• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

QUARTERFINALS - Camden Harmony Grove @ Booneville

Started by knownothingboutfallball, November 16, 2018, 09:42:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who advances

Booneville Bearcats
49 (67.1%)
Camden Harmony Grove  Hornets
24 (32.9%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Voting closed: November 23, 2018, 09:22:17 am

knownothingboutfallball

November 16, 2018, 09:42:04 pm Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 07:26:51 pm by Coach DePriest, Shiloh Christian
Thoughts

Smackover Fan

Harmony Grove likely has their season come to an end. However, this game will be my pick for upset of the year. CHG by 1.

elmerfudd

Looking forward to a good 3rd round matchup against a team that has proven to be dangerous as an underdog!

Hgalum50

Does Booneville still run the Flexbone?

elmerfudd

Quote from: Hgalum50 on November 16, 2018, 10:35:59 pm
Does Booneville still run the Flexbone?

We have fully evolved into the air raid offense.

Hgalum50

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 16, 2018, 11:11:22 pm
We have fully evolved into the air raid offense.
Dang I was actually looking forward to seeing the flexbone! I always liked watching offenses like that.

elmerfudd

Quote from: Hgalum50 on November 16, 2018, 11:15:18 pm
Dang I was actually looking forward to seeing the flexbone! I always liked watching offenses like that.

I kid. We still run the wing T

HGaluminTN

Quote from: Hgalum50 on November 16, 2018, 09:46:11 pm
Who is GHG? lol
I wonder that everytime I see people call The Grove 'CHG'.   

HG Hornet

Quote from: Smackover Fan on November 16, 2018, 10:21:10 pm
Harmony Grove likely has their season come to an end. However, this game will be my pick for upset of the year. CHG by 1.
Thanks.  We're sure gonna try to cover that prediction. 

Hgalum50

Quote from: HGaluminTN on November 17, 2018, 07:03:21 am
I wonder that everytime I see people call The Grove 'CHG'.
Yeah that startef happening when the other HG started a football program. I wasn't fond of it until about now.

Risonwildcat212

I say CHG on here only. In person I call y'all the real Harmony Grove and the other one the fake.

Hgalum50

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on November 17, 2018, 12:25:24 pm
I say CHG on here only. In person I call y'all the real Harmony Grove and the other one the fake.
I wish we would play a game against them! Maybe a home and home series, to decide that.

HG Hornet

Quote from: Hgalum50 on November 17, 2018, 01:02:44 pm
I wish we would play a game against them! Maybe a home and home series, to decide that.
Them fakers don't want none of the REAL HG!  :)

1wildcat

It's been a great year for CHG but this is the end of the road. Booneville by 30

Hgalum50

Quote from: 1wildcat on November 17, 2018, 06:44:19 pm
It's been a great year for CHG but this is the end of the road. Booneville by 30
Booneville may win, but if you think by 30 then you are as dumb as you seem.

HG Hornet

Quote from: Hgalum50 on November 17, 2018, 08:03:17 pm
I agree with my buddy Hgalum50.  Booneville may end our season, but I wouldn't bet on a 30 point spread.  Prescott did smack us around 40-0 a few weeks back, but I believe that was actually a good thing for our team.  Afterwards, we took Smackover to the 4th quarter and could have won the game had we taken advantage of our opportunities.  The Hornets are gonna show up on Black Friday. 

1wildcat

Quote from: Hgalum50 on November 17, 2018, 08:03:17 pm
Really? You are in for a rude awakening.

Hgalum50

Quote from: 1wildcat on November 17, 2018, 08:55:28 pm
Really? You are in for a rude awakening.
Ok... tell me a new story!

imtie

UPSET ALERT! CHG down by 2 tds at half and score late in the 4th to shock the state

blackandoldgold

I believe CHG has the big play ability to upset anyone they play. However, I think Booneville advances to host a semi the next week.

Bearcatdad

After watching film on CHG I don't think they can stop our power running game.  They do have the ability to make big plays but our defense has been part of our strong suit all year.  They are very physical and won't just arm tackle or dive at your ankles.  They will hit you in them mouth over and over. Safe travels to CHG and hope everyone has a great and blessed thanksgiving.  Bearcats 41 CHG20

Headhunter15

Hornets like the big play and Booneville is power football. So it could end up very low scoring or very high scoring but, close game either way and I'm taking the hornets by 7. Id say 5-3 is the strongest and  people underestimate chg because they're 3rd from a conference with 2 other top 5 teams in 3A but they're no cakewalk

ISU7

Bearcatdad

Quote from: Headhunter15 on November 18, 2018, 08:20:51 am
Hornets like the big play and Booneville is power football. So it could end up very low scoring or very high scoring but, close game either way and I'm taking the hornets by 7. Id say 5-3 is the strongest and  people underestimate chg because they're 3rd from a conference with 2 other top 5 teams in 3A but they're no cakewalk

Booneville will be the best team CHG has seen all year and don't be surprised if no one in your conference if left after Friday night. 

CatPride

Booneville will have to limit the big plays for sure. CHG has some dudes that can go. However, I don't think CHG can stop Booneville's run game.

ChucktownTiger

Hyatt and Company win again in this one and win big. Charleston Alum and former All-State QB Doc Crowley will have the Offense running on all cylinders. Cats by 21

Hgalum50

Quote from: Bearcatdad on November 18, 2018, 08:00:30 am
After watching film on CHG I don't think they can stop our power running game.  They do have the ability to make big plays but our defense has been part of our strong suit all year.  They are very physical and won't just arm tackle or dive at your ankles.  They will hit you in them mouth over and over. Safe travels to CHG and hope everyone has a great and blessed thanksgiving.  Bearcats 41 CHG20
I don't think the Cats can stop Xaylon Falls and our stable of backs.

elmerfudd

While I feel very confident in my Cats this year, at this point in the playoffs, each opponent has to be taken seriously. Especially one that has pulled off an "upset" or two.

I do expect Booneville to win and win comfortably this week, but I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see a tight game.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: Hgalum50 on November 18, 2018, 10:03:10 am
I don't think the Cats can stop Xaylon Falls and our stable of backs.

I agree they have some fast backs but watching films and I have seen 4 different team they haven't been really hit like we hit people.  Guess we will see Friday night

ChucktownTiger

That stable better be deep. Booneville is gonna be the most physical team you've seen yet.

BearcatPride96

Booneville fits their run gaps as well or better than any team in the state, regardless of classification. The O line blows big holes to run through, and if they want to work the edges, they have home run speed, too. Harmony Grove better be exceptionally gap sound or it will be a long, long night for them.

gold45

I don't really know anything about CHG except that they weren't supposed to beat Glen Rose but they sure proved that wrong.  What kind of offense do they run?

knownothingboutfallball

Some single wing and a lot of jet sweeps and they can throw the ball down field

Hgalum50

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on November 18, 2018, 12:42:11 pm
That stable better be deep. Booneville is gonna be the most physical team you've seen yet.
Smackover is real physical and so is Prescott. We have seen some pretty physical teams. We are about 5 deep at running back and they all can move including our power back. Xaylon is the man though and will most likely have a big game. I know Booneville is real sound, I agree they are the top team in 3A, but every team can be beat. I have no clue how this game will turn out but win or lose I just want a good game that is injury free.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: Hgalum50 on November 18, 2018, 02:55:35 pm
Smackover is real physical and so is Prescott. We have seen some pretty physical teams. We are about 5 deep at running back and they all can move including our power back. Xaylon is the man though and will most likely have a big game. I know Booneville is real sound, I agree they are the top team in 3A, but every team can be beat. I have no clue how this game will turn out but win or lose I just want a good game that is injury free.

Hope for a good game and injury free as well.  Safe travels to all of CHG

Hgalum50

Quote from: Bearcatdad on November 18, 2018, 03:04:28 pm
Hope for a good game and injury free as well.  Safe travels to all of CHG
Thank you! I just hope I am off so I can come to the game.

The Beast Of 08

Quote from: 1wildcat on November 17, 2018, 06:44:19 pm
Go away clown

Jthibault

I think that if CHG defense can play sharp and tight all night, Booneville won't be able to keep up with the speed of all our skill players. I'm taking CHG 42-40

Warriors023

Booneville ROLLS CHG, 35-7
That fullback for Booneville is 6A-7A level talent and would play wherever he wanted to. CHG will not stop him.

rattlerfan17

Quote from: Jthibault on November 18, 2018, 08:54:35 pm
I think that if CHG defense can play sharp and tight all night, Booneville won't be able to keep up with the speed of all our skill players. I'm taking CHG 42-40

Dont normally lurk on the 3A forums, but my team already lost. Every Booneville game I have been to (3 this year) features some of the best discipline and conditioning seen in HS football. Booneville's D line plays extremely disciplined every down and they hardly ever miss their gaps. Speed is great, but big plays often result from D linemen not hitting their assignments. Unless you can run with power too, and a great O-line making big holes, its awfully hard to run effectively and consistantly on the Cats. On the flip side, the opposing defense almost always has their hands on their hips after each play due to the Cats dominant power running attack.

I have no doubt CHG is a good team, they wouldn't be here otherwise. However, I've also seen Booneville wear down even the most "flashy" teams, whether they've claimed speed, size, etc. Booneville is just so sound on their fundamentals.

Just a few observations from a non-native ;)

elmerfudd

It's your first post, so I guess we'll let one slide.

Bearcatdad

Welcome to FF.  Maybe you will figure it out sooner than later but you really don't have a clue about what you are saying here.  CHG May be fast and have some big plays but they won't stop our offense!!!   If you want to think we have never seen speed before just ask some of the 4A team we have played with this same defense for last 2years    They will be ready to play and play very physical Friday night.  And there is no place like playing at Bearcat Stadium. Look forward to a great football game with 2 quality teams. 

Warriors023

Quote from: Bearcatdad on November 18, 2018, 09:43:30 pm
Welcome to FF.  Maybe you will figure it out sooner than later but you really don't have a clue about what you are saying here.  CHG May be fast and have some big plays but they won't stop our offense!!!   If you want to think we have never seen speed before just ask some of the 4A team we have played with this same defense for last 2years    They will be ready to play and play very physical Friday night.  And there is no place like playing at Bearcat Stadium. Look forward to a great football game with 2 quality teams.
Yeah. I'll NEVER get that forsaken train horn ring out of my head.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: Warriors023 on November 18, 2018, 09:52:46 pm
Yeah. I'll NEVER get that forsaken train horn ring out of my head.

+1.  Good luck to the Warriors this week.  Play your game and do what you do and y'all will be ok.  Safe travels and happy thanksgiving to our conference counterparts!!

Warriors023

Quote from: Bearcatdad on November 18, 2018, 10:00:47 pm
+1.  Good luck to the Warriors this week.  Play your game and do what you do and y'all will be ok.  Safe travels and happy thanksgiving to our conference counterparts!!
Same to you! I'll be cheering y'all on in littlerock in 2 weeks!!

Bearcatdad

Quote from: Warriors023 on November 18, 2018, 10:39:54 pm
Same to you! I'll be cheering y'all on in littlerock in 2 weeks!!

Thanks   1 game at a time and Hopefully boys will play to their potential and get better every week.

RyanLR

Booneville is battle tested, they beat Ozark who is in the 4A quarterfinals. They are so strong at the line of scrimmage. Carson Ray is a load to bring down. I'm sticking with the Bearcats in this one.

knownothingboutfallball

Quote from: RyanLR on November 19, 2018, 03:21:15 am
Booneville is battle tested, they beat Ozark who is in the 4A quarterfinals. They are so strong at the line of scrimmage. Carson Ray is a load to bring down. I'm sticking with the Bearcats in this one.
+1 strong at the line of scrimmage for sure

Jimbo Morphis

Didn't know there were 13 Grove posters on this board.

beaverfan007

Chg came to play Friday night they are a pretty salty group that don't quit I think boonville has the upper hand in this but I can see an upset 38-35 cats

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas