• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Morrilton

Started by Hogman2018, September 02, 2018, 05:34:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogman2018

Wow Morrilton way to step up your non conference schedule playing LR Fair!   They are really going to get you ready for conference!!

the voice

Lol 😂.   You're trying , not the way to get respect from posters , you don't know as much about the central Arkansas teams or the west teams. Y'all played Shiloh who hadn't been relevant in years, two 6a teams we played while being the smallest school in 5a.  I know Texarkana was a top team in the past and perhaps they are again. Here in the 5a we've had pa for years and aren't gonna tremble because y'all dropped down.  Best to you guys.

PA Dad

Quote from: the voice on September 02, 2018, 08:24:38 pm
Lol 😂.   You're trying , not the way to get respect from posters , you don't know as much about the central Arkansas teams or the west teams. Y'all played Shiloh who hadn't been relevant in years, two 6a teams we played while being the smallest school in 5a.  I know Texarkana was a top team in the past and perhaps they are again. Here in the 5a we've had pa for years and aren't gonna tremble because y'all dropped down.  Best to you guys.

+1

SackAttack

Morrilton very busy trying to get well and recover from the lock in and scrimmage game

slemmer1987

Wow, you 2 are dumber that a sack of Hammers!  They opened with Searcy week 1 then played Russellville  in week 2.  You guys restore my faith in PT Barnum's famous words  "there is a sucker born every minute"
I'll bet its wide open no traffic on the road you two are on........ happy trails to  Nutville

Go Postal

+1

Motownsportsfan

Quote from: SackAttack on September 02, 2018, 11:03:29 pm
Morrilton very busy trying to get well and recover from the lock in and scrimmage game
the lock in didn't hurt. All played in game one. I did hear from a couple sources that a top notch signal caller very well could play the first conference game more than likely

Hogman2018

yea we are way down South and we couldnt find a game we were supposed to play  Watson Chapel but they backed out on us to play Nashville!! SHILOH  was the only team open so we played them  for this year only! U think we wanted to drive 5 hours to play a game ? Yall are too good of  a program to play Fair thats all im saying!! Nobody said you are scared!

SackAttack

Quote from: Motownsportsfan on September 03, 2018, 11:54:13 am
the lock in didn't hurt. All played in game one. I did hear from a couple sources that a top notch signal caller very well could play the first conference game more than likely
Yeah that lock in didn't hurt at all with that weak discipline approach and philosophy y'all have goin on there in Motown  ;D ;D >:(

the voice

Quote from: Hogman2018 on September 03, 2018, 04:28:26 pm
yea we are way down South and we couldnt find a game we were supposed to play  Watson Chapel but they backed out on us to play Nashville!! SHILOH  was the only team open so we played them  for this year only! U think we wanted to drive 5 hours to play a game ? Yall are too good of  a program to play Fair thats all im saying!! Nobody said you are scared!

We needed a game and they were available!! Get in line !!  See you soon

incogneto

+12

Hogman2018

Quote from: incogneto on September 03, 2018, 06:49:21 pm
+12
your team is the one that needs to play Fair!! Yall might win one

Hogman2018

Quote from: the voice on September 03, 2018, 05:49:57 pm

Sure yall are in C. Arkansas and cant find another game right!!

incogneto

Quote from: Hogman2018 on September 03, 2018, 08:19:45 pm
DERP

PA Dad

I'm offering you some friendly advice.  You are, of course, free to ignore it.

You will get no respect on this board for criticizing or belittling another team.  That is not constructive and just pisses folks off. 

I happen to have great admiration for Fair.  They have very few players but those guys go out every game knowing they have little chance of winning and play hard and never quit.  That's more admirable than a team like PA, having every advantage, winning easily.

It's not all wins and losses.  It's how you play the game.  It's  effort.  It's character.

It may not matter to you but you'll be much more respected if you support your team but respect other teams.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

the voice

Quote from: SackAttack on September 03, 2018, 04:49:56 pm
Yeah that lock in didn't hurt at all with that weak discipline approach and philosophy y'all have goin on there in Motown  ;D ;D >:(
You've no idea !!  That's true. Two teams have won the last five 5a championships Morrilton and PA.  Say what you want.  Odds are it'll be one of those two this year

Hogman2018

Pa Dad that is what im talking about! I dont think these teams should play Fair and just beat the dog out of them! I admire them kids too for playing  football and not giving up. Where am I  belittling them on this board!! I know some of their coaches real good guys!

PA Dad

This belittles both Morrilton and Fair.  It implies that Fair is a patsy and the only team Morrilton can beat is a patsy.

SackAttack

Quote from: the voice on September 03, 2018, 09:01:39 pm
You've no idea !!  That's true. Two teams have won the last five 5a championships Morrilton and PA.  Say what you want.  Odds are it'll be one of those two this year
Then tell me the "incident" didn't occur!! And tell me appropriate discipline was handed down!! Don't play dumb it isn't very becoming! Quite the precedent set for other school groups moving forward wouldn't you say! Is Motown a win at all costs school! Expected more out of yalls admin but who am I!! ::) ::) Use your "voice" and tell the world! It's very relevant to football most would say

Hogman2018

Quote from: PA Dad on September 03, 2018, 09:41:22 pm
This belittles both Morrilton and Fair.  It implies that Fair is a patsy and the only team Morrilton can beat is a patsy.
I dont think Incognito is from Morrilton! I might be wrong! But i give up I guess u know everything that I mean!

Hogman2018

You are way off base if you think I beleive Morrilton coulnt beat anybody else!

PA Dad

Quote from: Hogman2018 on September 03, 2018, 10:04:31 pm
I dont think Incognito is from Morrilton! I might be wrong! But i give up I guess u know everything that I mean!

I apologize if I offended you.  That was not my intent.

Texarkana appears to have a very good team this year.  If they win this week, I say look out!  But, there are a number of good teams in 5A and it's premature to predict a champion.  Let's just enjoy the ride.

Hogman2018

Everything is good! I just know i would like to see all the good teams try to play some of the better teams instead of running up the score on teams like Fair and a few others! Cabot ought to be ashamed of playing Fair last two years!  CongratsvFairvon winning last week! I really admire them kids

Hogman2018

Quote from: Hogman2018 on September 03, 2018, 10:22:05 pm
Everything is good! I just know i would like to see all the good teams try to play some of the better teams instead of running up the score on teams like Fair and a few others! Cabot ought to be ashamed of playing Fair last two years!  CongratsvFairvon winning last week! I really admire them kids
Congrats Fair on winning last week!,

South 45

Quote from: Hogman2018 on September 02, 2018, 05:34:03 pm
Wow Morrilton way to step up your non conference schedule playing LR Fair!   They are really going to get you ready for conference!!
::) Good grief.... ::)

InYoGrill

Quote from: Hogman2018 on September 03, 2018, 10:22:05 pm

We just getting back at Fair for destroying Cabot in the state championship game many moons ago when they had Cedric Cobbs and I forgot the QB name (Taquan or something I think or maybe not (QB was amazing) , oh and a huge center LOL!) JA Fair was a BEAST back in those days. Sad these days to see them struggle to field a team. Got to admire those young men for putting the work in to wear the uniforms!

the voice

Last year for them, they'll merge with LRM next year and become 6a

InYoGrill

Quote from: the voice on September 04, 2018, 12:44:46 pm

What up my bro from antha mo? Sad sad to hear about your young messiah. He just a JR right? I'll be pullin for the Ddogs except when you play me Eagles. Keep on sellin.

the voice

It's all good grill , we have a soph who's improving with each snap. And the others are improving their health daily.  Won't be long. 😉

slemmer1987

Quote from: PA Dad on September 03, 2018, 08:40:08 pm

You will get no respect on this board for criticizing or belittling another team.  That is not constructive and just pisses folks off. 

I happen to have great admiration for Fair.  They have very few players but those guys go out every game knowing they have little chance of winning and play hard and never quit.  That's more admirable than a team like PA, having every advantage, winning easily.

It's not all wins and losses.  It's how you play the game.  It's  effort.  It's character.

It may not matter to you but you'll be much more respected if you support your team but respect other teams.

WOW:
WOW you should stick a bar of soap in your mouth until PA loses again.   
2014-10-31   Little Rock Fair   Pulaski Academy   0-56         This was a conference game between Pulaski Academy & Little Rock Fair               
2015-10-30   Pulaski Academy   Little Rock Fair   50-6         This was a conference game between Pulaski Academy & Little Rock Fair               
2016-09-23   Little Rock Fair   Pulaski Academy   6-48         This was a conference game between Pulaski Academy & Little Rock Fair               
2017-09-22   Pulaski Academy   Little Rock Fair   61-14

that is the scores to the last 4 games PA has played Fair!   213/26 are the total scores added up. i understand that its a conference game and you don't get to choose who you play but at what point do you stop scoring? 
I am sure you are a great human but come on man....... 213/26  Your team has scored more unnecessary points on teams that Wilt Chamberlain has with women. 
Have a great day and may some day  you all have to play Greenwood yearly.  I would pay college ticket money to see that one!
PA dad  i am sure you are a great person, but brother please.  i

PA Dad

Quote from: slemmer1987 on September 04, 2018, 01:50:22 pm

WOW:
WOW you should stick a bar of soap in your mouth until PA loses again.   
2014-10-31   Little Rock Fair   Pulaski Academy   0-56         This was a conference game between Pulaski Academy & Little Rock Fair               
2015-10-30   Pulaski Academy   Little Rock Fair   50-6         This was a conference game between Pulaski Academy & Little Rock Fair               
2016-09-23   Little Rock Fair   Pulaski Academy   6-48         This was a conference game between Pulaski Academy & Little Rock Fair               
2017-09-22   Pulaski Academy   Little Rock Fair   61-14

that is the scores to the last 4 games PA has played Fair!   213/26 are the total scores added up. i understand that its a conference game and you don't get to choose who you play but at what point do you stop scoring? 
I am sure you are a great human but come on man....... 213/26  Your team has scored more unnecessary points on teams that Wilt Chamberlain has with women. 
Have a great day and may some day  you all have to play Greenwood yearly.  I would pay college ticket money to see that one!
PA dad  i am sure you are a great person, but brother please.  i

I was at most of those games and the JV was in in the second quarter.  Is the JV supposed to just lay down and not play?

And, am I responsible for what my team or the team's coach does?  Does that mean that I can't think independently and maybe even have different ideas or philosophy?

I think you're painting with too broad a brush.  My advice was about belittling teams.  It had nothing to do with how teams play.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: PA Dad on September 04, 2018, 04:16:03 pm
I was at most of those games and the JV was in in the second quarter.  Is the JV supposed to just lay down and not play?

And, am I responsible for what my team or the team's coach does?  Does that mean that I can't think independently and maybe even have different ideas or philosophy?

I think you're painting with too broad a brush.  My advice was about belittling teams.  It had nothing to do with how teams play.
Agree. Those 4 games could have totaled 400-0 if PA wanted. As you said, literally 9th graders were playing and beating Fair. Wouldn't it have been a bigger embarrassment for Fair if PA just started taking a knee in the 2nd quarter?

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on September 04, 2018, 05:29:42 pm
Agree. Those 4 games could have totaled 400-0 if PA wanted. As you said, literally 9th graders were playing and beating Fair. Wouldn't it have been a bigger embarrassment for Fair if PA just started taking a knee in the 2nd quarter?

Also at those games and must give a ditto to two last two responses

InYoGrill

Freaking laughter a loud. PA posters forming a band wagon on a Motown thread about Fair.  ;D ;D ;D

Life must be boring for you lads.

AHS06

Quote from: the voice on September 04, 2018, 12:44:46 pm
Those two combined would form a 7A school.

Hogman2018

Quote from: AHS06 on September 04, 2018, 08:52:11 pm
Those two combined would form a 7A school.
It wont be next year it will be two years before they move up!!

SackAttack

Quote from: the voice on September 04, 2018, 01:39:59 pm
It's all good grill , we have a soph who's improving with each snap. And the others are improving their health daily.  Won't be long. 😉
Didnt realize it took days to get over those type asymtomatic ailments! Usually a cold shower some ibuprofen maybe some pepto bismal and a couple cups of coffee and bam good as new!!

South 45

Can we please get back on topic...I believe the subject was how soft a pre-conference  line up Morrilton scheduled by scrimmaging a 7A school then rolling into 2 6A schools while being the smallest 5A school in the state. 

the voice

Get em lined out tiny !! 😜

SackAttack

Yeah cause they can't handle the controversy and embarrassment! Hush hush in Motown! But don't let somebody else drop the ball

friscokid

Morrilton's going to be 4A if not the next cycle, the one after that and then we'll see how much mess the 4A people talk.

the voice

4a football if it ever happens would present its own challenges, lots of very good teams in that classification.  Missed dropping last time by two students I believe. I also think I'm correct in saying had Shiloh petitioned to stay in 5a we'd dropped down.

Go Postal

I guess that the Devil Dogs will have to make a point by putting the whup on to every 4A team they play in all other sports since they have to move down in this cycle .

South 45

Quote from: Go Postal on September 06, 2018, 07:43:10 am
I guess that the Devil Dogs will have to make a point by putting the whup on to every 4A team they play in all other sports since they have to move down in this cycle .
There is good competition to be had at any level just maybe not as consistent as playing  teams like Harrison, Alma, Greenbrier etc, etc.... I like playing in the 5A 

STBruin

Quote from: PA Dad on September 04, 2018, 04:16:03 pm

I can tall you this from FACT...I was there, and had a son on the team.

2017- Starters were being subbed out during the 1st quarter
2016- Starters were out in the first quarter. 1st group of WRs...got 7 plays...that's right 7 plays
2015- Starters were out in the first quarter.
2014- 9th graders played most of the 2nd half.

slemmer1987

Quote from: PA Dad on September 03, 2018, 08:40:08 pm

You people (PA) can justify any action you take. Every last one of you should be in politics or working for Drug companies setting prices...lol
it doesn't matter who is playing  the score was extremely lopsided and i have seen you people play as well. All you all do is the score score score and don't care about what is across the the field.  but having said that its High School Football it is suppose to be extremely competitive.
My big complaint was with PA daddies line on his post: Quote"It's not all wins and losses.  It's how you play the game.  It's  effort.  It's character." Please hoe can be you can't have it both ways..... well then again you people can because you can justify and action you take by twisting reality to your view.
have a wonderful life in Riolinda....

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: slemmer1987 on September 06, 2018, 03:04:08 pm
You people (PA) can justify any action you take. Every last one of you should be in politics or working for Drug companies setting prices...lol
it doesn't matter who is playing  the score was extremely lopsided and i have seen you people play as well. All you all do is the score score score and don't care about what is across the the field.  but having said that its High School Football it is suppose to be extremely competitive.
My big complaint was with PA daddies line on his post: Quote"It's not all wins and losses.  It's how you play the game.  It's  effort.  It's character." Please hoe can be you can't have it both ways..... well then again you people can because you can justify and action you take by twisting reality to your view.
have a wonderful life in Riolinda....

I think your frustration may be misdirected.  PA Dad, Maynard, Red Devil Alum, ST Bruin, etc., are solid posters.  Apologies if I left anyone out.  You can dislike/hate PA all you want - but calling out their posters on here is an odd turn.  99% of their posts are pretty humble and complimentary to other teams and programs when discussing such.

If you think THAT post is bad, your head would've exploded 5-10 years ago when Shiloh was in its heyday.  The 3 brothers were the embodiment of what you're describing, and were completely unapologetic in being so.

South 45

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on September 06, 2018, 03:29:27 pm
PA Dad, Maynard, Red Devil Alum, ST Bruin, etc., are solid posters.  Apologies if I left anyone out.  99% of their posts are pretty humble and complimentary to other teams and programs when discussing such.

I try to give credit where credit is due. These guys mentioned have opened my eyes and have SOMEWHAT changed my out look on PA and private school programs in general...somewhat. They are all extremely football knowledgeable and I genuinely enjoy their take on things whether or not I agree with them. I would not check this site near as often without them here posting.   

PA Dad

Quote from: South 45 on September 06, 2018, 05:10:04 pm
I try to give credit where credit is due. These guys mentioned have opened my eyes and have SOMEWHAT changed my out look on PA and private school programs in general...somewhat. They are all extremely football knowledgeable and I genuinely enjoy their take on things whether or not I agree with them. I would not check this site near as often without them here posting.   

Wow!  My head is swelling.

Many thanks for the defense.  I enjoy all the posters on this board but I enjoy some more than others. :'(

The_Pioneer

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on September 06, 2018, 03:29:27 pm

If you think THAT post is bad, your head would've exploded 5-10 years ago when Shiloh was in its heyday.  The 3 brothers were the embodiment of what you're describing, and were completely unapologetic in being so.

There have been worse than Shiloh.  Marion and Monticello come to mind.  Bear in mind, those were 10 years ago or more.  And they were BAD.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas