• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Star City at Hampton, Battle Of The Bulldogs.

Started by bulldoghistorian, September 08, 2018, 11:01:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldoghistorian

This series renews for the 1st time since 2005. This is a game that SC should win by at least a couple of TD's I would think, but you never know.
Series history
Star City is 4-0 all time against Hampton, or since at least 2002.
2002, Star City won 21-14.
2003, Star City won 28-21.
2004, Star City won 34-20.
2005, Star City won 38-6.

ROULETTE

HorseFeathers

Real question....How many ejections will Hampton have?

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Maybe we should change it to Battle of the Ejected Bulldogs. Think I remember a time when SC enjoyed being thrown out from games.
Or at least a game.

Jimbo Morphis

This game is brought to you by Scrambler's Bail Bonds. You ring we spring. Call 870-911-CULT

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldman on September 08, 2018, 11:53:50 am
This game is brought to you by Scrambler's Bail Bonds. You ring we spring. Call 870-911-CULT

39:00 minute mark.

Vs
This.
http://www.monticellolive.com/drew-central-vs-hampton-football-fight-from-last-wrrk-video/

Should be interesting.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: AirWarren on September 08, 2018, 01:00:37 pm
39:00 minute mark.

Vs
This.
http://www.monticellolive.com/drew-central-vs-hampton-football-fight-from-last-wrrk-video/

Ah, the memories😀    The guy from SC that was arrested made some lifelong friends at the county jail.  Hear tell he still gets Christmas cards from a few of his cell mates.

Should be interesting.

AirWarren

Some of the pictures posted on here...were priceless.

Maynard G Krebs

September 08, 2018, 04:48:31 pm #8 Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 04:53:25 pm by Maynard G Krebs
Quote from: AirWarren on September 08, 2018, 04:34:10 pm
Some of the pictures posted on here...were priceless.

From the archive:

AirWarren

Jimbo Morphis

ROULETTE

Quote from: Oldman on September 08, 2018, 11:53:50 am

they've got good donuts.  and as of late have let outsiders join the workforce

AirWarren

Dogpound2010

eldofan

cuckoobird

Dogpound2010

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: Dogpound2010 on September 08, 2018, 10:49:35 pm
Score predictions
I was a little surprised to see that Hootens has us favored to win. They have us by 6. I'm hoping we can pound them all night with our run game just like we did against Forrest City 2 weeks ago! Star City by at least 2 TD's, I would hope!
This will be the 1st time we've played a team with the same mascot since playing the Bald Knob Bulldogs in the 2nd round of the playoffs back in 2009! Unfortunately, we lost that game 20-9.

mr.b@sc

This is a huge game for SC. If SC loses the coach will most likely repeat his record from last year of 1 and 9 . By the end of the season the ones that hired this coach is going to realize we should have not run coach Welch off. IMO

Coltfan2005

Guess Rivercrest fans were sleeping down in the classy 3A. Never seen such a total lack of class and pathetic display by players, fans, or coaches in High School football.

Dogpound2010

September 11, 2018, 10:22:44 pm #20 Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 10:25:03 pm by Dogpound2010
Huge game indeed if sc can stop the run and score in the end zone

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: Dogpound2010 on September 11, 2018, 10:22:44 pm
Huge game indeed if sc can stop the run and score in the end zone
Have to take advantage of opportunities, especially in the red zone! We didn't do that when given the chance to on our 1st drive against the Ricebirds.

Dogpound2010

dawgpound

Hampton by 12 I think Hampton will be to physical for the wrong dogs.  How many is SC dressing this year that is the only thing that concerns me is the number of able bodies on the sideline late in the game

Maynard G Krebs

Hampton has been concentrating on their road work this week and sparring with great intensity.  Some plays have new names, i.e., a left sweep is now a left hook; dive plays are now called strong side jabs.  Defense no longer tackles, they just wrap up the opposition.  Sideline trainers are now referred to as cut men.  Sidelines are renamed 'neutral corners".  Should be interesting.

bigblue89

Quote from: dawgpound on September 12, 2018, 01:41:24 pm
Hampton by 12 I think Hampton will be to physical for the wrong dogs.  How many is SC dressing this year that is the only thing that concerns me is the number of able bodies on the sideline late in the game
SC has over 50 players this year

jimbojack

Dogpound2010

Dogpound2010

The defense consists of 9 seniors and two juniors

AirWarren

Quote from: mr.b@sc on September 11, 2018, 09:07:24 pm
This is a huge game for SC. If SC loses the coach will most likely repeat his record from last year of 1 and 9 . By the end of the season the ones that hired this coach is going to realize we should have not run coach Welch off. IMO

Hope all is well. Good luck to Star City this week!

dawgpound

AirWarren

Quote from: dawgpound on September 13, 2018, 03:27:45 pm
They gonna need all the luck they can get AW

Possibly. New system. New mentality.

But depth always is a factor. Joe t Robinson was far more superior player wise than Springdale was earlier this year. But when you have a team of 50 kids against a team of 95 kids, it can make a difference.

bigchief72455

I was explaining that to someone the other day AW but they didn't seem to think roster depth meant anything at all.

dawgpound

Yea it makes a difference but i don't think it will matter

Dogpound2010

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AirWarren on September 13, 2018, 03:31:40 pm
Possibly. New system. New mentality.

But depth always is a factor. Joe t Robinson was far more superior player wise than Springdale was earlier this year. But when you have a team of 50 kids against a team of 95 kids, it can make a difference.
Especially in September heat.

AirWarren

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Dogpound2010 on September 12, 2018, 09:17:44 pm
19 of them are seniors

Corning had 17 seniors last year..how did that work out for them?

dawgpound

cuckoobird

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: mr.b@sc on September 11, 2018, 09:07:24 pm
Ruh Roh

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 14, 2018, 09:46:04 pm
I don't think star city has any fight in them
We didn't tonight, that's for sure! Extremely disappointing performance!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas