• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Magnolia vs. Mills

Started by millsalum, March 02, 2019, 09:23:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

millsalum

Well, it comes down to this.

Mills is the clear favorite in this one, but Magnolia is here for a reason, so you can't count them out.

Let's get it started  8)

Sigmund Sauer

If Magnolia plays like they did tonight, (which I realize is a tall order considering the home court) then Mills has their hands full.

MR.GOMAB

We know we are the underdog and that's ok. We will be ready. Good luck Millsalum!

millsalum

Quote from: MR.GOMAB on March 02, 2019, 09:57:50 pm
We know we are the underdog and that's ok. We will be ready. Good luck Millsalum!

Good luck to you! Looking forward to it! Hopefully the AAA is kind enough to give us a Friday night or Saturday afternoon/evening slot.

beach bum

MR.GOMAB

Quote from: millsalum on March 02, 2019, 10:06:29 pm
Good luck to you! Looking forward to it! Hopefully the AAA is kind enough to give us a Friday night or Saturday afternoon/evening slot.

Yea man that's what I'm hoping for as well!

Lumberjackfan1978

MR.GOMAB

Sports Guru

Mills 102 Magnolia 96 in 3 Overtime's

RedWolf275

Quote from: millsalum on March 02, 2019, 10:06:29 pm

When will the Day/Time be announced

millsalum

RedWolf275

JessieP

Magnolia is the Cinderella of the tournament but the slipper will not fit. Mills by a couple touchdowns. 74-56 Mills.

millsalum

Game time just announced: Saturday at 5:15 PM

MR.GOMAB

Quote from: JessieP on March 03, 2019, 01:55:52 pm
Magnolia is the Cinderella of the tournament but the slipper will not fit. Mills by a couple touchdowns. 74-56 Mills.

Why is everyone considering Magnolia a Cinderella? Was is because of seeding in the State tourney? Because Magnolia has been a top 6 ranked team in 4A majority of the year. 

Saturday at 5:15 is Perfect! Magnolia will be bringing the entire city!! Again...Best of luck to Mills! #GOPANTHERS

Bbal789

Derrian Ford will have about 20 but Mills will be too balanced and experienced. Mills by 13

JessieP

Quote from: MR.GOMAB on March 03, 2019, 02:19:53 pm
Why is everyone considering Magnolia a Cinderella? Was is because of seeding in the State tourney? Because Magnolia has been a top 6 ranked team in 4A majority of the year. 

Saturday at 5:15 is Perfect! Magnolia will be bringing the entire city!! Again...Best of luck to Mills! #GOPANTHERS

I mean Cinderella in the sense no one, no one here or anywhere I read, was picking them to win it all. You heard Mills, Westside, McClellan, Blythville and Mills. Did I mention Mills? They are a great Top 10 team but Cinderella in as far as no one had them in the final. A lot of people had Mills, and a few others had Mills.

MR.GOMAB

March 03, 2019, 09:45:23 pm #17 Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 09:47:50 pm by MR.GOMAB
Quote from: JessieP on March 03, 2019, 09:25:31 pm
I mean Cinderella in the sense no one, no one here or anywhere I read, was picking them to win it all. You heard Mills, Westside, McClellan, Blythville and Mills. Did I mention Mills? They are a great Top 10 team but Cinderella in as far as no one had them in the final. A lot of people had Mills, and a few others had Mills.

Ok I Gotcha! Yea no one had Magnolia picked. Heck to me it seems no one thinks basketball below LR can be relevant this time of year. But hey, they are here and will be ready. #UnderDogs

Lumberjackfan1978

Par 6

Magnolia caught a break losing in the Regional. Train is rolling. Ford, Garland, etc. Playing fast. Mills better not sleep on the Panthers.

STUNNA

Magnolia might not win it this year... but they will win at least one before these freshman are done with school

Sigmund Sauer

RunninJoe

Magnolia 34
Mills        28

Half

Sigmund Sauer

RunninJoe

End of 3

Magnolia  56
Mills         47

AB™

March 09, 2019, 06:49:40 pm #25 Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 06:51:26 pm by AB™
Magnolia - 56
Mills - 47

End of 3rd

Apologies RunninJoe.

Should've refreshed before I posted.

AB™

Mills - 70
Magnolia - 70

Headed to OT

NEark tigers

Oh boy!!

Things have changed.

RunninJoe

Tied at 76 with 1:04 to go. Mills with the ball.

Lumberjackfan1978

This has been an exciting game

RunninJoe

Lumberjackfan1978

RunninJoe

MVP is Derrian Ford (Freshman!)

Bearcat45

Congrats to Magnolia!!  What a game and what a win!!

Bbal789

Magnolia took down Mills and their three-headed monster (Brandon Mccrary, Kevin Cross, and Orion Virden).

HORNET-MAN

Took Them Down..That Ford Kid is a Beast.

AB™

Based on what I've gleaned, this was a pretty big upset, correct?

What does Magnolia have coming back next year and beyond? 

MR.GOMAB

Much respect to LR Mills...What a Team!!

MAGNOLIA PANTHERS!!!!!! Been raving all year about The Stud Freshman Duo of Ford and Garland and they put on a show tonight. Ford MVP with 28 and clutch baskets down the stretch, Garland 21 Points HUGE three pointers and defensive plays. Magnolia is returning everyone but #1 Roach (ULM football signee) and #2 Strickland. Bring up fellow freshman guard Adrian Walker. Magnolia will be a problem for the next three years. Go Panthers!!! So proud of them!!

millsalum

What a game! I feel so bad for the Mills kids though. I think Magnolia just caught a couple of big breaks down the stretch that Mills didn't. But that's just how it goes sometimes.
We could talk about the referees all night, because they definitely made some questionable calls down the stretch on both ends; BUT the nature of the beast is that the referees are human too. It's unreasonable to expect perfection from them anyway!
Hats off to Magnolia. They took advantage of Mills' missed opportunities and had a fantastic night from the field and at the free throw line. I won't be surprised to see them in the state title game for the next few years!

WattsOzark

I can go the rest of my life without saying those three officials again. I feel like they were told to swallow their whistles at halftime because the way they called the game changed completely or do you need some way it was still just as terrible as the first half.

JessieP

Hats off to Magnolia, they pulled off the upset of the tournament. Great game to watch and those Magnolia freshman were incredible. Mills got it's lunch eaten by a 14 year old. That last play, was he fouled? Of course he was but it's his fault they were in that desperation scenario. The 5 second call a minute earlier was inexcusable, pure unadulterated ego. Pass the ball, call timeout but don't hold it until you can make your Sportscenter highlight. The no call at the end is not why they lost, they lost because they played "Clear out and I'll drive" basketball, Magnolia played team basketball. While Goliath was checking himself out in the mirror, David was winning state. Magnolia won because Magnolia played better, the refs had nothing to do with it.

MR.GOMAB

Here is that last play from a better angle. Looked like Ford got all ball to me.

ISU7

Quote from: JessieP on March 10, 2019, 12:33:21 am
Hats off to Magnolia, they pulled off the upset of the tournament. Great game to watch and those Magnolia freshman were incredible. Mills got it's lunch eaten by a 14 year old. That last play, was he fouled? Of course he was but it's his fault they were in that desperation scenario. The 5 second call a minute earlier was inexcusable, pure unadulterated ego. Pass the ball, call timeout but don't hold it until you can make your Sportscenter highlight. The no call at the end is not why they lost, they lost because they played "Clear out and I'll drive" basketball, Magnolia played team basketball. While Goliath was checking himself out in the mirror, David was winning state. Magnolia won because Magnolia played better, the refs had nothing to do with it.
+1

FoxandHound34

What happened to the Peaster kid that was at Mills?? I didn't see him play last night did he move or something?

MR.GOMAB

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on March 10, 2019, 10:33:06 am
What happened to the Peaster kid that was at Mills?? I didn't see him play last night did he move or something?

Moved to a Prep school in Tennessee before the regional Tourney I heard.

scrapdig

Quote from: MR.GOMAB on March 10, 2019, 01:39:04 pm
WTH?

RedWolf275

Quote from: MR.GOMAB on March 10, 2019, 01:39:04 pm

I am impressed with his loyalty to his teammates!

Missco

He got kicked off, I think. That is why he moved to the prep school.

UncleRico

Quote from: Missco on March 10, 2019, 06:46:45 pm
He got kicked off, I think. That is why he moved to the prep school.
Not sure what the issues were, but He didn't get kicked off.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: millsalum on March 09, 2019, 09:13:43 pm
What a game! I feel so bad for the Mills kids though. I think Magnolia just caught a couple of big breaks down the stretch that Mills didn't. But that's just how it goes sometimes.
We could talk about the referees all night, because they definitely made some questionable calls down the stretch on both ends; BUT the nature of the beast is that the referees are human too. It's unreasonable to expect perfection from them anyway!
Hats off to Magnolia. They took advantage of Mills' missed opportunities and had a fantastic night from the field and at the free throw line. I won't be surprised to see them in the state title game for the next few years!
Yep Magnolia should be tough next couple of years for sure

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas