• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7-2A Predictions Week 3

Started by stuck in between, September 10, 2018, 09:00:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

stuck in between

Week 2 fell victim to several weather delays. Much like the games a few of my picks got struck down as well. I ended up going 4-3. I knew the Dierks vs. Pine game was a stretch, but I thought for sure L.C. would out run Genoa and Horatio was better than Murfreesboro. Oh well, I suppose that is why you play the games on the field and not on paper.

Dierks vs. Jessieville - The 0-2 Outlaws host the 1-1 Lions. The Outlaws have been struggling defensively giving up a staggering 43.5 ppg. While only averaging only 9 offensively. Jessieville got off to a great start blanking Ceder Ridge 44-0, but falling 15 points short to a very good Mount Ida team. Unless something changes I'm afraid Dierks might rival their 2017 season. I'm taking the Lions by 30 at the Hollar.

Foreman vs. Horatio - The Gators looked to have the majority of their shortcomings in the Smackover games addressed last Friday against Parkers Chapel getting out to a 21-0 1st quarter lead before the game was called. The Lions on the other hand allowed Murfreesboro their first win in 12 games. If Horatio gave up 24 to the Rattlers I'm afraid they will not be able to withstand Foreman's high powered offense. I believe the clock rolls in the 2nd half and the Gators get their first legitimate win on the season at Homecoming. Gators by 35.

Gurdon @ Bearden - The Go-Devils started the season off right week 1 with a 35-0 beat down of Genoa before traveling to Haskell only to get their Wishbone broken by a score of 33-0. Bearden played class 3-A Camden Harmony Grove tough eventually losing by 8 before traveling to Hazen and falling victim to the weather and the game being deemed "no contest". This should be the most athletic and fastest team Gurdon has faced. Playing at Bearden will not make the task any easier. I think this one could go either way, but I am giving the nod to the Bears by 3.

Mineral Springs vs. England- According to Coach-Mike this is a product of two teams with an open date to fill. The Hornets are looking better than they have in a long time beating both Mt. Pine and 3-A Fouke. England is 1-1 with a season opening loss to Des Arc and a six point win at home vs. McCrory. With as good as the Hornets are playing ball right now it would be hard to pick against them. M.S. by 7.

Mount Ida vs. Magnet Cove - The Lions have kept with tradition and maintained a stingy defense only giving up 6 points so far this year with wins over Magazine and Jessieville. The yet to be tested Lion defense will battle against a Panther offense that found the end zone four times week one, but was shutdown week 2 vs. Atkins. This ball game will most definitely be won on the line of scrimmage. In the end Ida proves to be the top cat. Going with the Lions by 10.

Murfreesboro @ Poyen - Coach McRae recorded his first win last week knocking off Horatio 24-14. This was a good win for both his team and the 7-2A as a whole. The Rattlers will be out to prove that the win was not a fluke when they travel to Poyen. The Indians are sitting pretty at 2-0 and are averaging 56.5 ppg. With wins over both 3-A Bismarck and Drew Central. However, Poyen has given up over 20 points in both contests to teams not known for lighting it up. Like a few others this one is hard for me to call especially this early in the season being unfamiliar with both teams. I hope I am wrong, but I'm taking the Indians by 12 in this one.

Spring Hill @ Genoa Central - The Bears lost big to 2-A power Conway Christian the first week of the season while Genoa has split a couple of games between 7-2A members Lafayette County and Gurdon. Last year the Bears edged the Dragons at Spring Hill by 1 point. This year Genoa repays the favor. Going with the Dragons by 1.

Lafayette County is off this week.

Bearden_Bear72

Only game I would argue is your last pick.  I think Spring Hill will take it by a touchdown.

IdaLions

Gurdon vs. Bearden will be good. It'll prove how battle tested Gurdon is and may give Bearden a good non conference game. Whose the starting QB at Bearden now?

bear for life

Quote from: IdaLions on September 11, 2018, 01:14:28 pm
Gurdon vs. Bearden will be good. It'll prove how battle tested Gurdon is and may give Bearden a good non conference game. Whose the starting QB at Bearden now? Cohen word

Eslim03

Backwoods Bart

September 14, 2018, 08:12:33 am #5 Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 08:20:44 am by Backwoods Bart
Quote from: Eslim03 on September 11, 2018, 03:15:43 pm
Looks good

Bearden QB Cohen Word lived so long under the shadow of Bearden QB Tyler Berry, that he rarely got reps @ QB until this year. I said as a 10th grader, he was a better pocket passer than Berry was, (taking nothing away from Berry) and he can make you miss him like Tanner Gaines did. He should improve every game, and he also has a great work ethic.

IdaLions

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on September 14, 2018, 08:12:33 am
Bearden QB Cohen Word lived so long under the shadow of Bearden QB Tyler Berry, that he rarely got reps @ QB until this year. I said as a 10th grader, he was a better pocket passer than Berry was, (taking nothing away from Berry) and he can make you miss him like Tanner Gaines did. He should improve every game, and he also has a great work ethic.

Sounds like a very underrated football player, hope he does great things for Bearden!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas