• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bentonville West at Owasso, OK

Started by Razorback Red, August 23, 2018, 10:28:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback Red

Great game right out of the gate to start the season.  West has a 3rd-year starting QB and one of the best play-makers in the state at WR.  Question is can they run the ball this season after losing some key Oline pieces.  Owasso is coming off of a state title and is projected to be in the mix again this season.  I think size in the trenches could be the diff in this one in favor of Owasso. 

Other thoughts?

Razorback Red

Really, really good HS game to start the season.  It was 1am when I  got home, so a little late here in giving my game report.  Just to note, the Owasso stadium was top-notch!

First, prayers for W Jarrett and a speedy recovery.  Not certain yet of his injury, but he will likely miss some time.  He is the only QB to ever start a game for West. 

Final was Owasso 56, West 40 - That score doesn't really tell the story, as West led and still had the lead when WJ went out.  Not saying they would have won, but the game completely changed at that point.  All the energy for West was gone. 

I will also note that Owasso played last night without their starting RB due to injury.  I'm sure we would have also had a big impact in the game. 

When WJ is back and healthy, they will be as good as any team in AR.  I would go as far as saying WJ, JJ and TS are the best QB/WR/RB punch in 7A.   Three very explosive offensive weapons.  Jackson had 2 TDs and Smallwood had 2 TD's. 

Owasso is going to be very good as well, as they are currently ranked #1 in OK.  Both teams gave up too many big plays, but it was week 1.  They will both get better on D and will both be in the thick of things come November. 

businesstron

August 25, 2018, 03:20:32 pm #2 Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 03:30:24 pm by businesstron
Quote from: Razorback Red on August 25, 2018, 07:50:15 am
Really, really good HS game to start the season.  It was 1am when I  got home, so a little late here in giving my game report.  Just to note, the Owasso stadium was top-notch!

First, prayers for W Jarrett and a speedy recovery.  Not certain yet of his injury, but he will likely miss some time.  He is the only QB to ever start a game for West. 

Final was Owasso 56, West 40 - That score doesn't really tell the story, as West led and still had the lead when WJ went out.  Not saying they would have won, but the game completely changed at that point.  All the energy for West was gone. 

I will also note that Owasso played last night without their starting RB due to injury.  I'm sure we would have also had a big impact in the game. 

When WJ is back and healthy, they will be as good as any team in AR.  I would go as far as saying WJ, JJ and TS are the best QB/WR/RB punch in 7A.   Three very explosive offensive weapons.  Jackson had 2 TDs and Smallwood had 2 TD's. 

Owasso is going to be very good as well, as they are currently ranked #1 in OK.  Both teams gave up too many big plays, but it was week 1.  They will both get better on D and will both be in the thick of things come November. 

I was impressed with West.  They represented Arkansas well.  Going into the game I thought that Owasso would soundly beat them.  But if Jarrett doesn't get hurt West probably wins that game.  I hope he's not out to long.  Bryant will be a tough game in a couple of weeks. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas