• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A-3 Next Season?

Started by FNL_hero, January 15, 2019, 09:05:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FNL_hero

Same as last year or does someone else make some noise?

501Arkansas

Yeah pretty much the same. Osceola and Newport fighting for the 1 spot. I wouldn't be surprised is Walnut Ridge finish 2nd. I still think Osceola will win this conference again Walnut Ridge losing their leading rusher in Burris. Qb Brewer returns and their 2nd leading rusher manning. Noles will have both leading wideout back in Tray Moore and Gregg Hooks Jr. Runningback JD Winda who I expect to have a great SR season. We have our should've been all state QB Kam Turner coming back, leading tackler Mj Vance and  our best cornerback Dan Newson will be back. We lost one lineman who torn his acl last season which was Trent Brown he'll be back as well. Have to rebuild our line also. But will also lose a lot that where Seniors. But I expect another great season for the noles. As of Newport they have some rebuilding to do as well. Losing QB cash, RB Joe B, WR James Dixon, WR Zawin Smith and Julius Clark. They will have Clemmie Alcorn back. Still should be a good football team. Replacing Cash will be a problem maybe.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: 501Arkansas on January 16, 2019, 12:31:53 am
Yeah pretty much the same. Osceola and Newport fighting for the 1 spot. I wouldn't be surprised is Walnut Ridge finish 2nd. I still think Osceola will win this conference again Walnut Ridge losing their leading rusher in Burris. Qb Brewer returns and their 2nd leading rusher manning. Noles will have both leading wideout back in Tray Moore and Gregg Hooks Jr. Runningback JD Winda who I expect to have a great SR season. We have our should've been all state QB Kam Turner coming back, leading tackler Mj Vance and  our best cornerback Dan Newson will be back. We lost one lineman who torn his acl last season which was Trent Brown he'll be back as well. Have to rebuild our line also. But will also lose a lot that where Seniors. But I expect another great season for the noles. As of Newport they have some rebuilding to do as well. Losing QB cash, RB Joe B, WR James Dixon, WR Zawin Smith and Julius Clark. They will have Clemmie Alcorn back. Still should be a good football team. Replacing Cash will be a problem maybe.

I thought WR's leading rusher was a sophomore?

ISU7

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on January 16, 2019, 11:15:47 am
I thought WR's leading rusher was a sophomore?
Newport will be loading in the backfield, they have a freshman that will be a sophomore this season that  can go. Monquell Cox is back as well.

KOJACK

Anybody heard anything about Hooks heading to Magnolia???

501Arkansas

Quote from: KOJACK on January 28, 2019, 08:55:06 am
Lol never heard of that one

Maximus Decimus Meridius

Quote from: 501Arkansas on January 28, 2019, 09:07:19 am
Lol never heard of that one
Heard there or El Dorado but also heard Jones from JC name come up for El Dorado as well...be very interesting since he's a former SAU standout!

501Arkansas

Quote from: Maximus Decimus Meridius on January 29, 2019, 09:42:26 am
Heard there or El Dorado but also heard Jones from JC name come up for El Dorado as well...be very interesting since he's a former SAU standout!
Oh okay cool

ISU7

January 29, 2019, 09:41:00 pm #8 Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 09:47:00 pm by ISU7
Quote from: KOJACK on January 28, 2019, 08:55:06 am
🐦 501 knows he just play like ye doesn't know what's going on. Coach Hooks probably tired of the negative feedback from some of the fans who seemed to wanna second guess him and blame him when he loses.🤔

501Arkansas

Quote from: ISU7 on January 29, 2019, 09:41:00 pm
🐦 501 knows he just play like ye doesn't know what's going on. Coach Hooks probably tired of the negative feedback from some of the fans who seemed to wanna second guess him and blame him when he loses.🤔
Nope I don't know nothing until I ran into a older guy a couple days ago and he said he heard about this a month or two ago. I don't play like nothing. Far as negative feedback every coach gets that from "Fans".  🤡

501Arkansas

Quote from: 501Arkansas on January 29, 2019, 11:44:06 pm
Nope I don't know nothing until I ran into a older guy a couple days ago and he said he heard about this a month or two ago. I don't play like nothing. Far as negative feedback every coach gets that from "Fans".  🤡
And if I was him I'll leave. Bigger school and more money and he deserves it. Osceola better pay him if they want to keep him.

sprained ankle

KOJACK

Quote from: ISU7 on January 29, 2019, 09:41:00 pm
Osceola better pony up the $$$. They will not a get a coach of his caliber again. And just think of all the "transfers" that will "transfer" back to the other school...

ISU7

Quote from: 501Arkansas on January 29, 2019, 11:44:06 pm
Yup you needed too post that clown face you are certainly that 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

ISU7

Quote from: 501Arkansas on January 29, 2019, 11:48:20 pm
And if I was him I'll leave. Bigger school and more money and he deserves it. Osceola better pay him if they want to keep him.
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Paperman

I've heard Magnolia. I've heard El Dorado. Today it is Camden Fairview. And today I've heard from more than two dozen people who have heard the same thing. We shall see. Robert Hooks is a great coach andI wish him well no matter where he may be next school year.

ISU7

Quote from: Paperman on February 01, 2019, 04:22:03 pm
I've heard Magnolia. I've heard El Dorado. Today it is Camden Fairview. And today I've heard from more than two dozen people who have heard the same thing. We shall see. Robert Hooks is a great coach andI wish him well no matter where he may be next school year.
I think the coach from Smackover got the Eldorado job.

Made

Leo Marvin

Quote from: ISU7 on January 26, 2019, 08:29:46 am
Newport will be loading in the backfield, they have a freshman that will be a sophomore this season that  can go. Monquell Cox is back as well.

Newport will be small and inexperienced on the line next year.  They will have a sophomore quarterback to go with it.  The Greyhounds should be loaded the following year, but I bet the coaching staff still has plenty of expectations for 2019.

Ridgehog

Harrisburg had a pretty good jr high last year.  Some good 9th graders moving up should help.

501Arkansas

With Osceola knowing who will be the starting qb, 3 receives coming back(one comes back off and knee injury), running back comes back and couple linemen who was hurt last season returning and a good jr high team moving up, I see big things coming again under hooks 3rd year. Noles should run through their conference again. I wouldn’t be surprised Osceola finish undefeated in this years regular season. We get a chance to play two 5a schools which is blytheville(who we play every year) and valley view for the first time since 2011. Going to be another amazing year and some big challenges on the non conference schedule

Leo Marvin

Quote from: 501Arkansas on April 18, 2019, 05:42:43 pm
With Osceola knowing who will be the starting qb, 3 receives coming back(one comes back off and knee injury), running back comes back and couple linemen who was hurt last season returning and a good jr high team moving up, I see big things coming again under hooks 3rd year. Noles should run through their conference again. I wouldn't be surprised Osceola finish undefeated in this years regular season. We get a chance to play two 5a schools which is blytheville(who we play every year) and valley view for the first time since 2011. Going to be another amazing year and some big challenges on the non conference schedule

Osceola should be a big favorite in all conference games this year. 

ISU7

Quote from: Leo Marvin on April 18, 2019, 11:31:25 pm
Osceola should be a big favorite in all conference games this year.
Are you a Newport fan???

Leo Marvin

Quote from: ISU7 on May 01, 2019, 08:49:34 am
Are you a Newport fan???

For sure!  But Newport lost lots of experience and Osceola returned a lot from a team that made it to LR. 

I do think Newport's best days are in front of them.  LOTS of talent all the way down to peewee.  If this year's team figures some things out on the line, they will be a tough out!

501Arkansas

Quote from: Leo Marvin on May 01, 2019, 10:08:56 pm
For sure!  But Newport lost lots of experience and Osceola returned a lot from a team that made it to LR. 

I do think Newport's best days are in front of them.  LOTS of talent all the way down to peewee.  If this year's team figures some things out on the line, they will be a tough out!
Who all returns for Newport?

Leo Marvin

Key returns are two running backs, Cox and Davis. 

Have to replace pretty much entire line besides center

Have to replace a three year starter at quarterback, but a talented sophomore will probably be his replacement.

bigchief72455

Quote from: 501Arkansas on January 16, 2019, 12:31:53 am
How will Walnut Ridge do now without Treadway as coach? Think that is going to hurt them.

Leo Marvin

Quote from: Leo Marvin on May 02, 2019, 07:27:44 am
Key returns are two running backs, Cox and Davis. 

Have to replace pretty much entire line besides center

Have to replace a three year starter at quarterback, but a talented sophomore will probably be his replacement.

Forgot to mention Clemmie Alcorn returning and that's a mistake.  He's a tough football player.

501Arkansas

Quote from: Leo Marvin on May 02, 2019, 10:38:23 pm
Forgot to mention Clemmie Alcorn returning and that's a mistake.  He's a tough football player.
Cox, Davis and alcorn are tough I loved watching them guys play. Which you guys luck and a great season. See you guys the last game of the regular season. It's always a battle

Leo Marvin

Quote from: 501Arkansas on May 02, 2019, 11:30:35 pm
Cox, Davis and alcorn are tough I loved watching them guys play. Which you guys luck and a great season. See you guys the last game of the regular season. It's always a battle

And good luck to y'all, too!  Very good chance we meet up in that last game with the conference on the line. 

501Arkansas

Quote from: Leo Marvin on May 03, 2019, 06:43:02 am
And good luck to y'all, too!  Very good chance we meet up in that last game with the conference on the line.
Yeah I don't see other wise unless someone shocks us

ISU7

Quote from: Leo Marvin on May 01, 2019, 10:08:56 pm

+1 8)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas