• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Junction City@Smackover!!

Started by imtie, August 27, 2018, 11:17:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

thabeast428

Really oldman lol sorry I didn't proof read before I posted bc most humans would of known what I meant

Proud Buckaroo

Apparently you heard wrong.

His family is from here. His father played for Smackover in 1994. He moved to Texas with his mom quite a few years ago. Played varsity ball at San Houston High one year. During his sophomore season. He rushed for 1800 yards.

Not sure who your informant is but they are incorrect. Definitely wouldn't use them again.

panther07

August 29, 2018, 02:41:32 pm #52 Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 02:45:38 pm by panther07
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 29, 2018, 01:03:02 pm
Apparently you heard wrong.

His family is from here. His father played for Smackover in 1994. He moved to Texas with his mom quite a few years ago. Played varsity ball at San Houston High one year. During his sophomore season. He rushed for 1800 yards.

Not sure who your informant is but they are incorrect. Definitely wouldn't use them again.

He had 5 carries for 25 yards as a sophomore.. May want to check your informant as well. 

WHITEchicken

My informant said he had 125 carries for -17 yards as a junior. Who cares. How many will he have Saturday is the question? Truth give the goods man how good are y'all down there in North Louisiana this year? Anyone good from the bottom of the district down around New Orleans? Just kidding

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: panther07 on August 29, 2018, 02:41:32 pm
He had 5 carries for 25 yards as a sophomore.. May want to check your informant as well.

Let me guess. You went on maxpreps and looked?

And how accurate do you really think maxpreps is? Especially when fans can input information.  Lol.

Datruth100

How bout y'all just get Turners name out ur mouth! The kid is good but without a TEAM he can't win games by his self this ain't track

Proud Buckaroo

That's exactly what I was trying to get across to them. The entire team did well Monday night. You could tell that they all gelled together like a true team!!

panther07

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 29, 2018, 04:53:55 pm

And how accurate do you really think maxpreps is? Especially when fans can input information.  Lol.

Hey buck, I know you think you're really in the know. You didn't even know who the kid was before Friday. If a kid rushes for 1800 yards as a sophomore in big time Texas high school football, it's going to be published somewhere. You bring me some facts and then we can talk. Until then, it's nonsense.

panther07

Sam Houston high in 2016 season averaged 114 rushing yards per game as a TEAM. They only played 10 games, as they missed the playoffs. 1800 isn't a fact Buck. It's not even close actually. But... you know all and everybody else knows nothing.

THA TRUTH

U will learn to not take anything proud says seriously

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 29, 2018, 04:53:55 pm

Wait What?

THA TRUTH

Fans would purposely give him worse stats keep up oldman

panther07

Quote from: THA TRUTH on August 29, 2018, 09:43:53 pm

Just can't believe I can't find anything written about sophomore back going for 1800 in major DFW high school.

THA TRUTH

That and u would think there would be some hudl highlights like the rest of his teammates if what Proud is saying is true................ which clearly isn't

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: THA TRUTH on August 29, 2018, 09:43:53 pm
Thought I remembered Maxpreps rankings and predictions being used all the time in the past for the Bucks.

Proud Buckaroo

What I said came directly from a family member. I didn't feel the need to look up maxpreps stats. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Proud Buckaroo

And yeah, I didn't know about the kid before Monday night. That's because I haven't had any time to keep up with any type of off season stuff.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 30, 2018, 06:28:04 am
What I said came directly from a family member. I didn't feel the need to look up maxpreps stats. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Well next time u see them call them out for lying

Datruth100

August 30, 2018, 10:08:34 am #68 Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 10:10:53 am by Datruth100
SOME OF YALL ARE JUST SICK!! I know TURNER AND SOME OF YALL GOT YO FACTS RIGHT N SOME OF YALL ARE JUST DOWN RITE HATERS AND DONT KNOW NOTHING.. THIS KID HAS BEEN PLAYING BALL AND PERFORMING LIKE THIS SINCE HE WAS 5years old.. AND U PROBABLY AINT HEARD NOTHING ABOUT HIM BECAUSE HIS MOM HAD WAIVERS WITH THE SCHOOL IN TEXAS TO KEEP HIS STUFF PRIVATE BECAUSE OF CREEPS LIKE HALF OF YALL NOW. SOME HOW IT SLIPPED THREW THE CRACKS IN ARKANSAS N NOW LOOK! THE BOY HAS HAD N GOTTEN OFFERS FROM MANY COLLEGES CAUSE THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO AS PERMISSION TO VIEW HIS STATS! I HAVE NOTHING TO PROVE TO NO ONE BUT I WAS DIRECTED TO THIS PAGE TO ADDRESS THE ISSUE! AGAIN LIKE WAS STATED BEFORE YEA HIS IS GOOD N SUPER FAST HIS MOM WAS A TRACK STAR N HE HAS MADE HIS MARK IN TRACK ALSO!WITH THAT BEING SAID JUST CAUSE U AINT HEARD OF HIM DONT MEAN WHATS SAID AINT TRUE! ITS WAYS AROUND EVERYTHING N HIS MOM IS A VERY QUITE N HUMBLE PERSON! MAYBE IF U WASNT STUCK BEHIND A SCREEN NAME N NEVER BEEN OUT OF ARKANSAS U WOULD KNOW SOMETHING OH AND WITHOUT HIS O LINE QB AND THE REST OF HIS TEAM HE COULDNT RUN UP SCORES LIKE MONDAY ITS A FOOTBALL TEAM NOT A TRACK MEET!!! THE BUCKS PLAYED AS A TEAM AND WON AS A TEAM!!YALL HAVE A BLESSED DAY

WorkOrder

Quote from: Datruth100 on August 30, 2018, 10:08:34 am
SOME OF YALL ARE JUST SICK!! I know TURNER AND SOME OF YALL GOT YO FACTS RIGHT N SOME OF YALL ARE JUST DOWN RITE HATERS AND DONT KNOW NOTHING.. THIS KID HAS BEEN PLAYING BALL AND PERFORMING LIKE THIS SINCE HE WAS 5years old.. AND U PROBABLY AINT HEARD NOTHING ABOUT HIM BECAUSE HIS MOM HAD WAIVERS WITH THE SCHOOL IN TEXAS TO KEEP HIS STUFF PRIVATE BECAUSE OF CREEPS LIKE HALF OF YALL NOW. SOME HOW IT SLIPPED THREW THE CRACKS IN ARKANSAS N NOW LOOK! THE BOY HAS HAD N GOTTEN OFFERS FROM MANY COLLEGES CAUSE THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO AS PERMISSION TO VIEW HIS STATS! I HAVE NOTHING TO PROVE TO NO ONE BUT I WAS DIRECTED TO THIS PAGE TO ADDRESS THE ISSUE! AGAIN LIKE WAS STATED BEFORE YEA HIS IS GOOD N SUPER FAST HIS MOM WAS A TRACK STAR N HE HAS MADE HIS MARK IN TRACK ALSO!WITH THAT BEING SAID JUST CAUSE U AINT HEARD OF HIM DONT MEAN WHATS SAID AINT TRUE! ITS WAYS AROUND EVERYTHING N HIS MOM IS A VERY QUITE N HUMBLE PERSON! MAYBE IF U WASNT STUCK BEHIND A SCREEN NAME N NEVER BEEN OUT OF ARKANSAS U WOULD KNOW SOMETHING OH AND WITHOUT HIS O LINE QB AND THE REST OF HIS TEAM HE COULDNT RUN UP SCORES LIKE MONDAY ITS A FOOTBALL TEAM NOT A TRACK MEET!!! THE BUCKS PLAYED AS A TEAM AND WON AS A TEAM!!YALL HAVE A BLESSED DAY

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

panther07

You're right. I should get out more.

WHITEchicken

Hahahahah. By your grammar it sounds like you haven't been out much, but I'm sure you are going to say "I have travelled all over and have made millions". Your post is ridiculous. Step one, take off all caps you are hurting my ears. Step two, read other posts before posting. This whole post is about Smackover vs JC. It is implied that football is not won by one person. The kid is a game changer and he deserves to be talked about.

Datruth100

August 30, 2018, 11:06:15 am #72 Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 11:13:03 am by Datruth100
WELL WHITECHICK I WANT TO USE ALL CAPS AND READING SOMETHING CANT HURT YOUR EARS N OK WHO CARES WHAT THE TOPIC IS CAUSE ITS A FEW PEOPLE ON HERE WHO ARE TALKING MORE ABOUT ONE KID THAN SMACK N JC SO IF U WASNT SAYING ANYTHING TO DOWN THE KID OR QUESTION HIS CREDIBILITY I WAS NOTTALKING TO U. AND THIS A CHAT NOT ENGLISH CLASS SO WHO CARES BOUT GRAMMAR SURELY U SMART ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND WHAT WAS BEING SAID

Carljung

Quote from: panther07 on August 29, 2018, 02:41:32 pm
Lol...does it hurt when you try to be knowledgeable and funny at the same time and it ends up backfiring? "find another informant", "1800 yds", "maxpreps isn't reliable"...lol Your little sports gig has got you all messed up. So if this info isn't right then maybe...

Carljung

Quote from: Datruth100 on August 30, 2018, 11:06:15 am
WELL WHITECHICK I WANT TO USE ALL CAPS AND READING SOMETHING CANT HURT YOUR EARS N OK WHO CARES WHAT THE TOPIC IS CAUSE ITS A FEW PEOPLE ON HERE WHO ARE TALKING MORE ABOUT ONE KID THAN SMACK N JC SO IF U WASNT SAYING ANYTHING TO DOWN THE KID OR QUESTION HIS CREDIBILITY I WAS TALKING TO U. AND THIS A CHAT NOT ENGLISH CLASS SO WHO CARES BOUT GRAMMAR SURELY U SMART ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND WHAT WAS BEING SAID
GET TO CLASS KID YOU"RE GONNA GET IN TROUBLE BY COACH I LIKE IT WHEN SMACKOVER ARGUES WITH SMACKOVER IT MAKES ME LOLOL ONE W AND CHAOS HAS TAKEN OVER SMACKOVER...

Headhunter15

On the other foot... what is JC workin with this year? They beat CHG who is supposed to be a contender for the title this year some would say but what's the dragons lookin like offensively

JeffSavagIV

So in an attempt to get this thread back on track, how's Junction looked so far? Who did they scrimmage and who stands out as kids we need to keep an eye on? I'm very interested in how their DL matches up with Smackover's OL.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Carljung on August 30, 2018, 11:12:07 am
Lol...does it hurt when you try to be knowledgeable and funny at the same time and it ends up backfiring? "find another informant", "1800 yds", "maxpreps isn't reliable"...lol Your little sports gig has got you all messed up. So if this info isn't right then maybe...

It was never my sports gig and I am no longer affiliated with 42 Sports. So... nice try. You have always been so informative. 👌🏻👌🏻😁

HG Hornet

Quote from: JeffSavagIV on August 30, 2018, 11:23:55 am
So in an attempt to get this thread back on track, how's Junction looked so far? Who did they scrimmage and who stands out as kids we need to keep an eye on? I'm very interested in how their DL matches up with Smackover's OL.
I can tell you that they're linemen are big.  Their RBs are good and can break away.  #4 and #10 can tote it, but I think #10 may have gotten injured last week.  Their QB threw us 3 or 4 picks so I wouldn't bet on their passing game beating you, but he did throw a TD to a wide open WR on a busted defense coverage on our part.  They're Junction City.......they aren't soft.  I wouldn't bank on them turning it over like Foreman did and they aren't as one dimensional as Foreman is.  I'm curious as to how many points they give up the rest of the season.  I don't think many teams will put 50 on them and take them to OT like the Hornets did.

Are we title contenders?  I didn't say that, someone else did a few posts up, but we are the Hornets and we'll sting ya......in bunches.  We'll beat a few teams this year and make the playoffs........then its anybody's guess. 

Proud Buckaroo

I'm kind of confused here. JC turned it over 3-4 times to CHG. But Smackover shouldn't bank on them turning it over against them like Foreman did? 5 times.

Smackover Fan

Just try to throw the ball a lot or run like we can't hit. You know, since Smackover isn't worth any respect. Junction City and Smackover have had a unique relationship for as long as I can remember. Someone said it best on this thread, records don't generally matter when these teams meet. The truth? Underestimate Smackover and get disappointed, or respect Smackover and have a shot at beating us. I'm not delusional, but it seems to be a common belief week after week, Smackover can beat anyone, but top tier programs can beat Smackover. We tend to always get kind of a dark horse vibe. I'm fine with that. Considering our mascot and colors.

WHITEchicken

I know that Smackover has not beat jc in a while but they are normally good games up to the final horn. Cramps here, fumble there, Hail Mary over there. The difference is normally one or two plays.

HG Hornet

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 30, 2018, 11:50:09 am
I'm kind of confused here. JC turned it over 3-4 times to CHG. But Smackover shouldn't bank on them turning it over against them like Foreman did? 5 times.
What are you confused about?  Didn't the Bucks capitalize on some of Foreman's turnovers?  You know that you can't plan on one team hurting themselves by turning it over 3, 4, or 5 times.  Those are like gifts.  Rison turned it over 6 times against us last year and Hampton did 3 times on 3 consecutive drives and that got both of them beat, but you can't plan on that happening and prepare for it.  I was trying to be honest and tell you that their linemen are big, they have two good running backs and one of them may be hurt, and their passing game isn't very potent as their QB has accuracy issues.  You'll find out for yourselves on Saturday.     

JeffSavagIV

It's going to be a good one either way and definitely should be a packed house! I've heard it might be SRO especially with the Razorbacks not playing a big name school on opening day. Looking like people down there are going to be looking for a game to head to Saturday night and Smackover's the place to be.

THA TRUTH

Jc qb tried to force throws instead of taking a sack of getting the ball out of bounds.... all those can be fixed but it will be interesting to see how smackover handle the run game of JC cause it was like a knife through butter last season

HG Hornet

Quote from: THA TRUTH on August 30, 2018, 01:51:44 pm
Jc qb tried to force throws instead of taking a sack of getting the ball out of bounds.... all those can be fixed but it will be interesting to see how smackover handle the run game of JC cause it was like a knife through butter last season
It may not be anyway, but if JC #10 is out it definitely won't be like a knife through butter.

WHITEchicken

I don't remember the knife through butter truth. There were a few big plays I think. If y'all have to drive the ball each time Smackover probably wins by 2 or more touchdowns Saturday.

Jimbo Morphis

WHAT?

THA TRUTH

Quote from: WHITEchicken on August 30, 2018, 02:32:55 pm
I don't remember the knife through butter truth. There were a few big plays I think. If y'all have to drive the ball each time Smackover probably wins by 2 or more touchdowns Saturday.

So u don't remember jc running the ball every play right down the field as they scored 36 unanswered..... I'm starting to question if u ever watch the games

Headhunter15

I'm hearing that someone made a report on turner and now he's ineligible to play ? Anybody hear more about it?

THA TRUTH

Yea but heard he was still playing p

WHITEchicken

Making a report and the AAA telling someone they can't play is completely different. You can have the exact same situation from one year to the next and have different rulings by the AAA. What was the report on?

Headhunter15

Quote from: WHITEchicken on August 30, 2018, 03:26:50 pm
Making a report and the AAA telling someone they can't play is completely different. You can have the exact same situation from one year to the next and have different rulings by the AAA. What was the report on?

Someone supposedly called into AAA saying smackover receuited him and that he doesn't live in smackover. Both are false, turner used to go to smackover school some years ago but moved awAy and now moved back. He has family all in smackover so this whole report is false. Dumb reports

WHITEchicken

Texas kid moving over with Texas coaches. Sounds fishy....hahaha.

Proud Buckaroo

Not just someone. Someone from JC is who reported him. Supposedly Smackover has to forfeit their win Monday night.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: THA TRUTH on August 30, 2018, 03:16:51 pm
Yea but heard he was still playing p

Nah. He won't be playing. They are working the issues out day by day.

Proud Buckaroo

And too be honest. Whoever turned this false report in should seriously be ashamed of themselves.  I'm not concerned about it from a Smackover standpoint. I am concerned about this kids future could be determined off of this. He is a Senior and this is his last season to play high school football.

Smackover Fan

This is absolutely sad. His dad graduated with my aunt, and his family is from here. Someone potentially ruined this kids lifejust because they were afraid they might lose a football game. It's larger than a win.

THA TRUTH

Calm down if it's nothing to it he will be back

Proud Buckaroo

I'm calm. Just don't understand why someone would willingly call in a false report like that.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas