• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blytheville vs. Mills

Started by millsalum, February 22, 2019, 11:07:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

millsalum

For all the (East Regional) marbles!

Both teams have already secured first round byes in the state tournament next week in Magnolia.

Seeing how Blytheville just finished a thriller with McClellan, will fatigue hurt them tomorrow night against the Comets?

I'm interested to see how Mills will handle Winston Peace. Seems to be a pretty talented guard!

Looking forward to another great game tomorrow at Hutson Memorial Center.

Livewire

Fatigue could be a factor, but after watching the physical play of Blytheville /McCellan I tend to think the players being banged up could be a bigger factor. I can't recall a game where I saw so many players have to come out because of injuries. Fortunately none were game ending.
Mills will have their hands full again tomorrow, but will pull out the win.

godeep

Remember Mills plays for state championships not regional t-shirts.  Should be good game.  It's a reason both teams are there. They are the best in the east. Fatigue will have no say so.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: godeep on February 23, 2019, 08:47:49 am
Remember Mills plays for state championships not regional t-shirts.  Should be good game.  It's a reason both teams are there. They are the best in the east. Fatigue will have no say so.

Actually they should be sitting at home. Brookland had  them beat....but just couldn't beat the refs who.decided to interfere

cannon

I said it before, but the guys that promised Mills a cakewalk are liars. They'll work their guts out for every point. So far, they've had to do that in every game of this tournament.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: cannon on February 23, 2019, 09:00:41 am
I said it before, but the guys that promised Mills a cakewalk are liars. They'll work their guts out for every point. So far, they've had to do that in every game of this tournament.
,+1

LRRandy

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 23, 2019, 08:59:40 am
Actually they should be sitting at home. Brookland had  them beat....but just couldn't beat the refs who.decided to interfere
actually you have a team beat when you have more points than the other team when the clock hits zero. So. You really didn't have them beat.

millsalum

February 23, 2019, 10:31:57 am #7 Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 10:36:23 am by millsalum

+1! The boys are looking for the program's sixth trip to the state title game next week in Magnolia, and the third state championship.

But picking up a regional title wouldn't hurt  8) after all, it is the task at hand.

By the way, if y'all wanna keep up with the score, follow this link. Mills does a pretty good job of providing live score updates: http://www.maxpreps.com/m/contest/default.aspx?contestid=25ce8818-4aea-4220-9597-0669a95b9380&ssid=e7097e2b-5b73-4259-b3b5-79244bd0f71e#tab=matchup&schoolid=b28f1190-9e51-4ee4-8909-3c599ae59cdc

Livewire

Mills 63/Blytheville 58.  Final

godeep

Good job by Blytheville    The correct team was the. 1 seed for the A3

boss85

Possibly the two best teams in 4a. We will see next week.

Livewire

Quote from: godeep on February 23, 2019, 09:24:20 pm
Good job by Blytheville    The correct team was the. 1 seed for the A3
[/quote
Blytheville played Mills a good game...as did Brookland....as did Westside.Yes,by virtue of winning the district tournament, Blytheville was the correct team to be the 1 seed from district 3. That doesn't change the fact that Westside is the better team that beat them 3 times this year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas