• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

QUARTERFINALS - Osceola @ Smackover

Started by 501Arkansas, November 16, 2018, 09:42:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who you got?

Osceola
47 (58.8%)
Smackover
33 (41.3%)

Total Members Voted: 80

501Arkansas

November 16, 2018, 09:42:26 pm Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 07:27:29 pm by Coach DePriest, Shiloh Christian
Osceola move to 11-1 after a win over Mansfield 53-24. Smackover move to 10-1 after a win over Danville 49-35. Thoughts?

imtie

Only way to win this one is Boone and turner have to play the whole game on defense. I felt like he was saving Greg for this week but saving him don't do no good if u loose!

501Arkansas

Quote from: imtie on November 16, 2018, 10:04:54 pm
Only way to win this one is Boone and turner have to play the whole game on defense. I felt like he was saving Greg for this week but saving him don't do no good if u loose!
Noles played sloppy tonight lost 3 fumbles. First turnovers in 4 weeks. 3 int made up for them fumbles. All 3 fumbles was in the red zone. Noles couldve has almost 60+ on Mansfield.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 16, 2018, 10:08:44 pm
Noles played sloppy tonight lost 3 fumbles. First turnovers in 4 weeks. 3 int made up for them fumbles. All 3 fumbles was in the red zone. Noles couldve has almost 60+ on Mansfield.
They can't afford that against the Buckaroos. They'll need to play their best football. But if they do, watch out, Bucks.

1wildcat

Probably not Smackovers best performance of the year but they still won.  They should win this one as well.

501Arkansas

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 16, 2018, 10:13:59 pm
They can't afford that against the Buckaroos. They'll need to play their best football. But if they do, watch out, Bucks.
Lol they'll be just fine

501Arkansas

Quote from: 1wildcat on November 16, 2018, 10:20:05 pm
Probably not Smackovers best performance of the year but they still won.  They should win this one as well.
We shall see

Smackover Fan

Going with my Buckaroos (shocker). Hopefully our field is good. If the game is played in El Dorado, I'll pick Smackover by 1 or 2, Smackover it goes up to 7.

imtie

If it's played in smacks field advantage goes to smack for sure

shiloh forever

501Arkansas

Have they made their minds up about where the game will be played at?

shiloh forever

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 16, 2018, 11:58:32 pm
Im sure it will depend on condition of the field.

501Arkansas

shiloh forever

501Arkansas

Quote from: X-Factor #1 on November 17, 2018, 12:40:52 am
then you should know it hasn't been decided yet :)
Nope that's why I asked a question 🤡

ISU7

Either way both teams will play on the same field  no excuses needed.

501Arkansas

Quote from: ISU7 on November 17, 2018, 12:57:08 am
Either way both teams will play on the same field  no excuses needed.
Yup was just wondering. I have people in smackover and el dorado trying to see who house I'm staying over lol. But I'll see before the week is over

ISU7

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 17, 2018, 01:03:22 am
Yup was just wondering. I have people in smackover and el dorado trying to see who house I'm staying over lol. But I'll see before the week is over
That wasn't at you bro JMO.
Good luck to the Noles.

501Arkansas

HeadBussa08

I'm Being dead honest when I say this. Osceola by 21. Don't see anyway smack stays on the field with the Seminoles

CatPride

Quote from: HeadBussa08 on November 17, 2018, 01:54:20 am
I'm Being dead honest when I say this. Osceola by 21. Don't see anyway smack stays on the field with the Seminoles
The Seminoles will have to play much better then they did against Mansfield. Still don't see this being a 21 point win.

501Arkansas

Quote from: HeadBussa08 on November 17, 2018, 01:54:20 am
21 man? Wow

501Arkansas

Quote from: CatPride on November 17, 2018, 07:58:39 am
The Seminoles will have to play much better then they did against Mansfield. Still don't see this being a 21 point win.
Both teams have to play better

Paperman

Seminoles kick coverage was really poor. Gave up nearly 300 yards and a score. Defense was good held Smackover to under 230 yards. 4 takeaways.
Offense only gained 630 yards.
Both teams need to play better or it might get ugly.

Horse Shoe

I was disappointed with the performance by the Bucks last night.  We looked flat out sloppy on Defense.  Not taking anything away from Danville, but if we play like that against Osceola, we will get mercy ruled.  Worst defensive performance all season.

Horse Shoe

November 17, 2018, 10:49:58 am #26 Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 10:55:07 am by Horse Shoe
Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 16, 2018, 11:58:32 pm
Supposed to rain tomorrow.  Word around here is if we get enough rain to saturate the field again, we'll be back in El Dorado.  AAA's call. The field will be good if we only get a light rain with the front coming through tomorrow.  Forecast looks good for the rest of the week.

teh29

Osceola looked sloppy and flat all the way around against Mansfield.  From reading the other posts regarding smackover..  It seems they looked flat as well.  Maybe both teams were looking forward to their match-up with each other instead of focusing on their round 2 game.  Should be a good one. I'm going to try to find some film on smackover before making any predictions.  Also,  field doesn't matter..  Like another poster said..  They will play each other on the same field..  Regardless of which field it is..  So that can't be an excuse.  Looking forward to this game..  Should be a good one. 

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Paperman on November 17, 2018, 10:06:06 am
Seminoles kick coverage was really poor. Gave up nearly 300 yards and a score. Defense was good held Smackover to under 230 yards. 4 takeaways.
Offense only gained 630 yards.
Both teams need to play better or it might get ugly.

Held Smackover???

WHITEchicken

AAA doesn't make the call to move the game. They have to approve the move but they do not make that call.

501Arkansas

Quote from: WHITEchicken on November 17, 2018, 02:16:31 pm
AAA doesn't make the call to move the game. They have to approve the move but they do not make that call.
Oh okay

Horse Shoe

Quote from: WHITEchicken on November 17, 2018, 02:16:31 pm
Not what I was told by an official.

Redskin2015

Paperman

BuckHead

Turner highlights against Danville. As you can see he will not go down with arm tackles. He is strong as they come and just refuses to go down. You would just have to know his family background to know where his ability comes from. Razorbacks do have their eyes on him!

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/11810253/5bf018b242059e0dec54c432

imtie

Quote from: BuckHead on November 17, 2018, 09:33:36 pm
Turner highlights against Danville. As you can see he will not go down with arm tackles. He is strong as they come and just refuses to go down. You would just have to know his family background to know where his ability comes from. Razorbacks do have their eyes on him!

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/11810253/5bf018b242059e0dec54c432

STUD

flow51

Proud Buckaroo

ISU7

shiloh forever

Smackover by 10.... Osceola has the talent just not the coaching.

501Arkansas

shiloh forever

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 17, 2018, 11:28:23 pm
Lol what?
Do you need it broken down for you? They have some of the best athletes in the entire state but they will not win the game because the lack of coaching. Better???

501Arkansas

Quote from: X-Factor #1 on November 17, 2018, 11:30:52 pm
Do you need it broken down for you? They have some of the best athletes in the entire state but they will not win the game because the lack of coaching. Better???
Nope not better. Yeah explain that coaching part to me. That statement doesn't makes sense

shiloh forever

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 17, 2018, 11:33:04 pm
Nope not better. Yeah explain that coaching part to me. That statement doesn't makes sense
I have watched HOURS of game film in the last 2 weeks of Osceola. I will leave it at that. Wait till you run into a talented team !

501Arkansas

Quote from: X-Factor #1 on November 17, 2018, 11:34:05 pm
I have watched HOURS of game film in the last 2 weeks of Osceola. I will leave it at that. Wait till you run into a talented team !
Sounds good!!

blackandoldgold

Only game involving 2 #1 seeded teams. Turnovers may decide this one. Going with Osceola in a mild upset on the road. Both teams look awfully good though.

501Arkansas

Quote from: blackandoldgold on November 18, 2018, 12:26:33 am
Only game involving 2 #1 seeded teams. Turnovers may decide this one. Going with Osceola in a mild upset on the road. Both teams look awfully good though.
+1

ISU7

Quote from: X-Factor #1 on November 17, 2018, 11:24:57 pm
Smackover by 10.... Osceola has the talent just not the coaching.
Lol really and how did you come too that conclusion. Coach Hooks has been at Osceola two years and he has a 22-4 record as of now. His first season at Osceola he was one play away from making it to the 2017 3A state finals finishing the season at 11-3 with 2 of those losses to the 2017 state finalist teams the other too a 5A playoff team.  8)

WHITEchicken

ISU some people don't understand coaching. There are people in Smackover that blame the coaches for the state championship loss for Smack a few years back on coaching.

501Arkansas

Quote from: ISU7 on November 18, 2018, 08:16:28 am
Lol really and how did you come too that conclusion. Coach Hooks has been at Osceola two years and he has a 22-4 record as of now. His first season at Osceola he was one play away from making it to the 2017 3A state finals finishing the season at 11-3 with 2 of those losses to the 2017 state finalist teams the other too a 5A playoff team.  8)
+1

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas