• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ashdown @ Trumann round 1 what r ur thoughts

Started by Csa17, November 04, 2017, 09:14:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Csa17

Looks to be a close game after all I wish ashdown good luck and a safe trip to T Town

Csa17

November 06, 2017, 05:17:56 pm #51 Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 05:24:38 pm by Csa17
I just saw the trumann team practicing in the mud and cold rain it's a 50 degrees and raining atleast they r taking the game serious

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Csa17 on November 06, 2017, 05:17:56 pm
I just saw the trumann team practicing in the mud and cold rain it's 5 degrees and raining atleast they r taking the game serious

5 degrees? Man, what a cold front up there in NEA........

bigchief72455

Csa17

Spurfan

their lower class will be alright. Its better athlete in those classes then some think. Some kids will develop once they get older.

hogfan10

Quote from: scrapman on November 06, 2017, 09:21:12 am
The 9th graders is probably a better player anyways. Probably work out for the best

Seen them both, I think the 10th grader is a better QB. I think the 9th grader is a better athlete. With big Bishop out, he might fill big brothers role. If I'm not mistaken, the 9th grader is a Bishop too.

Csa17

That's alot of pressure on a young kid he will b better in the long run from the experience but it's tough for awhile

bigchief72455

Quote from: Csa17 on November 07, 2017, 04:55:11 am
That's alot of pressure on a young kid he will b better in the long run from the experience but it's tough for awhile
It can go either way. The kid may get experience but you also risk injuring a young player that may be out sized quite a bit.

blegit

They are cousins. It will be a good test for ashdown. The young quarterback is fearless but he will make some mistakes like any other quarterback but I think this will be a good learning experience for him and the team going forward.

Csa17

What game did the 9th grade qb start playing was it last week

panthers fan

Csa17

Home field advantage 9th grade qb 5 hr bus ride maybe trumann has a chance we will see

bigchief72455

Quote from: Csa17 on November 07, 2017, 08:18:06 pm
Home field advantage 9th grade qb 5 hr bus ride maybe trumann has a chance we will see
Yeah but that 9th grade qb probably played tougher jr. high games than most of the teams in sr. high in our conference. lol

Csa17

The speed of the game is different though my older stepson was an all state qb and he says it's amazing how much faster st high is

bigchief72455

Quote from: Csa17 on November 08, 2017, 08:35:14 am
The speed of the game is different though my older stepson was an all state qb and he says it's amazing how much faster st high is
It does move faster. It stands to reason that players develop from jr.high to sr. high.

hogfan10

Quote from: bigchief72455 on November 08, 2017, 08:55:08 am
It does move faster. It stands to reason that players develop from jr.high to sr. high.

He's a good athlete, he'll adjust to the speed. He already played some in last Friday's game. Things won't come as easy for him as it did in Jr High games, but he can still be very effective. Arkadelphia's star 9th grader played last Friday night, it took him a play or two to adjust to the speed/size difference; after that he looked pretty sharp. I'd say athletically the two are close.

snap crackle

paraloma

I've heard that Trumann's offense is so old that the game film is in black and white. Is this true?

Csa17

The offense is pretty old pretty much the basis for alot of different offenses we see today malzahn started with the wing t back at Hughes high school in the early 90s but I think the game film has had color added to keep up with the times

jimbojack

bigchief72455

Quote from: paraloma on November 08, 2017, 01:26:11 pm
I've heard that Trumann's offense is so old that the game film is in black and white. Is this true?
Thats funny right there.

Nomad1324

Csa17

Maybe if trumann wins we will put the highlights in color

SCRAPYARD

Csa17

It seems that everyone thinks ashdown will likely win and it's possible they r a very good team we will see how good trumann is as I said a good team always welcomes playing a good team

ballislife101

Ashdown always has solid athletes, and will likely take this game. However, Trumann is a solid bunch, but I think with their offense being very one dimensional it'll be hard for them to pull off the win. I say Ashdown 42-14

birddawg1986

November 09, 2017, 10:46:45 am #77 Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 11:54:15 am by birddawg1986
Looks like the great minds at Hootens has every team in this conference losing !!!

Malvern (1) at Gosnell
Ashdown (10) at Trumann
Hamburg (3) at Jonesboro Westside
Pocahontas at Dumas (13)
Highland at Warren (35)

ArkansasSportsFan

Quote from: birddawg1986 on November 09, 2017, 10:46:45 am
Looks like the great minds at Hootens has every team in this conference losing !!!

Malvern (1) at Gosnell
Ashdown (10) at Trumann
Hamburg (3) at Jonesboro Westside
Pocahontas at Dumas (13)

Did you not have enough space to put in how badly Warren is going to win?

Csa17

As I said everyone expects trumann to lose so they have nothing to lose if they win they will earn respect if not the playoffs move forward and everyone was right no big deal. I will say this is the last high school game to be played on trumann's field which has been there for probably 50 years. They r building a new stadium for next year

bigchief72455

Quote from: Csa17 on November 09, 2017, 11:25:23 am
As I said everyone expects trumann to lose so they have nothing to lose if they win they will earn respect if not the playoffs move forward and everyone was right no big deal. I will say this is the last high school game to be played on trumann's field which has been there for probably 50 years. They r building a new stadium for next year
Now all they need is consistent teams like the one they had this year.

Csa17

The srs of this team r the first group from coach waymire era he has been there 5 years should b consistent from now own maybe different levels of talent but overall consistent

birddawg1986

Quote from: ArkansasSportsFan on November 09, 2017, 10:59:50 am
Did you not have enough space to put in how badly Warren is going to win?
Yeah forgot about Highland at Warren (35)

bigchief72455

Quote from: Csa17 on November 09, 2017, 11:40:26 am
The srs of this team r the first group from coach waymire era he has been there 5 years should b consistent from now own maybe different levels of talent but overall consistent
If there numbers hold strong they will be alright.

Csa17

Yes numbers have never been big usually around 30 not like pokey or higland whose numbers r usually double that

bigchief72455

Actually Pocahontas had around 40 this year and we usually stay in the 40's on roster

Csa17

I think Brooklands numbers are growing really fast there is alot of growth from jonesboro out that way I think they will b 5a before long

elvis26

;D one of trumanns former player that played 10 years in the nfl will be at the game tolmorrow night!! his name is elbert shelley!!

Csa17

Hanging out at the trumann pep rally going to b a good game tomorrow night

MercyDaddy

Quote from: Csa17 on November 09, 2017, 11:25:23 am

With a win, they will play at home again next week.

Csa17

Yes if trumann wins tomorrow night they have one more home game

Csa17

Game day is finally here good luck to the ashdown team and safe travels to the team and fans trumann looks forward to hosting you

elvis26

:D have a safe trip to trumann ashdown!! we are looking forward to a great game tonight.

FBfan79

FBfan79

Frosty

Frosty

Ashdown 14
Trumann 7
Little less than 3 minutes in first half left

Missco

bigchief72455

Csa17

Thank all the ashdown team and fans for a great game and good luck next week have a safe trip home

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas