• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hackett vs Panama

Started by DnA Prostaff, September 11, 2018, 12:24:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DnA Prostaff

Thoughts on the game?

Panama is 1-1 so far, a loss to Central and a win against Heavener.   

Panama has 50 kids on the roster compared to Hackett's 26.  Will that make a difference in the game?

Hornet4ever

It could certainly make a difference... Still think Hackett prevails in this one.

I'll say Hackett wins by a couple of scores.

Hackett 36

Panama 21

Prouddragondad

Like to see Hackett win this one but with the offense only averaging 15 ppg you can't expect the defense to keep scoring points for you. The offense needs to get on track this week. Until they do I'm going have to go with Panama 27 Hackett 20. Hopefully I'm wrong and Hackett will get the offense going.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Prouddragondad on September 11, 2018, 08:39:01 pm
Like to see Hackett win this one but with the offense only averaging 15 ppg you can't expect the defense to keep scoring points for you. The offense needs to get on track this week. Until they do I'm going have to go with Panama 27 Hackett 20. Hopefully I'm wrong and Hackett will get the offense going.

Doesn't seem like anyone is giving us much of a chance this week, which is fine. Seems as if we play better as an underdog anyhow. I know Panama usually holds a tradition of being a good football club.

RedTigerFan

September 12, 2018, 09:51:26 am #4 Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 11:31:35 pm by RedTigerFan

DnA Prostaff

I expected they are.  Hope to see them pull it out.   I typically cheer for the razorbacks and anyone that plays Oklahoma but in this case...Go Hornets!

Hornet4ever

Hope to see us pull out the victory Friday at home. Go ahead and get to (2-1) and push forward. A loss is really just a loss in the grand scheme with no effect on us, but you still don't want another L on the record. Hopefully we play well!

DnA Prostaff

I agree a non con loss is just an L out there on the record but still. Confidence and momentum heading into conference play are huge!

Rida4Life

Is Noriega still the quarterback for Panama......

.......anyone .... anyone.....

Prouddragondad

Going to change my pick cause I can't go against teams from the 4-2A conference in a non-conference game especially when the school they are playing is from Oklahoma. I'll say Hackett wins 30-20. Let's Go Hornets!

Hornet4ever

Hackett is missing 3 key offensive lineman tonight. I'm really hoping some of our younger fellas can step up tonight. Nobody said this was going to be easy, good teams have to overcome adversity. Go Hornets!

DnA Prostaff

Hornet4ever

Quote from: DnA Prostaff on September 14, 2018, 03:49:07 pm
3? Ouch!  Injured?

I believe they are injured. Haven't heard of discipline issues, regardless they will be out tonight.

Hornet4ever

If our defense would step up we can put this away. Panama is having trouble stopping our offense, but we can't stop their offense

DnA Prostaff

Hornet4ever

Hornet4ever

Hackett tried a trick play and had someone wide open, but under throws. Hackett is shooting themselves in the foot on every drive.

Hornet4ever

Panama scores again. Our boys are getting tired. Panama is averaging 5-6 yards a carry.

Hornet4ever

These refs are terrible, for both sides. Not jus slating home side, but even for us. They have missed an enormous amount of calls tonight. Must be their first rodeo.

Hornet4ever

The side judge ref just pushed one of our kids. I'm not even kidding.

DnA Prostaff

Hornet4ever

September 14, 2018, 10:19:48 pm #21 Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 10:24:30 pm by Hornet4ever
Lack of numbers was the cause of our loss in this game. Not taking anything away from Panama, they are a great team. But Hackett was moving the ball and playing fine until late in the game. Our defense is a mirror of our offense, with few players not playing both ways.

Panama simply ran it down our throats late in the game and we couldn't stop it. Our boys were gassed and gave it their all, but it wasn't enough. We kept it close though, and just ran out of time. I'm worried that this will be a decider against Burg and Hector, which will be similar to Panama - big, fast, and plenty of numbers.

Panama lined the sidelines with boys, we had 4-5 on the sidelines while on offense and defense. Hackett also drove it deep into the red zone twice and came up with no points, this was a huge momentum killer in a game where both defenses had troubles stopping the respective offenses.

Good game Hornets, go get 'em next week.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas