• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

28-23???

Started by Yellowcake, February 24, 2019, 08:43:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Yellowcake

Can someone please explain how this score happened?
Someone just decide to hold the ball?
Just seems like an awfully low scoring game.

JessieP

Quote from: Yellowcake on February 24, 2019, 08:43:25 am
Can someone please explain how this score happened?
Someone just decide to hold the ball?
Just seems like an awfully low scoring game.

There are some coaches who believe that the main thrust of their job is win at any cost. Improving the team or teaching/coaching the kids is not important. Brookland held the ball for 6 minutes one game, not slowed it down, not went to 4 corners they had the girl put the ball on her hip and stand there. Yes, they should use every weapon in their arsenal to win but not take it that far. Some coaches are content to give these kids 10 minutes of actually playing. I have never heard one single explanation as to why we don't have a shot clock.

JessieP

As a post script to my previous post let me say yes, Yellowcake and I came face to face after the game. We had a heated debate Friday night that some feared was getting personal. In the parking lot it came to blows, he was tagging me with jabs and uppercuts to I employed my arsenal. I fell to the ground and screamed like a teenage girl "I'm a hemophiliac", when he bent down to see if I was OK I sprayed him with mace, kicked him south of the border and sprinted to my car. Victory JessieP.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: JessieP on February 24, 2019, 09:38:54 am
There are some coaches who believe that the main thrust of their job is win at any cost. Improving the team or teaching/coaching the kids is not important. Brookland held the ball for 6 minutes one game, not slowed it down, not went to 4 corners they had the girl put the ball on her hip and stand there. Yes, they should use every weapon in their arsenal to win but not take it that far. Some coaches are content to give these kids 10 minutes of actually playing. I have never heard one single explanation as to why we don't have a shot clock.

Who won that game?

JessieP

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 24, 2019, 09:48:08 am
Who won that game?

Brookland won. It's their lucky fluke win against Batesville after suffering 3 double digit losses. It was Appalachian State?Michigan, David/Goliath or the Miracle on Ice. It was an attempt to avoid another mercy ruled loss and they actually won. Kudos to them for being the blind squirrel who stumbled onto the nut.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: JessieP on February 24, 2019, 09:59:00 am
Brookland won. It's their lucky fluke win against Batesville after suffering 3 double digit losses. It was Appalachian State?Michigan, David/Goliath or the Miracle on Ice. It was an attempt to avoid another mercy ruled loss and they actually won. Kudos to them for being the blind squirrel who stumbled onto the nut.

So how bad is Brookland in your opinion?

RunninJoe

Back to the topic:

The score you've referenced was at the end of 3 quarters. The final score was 39-32. It's still a low scoring game, but not as low as you're thinking.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: JessieP on February 24, 2019, 09:59:00 am

I hate it when coaches teach students to try something different to avoid failure...

NEA Razorback olfan

Well Jessie , you might not respect Brookland but we respect Batesville, Coach Fowler does a great job !! The girls play extremely hard but with great sportsmanship!!
First class program!!

JessieP

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 24, 2019, 10:39:01 am
I hate it when coaches teach students to try something different to avoid failure...

I stand corrected. I guess it was teaching. Teaching kids that standing toe to toe, to fear your opponent and admit that fear is still teaching. I also finally have an answer to my other question. Telling kids across the state that having to play start to finish, that you must compete every 45 seconds regardless of your opponent or the score, that when life gets hard avoid the difficulties, that there is a way to slink away from adversity is in fact a lesson learned. That is by definition teaching, quod erat demonstrandum.

sevenof400

Quote from: JessieP on February 24, 2019, 09:38:54 am

GO PLAY DEFENSE!

JessieP

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 24, 2019, 10:42:38 am
Well Jessie , you might not respect Brookland but we respect Batesville, Coach Fowler does a great job !! The girls play extremely hard but with great sportsmanship!!
First class program!!

I have a lot of respect for Brookland. They have one of the best players in the state. Their roster is full of undersized gritty athletes, their record speaks for itself. They consistently win and have great support and an enthusiastic fan base. My issue is with a coach who's philosophy is to play not to lose as opposed to play to win it. Brookland is very deserving of the fact their still playing. They may be top heavy with one player but one player wouldn't explain being one of the final 12 standing. It may be in issue from this point on but never dismiss a superstar. Last night Batesville had the game in hand with about 3 minutes left, the lead was 18. PA kept coming at them, they were diving for balls, pressing and fouling out. With 33 seconds left and down by 12 they were full court pressing, fouling and calling timeouts. They fought like it was a tie game when they were down 10 with 3 seconds left. That's coaching, that's teaching. That's why I fully expect to see them again this year.   

JessieP

February 24, 2019, 11:11:59 am #12 Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 11:16:10 am by JessieP
Quote from: sevenof400 on February 24, 2019, 11:00:59 am
GO PLAY DEFENSE!

It boggles the mind how people can't comprehend the thrust of the post. It wasn't written in Biblical Aramaic. The Easter Island offense wasn't what caused the loss, the outcome of the game isn't the point. It was never given as an excuse for that or any loss. There have been many post discussing holding the ball, the majority of which were not by me, by numerous people and they all say it's a disgusting chicken doo doo way of playing. It undermines the players and frustrates the fans. Players and backers of teams who have used the tactic and won don't like it, if they truly understand basketball or competition. 

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: JessieP on February 24, 2019, 11:02:32 am
I have a lot of respect for Brookland. They have one of the best players in the state. Their roster is full of undersized gritty athletes, their record speaks for itself. They consistently win and have great support and an enthusiastic fan base. My issue is with a coach who's philosophy is to play not to lose as opposed to play to win it. Brookland is very deserving of the fact their still playing. They may be top heavy with one player but one player wouldn't explain being one of the final 12 standing. It may be in issue from this point on but never dismiss a superstar. Last night Batesville had the game in hand with about 3 minutes left, the lead was 18. PA kept coming at them, they were diving for balls, pressing and fouling out. With 33 seconds left and down by 12 they were full court pressing, fouling and calling timeouts. They fought like it was a tie game when they were down 10 with 3 seconds left. That's coaching, that's teaching. That's why I fully expect to see them again this year.

Thank you Sir, for the kind words !!
All a coach can do is get the best out of his players...we just try and play hard and get better every game....
I'm not a High School coach, but I would say that making adjustments whether it's defense or offense is crucial. Knowing what the other teams strengths and weaknesses are,  you adjust accordingly with your teams personnel.
Teaching your team that in life you have to make adjustments and corrections. Not just doing the same thing expecting a different outcome.
Saying that , I would say that holding the ball for 5 min was more to draw the defense out and force them into a man to man to get more iso with Ford. Who had 27 pts believe ...but I could be wrong.
Batesville thrives on defensive turnovers into explosive scoring spurts on fast breaks...
That is how they pulled away from PA.
Congratulations to the Lady Pioneers!

sevenof400

Quote from: JessieP on February 24, 2019, 11:11:59 am
It boggles the mind how people can't comprehend the thrust of the post. It wasn't written in Biblical Aramaic. The Easter Island offense wasn't what caused the loss, the outcome of the game isn't the point. It was never given as an excuse for that or any loss. There have been many post discussing holding the ball, the majority of which were not by me, by numerous people and they all say it's a disgusting chicken doo doo way of playing. It undermines the players and frustrates the fans. Players and backers of teams who have used the tactic and won don't like it, if they truly understand basketball or competition.

You think holding the ball is a disgusting way of playing offense - go play defense! 

Why do people make this so complicated?  Defense is just as important to the success of a team as is offense.  It is NOT a universally held truth that holding the ball is (as you put it) a "disgusting chicken doo doo way of playing".  It IS a universal truth that holding the ball is an attempt to force the other team to play at your desired pace (for whatever reasons). 

Let's even double down here - The shot clock is the lazy (wo)man's way of avoiding having to play defense!

I, for one, love seeing a team given little to no chance of winning frustrate the beejezers out of the opposition by imposing its will (thus setting the pace of play) in a game and forcing the (supposedly) better opponent to play at a pace they are not use to. 

THE HIGH SCHOOL GAME SHOULD -NEVER- BE INFECTED WITH A SHOT CLOCK!

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 24, 2019, 11:45:44 am
You think holding the ball is a disgusting way of playing offense - go play defense! 

Why do people make this so complicated?  Defense is just as important to the success of a team as is offense.  It is NOT a universally held truth that holding the ball is (as you put it) a "disgusting chicken doo doo way of playing".  It IS a universal truth that holding the ball is an attempt to force the other team to play at your desired pace (for whatever reasons). 

Let's even double down here - The shot clock is the lazy (wo)man's way of avoiding having to play defense!

I, for one, love seeing a team given little to no chance of winning frustrate the beejezers out of the opposition by imposing its will (thus setting the pace of play) in a game and forcing the (supposedly) better opponent to play at a pace they are not use to. 

Well said!!
Agree 100%

JessieP

JessieP

February 24, 2019, 01:05:53 pm #17 Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 01:10:12 pm by JessieP

That is an archaic interpretation of the shot clock. The lazy man's way of avoiding having to play defense? really? Yeah, it's pretty lazy having to hustle back and get ready to engage in 35 seconds. Trotting down court knowing you may be on defense for 2 seconds or 6 minutes, that's strenuous. There is NOTHING lazy about playing under the threat of that buzzer. 8 States currently have a shot clock with 4 more implementing it next year. Among those 8 states are California, New York, Massachusetts and Maryland. Los Angeles, Baltimore, Boston and the greater New York metroplex are sure known for their lazy form of basketball. I think I read somewhere that those area's may have produced an average player or two, yeah I'm pretty sure I saw that. South Dakota and Washington have shot clocks as well and they produce an exponentially higher number of scholarship players then states with similar populations.

At the last NFHS National convention Dr Karissa Niehoff (Executive Director) said a Nationwide shot clock rule is now a matter of when not if. For years it was parents and fans wanting it now colleges are saying it's putting our kids way behind European players in development and basic skills. In Europe they can't fathom basketball without it. She stated that the only argument against it at this point is financial. It would require outfitting every high school, no matter how small, with the necessary equipment.

I realize that a lot of people long for the good old day's. Many will argue that the Lakers/Celtics of the 80's would crush the players of today. Some would argue that the Wilt/Bill Russell day's would crush Magic/Bird.  A lot of people don't want a shot clock and some people want it to still be guys with crew cuts, tiny shorts, socks pulled up to the knees, high top black Converse and underhand free throws. The shot clock is coming, even to us, and the majority of people say "Thank God". We're tired of watching our kids learn lazy basketball.

Bulldog92

It is Sunday and my mother told me that if I could not say something nice to pray. Let it go JessieP y'all got beat by a coach whonon that night out coached your coach period end of the discussion. They are correct when they tell you the only way to play against the "STALL GAME" is to PLAY DEFENSE period. It's happened to a lot of teams over the years and when the time comes for your coach to implement that "STRATEGY " he will because it will allow his team to win!!!  Which, it sounds like you don't know this, winning is what coaches are hired to do and the reason kids play the game!!  IT IS WHY THE KIDS PLAY THE GAME, TO WIN!!!!!!  Y'all all have a great day and hope to see some of y'all in Magnolia!!!

J12

I'm anxious to see when the next thread about this subject will start!!

JessieP

Quote from: Bulldog92 on February 24, 2019, 02:08:24 pm
It is Sunday and my mother told me that if I could not say something nice to pray. Let it go JessieP y'all got beat by a coach whonon that night out coached your coach period end of the discussion. They are correct when they tell you the only way to play against the "STALL GAME" is to PLAY DEFENSE period. It's happened to a lot of teams over the years and when the time comes for your coach to implement that "STRATEGY " he will because it will allow his team to win!!!  Which, it sounds like you don't know this, winning is what coaches are hired to do and the reason kids play the game!!  IT IS WHY THE KIDS PLAY THE GAME, TO WIN!!!!!!  Y'all all have a great day and hope to see some of y'all in Magnolia!!!

Again with the outcome of the game. My goodness, they don't get and they'll never get it. The only time frustration has very been discussed was here, the Batesville/Brookland game. You are spot on correct, it has never been brought up before. You win, I'm sorry for stating my opinion, and that of the majority of basketball fans, that style of play has never been brought up before. I can at least take comfort in the fact that the kids playing in jr high as we speak will have a shot clock.

athletic supporter

Quote from: JessieP on February 24, 2019, 11:02:32 am

Apparently he was playing to win it AND IT WORKED.

Frank Abagnale Jr.

I believe the shot clock is an important aspect of basketball, which is why it's at all the other levels. I'm not sure if High school necessarily needs it, but it would add another level of excitement in my opinion.

I also highly doubt coach Fowler got outcoached, as one Brookland supporter said. He may have lost, but that doesn't mean he was outcoached. It happens. Brookland seems to have a good, young coach leading them and they will continue to have success if he stays put. Is he related to the Baltz family from Pocahontas?

User870

Quote from: Bulldog92 on February 24, 2019, 02:08:24 pm

I doubt Fowler will use the stall game while he's at Batesville. He'll probably just continue to own Brookland without it. Junior high seemed to own Brookland this year as well, so y'all just get used to it.

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland Jr girls started 3
7th graders

JessieP

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 24, 2019, 05:34:12 pm
Brookland Jr girls started 3
7th graders

Allright folks, lets pump the breaks a bit. What's next? Batesville kindergarten center has 2 girls that can dunk? Brookland's toddlers dominated the Fisher Price circuit? Batesville has pregnant women who hold speakers over their belly while ball handling tutorial tapes play? 

Bulldog92

Has Batesville been significant in girls basketball up until this year???

User870

Quote from: Bulldog92 on February 24, 2019, 05:45:36 pm

Significant? No, not in recent years. Somewhat relevant. Great coach and some good talent coming through for the next few years though, so we will sit back and enjoy the ride if you'll allow it. I didn't know we had to be good in the past to have a chance this year. 

Bulldog92

Just wondering if over the past few years while yall were in 5A y'all were as dominant as y'all are this year playing 4A?  Seems like a very good question for you to answer for those of us who don't know anything??

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: JessieP on February 24, 2019, 05:45:07 pm
Allright folks, lets pump the breaks a bit. What's next? Batesville kindergarten center has 2 girls that can dunk? Brookland's toddlers dominated the Fisher Price circuit? Batesville has pregnant women who hold speakers over their belly while ball handling tutorial tapes play?

No , you brought up handling our  Jr high girls ....., and we did start 3 7th graders, an 8th grader and Freshman ....they worked hard to improve every game...being outsized and the youngest out there every  night ,  ....I was proud of them , their best game was getting a win vs Westside.
They lost first rd of Jr district vs VV

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Frank Abagnale Jr. on February 24, 2019, 04:45:04 pm
I believe the shot clock is an important aspect of basketball, which is why it's at all the other levels. I'm not sure if High school necessarily needs it, but it would add another level of excitement in my opinion.

I also highly doubt coach Fowler got outcoached, as one Brookland supporter said. He may have lost, but that doesn't mean he was outcoached. It happens. Brookland seems to have a good, young coach leading them and they will continue to have success if he stays put. Is he related to the Baltz family from Pocahontas?

Yes Coach Baltz is from Pocahontas, great coach!!

Frank Abagnale Jr.

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 24, 2019, 06:11:50 pm
Yes Coach Baltz is from Pocahontas, great coach!!

I assumed so. Thanks.

JessieP

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 24, 2019, 06:03:37 pm

No , you brought up handling our  Jr high girls ....., and we did start 3 7th graders, an 8th grader and Freshman ....they worked hard to improve every game...being outsized and the youngest out there every  night ,  ....I was proud of them , their best game was getting a win vs Westside.
They lost first rd of Jr district vs VV

You may want to recheck the posts. I never said anything about anyone's jr high anything.

JessieP

Quote from: Bulldog92 on February 24, 2019, 05:45:36 pm

Two or three years ago they lost in the championship to Hot Springs but they have never been this good.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: User870 on February 24, 2019, 05:11:31 pm
I doubt Fowler will use the stall game while he's at Batesville. He'll probably just continue to own Brookland without it. Junior high seemed to own Brookland this year as well, so y'all just get used to it.

Not you Jessie

JessieP

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 24, 2019, 09:12:25 pm
Not you Jessie

Having grown up in a big city with every pro sports franchise and a few universities I am somewhat new to die hard high school supporting. I love Batesville because I live in Batesville, the Pioneers are the only game in town. I draw the line at high school. If someone tells me "The junior Pioneers won" I would say good. I couldn't tell you one thing about them. I do love the way small towns rally around their schools, it's very cool. When I played NO ONE gave a toss about us, not even our parents, lol. We would have crowds of up to 60 people.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: JessieP on February 24, 2019, 09:24:50 pm
Having grown up in a big city with every pro sports franchise and a few universities I am somewhat new to die hard high school supporting. I love Batesville because I live in Batesville, the Pioneers are the only game in town. I draw the line at high school. If someone tells me "The junior Pioneers won" I would say good. I couldn't tell you one thing about them. I do love the way small towns rally around their schools, it's very cool. When I played NO ONE gave a toss about us, not even our parents, lol. We would have crowds of up to 60 people.

We are just a small town , we support our teams, they work hard. We may not be blessed with greatest talent but we try and support our boys and girls every year ...Win or lose

OB11

This is why I like baseball. No clock (for now), every player gets their turn to fail/succeed, and you have to get every out. No stalling or running out the clock.

Intelligentsia

March 04, 2019, 08:08:44 pm #38 Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 08:21:57 pm by Intelligentsia
Quote from: JessieP on February 24, 2019, 08:58:28 pm
Two or three years ago they lost in the championship to Hot Springs but they have never been this good.

You must be a youngster, Jessie.  The Lady Pioneer teams on the late 70's / 80's were every bit as good.  State Champs in 1988 and back to back state champs in 1982 & 1983, led, arguably by the best girl to play basketball in Independence County, Tracey Webb.  She then went on to a highly successful 4 years at UofA, and is in the Razorback and State Athletic Hall of Fame.  Yes, the Lady Pioneers have been very good/great before.  BTW, the 1983 team won the Overall State Championship, back when the winner of each classification played to determine the best of the best.

Intelligentsia

Sorry, couldn't help myself.  Off thread, but in response to the question about Batesville's past Girls basketball accomplishments, I just had to post this about the most famous of our past players, who led the Pioneers to back to back championships in '82 & '83 (also the overall in '83), and then led the Lady Razorbacks to some national recognition:. (From the UofA Website)
Tracy Webb Rice -- Hall Of Honor
November 7, 2014
The fourth Lady Razorback basketball player inducted into the Arkansas Sports Hall of Honor, Tracy Webb Rice was the fiery leader of the basketball team during its climb to power in the Southwest Conference era. Webb's scrappy play resulted in four consecutive 20-win seasons, the Lady'Backs' first NCAA tournament appearance and first major title with the 1987 National Women's Invitational Tournament. The leader of a recruiting class that put Arkansas on the map, the Batesville, Ark., native stole more than the basketball during her four-year career. Aside from 293 basketballs, Webb stole the show and the hearts of Lady'Back fans as one of the most popular on-the-court personalities of the mid-1980s. The first true point guard star, Webb finished her career holding almost all the Lady Razorback assist and steal records. She was the first Lady'Back player to earn "first team" all-Southwest Conference honors, a distinction that began her senior season. She was also one of the first three Lady'Backs named conference player of the week. Her junior season team was the first in school history to earn an NCAA berth, losing by a point at Missouri in the opening round, 66-65. Her senior season was exciting as the Lady'Backs missed beating #1-ranked UT by a bucket in Fayetteville (59-56) and at the SWC Tournament (72-70), then was overlooked for a return trip to the NCAA. Fueled to prove they belonged in the NCAA, Webb's team crushed the WNIT field by a 16-point average as she was named the tournament MVP.

boss85

Webb was an awesome athlete and basketball and tennis player. Probably the best  female athlete I ever saw.

Cardfan1

Quote from: JessieP on February 24, 2019, 08:58:28 pm

Wanted to update this part of the thread:

There is some history for Batesville girls basketball dating back into the 80's. It appeared to slip a little in following that run but in the last 5 years, Coach Fowler's groups have had a good level of success.

2015 Batesville made it to quarterfinals of 5A State, lost to Farmington
2016 Batesville made it to Semifinals of 5A State, lost to Watson Chapel
2017 Batesville made it to Quartefinals of 5A State, lost to Farmington
2018 Batesville made it to Quarterfinals of 5A State, lost to Hot Springs

There has been a pattern of recent success in that program, this years bunch have appears to have built on that success and taken it to the next level so to speak. Good luck to the Lady Pioneers in Hot Springs!

RedWolf275

Good to be in 4A sounds like!

RunninJoe

Quote from: RedWolf275 on March 05, 2019, 09:45:22 am
Good to be in 4A sounds like!

Why so salty, RedWolf? You do recall Batesville beating the #1 team in 5A earlier this year, don't you? Your sad attempt at belittling the Lady Pioneers exposes your ignorance. Take a seat.

JessieP

Quote from: RunninJoe on March 05, 2019, 01:36:42 pm
Why so salty, RedWolf? You do recall Batesville beating the #1 team in 5A earlier this year, don't you? Your sad attempt at belittling the Lady Pioneers exposes your ignorance. Take a seat.

RedWolf is just scared. He spends the majority of his time in the 2A/3A threads. The smaller the better. Anything new scares him. His greatest fear is change, he just wants the small schools to be left alone. Batesville has always been in the chase in the 5A so yes, a drop down is easier competition. Imagine his paralyzing fear if one of those big mean 3A teams dropped down to his beloved 2A?

Frank Abagnale Jr.

I'm sure they would have contended in 5A as well. They have a very good team. 5A has Nettleton, LRCA, Jonesboro, etc. and Batesville can play with all of them this season. However, we can't just deny the fact that 4A was easier this season. I'm sure Batesville isn't really thinking about that right now though - focused on Berryville if I had to guess.

RedWolf275

Anybody that thinks winning four games in the 5A state tournament is the same as winning 3 in 4A is pretty ignorant about basketball. I'm not knocking Batesville, I watched them handle Nettleton in the NEA fairly easily, but the quality of state tournament teams in 5A is going to be stronger most of the time.

JessieP

Quote from: RedWolf275 on March 05, 2019, 03:58:46 pm
Anybody that thinks winning four games in the 5A state tournament is the same as winning 3 in 4A is pretty ignorant about basketball. I'm not knocking Batesville, I watched them handle Nettleton in the NEA fairly easily, but the quality of state tournament teams in 5A is going to be stronger most of the time.

It's just more of your trolling of Batesville. It's one thing to troll regarding a particular game, we all do that, but you seem to be pretty negative about Batesville overall. Don't worry, no one associated with Batesville on any level loses any sleep over it. The Lady Pioneers did not need a drop in classification, a drop we didn't want, to compete for a title, we did that in the 5A. But let's apply your rationale here, what's fair is fair. I guess if Batesville dropped down to your beloved 2A they would run roughshod over it. They would win the title playing in prom dresses and heels. I mean come on, if a drop from 5 to 4A is substantial then according to you dropping 3 classifications would be a cake walk. Are you gonna back peddle and tell us "A drop from 5A to 4A is a big deal, dropping to 2A is about the same", is that your testimony?   

RedWolf275

Quote from: JessieP on March 05, 2019, 04:42:40 pm
It's just more of your trolling of Batesville. It's one thing to troll regarding a particular game, we all do that, but you seem to be pretty negative about Batesville overall. Don't worry, no one associated with Batesville on any level loses any sleep over it. The Lady Pioneers did not need a drop in classification, a drop we didn't want, to compete for a title, we did that in the 5A. But let's apply your rationale here, what's fair is fair. I guess if Batesville dropped down to your beloved 2A they would run roughshod over it. They would win the title playing in prom dresses and heels. I mean come on, if a drop from 5 to 4A is substantial then according to you dropping 3 classifications would be a cake walk. Are you gonna back peddle and tell us "A drop from 5A to 4A is a big deal, dropping to 2A is about the same", is that your testimony?   

Hey Jessie, believe it or not, I am not anti Batesville! Why would I be! I've watched coach Fowler since he was at BIC (2A) years ago. He was at ICC before that. I don't think he has won a state championship before. I will be pulling for him this weekend. My original post, which you got in an uproar about (you Batesville guys must have an inferiority complex to be SO sensitive) was just to highlight how many teams that dropped down this year are in the finals. I haven't looked these up from last year but I think LR Mills and Magnolia boys were 5A last year. Ashdown was in 4A and now in 3A finals. Both Melbourne and Riverside girls were 3A and now in 2A finals. By the way, Riverside girls beat Batesville last season. Good luck this weekend!

Frank Abagnale Jr.

Quote from: RedWolf275 on March 06, 2019, 06:50:00 am
Hey Jessie, believe it or not, I am not anti Batesville! Why would I be! I've watched coach Fowler since he was at BIC (2A) years ago. He was at ICC before that. I don't think he has won a state championship before. I will be pulling for him this weekend. My original post, which you got in an uproar about (you Batesville guys must have an inferiority complex to be SO sensitive) was just to highlight how many teams that dropped down this year are in the finals. I haven't looked these up from last year but I think LR Mills and Magnolia boys were 5A last year. Ashdown was in 4A and now in 3A finals. Both Melbourne and Riverside girls were 3A and now in 2A finals. By the way, Riverside girls beat Batesville last season. Good luck this weekend!

I thought he would win one with Brittney Richardson and his daughter back in 06 at ICC!

Batesville is obviously a different team than last season. Not defending anyone in this argument, but that's a pointless comment about one game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas