• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1A Region 5 Girls

Started by riccoar, November 27, 2018, 08:56:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

riccoar

The meat of the schedule starts heating up starting tonight.  I'll give my rankings of these teams:

1.  Wonderview
2.  Rural Special
3.  Mount Vernon-Enola
3.  West Side
5.  Concord

I feel like MVE and West Side are both equal, with MVE the slight edge just because they have been there recently.  Should have a pretty good conference standing by the time Christmas break rolls around.

Weiser

Quote from: riccoar on November 27, 2018, 08:56:10 am
The meat of the schedule starts heating up starting tonight.  I'll give my rankings of these teams:

1.  Wonderview
2.  Rural Special
3.  Mount Vernon-Enola
3.  West Side
5.  Concord

I feel like MVE and West Side are both equal, with MVE the slight edge just because they have been there recently.  Should have a pretty good conference standing by the time Christmas break rolls around.

Who will make it out of district come February?

Weiser

November 27, 2018, 12:39:31 pm #2 Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 12:42:30 pm by Weiser
Looking at tonight's schedule for 1A Region 5 Girls going to be a interesting night.  Concord @ Wonderview, Shirley @ MVE and Rural Special @ West Side  Any one want to give thoughts or scores

riccoar

Wonderview over Concord  BIG
MVE over Shirley BIG
Rural over GFWS but close

I think I'm driving to Fox tonight to see Rural and WS

riccoar

West Side Girls win it by 1 point.

HorseFeathers

arstatechamp13

November 27, 2018, 09:39:50 pm #6 Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 09:42:31 pm by arstatechamp13
Honestly don't know if you can even rank this conference/region. They are going to beat up on each other for the next while. Conference champ may finish .500
I guess Wonderview's win tonight will put them #1 in conference.
Anybody even care about boys this year? Haha
It's going to get even more interesting

SackAttack

Yessir our little Lady Eagles are the talk of the town besides the other talk going around!! If you have to ask then you ain't been payin attention!! Gonna be much much more to talk about!! Y'all got questions and Sacks got the answers!! Great win tonight!!

Flobbito

MVE girls won by 17, boys won too if that matters. 

riccoar

Quote from: Flobbito on November 28, 2018, 05:15:58 am
MVE girls won by 17, boys won too if that matters.
I think in the Boys, everybody is chasing Timbo.  MVE boys probably 2nd depending on what they and Concord do rest of the way.

Weiser

This Friday Night will be another nail bitter for the 1A Region 5 Girls with Concord @ Rural Special, MVE @ GFWS, and Wonderview has a non-conference at Ola, AR.  Any predictions with scores.

Mr. Pappagiorgio

Concord, MVE, wonderview by however much they want. I'm out

BossBaby

November 28, 2018, 11:07:51 am #12 Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 11:42:38 am by BossBaby
Quote from: Mr. Pappagiorgio on November 28, 2018, 10:43:11 am

I think Wonderview girls will have a tough time at Two Rivers on Friday.

NewToTheLake

Quote from: Mr. Pappagiorgio on November 28, 2018, 10:43:11 am
You got 1 out of 3

Mr. Pappagiorgio

Which one, I'm curious....

NewToTheLake

Wonderview, Rural, West Side win

SackAttack

Quote from: Mr. Pappagiorgio on November 28, 2018, 11:21:26 am
Which one, I'm curious....
Hello Curious I'm Sack pleased to meet you!! Basketball really isn't your fortay is it??? If you want to know anything about basketball or other things involving coaching relationships and shenanigans just ask Sack

Mr. Pappagiorgio

I just going by the mascots, a pirate would take down an old country boy rebel anyday, Warhawk's against an eagle, come on its got the word war in their birds name. Daredevils tame gators all the time.

SackAttack

November 28, 2018, 12:52:48 pm #18 Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 12:55:44 pm by SackAttack
Quote from: Mr. Pappagiorgio on November 28, 2018, 12:46:15 pm
I just going by the mascots, a pirate would take down an old country boy rebel anyday, Warhawk's against an eagle, come on its got the word war in their birds name. Daredevils tame gators all the time.
Thats some real Sacktacular insight there! Sack likes it but our little Lady Eagles are pretty dang good boys very very disappointing given all the summer hype and blusteraries! Lesson learned summer ball don't mean no what chicken squat! And only good thing about Wonderingview( what were they thinking as I'm still scratching my bald head) is they wear green like us! And dang it who is the team hair stylist for that boys team!! I mean dang yall

ballmember

Looks like Wonderview and Greers Ferry fight it out  for stop spot,,,, the rural special and mve for 3 and 4.  Concord next.

Weiser

Quote from: ballmember on November 28, 2018, 09:07:43 pm
Looks like Wonderview and Greers Ferry fight it out  for stop spot,,,, the rural special and mve for 3 and 4.  Concord next.

You may be right but a long time till February, with lots of games, physical and mental work, because what counts is who will can make it out of district.

arstatechamp13

Haha MVE beat WSGF 20+ tonight and Concord beat Rural. Maybe it's not so simple

Flobbito

MVE won by 17, and that was padded slightly by the foul and free throw defense at the end. Regardless it is an impressive win for our girls. I don't think anyone will have an undefeated conference record.  It is an absolute travesty that one of the top five teams won't even make it to regionals. All of the top five are state playoff worthy.

Weiser

Quote from: Flobbito on December 01, 2018, 08:06:24 am
MVE won by 17, and that was padded slightly by the foul and free throw defense at the end. Regardless it is an impressive win for our girls. I don't think anyone will have an undefeated conference record.  It is an absolute travesty that one of the top five teams won't even make it to regional. All of the top five are state playoff worthy.

Agree with you 100%.  It is such a shame that in the small school setting that a team that is State quality, will not make it out of district.  With the limited choices for the 1A student athletics, shame on AAA for making that change.

riccoar

I knew this was another game that was a coin flip. MVE played a very physical game which is mind boggling how it could be WSGF that had players in foul trouble. Tudor got T'd up for it too. MVE is good, but not double digit better than WSGF. That game score should have resembled the Rural / GFWS score.  Kinda crazy the girls get beat like that and then the Boys win theirs. Did not expect a boys win against MVE.

ballmember

opinion on 4 girls team in:  wonderview. westside. mve. concord.   

riccoar

Quote from: ballmember on December 01, 2018, 10:22:14 am
opinion on 4 girls team in:  wonderview. westside. mve. concord.
At this juncture, it's Wonderview and the 3 others fighting for where they fall 2-4.

Weiser

Quote from: riccoar on December 01, 2018, 10:31:57 am
At this juncture, it's Wonderview and the 3 others fighting for where they fall 2-4.

I think it will be a dog fight between all 5, WV, GFWS, RS, Concord,MVE, to see how they are ranked, come bracket time.
Good basketball in Dec and Jan.  District will be a full house each night, to see who will make it out alive.

SackAttack

Quote from: Weiser on December 01, 2018, 10:51:31 am
I think it will be a dog fight between all 5, WV, GFWS, RS, Concord,MVE, to see how they are ranked, come bracket time.
Good basketball in Dec and Jan.  District will be a full house each night, to see who will make it out alive.
Wont take a big crowd to sell out Timbos gym! First 250 gets in others out of luck like my Uncle Lefty that lost his right arm in a rouge firecracker explosion one year during Eagle Days

Weiser

Quote from: SackAttack on December 01, 2018, 02:09:46 pm
Wont take a big crowd to sell out Timbos gym! First 250 gets in others out of luck like my Uncle Lefty that lost his right arm in a rouge firecracker explosion one year during Eagle Days

Did not know that District will be at Timbo, you are so correct. Will have to get there early to see your team play.  Wish someone would rethink the location, to accommodate the spectators. Many folks it will be last High School game their child will ever play sad that many will not be allowed in the gym.

SackAttack

Quote from: Weiser on December 01, 2018, 02:31:32 pm
Did not know that District will be at Timbo, you are so correct. Will have to get there early to see your team play.  Wish someone would rethink the location, to accommodate the spectators. Many folks it will be last High School game their child will ever play sad that many will not be allowed in the gym.
Zero chance they accommodate with the interest in that league boys and girls! Unfair to everyone involved

HorseFeathers

Would think the district would force them to host it at a larger venue....Pretty sure that's why most years the Jasper/Deer etc district is at NACC, none of those schools have a gym large enough to host a tournament

Weiser

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 01, 2018, 09:02:49 pm
Would think the district would force them to host it at a larger venue....Pretty sure that's why most years the Jasper/Deer etc district is at NACC, none of those schools have a gym large enough to host a tournament

Hope that can happen.  Everyone should talk to their Schools Sports Director, to see if that can be made a reality.

no mascot

This happens in every conference. The problem is that Timbo wouldn't get the gate and concessions $$$ if the tournament was held elsewhere. That is, unless a deal was struck...

Weiser

December 02, 2018, 11:37:46 am #34 Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 11:50:31 am by Weiser
Quote from: no mascot on December 02, 2018, 01:48:31 am
This happens in every conference. The problem is that Timbo wouldn’t get the gate and concessions $$$ if the tournament was held elsewhere. That is, unless a deal was struck...

Life is made up of deals, hope Timbo and some larger venue can work a deal that will be beneficial to all in 1A 5 Region.  Basketball is an important part of these players’ lives, and family needs to be there.

HorseFeathers

What about Mnt View? Timbo is a part of that school district, maybe that's an option?

ZacAttack

Quote from: Weiser on December 02, 2018, 11:37:46 am
Life is made up of deals, hope Timbo and some larger venue can work a deal that will be beneficial to all in 1A 5 North Conference.  Basketball is an important part of these players' lives, and family needs to be there.
I think it will be an exciting District Tourney in both the Girls and Boys divisions, but if I probably can't get in and have a seat, I'm probably going to stay at home.

You would think Timbo could make a financial agreement with someplace that would still net Timbo more money than they would get from packing their tiny gym.  Last year, Midland was jam packed with folks and people were standing waiting for seats.  And Midland has a MUCH larger seating capacity than Timbo.  I know it's helpful to have the homecourt advantage, but from what I've heard, Timbo SHOULD play well enough in any gym to advance to the Regionals.

no mascot

I'm on the mtn View bandwagon myself. I think that's be a great idea. Close enough for home court advantage as far as the crowd is concerned, but would allow max occupancy.

Weiser

Quote from: no mascot on December 02, 2018, 12:21:03 pm
I'm on the mtn View bandwagon myself. I think that's be a great idea. Close enough for home court advantage as far as the crowd is concerned, but would allow max occupancy.

Sounds GREAT to me, anything to allow max occupancy!!!  These kids work hard lets make it about them not the $$$.

HorseFeathers

Most of these kids will never participate in anything that people will pay to watch them do again....So I think moving it to where 1200 can watch instead of 200, is about the kids? What kind of fit will the locals throw when they can't get in to their own gym, because they waited til 5 minutes before game time to show up, because it's finally close to home?

no mascot

The money Timbo would make off of that tourney could make a significant difference in their athletic programs. Money is important wether we like it or not.

Weiser

Quote from: no mascot on December 02, 2018, 03:54:14 pm
The money Timbo would make off of that tourney could make a significant difference in their athletic programs. Money is important wether we like it or not.

If you put a pencil to this more money will be made with 1200 in attendance, with gate and concession, than 200 you are looking at 6 times the input of money.   A willing venue could make some money along with the athetic program of Timbo, making more.    It would seem a winning situation for all. 

HorseFeathers

I just figured Mnt View would be a viable option as Timbo is operated by the Mnt View school district 🤷

riccoar

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 02, 2018, 06:38:56 pm
I just figured Mnt View would be a viable option as Timbo is operated by the Mnt View school district 🤷
It's gotta be a bigger venue OR you sell tickets individually for each matchup.  That would require you to empty the gym after each game.  I'm cool with MVE since Timbo falls under them anyway.

HorseFeathers

December 02, 2018, 06:52:23 pm #44 Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 06:55:02 pm by HorseFeathers
Nvm

SackAttack

As long as they don't move it to ICC Sack is good!!

HorseFeathers

riccoar

Horse, would it be wrong to require a minimum amount of seating to host District?

Mr. Pappagiorgio

Quote from: NewToTheLake on November 28, 2018, 11:18:54 am
You got 1 out of 3
Well, I don't like to brag but seems like I went 3 for 3 on those picks. You have to know your mascots people. 1 out of 3, c'mon man....

Weiser

Big games tonight, WS @ Concord, Sacred Heart @ MVE,  Timbo @ Rural Special, non conference Wonderview @ Vilonia. Any perdictions and scores.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas