• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Horatio @ Foreman week 3

Started by Redzone, September 10, 2018, 05:35:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Redzone

The 3A Lions cross the river Friday night to take on the 2A Gators in The Little River Rivalry. The series is tied 7-7 since 2004.
Horatio is coming off of a 24-10 loss to a rebuilding Murfreesboro squad and Foreman hasn't had an out right win yet this season. Still not sure if last weeks canceled game will go down as a forfeit or no contest. The Gators were up 21-0 against Parkers Chapel in the first quarter and then the game was called off.
Max Preps has the Gators 2-0. Lions are 1-1

My prediction: Gators by 28+

2017 Foreman 47-0
2016 Foreman 42-7
2015 Horatio 42-6
2014 Foreman 29-14
2013 Horatio 27-26
2012 Horatio 19-6
2011 Horatio 61-13
2010 Horatio 54-14
2009 Horatio 49-0
2008 Horatio 44-28
2007 Foreman 50-49
2006 Foreman 34-6
2005 Foreman 32-29
2004 Foreman 37-12

Rida4Life

No reason to think this won't be a mercy rule for the Gators.  They were on their way to one against PC last week when the weather shut it down.  I dare say Chapel is better than Horatio.... this one will get ugly.

Redzone

Eslim03

September 10, 2018, 01:20:19 pm #3 Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 02:59:13 pm by Eslim03
This game will get out of hand quickly. I'm just wondering if we will get to hear from the duecek this year.

stuck in between

Quote from: Eslim03 on September 10, 2018, 01:20:19 pm
This game will get out of hand quickly. I'm just wondering if we will get to hear from the deucek this year.

Man, don't antagonize that guy. It's better to just leave him be.  ;D

Eslim03

I just wanted to hear his thoughts on this years game. Lol

couch-coach06

I could enjoy some ducek time myself

stuck in between

Have anyone heard the official word on what Foreman's record is?

couch-coach06

Official would be 1-0 with the Smackover game being a forfeit victory and pc being a no contest

allstate22

Partsman

duecek

Quote from: Eslim03 on September 10, 2018, 01:20:19 pm
This game will get out of hand quickly. I'm just wondering if we will get to hear from the duecek this year.

I'm here. Foreman will win big. Just waitin till next year. Won't have your one man team this time next year.  :). I'm happy some boys from our area took a title. But you all know as well as I do this year might be last chance for a little while. Batey goin to play ball anywhere next year does anybody know?

Eslim03

One man team huh. Your delusional and laughable. Foreman will be destroying Horatio for the next three seasons before their is a drop off in this series. The juniors and sophomores have owned the lions every time they have played. Just like this group of seniors.

duecek

Next three seasons? Idk bout that. I think your delusional if you think Foreman is just gonna be good from now on or something. Take Batey out of your whole season last year? You think Foreman makes it to the championship? No chance. Live in fantasy land if you want tho. You guys had Forbes I think was his name around mid 2000s. With him Foreman played good and won those years in the series. Steep drop off once he was gone. I was complementing you guys n here we are. It's funny all the years Horatio made a laughing stock of Foreman nobody turned into a crazed lunatic. Foreman wins some and it's hysteria. Like they the patriots or somethin lol. Foreman's the new powerhouse from now on they jus gonna rule 2A ball. Don't count on it.

Eslim03

Well if you followed gator football. You would know foreman had two that was in the 9 ninth grade last year that started on that championship team that are now only sophomores. Actually they only have 8 seniors this year. Like I said foreman will beat Horatio tonight and for sure the next two games in this series. Oh and by the way I can go back and quote some of you past comments but I won't cause all I got to say is the gators are the reigning 2a State Champions.

duecek

Nah I know Foreman will win tonight. Pretty bold to say the next two games after this one though. We'll see tho.

couch-coach06

Yeah we may not be championship caliber the next two years but we will still be competitive plus our conference will be down as a whole and unfortunately for our good neighbor it doesn't look like an uptick of tallent for them any time soon either

Eslim03

Foreman will be good enough to win their conference tallent wise for the next three years. Will they that's to be seen but as far as this series from what I have witnessed over the years Horatio will be in trouble.

duecek

Quote from: Eslim03 on September 14, 2018, 05:28:31 pm
Foreman will be good enough to win their conference tallent wise for the next three years. Will they that's to be seen but as far as this series from what I have witnessed over the years Horatio will be in trouble.

Idk I think Mineral is on the come up. May contend soon I think. Mboro and Dierks I doubt it. Horatio doesn't have much interest in anything other than baseball. Several kids that play only that you lose out on some talent in other sports.

Eslim03

I really do wish Horatio the best just not when that play the gators. It's always hard for small schools if they can't get all the kids to buy into the program. It's a really good time to be a gator. We have like 35 players and I have never seen that before.

couch-coach06

Quote from: duecek on September 14, 2018, 05:37:45 pm
Idk I think Mineral is on the come up. May contend soon I think. Mboro and Dierks I doubt it. Horatio doesn't have much interest in anything other than baseball. Several kids that play only that you lose out on some talent in other sports.

Yep I agree .. I think mineral is a little over rated but they do have a good coaching staff in place skill players they will always have they need an influx of big bodies to move too the next level ... Batey is a great player but what put foreman over the top last year was our o and d line play .. it was elite down the stretch .. same thing Mount ida has built it's dominant run over .. there is not a lot of Kenneth dixons walking around

Partsman

I would like nothing more than to see a good game tonight in Foreman.

Partsman

2 td's called back. Gators gotta stop those mistakes

duecek

Partsman

7-0 Foreman with 705 left in the half.

Partsman

Partsman

couch-coach06

Not a good half of football for the Gators... Color me concerned

Redzone

Sloppy win. Everyone seemed sluggish. Should have beat the lions by at least 45

couch-coach06

O - line has too improve and thats all there is too it .. we are playing some pretty uninspired football right now.. I know it's hard too get up for these types of games but we really need too find that hunger that carried us last year

stuck in between

Quote from: couch-coach06 on September 14, 2018, 10:03:21 pm
O - line has too improve and thats all there is too it .. we are playing some pretty uninspired football right now.. I know it's hard too get up for these types of games but we really need too find that hunger that carried us last year

I agree 100%. Foreman is far from where they were at this time last year. I was not sure why Haywood was sitting on the sidelines so much on defense. We were missing some key ingredients in the backfield  as well. If the Gators continue to play like they did tonight we can kiss a conference championship goodbye.

couch-coach06

Haywood appeared too have injured his arm early I know carver is nursing a leg injury when he is healthy and number 25 learns the play book I think the back field will be improved but that is no excuse for the half effort it seems .. it's the worst I've ever felt after a 34 point victory for sure .. congrats too Horatio for playing hard being ready for tonight .. we have got too realize we are gona every teams best shot .. when we play mineral , ida , gurdon etc .. we better give them our best shot too cause a night like tonight or two weeks ago in magnolia is not gona be enough

Eslim03

Look guys I know we are having some issues but let's not hit the panic button yet. The defense looked solid again tonight. The score was 34-0 and penalties cost us another score. We have some injury issues that will work out. They are not season ending. We need to come out with more enthusiasm to set the tone next week and then we will see the fixes are not that far away. This is a new season and different team than last years with many returning players but I have faith we will be ok.

Wantobe

The game I watched seemed to be a very hungry Lion team playing a sometimes over confident Foreman team. It seemed like the gators were only playing as hard as they needed to get the win. That's not a bad strategy, if you can step up when the time comes. If you recall the first two times foreman touched the ball, they scored (although one was negated by a penalty). I think you'll  see a different team next week, especially if #3 and #25 have a little more playing time.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas