• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

a curious question...

Started by wait4it, March 07, 2019, 08:41:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

wait4it

I understand the desire to have posts kept for a couple of years but why is there 41 pages of posts that span back to 2006?

sevenof400

Because server space is cheap? 

sevenof400

There are times when I have looked back at some very old info here on FF so I'm glad there is a good amount of historical threads still present on FF.  Is there a downside to having so many threads?

JessieP

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 07, 2019, 09:57:47 am
There are times when I have looked back at some very old info here on FF so I'm glad there is a good amount of historical threads still present on FF.  Is there a downside to having so many threads?

I love that FF keeps the threads. It's a great source of information.

J12

Quote from: wait4it on March 07, 2019, 08:41:25 am
I understand the desire to have posts kept for a couple of years but why is there 41 pages of posts that span back to 2006?

Keeping track of IQ leves to see  the discrepancy over time.

wait4it

Don't misunderstand.  I am neither for or against keeping the posts...i am just curious about the desire to keep all info for 12+ years. 

sevenof400

Quote from: wait4it on March 07, 2019, 11:28:18 am
Don't misunderstand.  I am neither for or against keeping the posts...i am just curious about the desire to keep all info for 12+ years.

My guess is that old posts do eventually fall off, BUT to FF's credit they have upgraded their equipment a few times over the years so I suspect they have stayed ahead of storage demands reasonably well.   

smallybells

I'm glad they do, sometimes it is the only reference you can find for past events in Arkansas HS sports.

Momma_S

I really enjoy reading over my old posts from 2006-2008. They bring back memories and I've made several of my closest friends from this forum. I hope they stick around forever.

Ctucker

what the heck does it matter!

sevenof400

Quote from: smallybells on March 07, 2019, 08:47:37 pm
I'm glad they do, sometimes it is the only reference you can find for past events in Arkansas HS sports.

Absolutely!

OB11

Is there a way to search (i.e. a search bar for specific terms) the forums? I think there was at one point...but not sure.

sevenof400

Quote from: OB11 on March 08, 2019, 09:00:37 am
Is there a way to search (i.e. a search bar for specific terms) the forums? I think there was at one point...but not sure.

As I recall, the search feature within FF was either disabled or did not work too well to begin with.  I know a workaround is to use Google (or a less politically biased search engine) and preface your search with 'fearless friday'. 

OB11

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 08, 2019, 09:28:39 am
As I recall, the search feature within FF was either disabled or did not work too well to begin with.  I know a workaround is to use Google (or a less politically biased search engine) and preface your search with 'fearless friday'.

It would be handy to locally search the site using keywords.

While we're talking about features...I also think it would be cool to be able to "tag" people by their username in posts like using someone's handle on Twitter. I imagine that would be a nightmare to program, but I can dream. Lol

ISU7

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 07, 2019, 09:57:47 am
Exactly 8)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas