• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 Outlook

Started by DerekOxford, December 01, 2015, 01:14:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mack

Quote from: ricepig on December 30, 2016, 06:04:46 pm
Everyone is upset, but we've been upset since 1992 for the most part. It's using that reality thing all the "realists" like to use to justify their negatives.

Yep.  No one is  happy.  I'm sure not.  Firing him now doesn't put us in any better position.
I'm probably less confident in coach B than at any point.  Still, who are you going to get with a better pedigree, who's had more success?  No more extensions, get the buyout down..  If it's not better in 2, adios with a smaller buyout and full recruiting classes for his successor.  Personally, I hope he turns it around.

ricepig

Quote from: mack on December 30, 2016, 08:01:09 pm
Yep.  No one is  happy.  I'm sure not.  Firing him now doesn't put us in any better position.
I'm probably less confident in coach B than at any point.  Still, who are you going to get with a better pedigree, who's had more success?  No more extensions, get the buyout down..  If it's not better in 2, adios with a smaller buyout and full recruiting classes for his successor.  Personally, I hope he turns it around.

Yep, patience is needed by all, either it gets turned around, or we get a new coach.

AirWarren

Quote from: ricepig on December 30, 2016, 05:36:41 pm
I guess you're a bandwagon fan? I guess you're not an alum, you don't enjoy going back to the campus, tailgating with old friends from school, cheering on your alma mater?

These kinds of comments are just as stupid as the "well I am a season ticket holder.....so I have the right to call shots.." comments.

Who gives a crap if someone is an alum or not. That state university is funded through every tax payer in this state.

AirWarren

Quote from: ricepig on December 30, 2016, 08:41:27 pm
Yep, patience is needed by all, either it gets turned around, or we get a new coach.

Yup, either way....that is one of the two things that will happen.

ricepig

Quote from: AirWarren on December 30, 2016, 08:56:07 pm
These kinds of comments are just as stupid as the "well I am a season ticket holder.....so I have the right to call shots.." comments.

Who gives a crap if someone is an alum or not. That state university is funded through every tax payer in this state.

But not the athletic department. The point is it means something to an alum to go back to his alma mater, something you obviously don't understand. Not every alum feels this way, but lots do.

AirWarren

Quote from: ricepig on December 30, 2016, 08:59:33 pm
But not the athletic department. The point is it means something to an alum to go back to his alma mater, something you obviously don't understand. Not every alum feels this way, but lots do.

Ive grown up. I don't need to go back to my college years every year to feel like I am someone.

AirWarren

The point is. You're opinion is no more special or more special than fans like cuck and I.

ricepig

Quote from: AirWarren on December 30, 2016, 09:00:25 pm
Ive grown up. I don't need to go back to my college years every year to feel like I am someone.

I go to see friends that I usually only see at a game.

ricepig

Quote from: AirWarren on December 30, 2016, 09:01:47 pm
The point is. You're opinion is no more special or more special than fans like cuck and I.

I never said it was, but those with more "skin" in the games is. It's always been that way, money talks, b.s. walks.

cuckoobird

Well the money Bert is making hardly says a word. Someone give him a hot blonde and a motorcycle, please!! Stolen from fb

AirWarren

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 30, 2016, 09:49:00 pm
Well the money Bert is making hardly says a word. Someone give him a hot blonde and a motorcycle, please!! Stolen from fb

Problem is. He has a wife that he loves. And she is a blonde. That ain't going to get him out of here haha

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: ricepig on December 30, 2016, 09:04:17 pm
I never said it was, but those with more "skin" in the games is. It's always been that way, money talks, b.s. walks.
You don't have anymore skin in the game than anyone else rice. You want everyone to think you are some bigshot because you say you know somebody. Get real, you have no more knowledge or skin in the game than AW, Cuck, Randy or myself...and your opinion means no more or less than ours. Quit trying to convince everyone how and when they should support the program...

AirWarren

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on December 30, 2016, 11:07:49 pm
You don't have anymore skin in the game than anyone else rice. You want everyone to think you are some bigshot because you say you know somebody. Get real, you have no more knowledge or skin in the game than AW, Cuck, Randy or myself...and your opinion means no more or less than ours. Quit trying to convince everyone how and when they should support the program...

I support the program by purchasing shirts occasionally and cheering them on from home. I have a decal on my truck and a hog license plate. And that is enough. And that should be enough. I didn't know there were "levels of how important a fan is".

cuckoobird

I've been wondering how they conceived, he can't seem to finish...

AirWarren

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 30, 2016, 11:14:06 pm
I've been wondering how they conceived, he can't seem to finish...

He finishes when it matters apparently haha. Kudos to him.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: AirWarren on December 30, 2016, 11:10:15 pm
I support the program by purchasing shirts occasionally and cheering them on from home. I have a decal on my truck and a hog license plate. And that is enough. And that should be enough. I didn't know there were "levels of how important a fan is".
Exactly. I was a season ticket holder since 1981 to 2002. Couldn't take HDN anymore...when CBP came in I got back in and am still in. I don't brag about it on here...because it means nothing. I over pay for a PP just because...I have friends that have season tickets also...I see them at games...WOW! I saw a friend at the game...I tailgated...Oh boy! Sheeeezzz O Pete...what does it matter? I don't spend a ton of money, my opinion doesn't matter...but I DON"T HAVE TO RENEW MY SEASON TICKETS or PP...that is my choice. Will the foundation care...no, they won't...but that still doesn't mean I am not a hog fan because I don't tailgate with my friends and sing CBB's praises regardless of the outcome of games...I'm with ya AW...

cuckoobird

WPWells

I'm a student at the university. I forked over the money to go to TCU, Arlington, Mizzou, and Charlotte this year. I was at 10 of the 13 games.

I'm still not more important than anyone else.

cuckoobird

I think rice has little man syndrome, that's why he feels the need to brag about being a season ticket holder and tailgating with his frat boys. How big a boy are ya Rice? RD Mercer

AirWarren

Quote from: WPWells on December 30, 2016, 11:27:16 pm
I'm a student at the university. I forked over the money to go to TCU, Arlington, Mizzou, and Charlotte this year. I was at 10 of the 13 games.

I'm still not more important than anyone else.

Don't tell some of your fellow "alumni brethren" that. You'll be exiled.

I'm a graduate of the UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS at Monticello. A sister school of the "mother ship". I guess I'm a second tier level of importance when it comes to calling the shots. MY OPINION MATTERS to ya know.

All UOFA SCHOOLS LIVES MATTERS. 

WPWells

It's probably because I'm not in a frat. I chose a college ministry instead.

AirWarren

Quote from: WPWells on December 30, 2016, 11:35:05 pm
It's probably because I'm not in a frat. I chose a college ministry instead.

Oh goodness. You're one of those evil Christians the media talks about. Haha

cuckoobird

Kudos to you wells, that's much more important

AW that quote may be the funniest I've ever read from you! +1

WPWells

Now, all this said, I want to believe that Bielema has it in him. I'm willing to give him another year to show something. He'll return a second-year starter at quarterback and experience at most positions.

cuckoobird

AirWarren

Quote from: WPWells on December 30, 2016, 11:37:31 pm
Now, all this said, I want to believe that Bielema has it in him. I'm willing to give him another year to show something. He'll return a second-year starter at quarterback and experience at most positions.

Same here. I want him to succeed. I hate coaching turnover. Especially when we have one that seems to like it here. But I just have a gut feeling he and Jen will be looking elsewhere once baby Bielema is born.

AirWarren

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 30, 2016, 11:38:48 pm
#AUofASLM

Uam guy standing by a UAF Guy. My sign says, "does my life matter less than his"?

cuckoobird

Oh you're going to get it now, UAF, hahahahahahahaha

WPWells

Why would you stand by someone from the University of Alaska - Fairbanks?

AirWarren

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 30, 2016, 11:45:35 pm
Oh you're going to get it now, UAF, hahahahahahahaha

Fixed. I forgot to capitalize UAM like UAF.

UAM guy standing by a UAF Guy. My sign says, "does my life matter less than his"?

bleudog

LRRandy

Quote from: AirWarren on December 30, 2016, 11:10:15 pm
there are more fans like you in this state than those that donate to the cartel (razorback foundation). The state wide passion for the Hogs transcends socio-economic boundaries. Rice exemplifies the NWA "wine and cheese, I'm better than you, I know more than you" crowd. Aren't you on the wrong side of the state for that rice?

ricepig

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on December 30, 2016, 11:07:49 pm

My goodness, you're ignorant. I never said I did, I said those who contribute a lot, hold more "skin". If you don't want to read what I post, use the ignore feature, lol.

Brian G

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas