• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A East Regional at Highland

Started by slawdawg millionaire, February 17, 2019, 01:18:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

slawdawg millionaire

Quote from: EarlTheSnakeWhite on February 20, 2019, 09:01:33 pm
Forrest City 32
Blytheville 37

Halftime

Tedrick Washington with 12 points, Johnny Anderson adding 9 for the Chicks. JJ Whitby leads the Mustangs with 12.

cannon

Quote from: EarlTheSnakeWhite on February 20, 2019, 09:01:33 pm
Forrest City 32
Blytheville 37

Halftime

Sounds like a good one. Once again, I regret that I'm not there to see it in person.

EarlTheSnakeWhite

Forrest City 47
Blytheville 53

3Q

Blytheville looked like they were gonna pull away early in the third but FC made a run towards the end of the quarter.

EarlTheSnakeWhite

Blytheville pulling away now

Forrest City 48
Blytheville 63

5:19 left

EarlTheSnakeWhite

Blytheville 68
Forrest City 52

2:29 left

I'm out

J12

Good win for Blytheville. Looked like the stronger of the 1 seeds tonight.

Camajam1

Blytheville 74
Forrest City 56

Final

slawdawg millionaire

Quote from: Camajam1 on February 20, 2019, 09:52:50 pm
Blytheville 74
Forrest City 56

Final

For Blytheville, Tedrick Washington 20, Deveon Smith 15, Winston Peace 14, JaQuon Fowler 13, Johnny Anderson 11. For Forrest City, JJ Whitby 16, Ta'Darius Dale 15, Randal Moore 14.

beach bum

February 20, 2019, 10:49:59 pm #108 Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 11:01:45 pm by beach bum
Quote from: Farm boy on February 20, 2019, 07:24:20 pm
Once again I have watched another ballgame that was determined by triple a officials. If you disagree you're entitled to your opinion. But no one can truthfully comment that they are satisfied with the officials that triple a is putting on the floor these days. It is time to hold triple a accountable. I'm not saying the officials are going to be perfect but if it could be even and its no where near that now. I know there are others that agree but aren't willing to step up and say anything about it. I just want to be able to watch a game where it comes down to the teams against each other instead of an official making the calls to decide an outcome.

Or maybe the coach can just act like a civilized human being instead, and not get thrown out by letting the moment get to them too much when they have already been given a technical... Never have cared for coaches that just hoop and holler all game on the sideline no matter the sport. Got a few at our school that do that and administration just let's them year after year for some reason..... Sorry, but he let his players down by letting his own ego get in the way when his players had a chance at an upset.

Not saying coaches can't dispute or talk about calls with refs when occasions arise, however we know that is not what some coaches do. We all know the coaches here and there that it's in their DNA from the first whistle of the game to just roam the sidelines like a mad man.  Never understood how's its 2019 and we still have coaches getting away with that on a weekly basis. Sounds like these refs stood their ground and good for them.

501 to 870

February 20, 2019, 11:01:24 pm #109 Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 11:03:34 pm by 501 to 870
Quote from: slawdawg millionaire on February 20, 2019, 05:13:04 pm
Girls
Highland 57,
Stuttgart 41, FINAL

Lady Rebels (19-11)
Briley Pena (freshman) 24 points, 18/20 FTs, 5 assists, 5 rebounds
Cheyenne Yates 12 points, 5 rebounds
Abby Dietsche 11 points, 8 blocks, 5 rebounds, 4 steals, 2 assists

Lady Ricebirds (24-4)
Ketiyah Harrison 19 points, 14 rebounds
Aniyah Hobbs 11 points
Team: 10 first-half turnovers, 8/29 FGs in the second half
Highland qualifies for State for 1st time in 10 years!!!!

Missco

He gets by with it too often. He is always out of the box.

cannon

Quote from: 501 to 870 on February 20, 2019, 11:01:24 pm

Congrats to the Lady Rebels, and good luck in Magnolia. That's a huge win. Looks like opening day was a big one for 4A-3.

87DAWG

February 21, 2019, 07:53:59 am #112 Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 07:59:17 am by 87DAWG
Quote from: 501 to 870 on February 20, 2019, 11:01:24 pm
Highland 57    Stuttgart 41 F

Congrats 501! I know you have a special interest on the team! Big win! Highland hit the floor running as #10 hit 2 early 3's and #00 and #3 hit jump shots to give Highland the early lead they never gave up.  Stuttgart #5 was a Stud on the boards and keep Stuttgart close in the 1st half.  #10 for Stuttgart also contributed and Stuttgart cut it to 2 in the 3rd quarter.  Highland put together a final run from big shots from #12, #10 and #24 and #3 hit her free throw's down the stretch. Highland has the winner of Batesville/EStem.....I'm quessing Batesville and Highland has yet to be able to slow down the Machine!! Good news Highland is State Bound!!

Livewire

Quote from: beach bum on February 20, 2019, 10:49:59 pm

Or maybe the coach can just act like a civilized human being instead, and not get thrown out by letting the moment get to them too much when they have already been given a technical... Never have cared for coaches that just hoop and holler all game on the sideline no matter the sport. Got a few at our school that do that and administration just let's them year after year for some reason..... Sorry, but he let his players down by letting his own ego get in the way when his players had a chance at an upset.

Not saying coaches can't dispute or talk about calls with refs when occasions arise, however we know that is not what some coaches do. We all know the coaches here and there that it's in their DNA from the first whistle of the game to just roam the sidelines like a mad man.  Never understood how's its 2019 and we still have coaches getting away with that on a weekly basis. Sounds like these refs stood their ground and good for them.

The reason administration lets him get away with it, is because he IS administration.

J12

Quote from: Livewire on February 21, 2019, 08:46:59 am

The reason administration lets him get away with it, is because he IS administration.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

slawdawg millionaire

I won't be at the tournament today because I will be at Nettleton's senior night. Dunno the rest of my schedule, but I hope to make it back there at some point this week.

NEA Razorback olfan

As a Brookland supporter I am proud of our coaches, staff ,fans and our Boys who battled their guts out last night. Unfortunately we came up short vs the #1 ranked 4A team in the state. I always root for our conference teams in Regionals and State..so best of luck to VV , Westside and Blytheville ,on the Boys side.
Good luck to Pocahontas and Batesville girls tonight!!

J12

Quote from: slawdawg millionaire on February 21, 2019, 09:56:35 am
I won't be at the tournament today because I will be at Nettleton's senior night. Dunno the rest of my schedule, but I hope to make it back there at some point this week.

I'll do my best to keep up with Westside score. If you live in NEA (or go online) you can listen to the Valley View game tonight on 1230AM/ 101.3FM.   Randy Myers does a great job on the call. 

NEASportsFan1

Anyone know much about E-Stem and they relate to Batesville's type of play? I know if Fowler can instill his fast paced typed of offense, it's hard to beat them.

beach bum

Quote from: Livewire on February 21, 2019, 08:46:59 am

He has investigated himself and found no wrong doing.... ever  8)

And this is exactly the case in a couple scenarios I see elsewhere... No accountability because they are also AD or whatever else.

Power Hungry personality types usually

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: beach bum on February 21, 2019, 01:38:51 pm
He has investigated himself and found no wrong doing.... ever  8)

And this is exactly the case in a couple scenarios I see elsewhere... No accountability because they are also AD or whatever else.

Power Hungry personality types usually

Please describe what you saw at the game last night.

J12

February 21, 2019, 01:51:53 pm #121 Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 01:53:26 pm by J12
Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 21, 2019, 01:44:40 pm

Hahah. This dude is going to chime in on every Brookland topic.

User870

Quote from: J12 on February 21, 2019, 01:51:53 pm
Hahah. This dude is going to chime in on every Brookland topic.

I mean, he is from Brookland..

J12

I apologize. I'm not going to help derail this thread. I'll try and keep everyone posted about Westside game tonight.

User870

Quote from: J12 on February 21, 2019, 02:03:31 pm
I apologize. I'm not going to help derail this thread. I'll try and keep everyone posted about Westside game tonight.

Will be much appreciated for those of us who can't make it.

Bulldog92

Quote from: User870 on February 21, 2019, 02:02:11 pm
I mean, he is from Brookland..
+1
And he still has explained anything from last nights game, LOL!!

millsalum

Quote from: NEASportsFan1 on February 21, 2019, 12:39:37 pm
Anyone know much about E-Stem and they relate to Batesville's type of play? I know if Fowler can instill his fast paced typed of offense, it's hard to beat them.

E-Stem plays an up-tempo style of ball. They have two long, athletic guards (#2 and #4) that can score pretty well. Either one of them could match up with Felts and Felkins. If Westside can get the tempo going too, it might be a high scoring affair.

Mills has beaten the Mets three times this season, so if they got past Westside, it'd be interesting to see if they could finally stop the Comets.

J12

Quote from: millsalum on February 21, 2019, 03:34:57 pm
E-Stem plays an up-tempo style of ball. They have two long, athletic guards (#2 and #4) that can score pretty well. Either one of them could match up with Felts and Felkins. If Westside can get the tempo going too, it might be a high scoring affair.

Mills has beaten the Mets three times this season, so if they got past Westside, it'd be interesting to see if they could finally stop the Comets.

I think the OP was talking about the girls game...

millsalum

Quote from: J12 on February 21, 2019, 03:44:26 pm

If that's the case:

E-Stem's girls try to play up-tempo as well. Their best player is #14. She's about 6'1-6'2, and she plays inside. I believe she has signed with South Alabama. They have some decent guards too.

LRRandy

Quote from: J12 on February 21, 2019, 03:44:26 pm
he's just describing the poison your going to die by

LRRandy

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 21, 2019, 01:44:40 pm
I don't think that you had to be at the game to understand the scenario. That dude has a reputation as a wack job. My son was on a team and we played Brookland in a  holiday tournament at Beebe. I have two recollections of that game. The players were nearly all the same exact size and played fundamentally sound. The coach was a screaming lunatic that screamed at his players to "step on their throat." I would think Brookland might want a better ambassador representing it's program. But what do I know.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: LRRandy on February 21, 2019, 04:43:16 pm
I don't think that you had to be at the game to understand the scenario. That dude has a reputation as a wack job. My son was on a team and we played Brookland in a  holiday tournament at Beebe. I have two recollections of that game. The players were nearly all the same exact size and played fundamentally sound. The coach was a screaming lunatic that screamed at his players to "step on their throat. " I would think Brookland might want a better ambassador representing it's program. But what do I know.

So your team had a player down on the floor?

EarlTheSnakeWhite

Anyone there that can give us an update on the Batesville/eSTEM girls game?

J12

February 21, 2019, 05:03:38 pm #133 Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 05:11:36 pm by J12
Quote from: LRRandy on February 21, 2019, 04:43:16 pm
I don't think that you had to be at the game to understand the scenario. That dude has a reputation as a wack job. My son was on a team and we played Brookland in a  holiday tournament at Beebe. I have two recollections of that game. The players were nearly all the same exact size and played fundamentally sound. The coach was a screaming lunatic that screamed at his players to "step on their throat." I would think Brookland might want a better ambassador representing it's program. But what do I know.

:)

There was a coach who coached Brookland about 14 years ago. I can't remember his name. He was great coach though. Great ambassador. Can't remember where he went though...

J12

Quote from: EarlTheSnakeWhite on February 21, 2019, 05:02:52 pm
Anyone there that can give us an update on the Batesville/eSTEM girls game?

EStem - 42
Batesville- 52

End of Q3

LRRandy

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 21, 2019, 04:59:46 pm
So your team had a player down on the floor?
it was his mantra. He kept yelling it.

J12

EStem - 48
Batesville- 64

2:10 to go.

JessieP

All the respect in the world to Estem. They played hard and never quit. good team but just didn't have the bodies. I couldn't tell for sure but it looked like they only had 4 subs. Congratulations on a great season.

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

godeep

Everybody in that arena was proud of Brookland and their effort. Really think the coach got caught up in the moment.

LRRandy

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 21, 2019, 05:29:53 pm
So no one got stepped on?
oh. Ok. I understand. You all condone his behavior.

J12

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: LRRandy on February 21, 2019, 05:45:46 pm
oh. Ok. I understand. You all condone his behavior.

Ok, let me educate you just a little , when a coach says that, he is actually trying to motivate his team to get a lead and keep the lead.
He is not saying hurt the other team if they fall down. Most of the time our players help other teams players up if they fall after the whistle.

LRRandy

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 21, 2019, 05:52:37 pm
Ok, let me educate you just a little , when a coach says that, he is actually trying to motivate his team to get a lead and keep the lead.
He is not saying hurt the other team if they fall down. Most of the time our players help other teams players up if they fall after the whistle.
oh, make no mistake. I understand what he is saying. I don't have any negative thoughts about the players from Brookland. Just. That dude.

beach bum

February 21, 2019, 06:14:12 pm #145 Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 06:19:09 pm by beach bum
Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 21, 2019, 05:52:37 pm

If a coach was yelling things like that at our team back in the day we would have all been mocking him after practice or a game, and I was a smart aleck enough I probably would have laughed while he was doing that. Most people are not motivated by those kind of antics, but more likely to be turned off by that kind of stuff. If you can't motivate yourself as a player, individual, or team to go 100% then why even play the game at all? Wouldn't it get exhausting as a coach to think you had to scream and yell 24/7 to motivate your team instead of exuding a calm, confidence in your players to get the job done you have practiced all week in practice.

beach bum

Quote from: LRRandy on February 21, 2019, 06:09:57 pm
oh, make no mistake. I understand what he is saying. I don't have any negative thoughts about the players from Brookland. Just. That dude.

We have two or three at our school who behave the same....... I don't care for it one bit and will never understand how the school has let them for years and years.

millsalum

HALF: Westside 29- ESTEM 25.

Avery Felts and Riley Felkins with a combined 27 for the Warriors

Score courtesy of Matt Schwartz

LRRandy

Quote from: millsalum on February 21, 2019, 06:17:47 pm
HALF: Westside 29- ESTEM 25.

Avery Felts and Riley Felkins with a combined 27 for the Warriors

Score courtesy of Matt Schwartz
it's a tight one

millsalum

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas