• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pocahontas@Brookland

Started by bigchief72455, September 15, 2018, 12:36:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bigchief72455

Saw Brookland Coach at Pocahontas' game. He looked hopeful. Skins will be a little beat up coming into Brookland next week but still win.

Redskin2015

Hatchet

Brookland looks like TARZAN but plays like JANE ;D ;D

Ghs21

Coltfan2005

#3 gets his hands on the ball like he should
Pokey wins in a mercy rule

Coach's waste their best talent on offense
Pokey still wins

bootlegger

from what Coltfan says this number 3 must be a division 1 prospect.But i also feel Pokey should win

ISU7

Bearkatzs beat Pokey in this one but only out the dressing room on to the playing field ;D
Redskins by 21

bigchief72455

It is a long walk from their locker rooms

Brown

Quote from: bootlegger on September 16, 2018, 09:36:14 pm
from what Coltfan says this number 3 must be a division 1 prospect.But i also feel Pokey should win
Devon Adams is overrated he brags about his 4.3 speed but he's scared of physicality

ISU7

Quote from: Brown on September 17, 2018, 01:07:17 pm
Devon Adams is overrated he brags about his 4.3 speed but he's scared of physicality
No player want to be hit hard  ::) ::)

Coltfan2005

And the crap-o-meter just pegged out. How about you don't call out individual players and bad mouth them. Bad mouth a coach, say a team is no good, say a player is not ready, say a player is playing hurt...but keep your big mouth shut on the kids.

bigchief72455

Yeah it's one thing to name the position but when you use names that is getting personal. They are just kids playing a sport. They are not college level or pros.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: bigchief72455 on September 17, 2018, 05:45:37 pm
Yeah it's one thing to name the position but when you use names that is getting personal. They are just kids playing a sport. They are not college level or pros.
agree names should not be called

Coltfan2005

But I will call his name out in this way... Adams has as much talent as any high school athlete I have seen on this side of the state in the last few years. I would love to see this kid play for the Colts, where his talent would be utilized to the fullest.

Coltfan2005

But don't think we don't appreciate your time in your school's band.

Brown

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 17, 2018, 06:58:52 pm
But don't think we don't appreciate your time in your school's band.
I agree players should not be called out I just got tired of hearing about how great he is and how he is the best athlete to ever come through and I will refrain from using player names in the future.  I agree he is a good athlete but when he played us (Westside) last year he didn't play like the all-star everyone says he is.  I'm not saying that we are an outstanding team either.  What I am saying is that while moving him back to QB will help, it will not make Pocahontas the beast of the east like everyone thinks will happen

Redskin2015

Quote from: Brown on September 18, 2018, 09:17:57 am
I agree players should not be called out I just got tired of hearing about how great he is and how he is the best athlete to ever come through and I will refrain from using player names in the future.  I agree he is a good athlete but when he played us (Westside) last year he didn't play like the all-star everyone says he is.  I'm not saying that we are an outstanding team either.  What I am saying is that while moving him back to QB will help, it will not make Pocahontas the beast of the east like everyone thinks will happen
Hope Westside has made changes on defense if not they're gonna be fighting to make the playoffs

ShowerBuddy69

"I heard that Dawson may not be playing this week because of his "decision making" looks like a relatively unknown senior named Christian Ward #44 may be stepping up the starting position. Idk if his body type is right for football but I know what it is good for  ;) ;)

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Quote from: ShowerBuddy69 on September 18, 2018, 09:43:57 am
"I heard that Dawson may not be playing this week because of his "decision making" looks like a relatively unknown senior named Christian Ward #44 may be stepping up the starting position. Idk if his body type is right for football but I know what it is good for  ;) ;)
the trolls are back in town

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Brown on September 18, 2018, 09:17:57 am

No excuse.

SuperFan08

Excited to see my team play Pocahontas. There is a couple Pokey fans on here so it should be some fun trash talking. Brookland will win and start their road to 3rd place in the 3-4A.

Coltfan2005

Brookland? Third seed? No offense, but maybe hope for a 5th place finish.

AverageJo24

Quote from: SuperFan08 on September 18, 2018, 01:52:17 pm
Excited to see my team play Pocahontas. There is a couple Pokey fans on here so it should be some fun trash talking. Brookland will win and start their road to 3rd place in the 3-4A.

:o

Coltfan2005

After looking at the schedule, I see Brookland definitely beating Cave City and maybe Highland. Can't see them beating Pokey.

Ghs21

My predictions
1st colts/pirates
2nd colts pirates
3rd pokie
4th Westside
5th Trumann
6th Brookland
7th highland
8th cave city

bigchief72455

The Westside game that Mr.Brown likes to bring up was an ot loss for Pocahontas. Not sure what did not click that night but it did not lessen that individuals ability. I recall Pocahontas shutting out Gosnell a few years ago when they had the great rb that is now at UCA. Nobody ever doubted what the young man was capable of. He went on to have a great season. #3 the week after that ot loss went on to have a great 1st round game at Dumas and a well fought loss in the second round. The kids numbers speak volumes about his ability.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: bigchief72455 on September 18, 2018, 06:35:45 pm
The Westside game that Mr.Brown likes to bring up was an ot loss for Pocahontas. Not sure what did not click that night but it did not lessen that individuals ability. I recall Pocahontas shutting out Gosnell a few years ago when they had the great rb that is now at UCA. Nobody ever doubted what the young man was capable of. He went on to have a great season. #3 the week after that ot loss went on to have a great 1st round game at Dumas and a well fought loss in the second round. The kids numbers speak volumes about his ability.

I put no stock in a supposed grown man calling out a kid and criticizing in the personal way he did.

bigchief72455

ShowerBuddy69

September 19, 2018, 09:20:33 am #28 Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 09:29:59 am by ShowerBuddy69
Quote from: SuperFan08 on September 18, 2018, 01:52:17 pm
I am also excited to see Fridays game pokie vs Brookland. I do think the Pocahontas Redskins will be victorious on Fridays game. Because lets be honest I dont think Brookland could beat corning in a game, and heck corning is the worst excuse of a football team I've ever seen. So all I can say is Brookland Bear Katz  better be prepared for the whooping they'll be getting coming this friday.  :) :)

SuperFan08

Brookland will show the haters Friday night how we will get the 3rd seed and pokey will not make it to the state playoffs. Brookland will feed off the bad decisions made by pokey's young QB.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Quote from: SuperFan08 on September 19, 2018, 10:55:25 am
Brookland will show the haters Friday night how we will get the 3rd seed and pokey will not make it to the state playoffs. Brookland will feed off the bad decisions made by pokey's young QB.
Ok then, I'm sure our guys are really afraid of those 5 second 40yd dash running backs

Redskin2015

Do you have cave city as the one seed too?

Coltfan2005

If they make the 3rd seed we will declare you King of FF. If not, we'll just keep on treating you as a nut. But that'll be hard, cause you'll disappear from the site.

HeberFan

I like how Brookland's program has developed.  However, they get Poked this week.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: HeberFan on September 19, 2018, 11:23:19 am
I like how Brookland's program has developed.  However, they get Poked this week.

lol, I saw that.

bigchief72455

First the haters comment. One can not have haters if nobody really ever pays attention to the team or considers them a viable threat. The 3rd seed comment. Go ahead and strive for that 3rd seed. Pocahontas is too busy figuring out how to be a one seed. A 3 seed is just the consolation prize.

Coltfan2005

I'm going to disagree on the 3rd seed consolation prize. A good team from this conf will earn that spot...but it won't be the teddy bears.

RedskinGranny4735

Ive been watching these boys play since  before Brookland had a football team
In saying that Pokey by 90 let's go big boys!!!!

Coltfan2005

90 seems a tad bit over the top

bigchief72455

HeberFan

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 19, 2018, 12:58:27 pm
90 seems a tad bit over the top

Maybe you mean 90 yards of offense per quarter? That's not unreasonable.

RedskinGranny4735

Isn't Brookland 0-3 hahahahhahaha sorry excuse me.

Coltfan2005

Isn't Pokey 1-2? Not a good example to use. Why not be satisfied with the fact Pokey will beat Brookland, no sense making the Pokey fans look bad.

Redskin2015

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 19, 2018, 07:01:21 pm
Isn't Pokey 1-2? Not a good example to use. Why not be satisfied with the fact Pokey will beat Brookland, no sense making the Pokey fans look bad.
Pokeys season will come down to play calling and coaching from what I've observed we have to find creative ways to get the ball to #3 in space, and #11 should not be starting HB, QB1 looks like a sophomore and that's okay, from what I've observed he's gotten better each week I'm not basing my observation off of week 2 this is based off of week 1 and week 3 he played a much better game in week 3 than in week 1

HeberFan

A few Pokey fans are perpetually frustrated that the team does well in the regular season, and then, routinely gets booted early in the playoffs.  Wish those fans could realize the Pokemonsters have an excellent program.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

We can count on playoffs almost every year in this conference, and as of recently, advancing to the 2nd round. We just get kinda almost screwed with luck a lot of the time though... Injuries, brackets, but its the playoffs, so you better be prepared to play any and everyone

ShowerBuddy69

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 19, 2018, 07:01:21 pm
Yes we are 1-2 but the 2 teams we lost to are very good, unlike the 3 teams Brookland has lost to. Brookland just be prepared to be 0-4 this Friday. I'm not worried at all that pocahontas will be getting that dub coming this Friday. I've been up on Brookland every year since they got a team (if you want to call it that). But they have failed to live up to the expectations and I now think they are in trouble especially since they are 5A bound before too long.

RedskinGranny4735

I think if are kicker is on we will win . Field goals win ball games .

SuperFan08

I guess we will see Friday night when Brookland takes advantage of many Pocahontas mistakes on the offensive side of the ball.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

The Brookland defense shouldn't scare anyone but themselves. The D-Line isn't impressive and the secondary looks to give every receiver about a 12 yard cushion. I can see there being plenty of successful passes for Pocahontas and we may see some subs in late

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas