• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McClellan at PA

Started by PA Dad, November 09, 2018, 09:36:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JacketFan

November 11, 2018, 11:24:06 pm #50 Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 11:28:55 pm by JacketFan
Quote from: Go Postal on November 11, 2018, 10:45:48 pm
If the Bruins wins, I understand that PA would have the semifinal at home because they are a 1st seed on the top tier of the lower bracket but I have a hypothetical question.

What if McClellan wins over PA and Harrison wins over Wynne.  Wouldn't the semifinal game be held in Harrison because they are a 1st seed on the bottom tier of the lower bracket and McClellan is a 2nd seed on the top tier of the lower bracket?
1 seed always will have home field, but if u both were 1 seeds, then the team on top would be home team, I got this from the playoff packet, The conference winners or higher conference finishers will always have the home field designation. If two conference winners or two same place conference finishers meet, the team on the top line of the pairings will be the home team.

PA Dad

Quote from: Go Postal on November 11, 2018, 10:45:48 pm
If the Bruins wins, I understand that PA would have the semifinal at home because they are a 1st seed on the top tier of the lower bracket but I have a hypothetical question.

What if McClellan wins over PA and Harrison wins over Wynne.  Wouldn't the semifinal game be held in Harrison because they are a 1st seed on the bottom tier of the lower bracket and McClellan is a 2nd seed on the top tier of the lower bracket?

Yes.  As I understand a one seed always plays at home over a lower seed .  And, because Harrison is in the top half of the bracket they will play at home against PA as long as they keep winning.

JacketFan

Quote from: PA Dad on November 11, 2018, 11:33:17 pm
Yes.  As I understand a one seed always plays at home over a lower seed .  And, because Harrison is in the top half of the bracket they will play at home against PA as long as they keep winning.
On the same note, if Blytheville wins, and Texarkana wins, the hogs will have to travel all the way to Blytheville, that is a long haul.

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: PA Dad on November 11, 2018, 11:33:17 pm

The bracket I have has PA on the top half of the lower bracket and would play at home, as long as they keep winning, until the championship at WMS. 

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Bruin Fan on November 12, 2018, 06:45:15 am
The bracket I have has PA on the top half of the lower bracket and would play at home, as long as they keep winning, until the championship at WMS.

Pretty sure this is their home field too.

PA Dad

Quote from: PA Bruin Fan on November 12, 2018, 06:45:15 am

I'm sure you're right.  I should have looked at the brackets again before posting.

STBruin

Quote from: PA Dad on November 12, 2018, 09:47:08 am
I'm sure you're right.  I should have looked at the brackets again before posting.

PA gets home field, since last year we had to travel to Nettleton because of the bracket, and it rotates every year.

HeberFan

PA has to find a way to move the ball Friday.... surely they'll come up with something?

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: HeberFan on November 12, 2018, 02:39:44 pm
PA has to find a way to move the ball Friday.... surely they'll come up with something?

That hasn't been a problem for PA this year. 

HeberFan

PA Bruin Fan

HeberFan

Quote from: PA Bruin Fan on November 12, 2018, 03:46:23 pm
Gotcha, sorry, it's Monday.

Yeah, if PA can brush up on its passing game, and maybe get creative with special teams, the Bruins have a chance. Otherwise, it's basketball season.

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: HeberFan on November 12, 2018, 03:49:02 pm
Yeah, if PA can brush up on its passing game, and maybe get creative with special teams, the Bruins have a chance. Otherwise, it's basketball season.
I wish I felt that confident. While PA's recent history with McClellan have been wins, they were all close games.  McClellan always has the size and plays physical.   I think PA wins, but it should be a good game. 

Lumberjackfan1978

HeberFan

I think the colder the weather, the better for McClellan. That said, Boys in Blue still win.

JacketFan

Quote from: HeberFan on November 14, 2018, 04:00:59 pm
I think the colder the weather, the better for McClellan. That said, Boys in Blue still win.
Its gonna be 60 degrees Friday, gonna be t-shirt weather

HeberFan

Quote from: JacketFan on November 14, 2018, 04:15:23 pm
Its gonna be 60 degrees Friday, gonna be t-shirt weather

Game-time weather now predicted in the 40s. That's what I get for remembering a two-day-old forecast.

MDXPHD

I'll be making the trip to PA tonight. Even convinced the mrs. and one of my kids to join me! Looking forward to a good game. I may even meet some of you PA posters.

Go Postal

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 16, 2018, 07:00:31 am
I'll be making the trip to PA tonight. Even convinced the mrs. and one of my kids to join me! Looking forward to a good game. I may even meet some of you PA posters.
MDX, have a good time there and behave.  I remember what happened when you went to that English game.

https://youtu.be/8ki-rfrXApo

Maybe the Bruins will let you visit their royal box.  LOL

MDXPHD

Quote from: Go Postal on November 16, 2018, 07:41:23 am
MDX, have a good time there and behave.  I remember what happened when you went to that English game.

https://youtu.be/8ki-rfrXApo

Maybe the Bruins will let you visit their royal box.  LOL

I cannot guarantee that I won't do the same thing again! I'm hoping my wife keeps me in line tonight.

Dapper Dan

When was the last time PA lost?

MDXPHD

HeberFan

Maynard G Krebs

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 16, 2018, 07:00:31 am

My invitation to dinner stands.  Just let me know if you want to take me up on it and I'll PM you with the details.

Why don't we do a meet and greet of all posters who want to at the goalpost in the East endzone at halftime?

Maynard G Krebs

so you will be able to recognize me:

RazorDad

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 16, 2018, 02:47:37 pm
so you will be able to recognize me:

I thought that was you I saw out here at Walmart!!

JessieP

PA Dad

Quote from: Jimmy1995 on November 09, 2018, 09:37:01 pm
Looks like we will find out next week!

Jimmy, if you're at the game come see us at the meet and greet at halftime at the East goalpost.

JessieP

I'm bummed that I will be unable to attend. The boss (Wife) informed me that we have a nieces homecoming to attend (Homecoming at a basketball game? Is this Russia?). I 100% will be there next week or at WMS. MDXPHD will be there lowering the property value in Batesville's name. MDX, Be sure and leave some empty beer cans in the parking lot.

The A-Team

the voice

the voice

hogrock

Coach K, staff and players very intense tonight, peaking at the right time

PA Dad

I and other PA posters met MDX tonight.  He's actually a nice guy!  I'm not making that up!

Seriously it's always nice to meet other posters and I enjoyed meeting MDX. 

Now, where's JessieP?

Maynard G Krebs

Great meeting MDXPHD and seeing the other guys. This bigbof a win was a surprise for me 

Re Jessie P:  basketball homecoming this early?

Maynard G Krebs

Should have posted a congratulations to McClellan for having another good season.

Yellowcake

MPX, great dude.
Greta getting to put faces with names.
Get your rear here next week Jessie.
As for the game, PA is just flat good.
Better eat your Wheaties goblins.

PA Dad

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 16, 2018, 11:26:22 pm
Should have posted a congratulations to McClellan for having another good season.

I second that.  Coach Moody has done an amazing job turning that program around.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: PA Dad on November 16, 2018, 11:30:51 pm
I second that.  Coach Moody has done an amazing job turning that program around.
I assume he will get the job at the new southwest high school?

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on November 17, 2018, 09:15:32 am
I assume he will get the job at the new southwest high school?
Hard to imagine a better candidate for the job

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on November 16, 2018, 09:29:47 pm
I and other PA posters met MDX tonight.  He's actually a nice guy!  I'm not making that up!

Seriously it's always nice to meet other posters and I enjoyed meeting MDX. 

Now, where's JessieP?

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 16, 2018, 10:06:21 pm
Great meeting MDXPHD and seeing the other guys. This bigbof a win was a surprise for me 

Re Jessie P:  basketball homecoming this early?

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 16, 2018, 11:30:09 pm
MPX, great dude.
Greta getting to put faces with names.
Get your rear here next week Jessie.
As for the game, PA is just flat good.
Better eat your Wheaties goblins.

It was good meeting all of you guys. I enjoyed my visit and want to thank P.A. Dad for being extremely generous and allowing me to sit by him! Very nice people all around. Maynard looks just like his picture above and his Limo is even nicer. (Jessie is jealous). I even watched Yellowcake run into the field and take something that belonged to a McClellan player - I think that's what happened anyway.

I'm not sure Jessie will ever reveal his identity! If so, hopefully I'll be there to meet him. Depending on what my plans are on the day after thanksgiving, I might just have to come watch the Harrison and PA matchup.

STBruin

Anyone talking about the cheap shot on the PA kicker...same ole McClellan...

rzrbackfan

Quote from: The A-Team on November 16, 2018, 08:26:51 pm
A PA beat down!!

PA going to run the rest of the playoffs?  Looks like they are picking up speed!!!

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: STBruin on November 18, 2018, 08:04:22 pm
Anyone talking about the cheap shot on the PA kicker...same ole McClellan...
I didn't see it. When did it happen, and what was it?

It wasn't the female kicker was it?

MDXPHD

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on November 19, 2018, 09:25:41 am

They were probably mad because her onside kicks were taking great bounces and allowing PA a chance to recover them.

STBruin

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on November 19, 2018, 09:25:41 am

It was. As soon as she kicked the ball, a McClellan defender made a beeline and blindsided her. To her credit she bounced up, bit it was a dirty play.

Chief_Osceola™

Since I wasn't able to see this game, someone tell me - how was White able to have such a huge game? Did McClellan not bother watching last year's championship game? I thought he was PA's mvp that game. Did they have a plan to try to limit him and just failed to execute, or was it something else?

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: STBruin on November 20, 2018, 08:55:10 am
It was. As soon as she kicked the ball, a McClellan defender made a beeline and blindsided her. To her credit she bounced up, bit it was a dirty play.

Part of football. Only thing I can say is:  tough dude (?), but tougher girl.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 20, 2018, 10:38:27 pm
Part of football. Only thing I can say is:  tough dude (?), but tougher girl.
Blocking is part of football. It was described as a cheap shot which isn't part of football.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas