• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marion vs Jonesboro

Started by q_dog_06, October 29, 2018, 08:02:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

So who do y'all have winning this game

Marion
14 (46.7%)
Jonesboro
16 (53.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Voting closed: November 02, 2018, 08:02:46 am

q_dog_06

I have marion winning this one by a  very close game

Gomer_Pyle_It_On

Marion will have to have a near-perfect game to beat the Hurricane. Marion has come on very strong since the last loss to Searcy week 6. Defense's only blunder came during the storms against Pine Bluff, but Jonesboro's reputation has always been offense. Give me Marion by 3 in a game where the winner is whoever has the ball last. Problem is Marion has to win by 12 to claim the 2-seed and that seems like a very tall order. Best of luck to both teams, and hopefully we can avoid injuries this week for the playoffs. Marion's seems to be bitten by the injury bug at Cooksey-John's.

Sporty

October 29, 2018, 01:43:26 pm #2 Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 01:58:04 pm by Sporty
 ::)

Bigfootdogfan

Quote from: Sporty on October 29, 2018, 01:43:26 pm
Going with Marion on this game. They are clicking on all cylinders. Picking Marion 36-14
We beat Jonesboro last year.
e

Beating Jonesboro last year? What does that have to do with this year? GW beat Fort Smith Northside last several years but they got us this year. If we went by who we beat last year I guess we wouldn't have to play this year.

RoundorOval

October 29, 2018, 09:14:23 pm #4 Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 09:30:01 pm by RoundorOval
Should be a Great Game!

ISU7

Bigfootdogfan

Quote from: ISU7 on October 30, 2018, 07:37:52 am
Canes by 10

Ha you finally picked one before it was played, not sure you picked the winner but at least you picked it before it was played. lOL!!!!!!

OB11

This game is being played on Thursday. Shouldn't have any bearing on the outcome, but it's worth noting.

Riverviewdad5

WeRAllFans

This will be a close one for sure. Marion has played better each week since the Searcy game. Maybe they are peaking at the right time, BUT is it enough to beat Jonesboro? Yes, Marion by 2. Turnovers will be huge in this one. The Marion coaches will have their team ready to play.

Redwolves8526

Marion by 10. Lots of speed on the field in this game. Definitely will be a good one to watch.

youhavenoidea

Think the Canes get this one 31-21

Topdog1

Who wants to come to Greenwood game.  Good luck to both.   Home team by 7. 

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

October 31, 2018, 04:16:08 pm #13 Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 04:18:21 pm by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam
Marion 21
Jonesboro 34

Topdog1

Is there a live feed provided by either school?

q_dog_06

Bigfootdogfan

I watched this game on live stream and I wonder how Jonesboro won a game all year.

q_dog_06

Quote from: Bigfootdogfan on November 01, 2018, 09:47:02 pm
I watched this game on live stream and I wonder how Jonesboro won a game all year.

Man I was wondering the same thing they aren't that good of a team I thought they were

Bigfootdogfan

I figured out why they lost! They threw this game to get the 3 seed so they wouldn't have to travel to Greenwood and they could stay in the bracket with West Memphis. There chances are better in that bracket but if they play like they did tonight they won't get past the first round playing west #4

The Future

November 01, 2018, 09:58:55 pm #19 Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 10:01:13 pm by The Future
I caught the last quarter. I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking the same thing. The West's 5 or maybe even 6 seed could beat this team that showed up it seems. Surely just an off night?

The East is just so wonky. West Memphis barely beats Marion who easily beats Jonesboro who beat Pine Bluff who took West Memphis to the limit who took overtime and a field goal to take down Jacksonville who got smoked by a combined 96-0 by Marion and Jonesboro.

West Memphis really is the Easts only shot at a title. But it's starting to look like it could very well be an all West title game.

Bigfootdogfan

I think it will be GW vs Benton in LR

Mr_Deb

Y'all are making it sound like the Springdale 5 are back.

Bigfootdogfan

Quote from: Mr_Deb on November 01, 2018, 10:30:41 pm
Y'all are making it sound like the Springdale 5 are back.

Springdale 5, lol!!!!! You mean the Springdale , I mean the Harber 3 ????

Mr_Deb

If it's an all west finals this season I'm definitely retiring from fearless friday ;D

The Future

Quote from: Mr_Deb on November 01, 2018, 10:43:10 pm
If it's an all west finals this season I'm definitely retiring from fearless friday ;D

Bum bum bummmm!

Careful friend. There are a number of people here who may hold ya to that! Lol

Mr_Deb

Quote from: The Future on November 01, 2018, 10:44:46 pm
Bum bum bummmm!

Careful friend. There are a number of people here who may hold ya to that! Lol

;D +1

Bigfootdogfan

Quote from: Mr_Deb on November 01, 2018, 10:43:10 pm

Where will the retirement party be? LOL!!!!!

westmem

Don't worry Deb it want 👌🏿all east this year give the east a chance

Redwolves8526

Make that 2 years in a row Marion has beaten Jonesboro...impressive.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: westmem on November 02, 2018, 12:20:48 am

The more you make dumb comments like this, the more i wonder a few things:  Are you just trolling the WM fans?  Are you drunk?  Or are you truly this stupid?   Please answer, if you can.

Bigfootdogfan

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on November 02, 2018, 10:23:33 am
The more you make dumb comments like this, the more i wonder a few things:  Are you just trolling the WM fans?  Are you drunk?  Or are you truly this stupid?   Please answer, if you can.

I say answer #3

The Future

Quote from: westmem on November 02, 2018, 12:20:48 am

Well I'd say every East team has had the same amount of chances as every West team to show us what they're capable of. We've had 9 games with 1 more tonight.

And what have we seen so far?

-Greenwood and Benton, 2 West teams, are a clear cut over everyone else.
-West Memphis, am East team, while they have put together a 10-0 record which is an acknowledable achievement in itself, hasn't shown enough to say they can hang with the top two teams.
-We have an East surprise team in Marion who has tremendous momentum going into the playoffs. But a bye week is just as dangerous a setback as it can be a helpful extra week of practice.
-Then there's everyone else. The 3-5 seeds from either conference can all beat each other on any given night. However, the West 3-5 seeds have a much better chance of beating the top 2 East teams than the East 3-5 seeds do of beating the West top 2 teams.

So yea. We stand by our assessments. Look for an all West finals and at least 3 West teams in the semis.

Bigfootdogfan

Quote from: The Future on November 02, 2018, 11:34:30 am
Well I'd say every East team has had the same amount of chances as every West team to show us what they're capable of. We've had 9 games with 1 more tonight.

And what have we seen so far?

-Greenwood and Benton, 2 West teams, are a clear cut over everyone else.
-West Memphis, am East team, while they have put together a 10-0 record which is an acknowledable achievement in itself, hasn't shown enough to say they can hang with the top two teams.
-We have an East surprise team in Marion who has tremendous momentum going into the playoffs. But a bye week is just as dangerous a setback as it can be a helpful extra week of practice.
-Then there's everyone else. The 3-5 seeds from either conference can all beat each other on any given night. However, the West 3-5 seeds have a much better chance of beating the top 2 East teams than the East 3-5 seeds do of beating the West top 2 teams.

So yea. We stand by our assessments. Look for an all West finals and at least 3 West teams in the semis.

👍

Sporty

November 02, 2018, 12:09:05 pm #33 Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 01:59:21 pm by Sporty
[ :'(

ricepig

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on November 02, 2018, 08:45:56 am
Make that 2 years in a row Marion has beaten Jonesboro...impressive.

I find it amusing that you base your season on beating Jonesboro. Truthfully, they don't have much talent this year, now last year was a big disappointment with the level of talent they had.

Bigfootdogfan

Quote from: Sporty on November 02, 2018, 12:09:05 pm
Hate to say I told you so. Marion made several mistakes and still trounced Jboro.
Jboro not that bad, Marion just that good.

Sporty, you may be right, we will see once you play a team from the west. I watched the game last night and in my opinion Jonesboro made Marion look a lot better then they really are.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: ricepig on November 02, 2018, 01:15:02 pm
I find it amusing that you base your season on beating Jonesboro. Truthfully, they don't have much talent this year, now last year was a big disappointment with the level of talent they had.

Wouldn't call myself a fan of Marion. Don't live in the area anymore. But it is impressive that Marion has beaten them two years in a row, considering I don't remember the last time that has happened. Don't take it personal, you should feel good that a program measures itself against JB.

Mr_Deb

Quote from: Bigfootdogfan on November 01, 2018, 10:49:41 pm

Where will the retirement party be? LOL!!!!!

I MAY retire... if I were you I wouldn't get full of the kibbles n bits just yet. ;)

Mr_Deb

It's the ghost of Gus Malzahn... :-X

westmem

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on November 02, 2018, 10:23:33 am

Really ??? DOYOUKNOWHOWSTUPIDIAM you fit all three categories

ricepig

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on November 02, 2018, 03:05:51 pm
Wouldn't call myself a fan of Marion. Don't live in the area anymore. But it is impressive that Marion has beaten them two years in a row, considering I don't remember the last time that has happened. Don't take it personal, you should feel good that a program measures itself against JB.

Ok, and no they haven't won two in a row since '06-'07, the first two meetings. Talent levels cycle up and down, and coaching staffs change. It appears WM, Marion, and Searcy have improved theirs.

Bigfootdogfan

I am inviting all you 6a east folks to come over to The Greenwood dog pound live stream and see what you may be facing if you get the chance to come to GW.

westmem

Bigfootdogfan

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on November 02, 2018, 03:05:51 pm

Why would a school judge their program against JB?  smh

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas