• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Batesville vs Berryville State Championship

Started by JessieP, March 03, 2019, 12:54:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Who you got?

Batesville by single digits
17 (39.5%)
Berryville by single digits
12 (27.9%)
Batesville by double digits
13 (30.2%)
Berryville by double digits
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Rocket23

Go Postal

Quote from: Go Postal on March 07, 2019, 07:37:11 pm
Berryville Lady Bobcats 66
Batesville Lady Pioneers 72
Final .  What a game!  Congratulations Batesville. Great 4th period by the Lady Pioneers. Congratulations Berryville for getting in the school history as being in the Championship game.  Was a amazing game.

Will see you in the Spring sports forums.
I think that this was one of the best girl's game that I've seen.  I don't think that a lot of pollsters would have thought that this game was as close as it was.  Congratulations Lady Pioneers! 

Hopefully the Lady Goblins and Lady Bobcats will meet you on the pitch this Spring.

Go Postal

Quote from: Rocket23 on March 07, 2019, 07:54:05 pm
Who won?  Did Postal have a typo?
Yes, yes I did.  Fixed it.  Lo seinto mi amigo.  62 years old and just retired.  Don't even know what day of the week it is.  LOL

EarlTheSnakeWhite

Congratulations to the Lady Pioneers on a fabulous season! They were the 4A's best all season long and proved it in Magnolia and Hot Springs! Very deserving championship!

Walter s

What a way to cap off a fun season of 4a girls b-ball! 2 great teams in a dogfight! Congrats Batesville..it's a lot of fun watching your team!

NEA Razorback olfan

J12

Congrats to the Lady Pioneers. Great team.

JacketFan

Congrats Batesville, one heckuva game, you ladies deserve those rings, I wont hold JesseP being your fan against y'all, lol, Great game ladies

JessieP

Quote from: MDXPHD on March 07, 2019, 07:50:26 pm
Berryville played a good game but it's hard to win when the steals were 15-1! Great job by Batesville.

They should have been CoMVP but you can't argue with either. 30 is a soph so you should keep an eye on her for a couple of years!

I agree, Taylor left it all on the court. They were both MVP's. It's funny, the game played out like most thought. Berryville fought hard all night but the Pioneer pressure wore them down. I was worried in the 1st quarter, Berryville couldn't miss, until I saw them during a time out. They were winded and confused. They didn't have the bench to keep fresh legs in the game.

87DAWG

Berryville couldn't handle the press. I don't have the stats but I wouldn't be surprised if they shot the ball better than Batesville! None the less, the pressure and turnovers did them in! Great game and Congratulations to the Lady Pioneers!!  Go 4A-3!!

Intelligentsia

Berryville played quite well and certainly showed they earned a spot in the finals.  Congratulations to them on a great season - nothing to hang their head about.   Only two teams get a state trophy each year, and being runner up to a quality team is something to be proud of, especially when, as it appeared, you leave it all on the court.

MDXPHD

Quote from: 87DAWG on March 08, 2019, 12:17:41 am

Berryville couldn't handle the press. I don't have the stats but I wouldn't be surprised if they shot the ball better than Batesville! None the less, the pressure and turnovers did them in! Great game and Congratulations to the Lady Pioneers!!  Go 4A-3!!

Berryville shot about 66 percent, including 70 percent from deep. I think they shot 32/48 or something close from the field and also 7/10 from deep. But they only shot 7 free throws to Batesvilles 30 and Batesville had a 15-1 steal difference. A ton of points of turnovers too. The press and pace of the game was set by Batesville and I like our chances against anyone with that recipe.

87DAWG

Quote from: MDXPHD on March 08, 2019, 06:33:18 am
Berryville shot about 66 percent, including 70 percent from deep. I think they shot 32/48 or something close from the field and also 7/10 from deep. But they only shot 7 free throws to Batesvilles 30 and Batesville had a 15-1 steal difference. A ton of points of turnovers too. The press and pace of the game was set by Batesville and I like our chances against anyone with that recipe.
+1

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas