• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brookland vs LR Mills

Started by J12, February 15, 2019, 08:34:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MR.GOMAB

Was this a wake up call for Mills or did they take Brookland for granted last night and almost loss? Will it get tougher for them in the next round vs either Felts and Westside or eStem?

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: J12 on February 21, 2019, 08:39:01 am
Brookland played the perfect game to beat Mills. They shot well, played hard, and had a chance, leading the game with under 3:00 to go.

They had an 8 point lead in the 4th quarter!

Please. Please. Don't blame the refs here. Not a good look.

Not a good look for Who?

J12

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 21, 2019, 09:40:18 am
Quote from: J12 on February 21, 2019, 08:39:01 am
Brookland played the perfect game to beat Mills. They shot well, played hard, and had a chance, leading the game with under 3:00 to go.

They had an 8 point lead in the 4th quarter!

Please. Please. Don't blame the refs here. Not a good look.

Not a good look for Who?

Anyone blaming officiating for yesterday.

NEA Razorback olfan

I don't believe Bulldog is from Brookland

J12

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 21, 2019, 09:50:43 am
I don't believe Bulldog is from Brookland

It doesn't matter where they're from though. This is in general.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: J12 on February 21, 2019, 09:55:46 am
It doesn't matter where they're from though. This is in general.

Ok, please point out specifically where bulldog 92 blamed the refs? I must have missed it.

J12

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 21, 2019, 10:12:43 am
Ok, please point out specifically where bulldog 92 blamed the refs? I must have missed it.

It was implied in the thread. 

I wish I could entertain you further with this cute banter, but my opinions are mine, just like yours are yours.

As I've said, in MY OPINION, Brookland played well enough to win. THEIR COACH got in the way & they lost. Fouls didn't beat them. An 8-0 run by the other team did which was propelled by technicals. By the bench. By someone not playing the game.

Bulldog92

As NEA said I'm not from Brookland nor was I at the game. Just have talked to a few people and read the info in this thread. I just asked a very simple question. Because Brookland, as you stated JP, played a near perfect game and had the lead up until 1:00 left in the game correct?  Mills played an up tempo in your face man to man defense, correct? If that isn't correct please correct me. Now in my opinion that would mean that Mills played a near perfect defensive ball game by only allowing their opponent to shoot two free throws for an entire game, while playing a style of defensive that 99% of the time causes a lot of fouling. Especially during a HIGH SCOOL GAME  when the overwhelming favorite is getting beat by the overwhelming underdog. That would mean that Mills has some very mature high school athletes that can handle pressure very well. I have not been told how many times Mills got to the free throw line because I didn't ask but I am going to assume they got there more than twice or you would have told me that the refs called a fairly evenly called game and neither team shot a lot of free throws. Yet your good with saying that the outcome of the game falls completely on a coach who did nothing more than any other coach has done, is doing or will do while coaching their team in a do or die situation in the post season. I'm not blaming the refs, but calling a tech on a coach for hollering at one of his kids tells me that said ref has very thin skin and made a very poor decision in that moment.

J12

Quote from: Bulldog92 on February 21, 2019, 10:56:02 am
As NEA said I'm not from Brookland nor was I at the game. Just have talked to a few people and read the info in this thread. I just asked a very simple question. Because Brookland, as you stated JP, played a near perfect game and had the lead up until 1:00 left in the game correct?  Mills played an up tempo in your face man to man defense, correct? If that isn't correct please correct me. Now in my opinion that would mean that Mills played a near perfect defensive ball game by only allowing their opponent to shoot two free throws for an entire game, while playing a style of defensive that 99% of the time causes a lot of fouling. Especially during a HIGH SCOOL GAME  when the overwhelming favorite is getting beat by the overwhelming underdog. That would mean that Mills has some very mature high school athletes that can handle pressure very well. I have not been told how many times Mills got to the free throw line because I didn't ask but I am going to assume they got there more than twice or you would have told me that the refs called a fairly evenly called game and neither team shot a lot of free throws. Yet your good with saying that the outcome of the game falls completely on a coach who did nothing more than any other coach has done, is doing or will do while coaching their team in a do or die situation in the post season. I'm not blaming the refs, but calling a tech on a coach for hollering at one of his kids tells me that said ref has very thin skin and made a very poor decision in that moment.

A normal coach gets ejected in a must win game? Happens a lot, right?

Sorry. That's asinine and where I stopped reading.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Bulldog92 on February 21, 2019, 10:56:02 am

Don't waist your time bulldog  he hates Brookland  coaches, fans, and players...
I know some very good people at Westside, they are not all like J12

J12

Let me ask you all a question. How much dissuasion is actually happening about the kids who played last night? A Two good teams.  Both sides.

Instead the majority of the write up in the Jonesboro Sun discussed Bobby Gross' technicals. Then you come here and it's about the refs.

It's not about the ADULTS! It never has been.  It's been my beef with Brookland all year. The adults surrounding that team could never get out of their own ways to showcase the GOOD HS players they had on the team.

J12

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 21, 2019, 11:06:50 am
Don't waist your time bulldog  he hates Brookland  coaches, fans, and players...

Boo frickin hoo.

cannon

Quote from: J12 on February 21, 2019, 11:01:00 am

Completely off subject, but was anybody else there in Magnolia last year at the state tournament when The GCT coaches set a new record for number of technical fouls called in a state tournament game?  IIRC, by the time they finished kicking coaches out, the statistian was the only person left to coach em. I was entertained.

Bulldog92

Your are incorrect J12 most normal coaches don't get EJECTED from must win games. Techs yes , ejections no. Most normal refs however don't let a coach hollering at one of his players scare him into ejecting him from the game with a second technical!!

RamblinRazorWreck

Quote from: J12 on February 21, 2019, 09:44:37 am
Anyone blaming officiating for yesterday.

Honestly J12, I thought bulldogs intial post was about Mills playing good man-to-man pressure D without fouling.

Bulldog92

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 21, 2019, 11:06:50 am
I got you NEA. After reading his last few post I can  see we aren't dealing with an adult must be a student, "Boo Freaking Hoo"!!! WOW!!!!  By the way he has yet to answer any of the questions I have asked??  The excitement of Brookland loosing is just to much for him I guess!!

RedWolf275

He has GDS (Gross Derangement Syndrome)

bbfb2016

Brookland made 12 3's against Mills. That is an impressive shooting night.

Brookland did not attack the rim, they had a goal to draw the defense in and knock down open shots. That is why the free throw count was so low.

J12

Quote from: bbfb2016 on February 21, 2019, 12:02:16 pm
Brookland made 12 3's against Mills. That is an impressive shooting night.

Brookland did not attack the rim, they had a goal to draw the defense in and knock down open shots. That is why the free throw count was so low.

+11111111111111111111

JessieP

The Brookland coach should go on tv and say he was jumped by two Mills fans. They put a rope around his neck, threw bleach on him and yelled "This is Mills country". What could possibly go wrong?

NEA Razorback olfan

February 21, 2019, 12:37:36 pm #70 Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 12:48:49 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: JessieP on February 21, 2019, 12:18:00 pm
The Brookland coach should go on tv and say he was jumped by two Mills fans. They put a rope around his neck, threw bleach on him and yelled "This is Mills country". What could possibly go wrong?

I  believe  that guy got arrested this morning

Bulldog92

Thank you bbfb2016 for the explanation!!  See J12 when you settle down and just answer the questions that those of that weren't at the game have we get a better picture of how the game went. It's called a discussion!!! 

J12

Quote from: Bulldog92 on February 21, 2019, 12:53:08 pm
Thank you bbfb2016 for the explanation!!  See J12 when you settle down and just answer the questions that those of that weren't at the game have we get a better picture of how the game went. It's called a discussion!!!

Sorry. I was too giddy about Brookland LOOSING

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: J12 on February 21, 2019, 12:55:24 pm
Sorry. I was too giddy about Brookland LOOSING

It's ok, when you become an adult you will understand.

J12

ArkansasSportsFan

Is this going to be thread #2 to get shut down in a week??

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: J12 on February 21, 2019, 01:13:56 pm
Spelling? Nah.

Well, I'm sure if you study real hard and go to class, you will pass.
Good luck.

NEA Razorback olfan

Bulldog92

Hahahahaha!!  This one is getting better every post!!

millsalum

Quote from: MR.GOMAB on February 21, 2019, 09:30:59 am
Was this a wake up call for Mills or did they take Brookland for granted last night and almost loss? Will it get tougher for them in the next round vs either Felts and Westside or eStem?

More like a wake up call. They'll be fine. They're a pretty mature team.

At this point in the season, the only thing that matters is making sure your team has (at least) one more point than the other team at the final buzzer  ;)

ProudMary

Well, since this is an opinion board, I'm gonna give mine. Ban me if you must.
In today's world, everyone has to be so PC that it irks me.
The reason so many officials, and AAA are so gutless and spineless is they don't want to offend the 'entitled' folks. I have watched, and listened to fans, who played, and screamed the racist card even though their teams were down 20-30 points. Give me a break!
That was a gutless call against Brookland, and their coach does more, with less talent, than probably any coach in the state. That's my story and I'm stickin to it. Out.

cannon

Quote from: ProudMary on February 21, 2019, 04:13:10 pm

Thanks for sharing. And I must, so you are now banned. Please submit your screen name and password to the admin and await further instructions. We'll not tolerate that sort of opinionated garbage around here.

JessieP

Quote from: ProudMary on February 21, 2019, 04:13:10 pm
In today's world, everyone has to be so PC that it irks me.
The reason so many officials, and AAA are so gutless and spineless is they don't want to offend the 'entitled' folks. I have watched, and listened to fans, who played, and screamed the racist card even though their teams were down 20-30 points. Give me a break!
That was a gutless call against Brookland, and their coach does more, with less talent, than probably any coach in the state. That's my story and I'm stickin to it. Out.

That took a lot of guts. To stand up for your team like that is true bravery. Riddle me this, Brookland and Mills are both public schools, who is the entitled one?

The coach got tossed because the coach got his 2nd T. He broke a rule that the AAA said was a major point of emphasis . But kudos for such a brave proclamation. If you really wanted to be controversial you could have said "Arkansas is the greatest state in America and God bless America".

cannon

I want to Make America Great Again.

JessieP

Quote from: cannon on February 21, 2019, 05:35:36 pm
Thanks for sharing. And I must, so you are now banned. Please submit your screen name and password to the admin and await further instructions. We'll not tolerate that sort of opinionated garbage around here.

1 major clap. I actually laughed out loud. The poster acted like they were divulging the nuclear launch codes.

Ban me if you must, I'm not spineless I'm going to say it out loud. I don't like broccoli!

NEA Razorback olfan

godeep

So we are going to forget the crucial easy layups Brookand missed. So we not going to mention the hilarious tech Cross got for taunting. Come on refs just do their job.

cannon

Quote from: JessieP on February 21, 2019, 05:39:28 pm
1 major clap. I actually laughed out loud. The poster acted like they were divulging the nuclear launch codes.

Ban me if you must, I'm not spineless I'm going to say it out loud. I don't like broccoli!

Unlike most high school officials, I am consistent:  I will ALWAYS ban anyone who prefaces their opinion with the phrase "ban me if you must."  Always. Do not cross me on this.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: cannon on February 21, 2019, 05:55:26 pm
Unlike most high school officials, I am consistent:  I will ALWAYS ban anyone who prefaces their opinion with the phrase "ban me if you must."  Always. Do not cross me on this.

Ban me if you must!!

Bulldog92

This is just to dang funny!!!  I bet you Proud Mary will stay up all night worrying about it!!!  Probably crying in her Cheerios that she is having for supper!!!!😂😂😂😂😂.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Bulldog92 on February 21, 2019, 06:01:54 pm
This is just to dang funny!!!  I bet you Proud Mary will stay up all night worrying about it!!!  Probably crying in her Cheerios that she is having for supper!!!!😂😂😂😂😂.

Better watch out , Cannon will ban you!!
;D

TheSpecial

Brookland played their hearts out. All the respect in the world for the players and Bobby Gross.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: TheSpecial on February 21, 2019, 06:08:04 pm
Brookland played their hearts out. All the respect in the world for the players and Bobby Gross.

+1

Bulldog92

Wait for it.........wait for it........wait for it........Dang thought I might have a little concern come over me but nope none at all!!  You know I've always heard about how powerful people were on this sight and he/she is living proof, LOL!!!  Banning someone from an opinion board because of their opinion. But mostly doing it with an alias to someone else using an alias, hahahahaha!!  Can see it now him/her(cause we arent sure) hitting the keys while sitting at a desk in the basement of their house laughing at the screen while they BAN someone!!!

Come on y'all got to see the humor in that, LOL!!

NEA Razorback olfan

You are so close buddy,
I feel a ban coming on!!
;D :o

JessieP

Cannon has his bannin boots on tonight. I got to tell ya, some of the Brookland fans take themselves a tad too seriously. Brookland lost to a better team, not exactly the lead story on Sportscenter. The coach got tossed, that's why they lost. How many points, rebounds and assist did the coach have when he was ejected?

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: JessieP on February 21, 2019, 06:36:29 pm
Cannon has his bannin boots on tonight. I got to tell ya, some of the Brookland fans take themselves a tad too seriously. Brookland lost to a better team, not exactly the lead story on Sportscenter. The coach got tossed, that's why they lost. How many points, rebounds and assist did the coach have when he was ejected?

You tell us what you saw last night at the game

J12

Wimberly (coach at Manila) got tossed tonight too. Him and Bobby T used to coach together.  Feel free to draw your own comparisons.

bbfb2016

Brookland played really a great game last night. They had a really great game plan. Their kids really executed it as well as you could dream. They got charges, they hit shots, they did what they were told. In today's game, it's hard for kids to not want to run and jump and play fast but their kids showed great discipline.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas