• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AAA releases 2018-2020 conferences for other sports

Started by Coach Sturdivant, Alma, September 06, 2017, 06:53:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Coach Sturdivant, Alma

GridironGeneral

The Coach

ArkansasSportsFan

This won't be exactly correct with soccer because there are so many 1a-4a schools that don't even have soccer so they'll have to combine different conferences together within the classifications. I believe 1a-3a will all be together, 4a stands alone, 5a stands alone, 6a stands alone.

Coach Sturdivant, Alma

September 11, 2017, 12:59:52 pm #4 Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 01:01:53 pm by Coach Sturdivant, Alma
For the new "6A" and "5A" it will be like this.

I don't believe 4A will be aligned like this. I see 4 conferences for 4A once we get closer to the spring.

3A will most likely be the same way.

Anyone care to speculate on 4A conference alignment?

Mijally2

The new 5A west conference should be called the "Conference of Death".

jimmyt

Why? I only see 2 good teams in there... Muamelle and Alma

Rocket23

If that is what you think Jimmy, keep on thinking it...

I am glad LRCA is moving to the west in soccer and volleyball.  The central was so weak in those two sports, I definitely think it didn't have LRCA prepared for state.

jimmyt

It was a joke rocket so get off your high horse...

So those losses to hall and PA weren't enough to get your boys soccer team ready?
It didn't matter who you played during the year, yall weren't going to beat Hot Springs last year...

chandler

2018-2020 means fall of 2018. So we won't know what the 4A conferences will look like until September or October of 2018.

Personally, I hope they go with 6 conferences for 4A. The current 4A conferences have such huge footprints. I still want to play teams like Dardanelle, Subi, and Danville. But I'd like to have the freedom to schedule them on a Friday night before the conference schedule starts. Pulling the bus into the lot at 1 AM on a Tuesday night is just rough.

chandler

Who knows whether this will apply to soccer...but this is what I'm hearing about the 4A-1 Conference for everything but football:

Apparently we may have uneven conferences in 4A. Some conferences may have 9 teams and others may have 7. It looks like the 4A-1 will only lose Lincoln and will add Farmington and Harrison.

chandler

OK, I'm just now looking at the full document that Coach Sturdivant post at the top of this board...oops. It looks like it's official that 4A will have uneven conferences.

Sir Alex

I think you will see 4 conferences instead of 6 for 4a soccer next year. Just doesn't make sense to have 6 conferences for that amount of schools that have teams.

chandler

Yeah, you're probably right. 5A has been going with 4 conferences most of which have less than 8 teams. Of course, what would you expect them to do? Have two 14 team conferences?

ARSOCCER2017

It looks like there will be plenty of teams for 6A 5A and 4A.  But how many leftover actually play soccer and will make up the 3A???

The Coach

Quote from: ARSOCCER2017 on October 16, 2017, 09:23:42 pm
It looks like there will be plenty of teams for 6A 5A and 4A.  But how many leftover actually play soccer and will make up the 3A???

Not many and the quality of play will be pretty hard to watch

Go Postal

Quote from: jimmyt on September 12, 2017, 11:32:09 am

Why? I only see 2 good teams in there... Muamelle and Alma
I heard that there were sighs of relief in the West because Harrison boys/girls will be moving to 4A.  LOL

chandler

There has been much gnashing of teeth among 4A-1 teams about Harrison joining us.

sssuperpantherfan2

I'm excited to have Harrison and Bentonville on our schedule this year!

VHSCoach2

Apparently, Beebe and Maumelle will switch spots in the next cycle. Beebe will be in the West and Maumelle will be in the Central.

ClarksvilleFutbol

Quote from: Coach Sturdivant, Alma on September 11, 2017, 12:59:52 pm
For the new "6A" and "5A" it will be like this.

I don't believe 4A will be aligned like this. I see 4 conferences for 4A once we get closer to the spring.

3A will most likely be the same way.

Anyone care to speculate on 4A conference alignment?

This is the best I could come up with for the new cycle of 4A conferences. Things could obviously change if new teams join, or teams drop soccer. Feel free to give your opinions.

1:
Berryville
Clarksville
Dardanelle
Gentry
Harrison
Huntsville
Morrilton
Prairie Grove
Subi (B)
Shiloh (G)

2:
Arkadelphia
Bauxite
DeQueen
Hope
Joe T. Robinson
Malvern
Mena
Nashville

3:
Batesville
Batesville Southside
Brookland
Heber Springs
Jonesboro Westside
Lonoke
Valley View
Wynne

4:
eSTEM
Hamburg
LR McCllellan
LR Mills
Monticello
Pulaski Academy
Star City
Stuttgart
Warren

Ladyfan

So what does this do to 3A and below? Will they have a blended conference and pull away from 4A instead of how it is today?

Sir Alex

Quote from: Ladyfan on February 18, 2018, 06:18:00 pm
So what does this do to 3A and below? Will they have a blended conference and pull away from 4A instead of how it is today?

No more blended after this year.

ARSOCCER2017

Based on current schools listed for 4A this year these are the schools that will make up the 3A

From 1:
Bergman
Danville
Decatur
Eureka Springs
Green Forrest
Lead Hill

From 2:
Baptist Prep
CAC
Centerpoint
Cossatot River
Gurdon
Haskell Harmony Grove
Maumelle Charter

From 3:
Buffalo Island Central
Conway Christian
Crowley's Ridge
Jacksonville Lighthouse
Mountain View
Riverview
St. Joseph - Conway

From 4:
Episcopal
Hermitage
Lakeside LV
Lisa Academy
Lisa Academy - NLR

These are the schools that are currently listed in 4A. I do not know which of these have both boys and girls. I would assume there would be less girls teams than boys teams.

chandler

Quote from: ClarksvilleFutbol on February 18, 2018, 05:56:19 pm
This is the best I could come up with for the new cycle of 4A conferences. Things could obviously change if new teams join, or teams drop soccer. Feel free to give your opinions.

1:
Berryville
Clarksville
Dardanelle
Gentry
Harrison
Huntsville
Morrilton
Prairie Grove
Subi (B)
Shiloh (G)

2:
Arkadelphia
Bauxite
DeQueen
Hope
Joe T. Robinson
Malvern
Mena
Nashville

3:
Batesville
Batesville Southside
Brookland
Heber Springs
Jonesboro Westside
Lonoke
Valley View
Wynne

4:
eSTEM
Hamburg
LR McCllellan
LR Mills
Monticello
Pulaski Academy
Star City
Stuttgart
Warren

Jeez...I'm gonna love driving that bus from PG to Morrilton every other year if this is how it turns out.

chandler

Does anybody know if Pea Ridge will have a Varsity program next year? I see two games on MaxPreps this year against Life Way Christian. Does this year count as a JV year, therefore meaning they will be in a conference next year?

Wendell Robinson

Quote from: ARSOCCER2017 on February 19, 2018, 04:34:35 pm
Based on current schools listed for 4A this year these are the schools that will make up the 3A

From 1:
Bergman
Danville
Decatur
Eureka Springs
Green Forrest
Lead Hill

These are the schools that are currently listed in 4A. I do not know which of these have both boys and girls. I would assume there would be less girls teams than boys teams.

I'm not sure about the rest of "3A" but the 1 will look like this from what I can gather

Boys
Danville
Bergman
Lead Hill
Decatur
Green Forest
Eureka Springs
Lincoln (Played JV this year)

Girls
Danville
Decatur
Green Forest
Eureka Springs
Lincoln

ARSOCCER2017

From the "2"

Boys:
Baptist Prep
CAC
Centerpoint
Cossatot River
Gurdon
Haskell Harmony Grove
Maumelle Charter

Girls:
Baptist Prep
CAC
Centerpoint
Cossatot (Only 11 this year)
Haskell Harmony Grove

VHSCoach2

Taxman

The 4A West and South will be brutal.  There will be good teams that will be left out that could finish 3rd in the East.

frotator888

Quote from: Taxman on May 08, 2018, 02:09:37 pm
The 4A West and South will be brutal.  There will be good teams that will be left out that could finish 3rd in the East.

Exactly, it seems really unbalanced, especially when comparing the South to the East ...

Sir Alex

Definitely lopsided but it is about travel.  I would say that the new 5A West will be even more lopsided than anything in the 4a. Bottom line is that regular season will mean something again for those that had to play in the blended conference these past two years. Hopefully, conference/disitrct tournaments will go by the wayside.

VHSCoach2

The new 5A West's conference schedule has already been made and released. Brutal. Stretches from March 8th to May 3rd.

Mijally2

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on May 09, 2018, 10:17:36 am
The new 5A West's conference schedule has already been made and released. Brutal. Stretches from March 8th to May 3rd.
The 5A West posted at the top of this page is different from the link. Maumelle is in the Central correct?

VHSCoach2

Quote from: Mijally2 on May 09, 2018, 10:51:05 am
The 5A West posted at the top of this page is different from the link. Maumelle is in the Central correct?

Correct. Maumelle and Beebe switched conferences.

Mijally2

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on May 09, 2018, 11:04:47 am
Correct. Maumelle and Beebe switched conferences.
Thanks. Central will be brutal in basketball but not so much in soccer.

ARSOCCER2017

Of the new 3A... Im wondering how many actually have girls teams??
How would you make a state tournament?? Top 4, Top 3, Top 2???

chaoslord

Quote from: ARSOCCER2017 on May 09, 2018, 01:42:11 pm
Of the new 3A... Im wondering how many actually have girls teams??
How would you make a state tournament?? Top 4, Top 3, Top 2???

I think this is what the 3A Girls would look like from a quick cross check with MaxPreps combined with what I remember seeing this year.

West (No Bergman or Lead Hill)
Decatur
Eureka Springs
Green Forest
Lincoln

South (No Gurdon)
Baptist Prep
Cossatot River
Centerpoint
Danville
Harmony Grove, Haskell (this is the Benton one, right?)

North (No Buffalo Island or Crowley's)
Conway Christian
Jacksonville Lighthouse
Mountain View
Riverview
St Joseph, Conway

East (no Maumelle Charter)
CAC
Episcopal
Hermitage
Lakeside
Lisa Academy

Loses 6 teams total and everyone has 5 teams except the West.

ARSOCCER2017

Thanks Chaos!
In your opinion...how many do you think should qualify for state?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas