• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7-4A Boys and Girls teams to beat

Started by Minerdad, November 21, 2018, 01:40:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Minerdad

Who are the teams to beat in the 7-4A this year

Neckred

Girls-  Farmington Berryville Pea Ridge Batesville DeQueen Star City

Boys- It's all Mills

hawgfan15

Quote from: Neckred on November 23, 2018, 11:10:15 am

Boys- It's all Mills

7-4A.....

Minerdad

7-4A consist of Arkadelphia, Nashville, Hope, Malvern, Bauxite, DeQueen, Mena

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Minerdad on November 23, 2018, 06:22:38 pm
7-4A consist of Arkadelphia, Nashville, Hope, Malvern, Bauxite, DeQueen, Mena

Who would you say are the top girls teams from 7-4A Minerdad?

hawgfan15

NEA Razorback olfan

wait4it

Quote from: Neckred on November 23, 2018, 11:10:15 am

Boys- It's all Mills
Mills seems to be having a tough time....

wait4it

November 24, 2018, 11:00:59 am #8 Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 11:11:40 am by wait4it
Quote from: hawgfan15 on November 23, 2018, 08:30:39 pm
Boys: Mena

Girls: DeQueen
I can agree with the girls pick...but as for the boys i think it will be Malvern or Mena.  The other question is will any team from the 7-4A make the state tournament?

Neckred

wait4it

I dont see a lot of strong teams in that conference...Mena may have a shot.

Bearcat45

Mena or Malvern is a good pick, but for Mena to win the 7-4A they have to have some players step up and play like they're capable or it won't happen. 

wait4it

Quote from: Bearcat45 on November 25, 2018, 08:04:59 am
Mena or Malvern is a good pick, but for Mena to win the 7-4A they have to have some players step up and play like they're capable or it won't happen. 
Agreed....This conference is up for grabs.

hawgfan15

Quote from: wait4it on November 24, 2018, 11:00:59 am
I can agree with the girls pick...but as for the boys i think it will be Malvern or Mena.  The other question is will any team from the 7-4A make the state tournament?

Malvern is not very good and has no depth. Maybe a 3 but probably a 4 seed out of this conference.

Mena has 3 kids back that are 3 year starters. They are the team to beat. Nashville and Bauxite will be in the mix.

hawgfan15

hawgfan15

Quote from: wait4it on November 24, 2018, 11:00:59 am

I will be shocked if 7-4A gets two teams in the state tournament, boys or girls. 8-4A is stout.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: hawgfan15 on November 25, 2018, 08:42:50 pm
Real deal. You heard it here first

How would you rate the girls teams in that conference ?

Bearcat45

Yes Mena does have 4 of their starters back from last year another kid that got a lot of playing time, but like I said they need kids to step up. They will suffer inside due to lack of size underneath.  It was evident at Pea Ridge where they were out rebounded by 25 boards.  Can't win if you can't get a few boards.  The game was single digits until the last 7 minutes and they couldnt get a rebound.  I still think they are one of the top 1 or 2 teams in the 7-4A and could really improve their chances if a few of the kids step up theor game this season. 

hawgfan15

Quote from: Bearcat45 on November 25, 2018, 08:54:27 pm
Yes Mena does have 4 of their starters back from last year another kid that got a lot of playing time, but like I said they need kids to step up. They will suffer inside due to lack of size underneath.  It was evident at Pea Ridge where they were out rebounded by 25 boards.  Can't win if you can't get a few boards.  The game was single digits until the last 7 minutes and they couldnt get a rebound.  I still think they are one of the top 1 or 2 teams in the 7-4A and could really improve their chances if a few of the kids step up theor game this season.

Is the Strother kid playing? Should be a solid squad by tournament time

Bearcat45

Yes they will have a couple of kids out of football that will help them but will have to knock the rust off first.  Hoping for a good season out of a couple of the teams out of the 7-4A.  Probably somewhat of a down year for the conference as a whole, but this is one of the best teams that Mena has had in a while so hoping they have a good season. 

DQLeopard

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on November 25, 2018, 08:46:30 pm
How would you rate the girls teams in that conference ?
If DeQueen can get healthy they will be one of the best teams in the state.  Lot of injuries right now. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas