• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

White Hall vacancy?

Started by SouthpawSensation, January 22, 2019, 05:48:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumberjackfan1978

zebrafan

Wonder if Cortez Lee gets a long look.

Reddie20

Any thoughts on this opening?

GoodGuy

Is it possible that Chris Vereen would be interested? He is the son of the longtime coach Vereen who was at White Hall for like 15 years or so.He is the head coach at Star City right now and just got there so I don't know if he will leave, but will he be contacted about it?

Pat Swilling

Nick Vaughn, Eldorado, would make sense.

Arkansasprofit

I have heard it is Cortez Lee's job if he wants it.....Stay tuned!

nomorewhining

Quote from: Arkansasprofit on January 24, 2019, 08:30:33 am

If this is true.......won't be long before the White Hall program bottoms out.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Arkansasprofit on January 24, 2019, 08:30:33 am
Wow

Reddie20

Quote from: nomorewhining on January 24, 2019, 10:27:52 am
If this is true.......won't be long before the White Hall program bottoms out.
What makes you say that? just curious

nomorewhining

History

At Dollarway, he didn't show up for practice very often. there were days where the team showed up, and there was one coach there.

Puts in all special teams in 15 minutes, the day before the first game.

At Altheimer, didn't start practice until the first day of school. Didn't play any nonconference games. Just started playing at conference time.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: nomorewhining on January 24, 2019, 12:54:31 pm
History

At Dollarway, he didn't show up for practice very often. there were days where the team showed up, and there was one coach there.

At Altheimer, didn't start practice until the first day of school. Didn't play any nonconference games. Just started playing at conference time.
Quote from: nomorewhining on January 24, 2019, 12:54:31 pm
History

Ran Oklahoma drill in pregame at Mcgehee.

razortrack

This should go to Cortez Lee if he wants it. He deserves an opportunity at a place with support and resources considering the success he's had elsewhere without it.

Reddie20

I use to love Oklahoma Drill! As a coach, you knew who would hit and who shys away from contact.  He had some dudes at Dollarway as well.  Too many people look at the past. People change, environments change and etc. I think him or a few other guys on staff could do a good job if given the opportunity but they may want someone from outside of White Hall.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Reddie20 on January 24, 2019, 01:40:57 pm
I use to love Oklahoma Drill! As a coach, you knew who would hit and who shys away from contact.  He had some dudes at Dollarway as well.  Too many people look at the past. People change, environments change and etc. I think him or a few other guys on staff could do a good job if given the opportunity but they may want someone from outside of White Hall.
Ever run it in pregame?

GotInfo?

Word is that Super is calling around to get interest in the job. From what I hear, coaches are interested if contract improves with better money and set up changes.  Looked up Vaughn's contract, only made low 60's on 210 contract.  For a coach that had as many years as he did, sure is really low.  Was also told weight room is at another school.  What's up with that?

Spectator

Not sure on all these issues but the weight room is on campus. It's in the field house and has been since the new high school was built in the 80's

GotInfo?

Weight room is at the elementary next to High school. Was told that today. 9th graders locker room is in the place where old weight room use to be.

Pat Swilling

N. Vaughn to WH?  would make total sense.

Reddie20

This should be very interesting.....just "don't count your chickens until they hatch."
All this "he said/she said" stuff going around just wait! :o :o ??? ??? ::) ::) ;D ;D

Lumberjackfan1978

Right coach could do pretty good there

Pat Swilling

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on January 30, 2019, 09:43:56 pm
Right coach could do pretty good there

I agree but something has to be done about making the job more enticing to get the coach they are gonna want.

incogneto

They should do everything they can possibly do to get Robert Hooks. 

Reddie20

Any news here? Its pretty quiet and nobody can get anyone to talk! People need answers and quick these days, let's go!

coachsearch

Have they even started interviews yet!?

Reddie20

Not sure but people are pushy and want to know now!  ;D
Just wondering if anybody has heard any names that have applied.

WorkOrder

I heard they brought a few back for a second interview. That was a week ago though and haven't heard anything else.

GhostofRosswoodCC

Weight room not in another school

Plain stupid.  White Hall has  nice facilities

I heard State Championship Coach interviewed this week,   A White Hall Grad.

Also I think Cortez Lee would be a Great hire!!

Bought

Quote from: GhostofRosswoodCC on February 13, 2019, 04:10:31 pm
Weight room not in another school

Plain stupid.  White Hall has  nice facilities

I heard State Championship Coach interviewed this week,   A White Hall Grad.

Also I think Cortez Lee would be a Great hire!!
Weight room is at Moody Elememtry. The weightroom is a little box in the annex. Decent facilty but it is technically at another school.

Pat Swilling

youhavenoidea

goldoline

Interviews ongoing.  8-10 being interviewed. 

youhavenoidea

Quote from: goldoline on February 20, 2019, 11:16:17 am
Interviews ongoing.  8-10 being interviewed.
Thanks for info....I'll go ahead and ask the same old question.....Any Names?

Footballguy11

15 interviewed......only 4 with head coaching experience, Cortez Lee has to be the front runner.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Footballguy11 on February 26, 2019, 07:08:46 pm
15 interviewed......only 4 with head coaching experience, Cortez Lee has to be the front runner.

Why does he have to be the front runner?

we_hate_the_band

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on February 27, 2019, 07:57:28 am
Why does he have to be the front runner?

I think he's referring to his coaching style, not his position in the race.

The Ref

Quote from: Footballguy11 on February 26, 2019, 07:08:46 pm
Any names that can be released?

zebradynasty

It has always been rumored that Cortez went there with the understanding that he would someday get the job. Lee could move the needle a little over there but is he the coach to make White Hall a 5A power....naw.

HulkSmash

If Lee was getting the job they wouldn't still be interviewing...

GhostofRosswoodCC

White Hall new Coach??

Heard they had a ton of people they interviewed

Even Zebradynasty hero Bolding interviewed is the word.     Now that would be something if Bolding bolted from PB to White Hall. 

I still think Cortez Lee is the no brainer hire.  Everyone in the district likes the guy and he is good coach and knows how to win.

I guess we will continue to wait and see.

Arkansasprofit

I heard Bolding to White Hall and Cortez to LR Mills, but what do I know??????

Lumberjackfan1978

Don't think Bolding would come to White Hall

Rick Swines

Bought

Quote from: Arkansasprofit on March 07, 2019, 04:01:53 pm
I heard Bolding to White Hall and Cortez to LR Mills, but what do I know??????

Thoughts on Cortez going to Mills? He showed what he could do in Dollarway, but he was so limited at White hall so he really couldn't "work his magic" like he wanted to. Do you think he could turn the Mills program around?

purpleswag

Quote from: Bought on March 07, 2019, 10:33:06 pm
Thoughts on Cortez going to Mills? He showed what he could do in Dollarway, but he was so limited at White hall so he really couldn't "work his magic" like he wanted to. Do you think he could turn the Mills program around?

No

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Bought on March 07, 2019, 10:33:06 pm
NO

Pat Swilling

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on March 07, 2019, 09:53:57 pm
[I/quote]
I cant believe WH could pay him what PB pays.

we_hate_the_band

Quote from: Pat Swilling on March 08, 2019, 08:28:16 am
Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on March 07, 2019, 09:53:57 pm
[I/quote]
I cant believe WH could pay him what PB pays.

Well, now that PB is under state control....

zebrafan

Quote from: we_hate_the_band on March 08, 2019, 09:25:03 am

Well, now that PB is under state control....
Has been for a minute, he's still there🤔

Reddie20

Cortez would do a great job at Mills, he knows how to connect with the kids and get the best out of them.  The Bobby Bolding fiasco might upset ZebraDynasty but nobody will the truth until it finally comes out just like the whole Cabot and Reed fiasco. Deny, Deny, Deny and Accept.  Its "not personal just business," right?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas