• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Westside vs Magnolia

Started by WestsideFan17, March 01, 2019, 11:10:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who y'all got?

Westside
3 (10.3%)
Magnolia
9 (31%)
Westside 5+
5 (17.2%)
Magnolia 5+
12 (41.4%)

Total Members Voted: 29

WestsideFan17

Who do y'all got for this matchup? Prediction and chat room.

Mr.Magnolia06

Magnolia 61-56,,,free throws will determine this on just like the others,,,,,, meaning magnolia have to do better then they been doing so far at the line,,, going to put their big men in foul trouble

jmc21

Quote from: Mr.Magnolia06 on March 01, 2019, 11:31:11 pm
Magnolia 61-56,,,free throws will determine this on just like the others,,,,,, meaning magnolia have to do better then they been doing so far at the line,,, going to put their big men in foul trouble

I admittedly know very little about Magnolia, but seeing as you said they're going to have to do better at the line than they have been so far, I'm going to go on a limb and say you aren't going to want to get in a free throw contest with Westside. By your very admission of Magnolia's free throw shooting, and if you're saying free throws will determine it, I'm feeling better about Westside moving on.

Mr.Magnolia06

It's crazy because they was good in the regular season,, and freshmen not use to the big stage like this,,,, but like I said it's going to come down to the line and I seen westside at that line,, that's how they pulled that last win off,, great players at westside

Blue Racer

It should be a good game tonight both teams coming off a big win last night. Westside will be in a very hostile environment tonight but it's not their first time and definitely not their last. Both teams have 2 like opponents in Star City and Blytheville but that don't mean  squat it comes down to which team executes their game plan the best and has the ball bounce in there favor. I stated earlier in a different thread that I hope Westside has 4 more wins left in their tank I hope they keep it going tonight. GO WESTSIDE

jmc21

Quote from: Mr.Magnolia06 on March 02, 2019, 12:46:07 am
It's crazy because they was good in the regular season,, and freshmen not use to the big stage like this,,,, but like I said it's going to come down to the line and I seen westside at that line,, that's how they pulled that last win off,, great players at westside

Good luck tonight. Playing the host school in the state tournament is just as tough as playing a team that's been to this stage of the tournament before. It should be a good one.

J12

J12

For all of you that griped about officiating and technicals, we're taking the cake tonight.

JessieP

J12, what is going on? This is not the Westside from last night. They are melting down. Does number 35 realize he's allowed to pass the ball off? Tonight he's a black hole.

J12

Haven't seen us play this bad all year. Timing isn't the best.

This Magnolia team will be strong for years to come.

J12

Mills will get them on a neutral floor with decent refs and it might not be close.

As I type, the refs hit another technical. Hahaha

Sigmund Sauer

Wow, not only did I not expect a Magnolia win, I sure didn't expect to see any thumpings like this so late in the tourney! Hats off to Magnolia and I'll be the first to admit I doubted them.

bbfb2016

How many techs were called? And what for?

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: bbfb2016 on March 02, 2019, 08:48:30 pm
How many techs were called? And what for?
Last tech was against Magnolia. A score THIS lopsided is not a ref issue. I wonder if Westside didn't get much sleep staying in a hotel overnight?

J12

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on March 02, 2019, 08:50:06 pm
Last tech was against Magnolia. A score THIS lopsided is not a ref issue. I wonder if Westside didn't get much sleep staying in a hotel overnight?

I don't think anyone is blaming officiating. At least I am not. We were outplayed from the opening whistle by a better team tonight.

3 technicals are whatever.  Hate to see it. Good luck to Magnolia moving forward.

beach bum

This is why basketball postseason is WAAAAY more exciting than football....

Just think this Magnolia team lost to a 1A team twice albeit a really good 1A team, gets hot at the right time and is now playing for a state title.

Basketball is so much more exciting cause matchup styles matter more, as well as things like a team being hot from the 3 point line, and foul trouble as just a few of many variables that make basketball much more thrilling than where in football the more athletic, physically imposing team wins practically every time.

J12

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on March 02, 2019, 08:50:06 pm

They were at the same hotel since Wednesday. If anything it was fatigue. But it was a hot magnolia team on their home floor. That was the worse lost Westside has suffered in 4 years.

We've played 7A teams, we've played state championship teams, nothing like what happened tonight.  Again though, I think Mills gets them on a neutral floor next week.

LRRandy

How many Westside basketball players does it take to change a flat tire??

One

Unless it's a blowout, then the whole team shows up.

J12

Quote from: LRRandy on March 02, 2019, 09:08:01 pm
How many Westside basketball players does it take to change a flat tire??

One

Unless it's a blowout, then the whole team shows up.

Appreciate you chiming in. Hate that you went MIA last night after you got beat. Thanks for always keeping it classy. You represent Prep very well.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: J12 on March 02, 2019, 09:03:31 pm
They were at the same hotel since Wednesday. If anything it was fatigue. But it was a hot magnolia team on their home floor. That was the worse lost Westside has suffered in 4 years.

We've played 7A teams, we've played state championship teams, nothing like what happened tonight.  Again though, I think Mills gets them on a neutral floor next week.
Coaches hate staying with teams at hotels. You just never know how much sleep they'll actually get regardless of how well they're monitored.

Mr.Magnolia06

To everyone bringing up the lost against Nevada the 1A school,,, that is a pretty good team great which magnolia support them also,, Nevada also going to the championship ,,,keep the A's and schools size out of that and once again keep the negativity coming we feed off that magnolia by 7 lol once again watch

LRRandy

Quote from: J12 on March 02, 2019, 09:09:50 pm
Appreciate you chiming in. Hate that you went MIA last night after you got beat. Thanks for always keeping it classy. You represent Prep very well.
I posted when they lost. By 2. At the buzzer. After winning three 4a state championships in a row. Paths are a little different huh.

J12

Quote from: LRRandy on March 02, 2019, 09:26:45 pm
I posted when they lost. By 2. At the buzzer. After winning three 4a state championships in a row. Paths are a little different huh.

It's all good. I appreciate all the comic relief you've brought to the board. Not much else, but definitely a good laugh.

LRRandy

Quote from: J12 on March 02, 2019, 09:28:28 pm
It's all good. I appreciate all the comic relief you've brought to the board. Not much else, but definitely a good laugh.
that's exactly right. It's just a message board. Salute. Adios.

millsalum

March 02, 2019, 09:38:00 pm #24 Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 09:39:51 pm by millsalum
Quote from: Mr.Magnolia06 on March 02, 2019, 09:11:38 pm
To everyone bringing up the lost against Nevada the 1A school,,, that is a pretty good team great which magnolia support them also,, Nevada also going to the championship ,,,keep the A's and schools size out of that and once again keep the negativity coming we feed off that magnolia by 7 lol once again watch

Uhhh...has anybody mentioned Nevada in this thread?

J12

Quote from: millsalum on March 02, 2019, 09:38:00 pm
Uhhh...has anybody mentioned Nevada in this thread?

Just let him go. He's on a roll.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: J12 on March 02, 2019, 09:38:43 pm
Just let him go. He's on a roll.
The chip usually falls off a person's shoulder after a big win.

MR.GOMAB

As a Magnolia Fan...Nothing but respect to Westside!! They had a wonderful season and they have some great young men! Magnolia came to play tonight and I was proud of them especially our Freshman duo of Ford and Garland. I do think those Technical fouls on the Westside players were stupid. The refs are horrible period. Neutral floor next week and we will be ready for The Mills Comets. I really like Felkins game...So smooth! Safe travels to Westside!

millsalum

March 02, 2019, 09:54:19 pm #28 Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 09:55:53 pm by millsalum
I'm not trying to discredit Magnolia, but it seems like they were on the right end of a perfect storm tonight. To my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong), Westside played sub-par. Home court advantage had to play a part too. I honestly expected this game to be closer, but the real heart-stopper was Mills/McClellan.

My question is, how will Magnolia and Mills match up with each other? Has anybody seen both of these teams play? We know Magnolia has sensational freshmen, and we know Mills has sensational, seasoned seniors. Aside from the neutral court, what else will be a factor?

J12

Quote from: millsalum on March 02, 2019, 09:54:19 pm
I'm not trying to discredit Magnolia, but it seems like they were on the right end of a perfect storm tonight. To my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong), Westside played sub-par. Home court advantage had to play a part too. I honestly expected this game to be closer, but the real heart-stopper was Mills/McClellan.

My question is, how will Magnolia and Mills match up with each other? Has anybody seen both of these teams play?

Westside had basically a home court advantage last year. We played 20 min from campus &the crowd was in our favor every night. It happens.

Magnolia will struggle away from that gym against a good Mills team. No disrespect to Magnolia. They will be good for next few years. But the let down ya get away from home plus a great Mills team, should be enough to see LR Mills win comfortably.

MR.GOMAB

Magnolia has won 23 games this year. They all were not home games 🤷🏾‍♂️ They will be ready. Again good luck.

Hogman2018

Quote from: J12 on March 02, 2019, 08:29:13 pm
For all of you that griped about officiating and technicals, we're taking the cake tonight.
I was at the game tonight and I'm from Texarkana with no dog in the fight!! Westside deserved every Tech they got because they whined about every call. Coach had no control over his kids!!

J12

Quote from: Hogman2018 on March 02, 2019, 10:50:22 pm
I was at the game tonight and I'm from Texarkana with no dog in the fight!! Westside deserved every Tech they got because they whined about every call. Coach had no control over his kids!!

Ok!!! Got it!!!  Wooo!!!

CoachBobbyT

Quote from: J12 on March 02, 2019, 09:03:31 pm

Did you forget about last year's blowout in Hot Springs?

J12

Hogman2018

Quote from: J12 on March 02, 2019, 11:00:26 pm
Ok!!! Got it!!!  Wooo!!!
Them attitudes must be in the water at Westside because you have one too! Wooooo

J12

Quote from: Hogman2018 on March 03, 2019, 08:32:07 am
Them attitudes must be in the water at Westside because you have one too! Wooooo

No. We value youe opinion. Please bring more.

scrapdig

Shocked this kid from Westside has an offer from Arkie St.  Do not see it at all.  Very good HS player. 

RunninJoe

Quote from: scrapdig on March 03, 2019, 01:46:35 pm
Shocked this kid from Westside has an offer from Arkie St.  Do not see it at all.  Very good HS player.

I'm not a Westside fan but I see the kid has tremendous talent. If you're trying to discredit him you're just being a jerk.

J12

Quote from: scrapdig on March 03, 2019, 01:46:35 pm

I'll be sure to pass along the opinion. I'm sure he'll be devestaed to hear this.

NEA Razorback olfan

ASU is getting a very talented player in Felts!!
I'm not a Westside fan as J12 knows , lol  but I wish the best for Avery!!
Good to see local talent get an opportunity to play at the next level.

scrapdig

Quote from: J12 on March 03, 2019, 02:40:48 pm
I'll be sure to pass along the opinion. I'm sure he'll be devestaed to hear this.
I wasn't in the minority on that opinion at the tournament. 

J12

March 04, 2019, 09:11:58 am #42 Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 09:15:15 am by J12
Quote from: scrapdig on March 04, 2019, 08:37:09 am
I wasn't in the minority on that opinion at the tournament.

This is the second thread you've chimed in about Avery Felts. We get it.

I'm glad your opinion is what it is. It won't change many people's mind either way.  Maybe to your displeasure  he'll continue his basketball career at a Division 1 school.  Maybe you'll feel better for letting us know how you feel.

That's good for you. You let everyone know what you think.

boss85

I have wondered myself about Felts playing at the next level. But I'll tell anyone that will listen that he is a fierce competitor that should never be underestimated. He took over the semifinal game against Southside last year and willed them to a win. I've seen him take over games a few times. I think he will do fine at ASU because of that will to win and competitiveness.

Sigmund Sauer

March 04, 2019, 09:09:00 pm #44 Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 09:23:08 pm by Sigmund Sauer
I can't ever see a reason to come on this group just to proclaim your doubt in a player who has been selected to play at the next level. Then to proclaim it multiple times. Then to suggest how others agreed, yeah right. It is classless and immature. Let's build these young athletes up, not come on here and break them down in a passive aggressive manner. Yeah, I know why you worded it the way you did scrapdig.......so that when we call you out on it you could go with the "but I did say he was a great HS player," line. Get outta here with that nonsense! At least LET IT GO ::)

J12

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on March 04, 2019, 09:09:00 pm
I can't ever see a reason to come on this group just to proclaim your doubt in a player who has been selected to play at the next level. Then to proclaim it multiple times. Then to suggest how others agreed, yeah right. It is classless and immature. Let's build these young athletes up, not come on here and break them down in a passive aggressive manner. Yeah, I know why you worded it the way you did scrapdig.......so that when we call you out on it you could go with the "but I did say he was a great HS player," line. Get outta here with that nonsense! At least LET IT GO ::)

Felts is a good kid on and off the floor. He played baseball for an elite organization in Memphis that produces SEC players every year.  Take a look for yourself - https://dulinsdodgers.com/dodgers-major-league-baseball/ - he has great upside in baseball if he ever chooses to pursue that route.

Point being - irks me to no end to try and crap on kids who does things right when ao many, especially on the AAU level, are out here trading one years worth of "college" for cash and sponsorships with shoe companies.

Don't get me started on the overall sports IQ level at the state tournament in Magnolia. Folks here on this board have represented the town and school very well (not directed at you), but it was a far cry from some of the stories I've heard from the experience there last week.

To say you were in the majority of thinking with people at that tournament, is nothing to brag about.

MR.GOMAB

Quote from: J12 on March 04, 2019, 09:46:13 pm

Felts is a good kid on and off the floor. He played baseball for an elite organization in Memphis that produces SEC players every year.  Take a look for yourself - https://dulinsdodgers.com/dodgers-major-league-baseball/ - he has great upside in baseball if he ever chooses to pursue that route.

Point being - irks me to no end to try and crap on kids who does things right when ao many, especially on the AAU level, are out here trading one years worth of "college" for cash and sponsorships with shoe companies.

Don't get me started on the overall sports IQ level at the state tournament in Magnolia. Folks here on this board have represented the town and school very well (not directed at you), but it was a far cry from some of the stories I've heard from the experience there last week.

To say you were in the majority of thinking with people at that tournament, is nothing to brag about.

You must ran into some clueless individuals when you were down here?

J12

Quote from: MR.GOMAB on March 04, 2019, 11:30:01 pm
You must ran into some clueless individuals when you were down here?

A few

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas