• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Restart it

Started by Brian G, February 19, 2019, 03:15:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

February 19, 2019, 03:15:43 pm Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 10:42:23 pm by B.G.
That was too much.  Restart the Regional District at Pokie if you wish but behave

MikeDieselâ„¢

Come on B.G.  it was District at Pokey, not regionals :)

JessieP

Pokey? That is an offensive stereotyping of the wonderful citizens of Pocahontas. They are hard working God fearing Americans. To label them as Gumby's pony pal is so hurtful.

cannon

I'm kinda sad. My favorite thread ever got wiped away. :'(

Ball girl

Quote from: cannon on February 19, 2019, 06:23:44 pm

😂

JessieP

Quote from: cannon on February 19, 2019, 06:23:44 pm

It was a horrible thread. Teams were being discussed and people were claiming one team was better than the other. All teams are perfect and equal, as are all fans. I was glad it was removed, differing opinions is the Devil's workshop. Let love rule.

NEA Razorback olfan

Aww man I had my popcorn ready!!
;D

LRRandy

That thread was the very essence of what makes message boards amusing.

Ball girl

hawgfan4life33

That was pretty entertaining. Better than Twitter

JessieP

February 19, 2019, 08:34:31 pm #10 Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 09:07:40 pm by JessieP
I disagree. Granted it brought a lot of intensity and traffic to the board but it was chalk full of differing opinions and emotional discussion. Those things have no place on a message board. It's been made clear to us that disagreements with not be tolerated.

#takedownthescoreboards
#WWNFD

cannon

The worst part is that I dunno what happened last. Like, if I could've checked back in, right before it was deleted, I'd have a bit of closure and the satisfaction of knowing what the straw that broke the camel's back looked like.

As it stands, I can only wrestle with my imagination over what might've been:  was it an epic battle, or did someone simply make a fart noise that swept the thread into infinity? 

JessieP

Quote from: cannon on February 19, 2019, 08:38:51 pm
The worst part is that I dunno what happened last. Like, if I could've checked back in, right before it was deleted, I'd have a bit of closure and the satisfaction of knowing what the straw that broke the camel's back looked like.

As it stands, I can only wrestle with my imagination over what might've been:  was it an epic battle, or did someone simply make a fart noise that swept the thread into infinity?

No one knows, no one will ever know. Not a single FF rule was broken and no one spoke ill of a private school. We need to walk into the light and end this evil competition.

Take down the scoreboards.

cannon

Was there a stiff warning given?  Did MDXPHD actually go do something nefarious and bring back something juicy?  It's killing me!  WHAT'S IN THE BOOXXXXX?

MDXPHD

Quote from: cannon on February 19, 2019, 09:00:58 pm
Was there a stiff warning given?  Did MDXPHD actually go do something nefarious and bring back something juicy?  It's killing me!  WHAT'S IN THE BOOXXXXX?

You told me to! Didn't think there would be a consequence.

I think the thread should have been removed because of how personal some things got and some comments were. Disagreements are good - it's what makes the entertainment. Im sure LRRandy and J12 will make enough entertainment for us this week!

JessieP

Quote from: cannon on February 19, 2019, 09:00:58 pm

That's the funny thing, nothing happened. In fact the disagreements were ramping down. I've seen threads removed before on the football boards but those involved people saying mean things about the perceived advantages the private schools have. Of course there are none, they are just better people and public schools are jealous, but those mentioned the "R' word (Recruiting).

JessieP

Quote from: MDXPHD on February 19, 2019, 09:10:24 pm

I think the thread should have been removed because of how personal some things got and some comments were. Disagreements are good - it's what makes the entertainment. Im sure LRRandy and J12 will make enough entertainment for us this week!

You can't possibly be serious? Please tell me that was you being facetious? I get called worse things on a daily basis here. The anger on that thread wouldn't make the field of 64 on the football boards of angriest threads. It wouldn't have even made the NIT. If you sincerely believe that then you must agree the scoreboards should come down and competition is bad. If you honestly think it was because things got too personal then someone owes me a massive apology. I've had my intelligence, education, looks, wife and sisters morals and even what my father has done for "Beer money" called into question on these boards. Too personal? Give me a teeny tiny break. The personal attacks on that thread were Mary Poppins compared to the Goodfellas I've had hurled at me, no one said boo.

MDXPHD

Quote from: JessieP on February 19, 2019, 09:25:17 pm
You can't possibly be serious? Please tell me that was you being facetious? I get called worse things on a daily basis here. The anger on that thread wouldn't make the field of 64 on the football boards of angriest threads. It wouldn't have even made the NIT. If you sincerely believe that then you must agree the scoreboards should come down and competition is bad. If you honestly think it was because things got too personal then someone owes me a massive apology. I've had my intelligence, education, looks, wife and sisters morals and even what my father has done for "Beer money" called into question on these boards. Too personal? Give me a teeny tiny break. The personal attacks on that thread were Mary Poppins compared to the Goodfellas I've had hurled at me, no one said boo.

I think it's because the kid kept getting brought up - there's a rule about it I'm pretty sure. B.G. Does a good job as moderator and I support it!

But yes, you do have quite a few fans on here that question your intelligence. Figure they will hit this thread up anytime now that you're posting on it!

Ball girl

Quote from: MDXPHD on February 19, 2019, 09:33:25 pm
I think it's because the kid kept getting brought up - there's a rule about it I'm pretty sure. B.G. Does a good job as moderator and I support it!

But yes, you do have quite a few fans on here that question your intelligence. Figure they will hit this thread up anytime now that you're posting on it!

Yeah, maybe "the kid" should've never been brought up🤭.

ArkansasSportsFan

Dang.. We couldn't get a 1 hour warning about the old thread??

NEASportsFan1

I have been keeping up with this situation, and I get it, we as fans get very indulged into our teams. That is the one of the many great parts of being a fan. But we, including myself, tend to forget that the kids we are discussing on these boards (football, basketball, baseball, etc.) are barely legal to drive, yet alone make their own personal decisions (some, not all). I am not taking sides because truth be told, I have been on both sides of the fence in these situations and neither side particularly feels the great. It is just nice for all of us to take a step back and realize that these kids are exactly that, kids, playing a game they have grown to love and enjoy. As fans, no matter how we win or lose, its our job first and foremost to be supportive of our school and the players that represent our colors. Sorry. I am off of my soapbox.

User870

Quote from: Ball girl on February 19, 2019, 09:40:40 pm
Yeah, maybe "the kid" should've never been brought up🤭.

Good grief. Grow up. You're embarrassing yourself. All you do is try to start stuff. You do it everywhere you go. Wonder when you are gonna at least  try to be an adult?

MDXPHD

February 19, 2019, 09:52:51 pm #22 Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 09:56:21 pm by MDXPHD
Quote from: NEASportsFan1 on February 19, 2019, 09:49:58 pm
I have been keeping up with this situation, and I get it, we as fans get very indulged into our teams. That is the one of the many great parts of being a fan. But we, including myself, tend to forget that the kids we are discussing on these boards (football, basketball, baseball, etc.) are barely legal to drive, yet alone make their own personal decisions (some, not all). I am not taking sides because truth be told, I have been on both sides of the fence in these situations and neither side particularly feels the great. It is just nice for all of us to take a step back and realize that these kids are exactly that, kids, playing a game they have grown to love and enjoy. As fans, no matter how we win or lose, its our job first and foremost to be supportive of our school and the players that represent our colors. Sorry. I am off of my soapbox.

Well said. 👏👏👏. Completely agree! I plan on stepping back and enjoying the rest of the year. Looking forward to a fun next few weeks! Good luck to everyone, unless you're playing Batesville!  ;D

Ball girl

Quote from: NEASportsFan1 on February 19, 2019, 09:49:58 pm

Well said ❤️

JessieP

Quote from: MDXPHD on February 19, 2019, 09:33:25 pm

Sorry, no sale. As we live and breathe there is a basketball thread accusing a kid, BY NAME, of intentionally breaking another players arm and taunting the bench. He is named numerous times and being accused of what's basically assault. 3 years ago our QB was called a dirty cheap shot player, again named, his parents ethics were questioned as was his lack of Christian faith, take some time and go back a few years, it's still there. And as far as me, my intelligence is nothing (pun intended) that's the least of it. I get much much worse hurled at me. The player in question on the disappearing thread was never spoke ill of and mentioned by number a couple times. No no no, your explanation makes no sense. We are usually in total agreement on topics but on this one, no way. All kidding aside, if you honestly think the thread was removed to save the feelings of anyone then please explain why it's a free for all when it comes to me? BTW, I have never for one second been offended or bothered by anything said to me. If you dish it out you must take it but don't use that rationale for removing one and ignoring others.

Ball girl

Quote from: User870 on February 19, 2019, 09:51:22 pm
Good grief. Grow up. You're embarrassing yourself. All you do is try to start stuff. You do it everywhere you go. Wonder when you are gonna at least  try to be an adult?

Oh goodness!!!😂. I was actually cutting a half joke this time, because everyone else is still talking about it.  You might need to chill

Ball girl

Quote from: JessieP on February 19, 2019, 09:59:08 pm
Sorry, no sale. As we live and breathe there is a basketball thread accusing a kid, BY NAME, of intentionally breaking another players arm and taunting the bench. He is named numerous times and being accused of what's basically assault. 3 years ago our QB was called a dirty cheap shot player, again named, his parents ethics were questioned as was his lack of Christian faith, take some time and go back a few years, it's still there. And as far as me, my intelligence is nothing (pun intended) that's the least of it. I get much much worse hurled at me. The player in question on the disappearing thread was never spoke ill of and mentioned by number a couple times. No no no, your explanation makes no sense. We are usually in total agreement on topics but on this one, no way. All kidding aside, if you honestly think the thread was removed to save the feelings of anyone then please explain why it's a free for all when it comes to me? BTW, I have never for one second been offended or bothered by anything said to me. If you dish it out you must take it but don't use that rationale for removing one and ignoring others.

Well if we must go on, you are wrong. Crappy ill-intended comment that was totally inaccurate. 

User870

Quote from: Ball girl on February 19, 2019, 10:03:44 pm
Well if we must go on, you are wrong. Crappy ill-intended comment that was totally inaccurate. 

🙄🙄 see? Can't just keep that mouth closed. Gotta keep on going. It's literally like you're trying to get MDX to talk to you and he keeps ignoring everything you say because he meant nothing. Yet you just keep on blabbering. Batesville people thinking you for real crazy at this point. 😂😂

Ball girl

Quote from: User870 on February 19, 2019, 10:08:34 pm
🙄🙄 see? Can't just keep that mouth closed. Gotta keep on going. It's literally like you're trying to get MDX to talk to you and he keeps ignoring everything you say because he meant nothing. Yet you just keep on blabbering. Batesville people thinking you for real crazy at this point. 😂😂

So who are you, user870?? Why don't you expose yourself???!!! I guess this thread is for everyone else except me.  I'm not supposed to comment but everyone else is??? 😂

Ball girl

Quote from: Ball girl on February 19, 2019, 10:11:02 pm
So who are you, user870?? Why don't you expose yourself???!!! I guess this thread is for everyone else except me.  I'm not supposed to comment but everyone else is??? 😂

And actually, user, you've said a whole lot worse things to me, and I haven't even said anything bad to you. I'm only defending a kid. 

J12

Meh

LRRandy

nah, he waved the white flag. I think he kind of understands how the next few days are gonna play out and he is keeping a low profile. Was fun while it lasted.

User870

Quote from: Ball girl on February 19, 2019, 10:11:02 pm

I can't tell you who I am! You too crazy for me to divulge that info. Glad to know you though. Gotta steer clear at games now - yikes. Hate to say someone didn't help the team a whole lot or hurt the team at all just once and get stoned for it. 😳

J12

Quote from: LRRandy on February 19, 2019, 10:15:14 pm
nah, he waved the white flag. I think he kind of understands how the next few days are gonna play out and he is keeping a low profile. Was fun while it lasted.

Correct.

Ball girl

Quote from: User870 on February 19, 2019, 10:16:13 pm
I can't tell you who I am! You too crazy for me to divulge that info. Glad to know you though. Gotta steer clear at games now - yikes. Hate to say someone didn't help the team a whole lot or hurt the team at all just once and get stoned for it. 😳

I do hope you steer clear of me.  And I love your take on the comment😂.  Not exactly how that comment was stated

Ball girl

hawgfan4life33

Sooooo.... how bout this weather?? Go Pioneers

J12

This thread doesn't have anything on the Parkview/ Hall game tonight.

Video-  https://twitter.com/arhoopscoop/status/1098067994830405632?s=21

Brian G

At the end of thread, too much was over the line.
Most of it not seen by all of you or you'd agree.

JessieP

Quote from: User870 on February 19, 2019, 10:16:13 pm

OMG!!! I finally get. The Administrator was right, MDX was right. You are right. We're dealing with the Energizer Bunny, it keeps going and going and going and going. She's like the cop in Terminator, you set off explosions and machine gun fire, you look in the rear view mirror and here he comes. I've never seen anything like this, facts, explanations and apologies don't make any difference. It just keeps coming and coming and coming. A lot of people in the Batesville stands will be walking on egg shells this week, no one wants to set anything off. Muted applause and heads on a swivel, just look straight ahead. It will never ever end.

JessieP

Quote from: B.G. on February 19, 2019, 10:43:47 pm
At the end of thread, too much was over the line.
Most of it not seen by all of you or you'd agree.

Oops, my apologies. I feel stupid but it's a familiar feeling.

Ball girl

Quote from: JessieP on February 19, 2019, 10:52:18 pm
OMG!!! I finally get. The Administrator was right, MDX was right. You are right. We're dealing with the Energizer Bunny, it keeps going and going and going and going. She's like the cop in Terminator, you set off explosions and machine gun fire, you look in the rear view mirror and here he comes. I've never seen anything like this, facts, explanations and apologies don't make any difference. It just keeps coming and coming and coming. A lot of people in the Batesville stands will be walking on egg shells this week, no one wants to set anything off. Muted applause and heads on a swivel, just look straight ahead. It will never ever end.

Again, you are still talking about it. But I can't. What kind of ego do you have???😂😂😂. I wasn't going to say a word until you started in on nothing was said at all.  You, Jessie, started this back up.  I was actually even cutting a joke trying to lighten the mood... And btw, nobody has to walk on eggshells anyway.. probably said about 10 words total this year to the Batesville crew.

Ball girl

Quote from: Ball girl on February 19, 2019, 11:01:47 pm
Again, you are still talking about it. But I can't. What kind of ego do you have???😂😂😂. I wasn't going to say a word until you started in on nothing was said at all.  You, Jessie, started this back up.  I was actually even cutting a joke trying to lighten the mood... And btw, nobody has to walk on eggshells anyway.. probably said about 10 words total this year to the Batesville crew.

But I will say this, #23 loves the girls.. good group of kids...

JessieP

Quote from: Ball girl on February 19, 2019, 11:01:47 pm

Hold on, let me get my scorecard. Ok, MDX started it, wait cross that out. 870 started it, hand me the eraser. I started it, good thing I wrote it down in pencil.

It is a great group of kids, every single one of them without exception. The entire Nation is 100% behind the girls, they are truly all for one, one for all. Like most things in high school sports the ill feelings originate in the stands and that's a shame. I have never once heard or read ANYTHING negative about a single player, and neither has anyone else.

Ball girl

Quote from: JessieP on February 19, 2019, 11:20:17 pm
Hold on, let me get my scorecard. Ok, MDX started it, wait cross that out. 870 started it, hand me the eraser. I started it, good thing I wrote it down in pencil.

It is a great group of kids, every single one of them without exception. The entire Nation is 100% behind the girls, they are truly all for one, one for all. Like most things in high school sports the ill feelings originate in the stands and that's a shame. I have never once heard or read ANYTHING negative about a single player, and neither has anyone else.

Well at least we can agree on great group of girls! They are what matter anyway

Ball Hawk

I like your style ball girl. Keep it going.

Ball girl

Quote from: Ball Hawk on February 20, 2019, 09:49:26 am
I like your style ball girl. Keep it going.

👍🏼👍🏼

sevenof400

Quote from: cannon on February 19, 2019, 08:38:51 pm

As it stands, I can only wrestle with my imagination over what might've been:  was it an epic battle, or did someone simply make a fart noise in a general direction?

IIFY

hawgfan4life33

I'm just ready for Thursday to get here. I'm as nervous as can be. I wasn't this nervous when I was actually playing.

Ball girl

Quote from: hawgfan4life33 on February 20, 2019, 12:51:56 pm
I'm just ready for Thursday to get here. I'm as nervous as can be. I wasn't this nervous when I was actually playing.

They'll be fine!! No stopping them now!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas