• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Junction City@Smackover!!

Started by imtie, August 27, 2018, 11:17:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

imtie

Lets hear it. Who you got? Both teams coming off impressive wins! Smackover's speed at RB will tell the story on offense but will they have the speed on defense to combat JC's speed on offense?

Horse Shoe

Gonna be a tough test.  Quick turnaround for the Bucks and a more rested JC team. 

thabeast428

August 28, 2018, 07:30:16 am #2 Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 07:37:57 am by thabeast428
We don't have as much speed as previous years so idk plus #10 is out so that's one key player we're gonna be missing. And our defense well let's hope the linebacker and secondary play gets better if not it's gonna be a long game for the Dragons

WHITEchicken

I haven't seen the dragons play, and only seen the Bucks play one. I think the streak ends Saturday.

WorkOrder

Why are they playing on Saturday??

WorkOrder

Gonna be a long game for the Dragons period. Smackover is legit.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: WorkOrder on August 28, 2018, 07:45:56 am
Why are they playing on Saturday??

Playing on a Saturday because we played Last night. We are giving more rest time for the boys. We did this in 2015. We played Warren at UAPB on Monday. Then JC on Saturday.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: WorkOrder on August 28, 2018, 08:45:42 am
Gonna be a long game for the Dragons period. Smackover is legit.

Wow, man. I appreciate the credit to Smackover. 👍🏼👌🏻

Looking forward to Smackover vs Prescott.

HG Hornet

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 28, 2018, 09:34:46 am
I think when CHG plays Smackover, it'll be for 2nd & 3rd place in the conference.

WorkOrder

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 28, 2018, 09:33:51 am

Playing on a Saturday because we played Last night. We are giving more rest time for the boys. We did this in 2015. We played Warren at UAPB on Monday. Then JC on Saturday.

Gotcha.

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 28, 2018, 09:34:46 am
Wow, man. I appreciate the credit to Smackover. 👍🏼👌🏻

You all looked really good last night. I am looking forward to the Smackover vs. Prescott game as well. Should be a good one. Both teams will probably be undefeated. Showdown in P-Town.

THA TRUTH

Turner is the only reason smackover has the chance to finally beat JC

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: THA TRUTH on August 28, 2018, 12:14:33 pm
Turner is the only reason smackover has the chance to finally beat JC

Yep. Sure he is. It has nothing to do with coaching or the rest of the team.

THA TRUTH

The coaching staff and other players wouldn't be able to do it.... Good thing y'all are fortunate to have a move in like turner

AA Insider

What's the actual backstory on turner? He's very impressive and fun to watch.

Horse Shoe

Quote from: AA Insider on August 28, 2018, 12:44:31 pm
What's the actual backstory on turner? He's very impressive and fun to watch.
Turner's dad was a Smackover graduate. I believe around the '92 to '94 time frame.  His name was also Greg, and yes, he was fast too.  They just recently moved back from somewhere in Texas.

panther07

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 28, 2018, 12:15:35 pm
Yep. Sure he is. It has nothing to do with coaching or the rest of the team.

Proud buck is back and still really defensive!! Glad nothing has changed Buck!

That said I also don't think Junction will be that great. Lost so so so so much and I'm overall not impressed with the way they play vs the way they used to play.

AA Insider

Nice. He looks to be a great addition.

WHITEchicken

If turner gets in the open he is gone. If you try to tackle him by yourself it will be a chore and that's tha truth

THA TRUTH

Quote from: WHITEchicken on August 28, 2018, 01:37:47 pm
If turner gets in the open he is gone. If you try to tackle him by yourself it will be a chore and that's tha truth

good post

Smackover Fan

Turner looks fantastic, but don't ignore the fact that 2 of his scores were after Dexter Crockett big plays. That early game screen was also exciting to see from Smackover. I miss the pooch kicks, but I'm excited about this team. Smackover gets by JC 45ish-high 30s one possession game.

WHITEchicken

Yes Crockett was fantastic. That game Friday came down to conditioning I think more than anything. We were in better shape and it showed the second half. Crampcity is no longer Smackover Arkansas. For an opening game they did a good job of not jumping offside and false starting a lot. I wish I would have been able to see the JC game. I hear that they might be the new cramp city. I guess we will see come Saturday. No excuses from me win or lose. I hope it is a fun one to watch, with these two it normally is.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Smackover Fan on August 28, 2018, 02:55:38 pm
Turner looks fantastic, but don't ignore the fact that 2 of his scores were after Dexter Crockett big plays. That early game screen was also exciting to see from Smackover. I miss the pooch kicks, but I'm excited about this team. Smackover gets by JC 45ish-high 30s one possession game.

Let's just put it this way..... there is a reason they put turner back in

THA TRUTH

Quote from: WHITEchicken on August 28, 2018, 03:31:04 pm
Yes Crockett was fantastic. That game Friday came down to conditioning I think more than anything. We were in better shape and it showed the second half. Crampcity is no longer Smackover Arkansas. For an opening game they did a good job of not jumping offside and false starting a lot. I wish I would have been able to see the JC game. I hear that they might be the new cramp city. I guess we will see come Saturday. No excuses from me win or lose. I hope it is a fun one to watch, with these two it normally is.

How dare u

Proud Buckaroo

Because he's the starting RB. And he has 201 yards on 15 carries. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Headhunter15

And he came out because he had a minor injury lol not like foreman was unstoppable without turner on the field 😂😂

sax2play8

Turner is definitely a great addition and absolutely gives us a better advantage in games. But our line was blocking good. Only a few times did foreman get us in the backfield. Boone is 10x better than he was last year. Looked more confident on the field last night. Also our D looked good last night. Other than a couple big plays we stopped Forman. My opinion even without Turner I feel we could have won last night. I haven't seen JC but I know when the bucks and the dragons play records don't matter and we will have a exciting game till the final buzzer. Smackover by 6

imtie

Quote from: sax2play8 on August 28, 2018, 04:52:58 pm
Turner is definitely a great addition and absolutely gives us a better advantage in games. But our line was blocking good. Only a few times did foreman get us in the backfield. Boone is 10x better than he was last year. Looked more confident on the field last night. Also our D looked good last night. Other than a couple big plays we stopped Forman. My opinion even without Turner I feel we could have won last night. I haven't seen JC but I know when the bucks and the dragons play records don't matter and we will have a exciting game till the final buzzer. Smackover by 6

Very much agree with you! With these two records don't matter at all.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Headhunter15 on August 28, 2018, 04:18:48 pm
And he came out because he had a minor injury lol not like foreman was unstoppable without turner on the field 😂😂

Na but smackover was stoppable with turner off the field

Headhunter15

Who on JC is jumping with Modica? #3

thabeast428

Guess we will have to wait and find out Saturday

JeffSavagIV

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Headhunter15 on August 28, 2018, 07:53:42 pm
Who on JC is jumping with Modica? #3

Same who jumped and had some success a far superior athlete in Hill from grove

panther07

Smackover beats foreman with gators fumbling 4 snaps and all of a sudden they're world beaters.. no way somebody like JC could play with smackover.

Headhunter15

Same routine every time. World beaters? Naw just don't say turner was the ONLY reason smack won as if he hiked the ball to himself then ran all those yards with no blockers or like he was playing defense 1 v 11. It's a team sport and they couldn't stop him so of course you'd keep feeding the kid lol don't like what they do then stop it simple

Jimbo Morphis

Smackover activity increased a lot on this board with a win. Bunch of bandwagon fans.

WHITEchicken

Go back to Mcghee old man. You are right we increased our numbers by 500%. What does JC have this year truth? I honestly haven't heard much but I haven't been on the 2a board much this year either.

JeffSavagIV

Quote from: Oldman on August 29, 2018, 06:24:31 am
Smackover activity increased a lot on this board with a win. Bunch of bandwagon fans.
Little salty there aren't you.

JeffSavagIV

This Smackover team might not be as talented as 2014-2016 but they're better than they were last year for sure. Brought a lot back from last years team and that backfield is very talented. Don't be surprised if they make a major run. Just need to take it one game at a time and get out this 3 games in 12 days stretch.

WHITEchicken

There won't be many teams more talented that those teams.

thabeast428

U should go look on 2a board being y'all are playing 2a schools nonconference lol

Carljung

Quote from: Horse Shoe on August 28, 2018, 01:01:47 pm
Turner's dad was a Smackover graduate. I believe around the '92 to '94 time frame.  His name was also Greg, and yes, he was fast too.  They just recently moved back from somewhere in Texas.
Not what I heard...js

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: WHITEchicken on August 29, 2018, 08:46:21 am
Go back to Mcghee old man. You are right we increased our numbers by 500%. What does JC have this year truth? I honestly haven’t heard much but I haven’t been on the 2a board much this year either.
Even got Proud Buck out of retirement.

WHITEchicken

Thanks for that oldman. I needed some help those dang gator fans were coming for me hard until the third quarter Monday. They quickly realized the chicken knew what he was talking about. Bwark, bwark, bwaaaaark.

thabeast428

August 29, 2018, 10:56:16 am #44 Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 12:54:57 pm by thabeast428
He was a graduate from smackover and his some moved from his mom's house in Texas to live with his dad and that came from his kin in junction city so yea what u heard obviously wasn't correct lol

hawgman33

Whitechicken, you seem to know alot about Smackover? Are you from the area?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: thabeast428 on August 29, 2018, 10:56:16 am
He was a graduate from smackover and his some moved from his mom's house in Texas to live with his dad and that come from his kin in junction city so yea what u heard obviously wasn't correct lol
Come from his kin? I hear bluegrass music.

WHITEchicken

I have been Around the area for a while. I have a few people who keep me informed.

hawgman33

Quote from: WHITEchicken on August 29, 2018, 11:18:49 am
I have been Around the area for a while. I have a few people who keep me informed.

Gotcha. Thought maybe you worked at the school or something.

WHITEchicken

Just have a few set of eyes and ears around.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas