• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dardy vs Pottsville, The Battle of the Big River

Started by Lizard47, September 15, 2018, 09:21:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lizard47

No way that trophy is going anywhere. Lizards take care of business in conference opener by a lot.

lizard1989

I hope you are right, I just don't want our team to take them
Hem too lightly. I don't think that will be the case, but just something to keep in the back of their minds.

bilboswaggins

The Coach

Dardanelle will get Pottsvilles best game no doubt

bilboswaggins

Quote from: The Coach on September 16, 2018, 08:34:50 pm
Dardanelle will get Pottsvilles best game no doubt
Bad blood or the Warren vs Stuttgart thing?

The Coach

Quote from: bilboswaggins on September 16, 2018, 08:42:56 pm
Bad blood or the Warren vs Stuttgart thing?

Rivalry games are always tough to call. Dardanelle will get a different Apache team then others do.

Lizard47

Yeah it's just right across the river, only a few minutes down the road. There's a travelling trophy, it's a good little in conference rivalry.

Gray lizard

I just do not have a good feeling going into this game. I am afraid it will be a big night for the Lizards.   Pottsville has some gaps and if Dardanelle exploits them they will chunk their way down the field. If they score early it could lead to often and get out of hand real quick.

Lizard47

Lizard47

Hootens seems to think this game will be close. They also thought the Gentry game would be close and that Charleston would beat us and that PG would beat us. I don't believe this game will be close at all. Lizards are ready to open it up on the Apaches.

Gray lizard

September 19, 2018, 08:04:02 am #10 Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 11:29:51 am by Gray lizard
This should have been Pottsville's year to start a three to four year win streak.  With the current situation I do not think it will happen now.  When there leading rusher is starting at Russellville.  Then the so thought future of Pottsville has yet to play a down this year and the other missing players it all adds up.  I felt Pottsville would have a chance to compete on the State level the next two years.  That all depended on keeping the ship afloat and moving forward.  I am afraid the boat is taking on water. I am also afraid the 4-4A will not fair well come playoff time.

The Coach

September 19, 2018, 02:48:05 pm #11 Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 02:50:31 pm by The Coach
This game will be much closer then ppl think and Dardanelle fully expects "the future" to play Friday. Dardanelle expects the team that gave Booneville all they could handle for sure.

Gray lizard

Coach I hope you are right on this one but I just don't think you are correct.

Gray lizard

Quote from: The Coach on September 19, 2018, 02:48:05 pm
This game will be much closer then ppl think and Dardanelle fully expects "the future" to play Friday. Dardanelle expects the team that gave Booneville all they could handle for sure.
The future will not play and will soon be in another district.

StevenGlen

No game tonight in Dardanelle.  This one has been moved to 4pm tomorrow (September 22) at Cyclone Stadium in Russellville.  Keenan field is soaked and there is considerable lightening in the area. 

The Coach

Lizard47

Quote from: StevenGlen on September 21, 2018, 05:25:23 pm
No game tonight in Dardanelle.  This one has been moved to 4pm tomorrow (September 22) at Cyclone Stadium in Russellville.  Keenan field is soaked and there is considerable lightening in the area.

Yeah the monsoon is here, a lot of water in a short amount of time. My yard is a lake. Russellville is a good halfway point with an artificial field. Appreciate the loan Russellville, good luck to yall tonight

maxswine

Quote from: Lizard47 on September 21, 2018, 06:25:39 pm
Yeah the monsoon is here, a lot of water in a short amount of time. My yard is a lake. Russellville is a good halfway point with an artificial field. Appreciate the loan Russellville, good luck to yall tonight

It's Russellville's pleasure.  I was with the Courier sportswriter last year for a game at Dardanelle.  Have never been treated better than I was that night.  Dardanelle is top notch.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: maxswine on September 21, 2018, 06:41:54 pm
It's Russellville's pleasure.  I was with the Courier sportswriter last year for a game at Dardanelle.  Have never been treated better than I was that night.  Dardanelle is top notch.
Russellville has amazing facilities and the entire River Valley is fortunate that they are always willing to share those facilities. I have nothing but respect for them and would love to see them get another 6A title.

Lizard47

Way to go Lizards!! On to next, take the conference by storm!

Sigmund Sauer

Wow, 52 points is an impressive number offensively in nice weather, even more so in a game that was played in constant rain. Dardanelle was missing one of their main offensive skill players as well. I expected a much close result in this one. Ozark and Dardanelle should be a great game, but I also said this one would be.

The Coach

I was wrong. Really thought the good, inspired Pottsville team would show up. They may have had more turnovers then first downs.

Apache4Life

Gray lizard

Dardanelle dominated the game from the kick off. Looking better ever game I have watched. Good luck.

Lizard47

How bout that defense folks? Giving the offense a chance to hang half a hundred on a clock eater team.

x14113

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on September 22, 2018, 06:35:13 pm
Ozark and Dardanelle should be a great game, but I also said this one would be.

The Hillbillies should make for a much better challenge, especially if we're healthy.

The Apaches will have a hard time with Mena if they keep playing like that.

Lizard47

Quote from: x14113 on September 22, 2018, 10:40:11 pm
The Hillbillies should make for a much better challenge, especially if we're healthy.

The Apaches will have a hard time with Mena if they keep playing like that.

If they turn the ball over that many times again I'm sure Subiaco could pull off a W

Lizard47

A dead T team doesn't have any room for turnovers. Remember this team played within 2 points of Booneville. It's a tale of 2 different teams in the same uniform. Downright strange.

Lizard47

I've been saying all along that Ozark was the biggest challenge in the conference. Maybe we should both be careful not to overlook Elkins. Not sure about their strength of schedule so far but man have they racked up some offense.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: Lizard47 on September 22, 2018, 11:10:29 pm
I've been saying all along that Ozark was the biggest challenge in the conference. Maybe we should both be careful not to overlook Elkins. Not sure about their strength of schedule so far but man have they racked up some offense.
I agree, and I'd love to here X's opinion on Elkins at this point.

x14113

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on September 22, 2018, 11:37:13 pm
...I'd love to here X's opinion on Elkins at this point.

It's been largely the same since the offseason: The Elks will go as far as their offense can take them.

We'll find out just how far starting in Week 7.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: x14113 on September 23, 2018, 01:01:34 am
It's been largely the same since the offseason: The Elks will go as far as their offense can take them.

We'll find out just how far starting in Week 7.
Well, the people over at Hootens have Elkins picked by only 10 over Dover. I was thinking closer to 30.

Lizard47

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on September 24, 2018, 08:03:04 pm
Well, the people over at Hootens have Elkins picked by only 10 over Dover. I was thinking closer to 30.

After what happened Friday I agree with you

Gray lizard

Hootens has to sell their magazines.  They are always on the low side on their picks.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas