• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Technical Town, Highland USA

Started by NEA Razorback olfan, February 23, 2019, 10:50:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NEA Razorback olfan

How many Technical fouls are going to be called today?
I believe the refs have a running bet who can call the most!!

RunninJoe

February 23, 2019, 01:37:34 pm #1 Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 01:41:44 pm by RunninJoe
I'm reading about another questionable technical being called. I thought that maybe the officials are just trying to get everyone to calm down and act right but it does seem like there's some micromanagement going on. And it does seem that some "demonstrative" coaches/teams are watched more closely than others. Do we have any actual officials on this board who are willing to give any insight into this matter?

NEA Razorback olfan

February 23, 2019, 01:45:34 pm #2 Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 01:49:49 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
So far
1 vs a very good Highland Lady Rebel for grabbing her jersey fustrated that she just fouled out with less than 2 min in a 3 point game

boss85

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 23, 2019, 01:45:34 pm
So far
1 vs a very good Highland Lady Rebel for grabbing her jersey fustrated that she just fouled out with less than 2 min in a 3 point game
Again, poor timing on the T. It helped decide the game. It's probably the correct call by the letter of the law, but common sense by officials should be used. Just like the McClellan kid last night, she said nothing and was not being real demonstrative. AAA and officials, please get together and change this. Keep it about the kids, not the guys in stripes.

John M.

February 23, 2019, 03:01:18 pm #4 Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 03:04:03 pm by John M.
I've heard the coaches leaving the coaching box and players taking the jersey out as a "point of emphasis" this year. I heard of virtually no techinicals  for these reasons during the early part of the season. That's when you set the tone...in meaningless nonconference early season games, not at the end of the year when teams whole seasons are on the line. I feel too many officials think I pay my $5 to watch them...I assure you I do not....😎

boss85

Unfortunately the officials have become the show here this week.

NEA Razorback olfan

Anyone know the record for technical fouls called in a regional tournament?
I believe we are up to 6 with 2 games left!!

beach bum

This thread has liberal, snowflake-ism written all over with all the whining and complaining that's been going on for days now about refs .... I did not see you as that type, but am starting to wonder

At least you all are expressing your feelings and showing your soft sides which is great, we wouldn't want to see any of that toxic masculinity we keep hearing about

sevenof400

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 23, 2019, 10:50:36 am
How many Technical fouls are going to be called today?
I believe the refs have a running bet who can call the most!!

Stop it.

Besides, you already have a thread for this purpose: http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=158803.0

J12

NEA Razorback olfan

Dang , facts are pesky things indeed!!

officialvsfan

February 23, 2019, 05:47:22 pm #11 Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 10:09:15 am by officialvsfan
Quote from: boss85 on February 23, 2019, 02:49:41 pm
Again, poor timing on the T. It helped decide the game. It's probably the correct call by the letter of the law, but common sense by officials should be used. Just like the McClellan kid last night, she said nothing and was not being real demonstrative. AAA and officials, please get together and change this. Keep it about the kids, not the guys in stripes.

Poor timing on the T or poor timing by the player that got the T???
Jerking the shirt tail out is an automatic T.

NEA Razorback olfan

February 23, 2019, 07:53:41 pm #12 Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 08:15:16 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: officialvsfan on February 23, 2019, 05:47:22 pm

Jerking the short tail out is an automatic T.

Pulling on jersey?

FoxandHound34

How many threads you gonna go on whining about timeout techs NEA?? I've seen you on 3A boards as well posting about it. Get over it and move on

boss85

Quote from: officialvsfan on February 23, 2019, 05:47:22 pm

Jerking the short tail out is an automatic T.
I understand by the letter of the law it is a T. If the kid is not mouthing or showing up the official but just untucking the shirt on the way to the bench I think the automatic T rule should be changed. But that would require using common sense.😀😀😀 . Why don't we start giving technicals to coaches for removing their sport coats? And it's automatic, even if it's 95 degrees in the gym. Let's give Ts for girls taking their ponytails out. I can go on all day. But common sense should tell you that any of these are dumb.

boss85

By the way, no Ts in the championship games. Same crew both games. They did good.

sevenof400

Quote from: boss85 on February 23, 2019, 09:46:31 pm
I understand by the letter of the law it is a T. If the kid is not mouthing or showing up the official but just untucking the shirt on the way to the bench I think the automatic T rule should be changed. But that would require using common sense.😀😀😀 . Why don't we start giving technicals to coaches for removing their sport coats? And it's automatic, even if it's 95 degrees in the gym. Let's give Ts for girls taking their ponytails out. I can go on all day. But common sense should tell you that any of these are dumb.

Instead of lambasting the oficiais for this, why not flame the source of the rules that address this?  NFHS should be the target of your scorn.

Frank Abagnale Jr.

I don't know all the rules for automatic technicals. However, I know what I saw and that in my opinion either the rule needs changed or no T should've been given. This girl played extremely hard the entire tournament. In a tight game, where Highland led quite a bit but Brookland hung on, this girl gets her fifth foul with about a minute left in the game. Frustrated at herself, she pulled her jersey up to her face because she was upset. The ref gave her a T, basically handing Brookland the game. The girl then cried on the bench for the rest of the game. It was a ridiculous call. If anything, it should be discretionary on the official.

On a second note, most rules have some type of rationale. Can someone explain the rationale behind this rule if it's an automatic technical? Why is this action so agregious that it merits an automatic technical? Just curious.

boss85

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 24, 2019, 06:53:13 am
Instead of lambasting the oficiais for this, why not flame the source of the rules that address this?  NFHS should be the target of your scorn.
I didn't lambast the officials. In my comment I actually said the rule should be changed. And in the following comment I complimented the finals crew. But the same RULE affecting  the outcome of a game two straight days is not right. This particular rule has nothing to do with the competitiveness of the game. Plus, this has not been enforced all year until now. Should be about the kids. This week, at highland it was all about the officials and an obscure rule.

Bulldog92

I thought the South Region Refs did a good job for the most part they let the kids play and were consistent on both ends. That's all you can ask for. I believe there was only one tech called the entire tournament, on a coach. I also never saw anything to warrant a tech. When one of the players didn't understand a call I saw refs go to them and talk about it.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Bulldog92 on February 24, 2019, 09:18:44 am
I thought the South Region Refs did a good job for the most part they let the kids play and were consistent on both ends. That's all you can ask for. I believe there was only one tech called the entire tournament, on a coach. I also never saw anything to warrant a tech. When one of the players didn't understand a call I saw refs go to them and talk about it.

Thanks for the input, I believe if we had decent refs like the South had we probably would have had maybe 1 technical also.

slawdawg millionaire

By my count, there were seven technical fouls called in the Highland regional. That is a rather high total for a four-day, 16-game event.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas