• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hampton VS. Star City

Started by baseball13, September 11, 2018, 01:54:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

who wins this game

HAMPTON
9 (22%)
Star City
32 (78%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: September 14, 2018, 01:54:10 pm

baseball13

How do you think this is going to go? I don't know much about Star City except that they are a 4A team. What's yall predictions?

eldofan

HG Hornet

Save the gun powder for next time. 

Bearden_Bear72

i40traveler

Star city wins the game. Hampton wins the fight.

bulldoghistorian

This series renews for the 1st time since 2005. Star City owns a 4-0 record against Hampton, or since at least 2002.
Series history
2002, Star City won 21-14.
2003, Star City won 28-21.
2004, Star City won 34-20.
2005, Star City won 38-6.
As for this year, I have no idea what will happen.
Star City comes in to this contest with a record of 1-1. Upset Forrest City week 0 27-26, and lost to Stuttgart week 1 33-7. We did not play last week.
We run the wing-t offense. Defense is 4-3.

SOUTHARK99

It's going to be a dog fight!!!

bigworm

I dont think star city is near what they once were. I think hampton gets the W.

Old Scrapper

I got Hampton in this one by a couple of scores

bulldoghistorian

What should I expect from Hampton, offense, defense, ETC? Also, do they still have a visitors press box? Haven't been over there in years!

Lumberjackfan1978

Star city by a couple of scores

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on September 11, 2018, 05:30:14 pm
What should I expect from Hampton, offense, defense, ETC? Also, do they still have a visitors press box? Haven't been over there in years!
They have a lot of fight in them.

baseball13

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on September 11, 2018, 05:30:14 pm

yes they do still have a visitors press box as far as the team they are still unknown. they were beating DC 22-6 early in the second when the fight started. That's all they have played.

HG Hornet

baseball13

Quote from: CHG Hornet on September 12, 2018, 08:07:04 am
+1 :)

I would rather my team get in trouble for fightingwhile  backing their teammates instead of going and getting high before the state simis last year and leaving my team out to dry.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: baseball13 on September 12, 2018, 08:15:10 am
I would rather my team get in trouble for fightingwhile  backing their teammates instead of going and getting high before the state simis last year and leaving my team out to dry.

Did I just hear a Mic drop?

Rida4Life

OUCH!!!!  Shots fired!!!

Maynard G Krebs

Smokin' in the boy's room?

dawgpound

HG Hornet

September 12, 2018, 11:19:13 am #19 Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 11:28:22 am by CHG Hornet
53-14 & 32-7 kid........that's all I have to say about CHG & Hampton until yall bring in some more studs from somewhere else and beat us. 

KOJACK

Hampton gets revenge from getting beat up by Drew and wins it when it's called in the 3rd qtr when a fight breaks out.

HG Hornet

Quote from: KOJACK on September 12, 2018, 11:34:05 am
Hampton gets revenge from getting beat up by Drew and wins it when it's called in the 3rd qtr when a fight breaks out.
Went to see a fight and a football game started up. 

old.dole

Going with star city. Interested to see what Hampton looks like in a actual game. I think they will be a little rusty giving star city the edge

baseball13

Quote from: CHG Hornet on September 12, 2018, 11:19:13 am
53-14 & 32-7 kid........that's all I have to say about CHG & Hampton until yall bring in some more studs from somewhere else and beat us.

That is ok nobody said anything about Hampton loseing to HG. HG is a good ball team. Was in 2016, was in 2017, and will be in 2018. You dont want someone talking about HG so we have to go in defence mode and talk about the score of the Hampton game which btw one was a scrimmage game. The past is the past if we live in the past forever then you most not have much to live for. If you don't want people bringing up the past on HG then leave the past of Hampton alone. It dont matter if you beat Hampton 53-14 or it didnt matter that Hampton beat HG in 16 all that matters in the end is if you win the last game. I have lived in Hampton since 01. I have seen a few good teams from Hampton and I have seen alot of bad teams in my days so saying that yall beat Hampton don't mean much. You act like we beat Hampton we win the State Championship. I hope Coach Ables can turn Hampton into a powerhouse year in and year out but until then Hampton will be Hampton. I am proud of what Hampton has accomplished in the last 2 years, went to the state Championship and had a winning season the next year. You know how long its been since Hampton has had a winning season much less 2 back to back? I am proud to be a BULLDOG and will wear the Black and Gold with pride. What happened in DC should not have happened but it did we must move on and learn from our mistakes.

HG Hornet

Quote from: baseball13 on September 12, 2018, 12:09:06 pm

That is ok nobody said anything about Hampton loseing to HG. HG is a good ball team. Was in 2016, was in 2017, and will be in 2018. You dont want someone talking about HG so we have to go in defence mode and talk about the score of the Hampton game which btw one was a scrimmage game. The past is the past if we live in the past forever then you most not have much to live for. If you don't want people bringing up the past on HG then leave the past of Hampton alone. It dont matter if you beat Hampton 53-14 or it didnt matter that Hampton beat HG in 16 all that matters in the end is if you win the last game. I have lived in Hampton since 01. I have seen a few good teams from Hampton and I have seen alot of bad teams in my days so saying that yall beat Hampton don't mean much. You act like we beat Hampton we win the State Championship. I hope Coach Ables can turn Hampton into a powerhouse year in and year out but until then Hampton will be Hampton. I am proud of what Hampton has accomplished in the last 2 years, went to the state Championship and had a winning season the next year. You know how long its been since Hampton has had a winning season much less 2 back to back? I am proud to be a BULLDOG and will wear the Black and Gold with pride. What happened in DC should not have happened but it did we must move on and learn from our mistakes.
I don't have a problem with Hampton and I'm not being defensive about my Hornets.  I simply +1'd what Oldman posted about Hampton having a lot of fight in them.........I got his sarcasm and thought his post was witty. 

You seem to know a little about our expelled player from last year.  You're the one who got defensive and when you couldn't think of anything else to say, you took a jab at ONE of our kids who made a bad choice last year before our game in the semis and was kicked off the team and eventually out of school because of his bad choice.  CHG recognized a problem and addressed it, harshly.  They didn't cover it up or turn a blind eye to it.  Not sure Hampton could say the same thing, could they?  Even your own supporters are tired of yall's "stuff" that happens nearly every week.  Nothing wrong with supporting your school and hometown; just keep loading and firing.....the cannon and your mouth.       

dawgpound

yall just cant get Hampton of your mouth can you?

baseball13

Quote from: CHG Hornet on September 12, 2018, 01:17:32 pm
I don't have a problem with Hampton and I'm not being defensive about my Hornets.  I simply +1'd what Oldman posted about Hampton having a lot of fight in them.........I got his sarcasm and thought his post was witty. 

You seem to know a little about our expelled player from last year.  You're the one who got defensive and when you couldn't think of anything else to say, you took a jab at ONE of our kids who made a bad choice last year before our game in the semis and was kicked off the team and eventually out of school because of his bad choice.  CHG recognized a problem and addressed it, harshly.  They didn't cover it up or turn a blind eye to it.  Not sure Hampton could say the same thing, could they?  Even your own supporters are tired of yall's "stuff" that happens nearly every week.  Nothing wrong with supporting your school and hometown; just keep loading and firing.....the cannon and your mouth.       

So what is the difference between him making a mistake and the players of Hampton making a mistake? Some of the Hampton players are no longer on the team either. I was not defensive we have heard that same joke on the DC thread and now on this one enough is enough. Hampton made a mistake and they had to pay for it the last 2 weeks. Those Seniors lost 2 games of their Sr. season that they will never get back.

Rida4Life

I think the point everyone is making is that Hampton keeps finding trouble and the Hamptonites keep wanting to blame everyone else.
1.  Hermitage players "magically" end up at Hampton when they tried to go to at least 2 other schools and were told no.... but ya'll were completely innocent. 
2  postgame fight was PC's fault even though the cheap shots during the game and Hampton running their mouth led up to it. And the entire Hampton fan section was on the field immediately after the game.
3.. last year  "PC" painted the dummies which excused the late hits and the disrespectful behavior that Hampton exhibited.
4... summer camp fights... not Hampton's fault once again.
5.  Drew Central started it...... Of course they did.

there is a common factor...... and ya'll wonder why we "pick" on Hampton.
don't want to be called a duck..... don't quack like one.

HG Hornet

September 12, 2018, 02:17:35 pm #28 Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 03:07:13 pm by CHG Hornet
Quote from: baseball13 on September 12, 2018, 01:51:23 pm
So what is the difference between him making a mistake and the players of Hampton making a mistake? Some of the Hampton players are no longer on the team either. I was not defensive we have heard that same joke on the DC thread and now on this one enough is enough. Hampton made a mistake and they had to pay for it the last 2 weeks. Those Seniors lost 2 games of their Sr. season that they will never get back.
The difference is..........everybody doesn't have problems with CHG and they do with H%m*t0#.  We dealt swiftly with our issue (singular) and yall somewhat finally got around to dealing with yours (plural).  *I'm trying to keep them out of my mouth.  :)

It was Oldman's fault............go take a poke at the McGehee Owls; they're a "Hoot"     

Bearden_Bear72

Can this thread go back to talking about football?  I thought this was Hampton vs Star City.  It's turned into a history lesson on everything negative Hampton has done in past two years. 

HG Hornet

sickwillie

Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on September 12, 2018, 03:11:08 pm
Can this thread go back to talking about football?  I thought this was Hampton vs Star City.  It's turned into a history lesson on everything negative Hampton has done in past two years.
Not as long as Rida is posting!  PC plays touch football, no board for that!

Smackover Fan

Quote from: i40traveler on September 11, 2018, 02:48:15 pm
Star city wins the game. Hampton wins the fight.

That's inappropriate, and I laughed so hard. Lol

thabeast428

Locking this up now.

No good comes from it at this point.

DO NOT restart a thread on this topic.

thabeast428

Rida4Life

September 13, 2018, 11:34:49 am #35 Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 11:42:42 am by Rida4Life
Quote from: sickwillie on September 12, 2018, 08:50:02 pm
Not as long as Rida is posting!  PC plays touch football, no board for that!

whatever willie... you know you miss me when I'm not here.

dawgpound

Hampton played a good solid game few things still to work on but I'll take it 28-7 over SC

Maynard G Krebs

Bearden_Bear72

Rida4Life

Good win for the Dawgs.  Consider me impressed.

Spectator

Easy to impress with that officiating.

eldofan

Quote from: eldofan on September 11, 2018, 02:10:07 pm
Star city 34 Hampton 22.
[/quote.  I was wrong dogs. It appears U guys have a solid team again .

sickwillie

Couple of bad calls yes, the quick whistle on the fumble and the PI that wasn't called both helped Hampton. You could say that about 90 % of games played tonight!
Take your boo hoo somewhere else. 2A Dogs were better tonight and the more physical team.

Spectator

And the 4 yd behind the line pass that was ruled incomplete. And several others. But can't argue the physical part. No boo hooing just pointing out some pretty blatant calls that resulted in 3 turnovers or lack of that should of been. But the physical part definitely went to Hampton. And the quick whistle on the fumble was ruled an incomplete pass. Never seen a fumble from the fullback ruled an incomplete pass

bulldoghistorian

Congrats to Hampton, and prayers foor a speedy recovery for the Hampton player who got hurt in the 4th quarter!

dawgpound

Thanks bulldog he has a pulled calf muscle so shouldn't be out to long

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas