• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texarkana Razorbacks

Started by Hogman2018, August 02, 2018, 12:36:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogman2018

Cant wait for the season to start! I went to watch practice yesterday and look like a sesoned team! SPEED Speed Speed every where!, Defense will be very good

AHS06

Quote from: Hogman2018 on August 02, 2018, 12:36:03 pm
Cant wait for the season to start! I went to watch practice yesterday and look like a sesoned team! SPEED Speed Speed every where!, Defense will be very good
The defense was good last year.  The offense still has to be productive and put points on the board.  Can't wait to get the season kicked off!

gatecrasher

If Pulaski Academy doesn't become the first team in the history of this state to five peat, Texarkana could be the reason why.

Hogman2018

Hoghead2

Arkansas High has the talent to go very far in the 5A playoffs. Barry Norton has his team on point.

Hoghead2

Arkansas High hung 50 plus on Shilo. The Hogs will only get better.

010hogfan

Quote from: Hoghead2 on August 30, 2018, 11:12:15 am

If they beat LE tomorrow night, look out. That will mean they have really arrived.

beach bum

Quote from: Hoghead2 on August 30, 2018, 11:12:15 am

Prairie Grove hangs 50 on Shiloh every year in conference play the last half decade.... That is not anything to toot your horn about. And this years Shiloh is not even as good as the last 3 years. Texarkana is not a top tog in 5A at all. PA by 45 over the Hogs.

PA Dad

Quote from: 010hogfan on August 30, 2018, 09:41:01 pm
If they beat LE tomorrow night, look out. That will mean they have really arrived.

I agree.  That would prove that Texarkana is a legitimate contender.

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Quote from: beach bum on August 30, 2018, 09:57:23 pm
Prairie Grove hangs 50 on Shiloh every year in conference play the last half decade.... That is not anything to toot your horn about. And this years Shiloh is not even as good as the last 3 years. Texarkana is not a top tog in 5A at all. PA by 45 over the Hogs.

Beach Bum...this may not be the place or the board to ask but I have been wondering.....what exactly happened to Shiloh the last few years to bring them down, or at least back to even ground with everyone else.  I honestly have not kept up with them.

AHS06

Quote from: PA Dad on August 30, 2018, 10:06:07 pm
I agree.  That would prove that Texarkana is a legitimate contender.
For the people around Texarkana this would be a good gauge as to the readiness of the Hogs.  Liberty Eylau is a crosstown rival and our biggest rival Texas High awaits us next week.  These games are always emotional and anything can happen.  I believe last night the JV game was called due to fighting.   

AHS06

August 31, 2018, 08:31:04 am #11 Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 10:41:33 am by AHS06
I have not seen any Arkansas High fan on here brag or put stock in beating Shiloh. 

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on August 30, 2018, 11:25:28 pm
Beach Bum...this may not be the place or the board to ask but I have been wondering.....what exactly happened to Shiloh the last few years to bring them down, or at least back to even ground with everyone else.  I honestly have not kept up with them.

I'll chime in on this as well.  To me the biggest issue for Shiloh has been the transfer rule.  Private to private or public to private the player has to sit out a year.  If this impacts 1-2 transfers a year it has a big impact on Shiloh.  Why sit out when you can go to another NWA school (plenty of options up here) and not sit out a third of your high school playing time.    A few more issues but I will just put that out as what I think the biggest issue is...

woopig2018

Arkansas High is loaded with speed this season.... and it seems the kids are more bought in than ever. 5A south will have a hard time knockin off the hogs this year. I think this LE game will be a hard fought game, but my prediction is if they beat LE and Texas High, they will go undefeated in conference play.

AHS06

Quote from: woopig2018 on August 31, 2018, 08:57:59 am
Arkansas High is loaded with speed this season.... and it seems the kids are more bought in than ever. 5A south will have a hard time knockin off the hogs this year. I think this LE game will be a hard fought game, but my prediction is if they beat LE and Texas High, they will go undefeated in conference play.
I agree.  If we pull off wins against LE and Texas...we should end the regular season undefeated. 

Hoghead2

I disagree, Arkansas High is a top 5 team in 5A. They have talent and coaching. Shiloh had no shot at beating them. LR McClellan is their only challenge in the 5A South.  Only PA from the 3 other 5A Conferences is a  threat.

Jimmy1995

LR McClellan, PA, LRCA, and Parkview would give them a game. The old 5A central
Quote from: Hoghead2 on August 31, 2018, 12:35:25 pm
I disagree, Arkansas High is a top 5 team in 5A. They have talent and coaching. Shiloh had no shot at beating them. LR McClellan is their only challenge in the 5A South.  Only PA from the 3 other 5A Conferences is a  threat.

Texarkana_Piggie

Arkansas High 20
Liberty-Eylau 6
final

Patrick Cook made 2 fgs.  d held and caused to's.  still seemed to have a lot of flags, but better than last week.  the L-E score was with less than 1 minute left in the game with a failed 2 point conversion. 

AHS06

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on August 31, 2018, 10:01:38 pm
Arkansas High 20
Liberty-Eylau 6
final

Patrick Cook made 2 fgs.  d held and caused to's.  still seemed to have a lot of flags, but better than last week.  the L-E score was with less than 1 minute left in the game with a failed 2 point conversion.
Good win for the Hogs.  Improved from last week but we still played sloppy at times and left points off the board.  Defense held strong.   I really hope we didn't lose our starting RB.  I would rest him next week, followed by the bye week,  and be ready for conference play.

PA Dad

Congrats to Texarkana on a good win.  You look like a contender.

AHS06

We took a big blow to our offense last night.  Our big bruising RB Jordan Hall is reportedly out for the season with a broken leg.  He roughly has 500 yards rushing two games into the season.  Best wishes big fella, hope you have a speedy recovery, and prepare for the next level.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: AHS06 on September 01, 2018, 06:58:05 am
We took a big blow to our offense last night.  Our big bruising RB Jordan Hall is reportedly out for the season with a broken leg.  He roughly has 500 yards rushing two games into the season.  Best wishes big fella, hope you have a speedy recovery, and prepare for the next level.
Hate to hear of injuries wish him a speedy recovery. Good luck Texarkana the rest of the season

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: AHS06 on September 01, 2018, 06:58:05 am

oh no!  i knew he left the game...was hoping it was nothing serious.  best wishes and prayers for jordan.  hope he heals quickly and can continue to play in college.

Texarkana_Piggie

it is officially now Arkansas-Texas week!  go hogs!  stomp the tiggers! 

Hoghead2

Sadly AHS lost their RB last night. Looks as if Isiah Prince will get more touches. He's a fine athlete. AHS run defense is solid and fast. LE had speed and talent last night. AHS was just a better team.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on September 01, 2018, 10:51:38 am
Go Hogs

AHS06

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on September 01, 2018, 10:51:38 am
I bought tickets yesterday and they are going fast.  Go Hogs Go!!!

With Jordan out our running game will take a step back.  After the Texas game, I feel our running game will be enough to get through the 5A South. 

Hogman2018

Quote from: AHS06 on September 05, 2018, 11:08:46 am
I bought tickets yesterday and they are going fast.  Go Hogs Go!!!

With Jordan out our running game will take a step back.  After the Texas game, I feel our running game will be enough to get through the 5A South.
No it wont!! We will be just fine just watch!!

AHS06

Quote from: Hogman2018 on September 05, 2018, 11:49:45 am
No it wont!! We will be just fine just watch!!
We do have other quality backs but you can't just replace Jordan's size and power.  Plus dept will be a concern for the game against Texas High on Friday.

However, we will be fine during conference play and get the backups some quality reps.

Jimmy1995

You'll be fine until you run into McClellan.

AHS06

Quote from: Jimmy1995 on September 05, 2018, 05:20:46 pm
McClellan does not have the offense to beat Arkansas High. 

Hogman2018

Quote from: Jimmy1995 on September 05, 2018, 05:20:46 pm
i watched them play earlier and they had no passing game against Dollarway and that wont  work against Texarkana!! They do have athletes but so do we! Oh  yea tell them to enjoy that long bus ride to Texarkana

010hogfan

Arkansas High is going to steamroll everyone in conference play, they won't lose a game until maybe the state championship if they meet up with PA. I don't expect the game tonight to be close either if they are able to get it in. They will beat Texas High by at least 3 scores.

Texarkana_Piggie

ahs 35
ths 43
final.  very long game.  too many mistakes on our part.  i hate playing at texas high.  the press box may be the best in town but the stands are horrible and parking is worse. in 104 years of playing this game, it is always hard fought, and mistake ridden.  glad it's done.  now on to the games that count. 

010hogfan

Quote from: 010hogfan on September 07, 2018, 03:11:32 pm
Arkansas High is going to steamroll everyone in conference play, they won't lose a game until maybe the state championship if they meet up with PA. I don't expect the game tonight to be close either if they are able to get it in. They will beat Texas High by at least 3 scores.

Oof. Never mind! good game though.

incogneto

I love rivalry games.  I wish I could have been there. 

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: incogneto on September 07, 2018, 10:33:12 pm
I love rivalry games.  I wish I could have been there. 
it was hot, then it rained and was steamy.  there were a gazillion people there.  i think their stadium holds around 8500 and it was close to sold out.  their stadium (seating area) is horrible.  they have a tiny parking lot that won't accommodate 1/6 of the cars for that game and you have to park where ever you can find a side street where you won't get towed.  went down 3rd qtr to try to get a bottle of water...no cold water left.  sold out.  all they had (and not much of it left) was warm water in bottles.  i hate going to games over there.  i haven't been to the game on that side of town in a long time and now i remember why. 

Irijah Price made a sick catch over 2 or 3 defenders in the second qtr.  i mean sports center-worthy.  i hope one of the news people there got a good shot of it.  it was amazing.

Hoghead2

Good game. AHS is ready for 5A South play. That parking at Tiger Stadium on the Texas side it too tight. Nice facilities,  but that parking is horrible.

AHS06

September 08, 2018, 06:38:00 pm #38 Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 06:16:42 am by AHS06
Texas High parking is always horrible and limit around 3 thousand visitor fans to only one entrance for seating was a terrible idea.   I mean we already lose seats by them putting their band and student section on the visitor side.

As I predicted dept became an issue late in the game.   Injuries really hurt us but the Hogs performed well!  I was shocked that we didnt make adjustments on defense after halftime, never blitzed, kept kicking it deep on kickoffs (Texas never kicked deep), and after a score down 2 points we try to kick a PAT.  All in all it was a great football game.  Hats off to both teams honestly.

The Hogs were physical and are well prepared for conference play.  We open conference play with the more quality teams in the 5A South. 

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on September 07, 2018, 10:27:10 pm
ahs 35
ths 43
final.  very long game.  too many mistakes on our part.  i hate playing at texas high.  the press box may be the best in town but the stands are horrible and parking is worse. in 104 years of playing this game, it is always hard fought, and mistake ridden.  glad it's done.  now on to the games that count.
man I bet that was a good game

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas