people have labeled them "PA, The Next Generation". I don't get it. They started out the year with 2 victories, neither of which were jaw dropping, against 4A teams. Then came 2 victories against average 5A teams. They cruised against the Central's whipping boys, they needed overtime to beat a 4th place SH. PA hung 86 on them, 86! And they beat McClellan by 3. A good team? yes. The number 2 team in the 5A? why? What am I missing?
Not sure. They are a top 10 but you give up nearly 100 points to pa.... I just think pa is the only real quality opponent they faced and well that happened. McClellan had lrc on the ropes. I just don't see them escaping the first round.

PA Dad

Quote from: TNT_15 on November 05, 2017, 11:32:17 pm
Because the pa coach had control of their players unlike some schools with similar demographics..... but I guess that is reflected in the recent scores between the two schools.

Geez, do I  really have to note every time I'm being sarcastic?  PA players show as much emotion as players from any other team.  These are high school kids.  They are going to be emotional.

There is a difference between being emotional and being obnoxious.  That difference shows up in coaching.  It's fine to celebrate.  It's obnoxious to taunt.

TNT_15

Quote from: PA Dad on November 05, 2017, 11:45:40 pm
Geez, do I  really have to note every time I'm being sarcastic?  PA players show as much emotion as players from any other team.  These are high school kids.  They are going to be emotional.

There is a difference between being emotional and being obnoxious.  That difference shows up in coaching.  It's fine to celebrate.  It's obnoxious to taunt.
Geez guess I have to say when I'm being sarcastic too.... the internet will never truly be able to convey my sarcasm correctly

PA Dad

Quote from: TNT_15 on November 05, 2017, 11:54:32 pm
Geez guess I have to say when I'm being sarcastic too.... the internet will never truly be able to convey my sarcasm correctly

I apologize for my lack of discernment.  I guess I should be more cognizant of  other's sarcasm.

JessieP

Quote from: PA Dad on November 05, 2017, 11:45:40 pm

Now call me unstable, stupid, manic or stupid (oh wait, you already have) but my post are there for all to see. Say what you want about PA but their players do not taunt. They do not showboat. 2 Years ago a PA player sacked Batesville's QB, the player had an exaggerated show of emotion. No flags were thrown but the ref gently nudged the PA player back to the huddle. Kelley sent someone in for the kid, as he was jogging off the field KK met him 5 yards on the field and read him the riot act. I mean his little fanny pack/play list was swinging side to side. The kid slunk to the bench with his eyes fixed on his feet. He didn't return until after halftime. I have many issue's with KK but he does not tolerate showboating.

PA Dad

Quote from: JessieP on November 05, 2017, 11:58:50 pm
Now call me unstable, stupid, manic or stupid (oh wait, you already have) but my post are there for all to see. Say what you want about PA but their players do not taunt. They do not showboat. 2 Years ago a PA player sacked Batesville's QB, the player had an exaggerated show of emotion. No flags were thrown but the ref gently nudged the PA player back to the huddle. Kelley sent someone in for the kid, as he was jogging off the field KK met him 5 yards on the field and read him the riot act. I mean his little fanny pack/play list was swinging side to side. The kid slunk to the bench with his eyes fixed on his feet. He didn't return until after halftime. I have many issue's with KK but he does not tolerate showboating.

You are right about that.   Kelley does not tolerate showboating.

But Coach King is the same.  When PA and Batesville met in the semis two or three years ago, a Batesville player celebrated a little too much after sacking the PA QB, and he sat on the bench for a while.  That's just good coaching and having control of the team.

Two or three years ago a very good PA player got mad and took his helmet off and hit an opposing player in the head wth it.  He never played another down for PA.   But,  as everyone knows, it's all about winning.

Youngsta71701

Little Rock Christian in a close one. Wynne will try to control the ball and the T.O.P.

tmycjy

I think wynne get it in a good contest if wynne does lose this game I'll still be proud of theme not saying I won't be mad at the time but end a few days I will

FootballJunky

Quote from: TNT_15 on November 05, 2017, 11:42:09 pm
Not sure. They are a top 10 but you give up nearly 100 points to pa.... I just think pa is the only real quality opponent they faced and well that happened. McClellan had lrc on the ropes. I just don't see them escaping the first round.

I think you are missing the details of the Game with PA.  The real difference of that game was the 2 onside kicks that were recovered in the second half.  What do those comparisons really mean.  PA kicked a last second field goal to beat Parkview.  A team that LRCA handle pretty well.  If you actually watch these two teams play you would understand why they win games.  PA wins games by possessions.  Putting you in a must score position, which reduces your play calling options.  Either the give you the ball at the 50 or they get an extra possession.  Either way your defense spends a lot of time on the field.  I would bet my retirement on a tired receiver vs. a tired defensive back.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas