• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Har-Ber Transfers to Springdale High

Started by soccerhawg, April 24, 2018, 02:17:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaver Fever

If the AAA don't step in and do something they are the joke everybody thinks they are. Clear video evidence of recruiting violations.

Hornet-Hawg

So at the beginning of the thread, the transfers were OK because Springdale does it all the time and the rest of us shouldn't care because everyone in Springdale is OK with it.  Might have to break a few rules and fudge a few forms to slip it past AAA (probably not) but that is OK because everyone in Springdale is happy.  But when it becomes clear that everyone in Springdale is NOT happy, let's blame the old school for sour grapes.  They should be happy that these mistreated kids are now in a better place.  Then 20 minutes later, let's blame parents from the new school.  They should be happy that illegal transfers took their kids' spots.  Let's sling as much mud as possible to deflect attention away from the source of the dirt.

beach bum

Quote from: GRN R H-2 X-Deep Over on October 31, 2018, 09:29:04 am
Agreed. But, would this be a bigger issue if it were between two schools that had any shot at the title?

You are probably right....

beach bum

Quote from: Beaver Fever on October 31, 2018, 10:18:17 am
If the AAA don't step in and do something they are the joke everybody thinks they are. Clear video evidence of recruiting violations.

beach bum

Why are you even shocked..... I thought this kind of stuff went down all the time in Malvern/Glen Rose/ MC  ;D

Beaver Fever

Maybe, but I've never seen video footage of it. This is a slap in the AAA face.
What if these were two poor delta schools, would it go unnoticed?

AirWarren

Quote from: Beaver Fever on October 31, 2018, 11:38:51 am
Maybe, but I’ve never seen video footage of it. This is a slap in the AAA face.
What if these were two poor delta schools, would it go unnoticed?

It's just a bad look all the way around.

Spider2 Y Banana

This is sad, but in the end it's just two ugly girls fighting in the school parking lot.  Ain't nobody gonna come out looking good, no matter who wins.

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: Spider2 Y Banana on October 31, 2018, 01:54:23 pm
This is sad, but in the end it's just two ugly girls fighting in the school parking lot.  Ain't nobody gonna come out looking good, no matter who wins.
Best statement regarding this entire thread

5tooldad

thats why we are all here though.  Who doesn't love seeing ugly chicks fight? 

Maynard G Krebs

Isn't one a little uglier after the fight?

Rob Van Winkle

The video was taken 3 weeks after the transfer was approved by the school district. Now please tell me how this is evidence of recruiting? I will wait since you seem to have all the answers....... NOT!!!

Beaver Fever

I'm sure you became drinking buddies with the coach AFTER the paper work was finished.  Doubt that was the first time y'all knocked back a few.

Brian G

Be careful as we walk through this folks or by board policy we'll have to shut it down.

I will say:
1.  Don't jump to conclusions w/o a good look see.
2.  This is just not a good look for anyone.  Some guilt is to be shared.

I don't find this end game to be a huge surprise.  This whole thing was walked on egg shells for the longest time and then once they played the jabs were bound to come out.

I personally am still surprised that a school newspaper was the trigger to the public outcry.

scrapman

Quote from: beach bum on October 31, 2018, 11:05:11 am

Wouldn't be the first time the AAA was brought proof of recruiting and did nothing about it.

Rob Van Winkle

October 31, 2018, 05:30:13 pm #65 Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 05:32:22 pm by Rob Van Winkle
Quote from: Beaver Fever on October 31, 2018, 05:16:58 pm
I'm sure you became drinking buddies with the coach AFTER the paper work was finished.  Doubt that was the first time y'all knocked back a few.
No I have been friends with Coach Clark for several years. Is that illegal in the eyes of the law or the AAA? I don't think so. Understand that my son was an All-State performer as a sophomore, one of only 3 in the entire 7A, at Harber so playing time was not an issue. There are some deep, dirty secrets that the administration does not want to get out regarding the coaching staff at Harber... PERIOD.

People have tried to find a smoking gun during this process regarding recruiting for the past 10 months. You know what, nothing has been found because there is nothing to find. When the process is followed and done correctly, there is nothing to hide. I know you conspiracy theorists don't believe that but......

Jump to whatever conclusion you want, but much as everyone wants to believe illegal recruiting or whatever, nothing illegal occurred. Can you say the system is flawed? Absolutely and I will agree with you 100%, but the course of action taken was legal and approved by the appropriate parties all along the way. Nothing was kept hidden at any point and time and believe me, I have a documented timeline of everything that took place because I knew this would get ugly, yes even this ugly.

Heck man dice me up all you want about the video, I can take it. Your opinion of me doesn't matter just like mine of you doesn't matter.

AirWarren

October 31, 2018, 05:31:36 pm #66 Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 05:33:13 pm by AirWarren
Quote from: B.G. on October 31, 2018, 05:21:50 pm
Be careful as we walk through this folks or by board policy we'll have to shut it down.

I will say:
1.  Don't jump to conclusions w/o a good look see.
2.  This is just not a good look for anyone.  Some guilt is to be shared.

I don't find this end game to be a huge surprise.  This whole thing was walked on egg shells for the longest time and then once they played the jabs were bound to come out.

I personally am still surprised that a school newspaper was the trigger to the public outcry.

On top of the coach drinking with new transfer group, The glowing issue is you have kids saying they want to go somewhere to get D1 attention. Ana play football in hopes of getting to the next level.

But the adults filling out the paperwork to transfer state it's an academic issue where SHS offered more educational opportunities.

It's one thing to have he said she said. But this is an instance where you have credible documentation where the dots do not connect.

wildcatfan13

Interesting. Hbhs lost on 11/10/17 in the playoffs. Rob says the video was done the night of the ACC championship game. That was December 2. And he says the transfers were approved 3 weeks prior to the video. So, unless the school district worked to approve the transfers on Saturday, 11/11/17, the transfers were approved prior to Hbhs's last playoff game.

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: AirWarren on October 31, 2018, 05:31:36 pm
On top of the coach drinking with new transfer group, The glowing issue is you have kids saying they want to go somewhere to get D1 attention. Ana play football in hopes of getting to the next level.

But the adults filling out the paperwork to transfer state it's an academic issue where SHS offered more educational opportunities.

It's one thing to have he said she said. But this is an instance where you have credible documentation.
The quotes were taken from the boys by the Harber journalism department BEFORE they left Harber in December 2017. The boys also said they were transferring for the academics at SHS but the journalism group intentionally left that part out. Shocking huh???

AirWarren

Quote from: sickofwhiners on October 31, 2018, 05:31:57 pm
Interesting. Hbhs lost on 11/10/17 in the playoffs. Rob says the video was done the night of the ACC championship game. That was December 2. And he says the transfers were approved 3 weeks prior to the video. So, unless the school district worked to approve the transfers on Saturday, 11/11/17, the transfers were approved prior to Hbhs's last playoff game.

It does not add up. Period.

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: sickofwhiners on October 31, 2018, 05:31:57 pm

11.15.17 to be exact so 2 and a half weeks. My bad....

Next???

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: AirWarren on October 31, 2018, 05:34:21 pm
It does not add up. Period.
You may need to get an abacus for this one to add up in your mind

AirWarren

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: AirWarren on October 31, 2018, 05:31:36 pm

It's one thing to have he said she said. But this is an instance where you have credible documentation where the dots do not connect.
If you honestly believe that high school journalism article is credible then you must really get your fill of CNN and the rest of the fake news out there.......

JacketFan

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on October 31, 2018, 05:37:32 pm
You may need to get an abacus for this one to add up in your mind
The fact that you are still on here trying to defend that video is utterly dispicable.  The fact of the matter is, you pulled the wool over the AAA eyes regarding your kids transfer.  Bottom line, end of story.

gameoflife

I don't think you can come up with a suitable explanation for the conduct on the video or for Coach Clarks presence.  It suggest recruiting, and activities that just don't look good from a leader of young men.

JacketFan

Quote from: gameoflife on October 31, 2018, 05:43:28 pm
I don't think you can come up with a suitable explanation for the conduct on the video or for Coach Clarks presence.  It suggest recruiting, and activities that just don't look good from a leader of young men.
That guy does not deserve the title of coach in front of his name for even being remotely in the area of that video being recorded. 

AirWarren

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on October 31, 2018, 05:42:48 pm
If you honestly believe that high school journalism article is credible then you must really get your fill of CNN and the rest of the fake news out there.......

Registered republican here.

Try again.

Throw back one with Zack for me. Looks classy.

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: gameoflife on October 31, 2018, 05:43:28 pm
That I will not argue and neither will he. But understand that the only 2 students there were my son, he lives there, and another kid who had moved in with us due to his father having stage 4 cancer and his parents moving away, so he was living with us. No other students were there and since Coach Clark and I have a previous established friendship, there is nothing that constitutes recruiting. That student was the one who filmed everything and has since transferred back to Harber. Mysteriously just shortly after he went back to Harber this video shows up almost 8 months later. Weird isn't it???

The video does make the situation look bad, no doubt about it. It was never intended to get out, but it did and it is what it is.

JacketFan

Quote from: JacketFan on October 30, 2018, 08:43:19 pm
Needless to say, this whole scenario sickens me, any coach that would sit there and participate in that foolishness has no business coaching.  Great parenting, hey son, let's just leave your team that you been playing with all these years, we are just gonna jump ship when the going gets tough, one heckuva lesson taught there.  This is a prime example of the crap the AAA should be handing out punishments on.  Absolutely sickened by this.  I have coached kids for 25 years, and this by far beats all I have ever seen. And don't ever refer to that dude on the video as a coach, he does not deserve the respect that the title of coach warrants.

Rob Van Winkle

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: JacketFan on October 31, 2018, 05:46:34 pm
That guy does not deserve the title of coach in front of his name for even being remotely in the area of that video being recorded.
Man I am so glad you guys all live in glass houses.........

JacketFan

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on October 31, 2018, 05:51:14 pm
Yeah we read it the first time......
Apparently you can't comprehend it, or you would be humbling yourself, instead, you are on here trying to justify your actions.

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: AirWarren on October 31, 2018, 05:46:58 pm

Try again.

Glad to see we have one thing in common. By the way did you see any actual drinking in the video or just a couple of empty beer bottles?

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: JacketFan on October 31, 2018, 05:52:52 pm
Apparently you can't comprehend it, or you would be humbling yourself, instead, you are on here trying to justify your actions.
I am not justifying anything man. Just adding some more information which obviously you don't want to hear and that's fine. It is a free country to believe what you want to.

Rob Van Winkle

Serious question.... Can anyone actually pick out the coach on the video or are you just making assumptions on who you think it is?

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on October 31, 2018, 05:55:39 pm
Serious question.... Can anyone actually pick out the coach on the video or are you just making assumptions on who you think it is?
Whoa did I stump everyone??? It wasn't intended to be a trick question......

OrangeCrush.

I think he's the one putting shirts in the fire because that would make this story even better.

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on October 31, 2018, 06:10:54 pm
I think he's the one putting shirts in the fire because that would make this story even better.
Well at least someone made a guess. No he is not and as a matter of fact he is nowhere near the fire at any point in the video. That is my point to some of these posters. I am sure many of them thought he was one of the 2 main characters by the fire in the video but he was not.....

If he was then yes it would make the story even better..........

OrangeCrush.

PA Dad

Quote from: AirWarren on October 31, 2018, 05:46:58 pm

Try again.

I kinda liked you before you admitted you are a republican!

JacketFan

Quote from: PA Dad on October 31, 2018, 06:18:01 pm
I kinda liked you before you admitted you are a republican!
Welcome to the 7a soap opera PA, 5a board was boring, so I came over for some laughs.  ;D ;D ;D

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on October 31, 2018, 06:14:42 pm
Who's the guy in the red sleeves?
It's hard to tell from the video isn't it? Don't really know who is there except for the 2 morons burning the stuff..........

Brian G

This video is not in and of itself is not what some of you make it out to be..  Yes, it does show some extracurricular behavior among friends, but it's not dispositive of some conspiracy.

If more truth comes to light on collateral aspects of this deal, some of you will bust a gusset.

JacketFan

Quote from: B.G. on October 31, 2018, 06:22:42 pm
This video is not in and of itself is not what some of you make it out to be..  Yes, it does show some extracurricular behavior among friends, but it's not dispositive of some conspiracy.

If more truth comes to light on collateral aspects of this deal, some of you will bust a gusset.
Enlighten us BG, I am all for busting a gusset.  ;D

OrangeCrush.

Bottom line... in the end all of this will blow over, because whether any rules were broken or not, the AAA is not going to enforce them and wouldn't dare penalize someone. So let's just all have fun, find a coach to drink with, recruit, and burn shirts.

JacketFan

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on October 31, 2018, 06:26:22 pm
Bottom line... in the end all of this will blow over, because whether any rules were broken or not, the AAA is not going to enforce them and wouldn't dare penalize someone. So let's just all have fun, find a coach to drink with, recruit, and burn shirts.
;D ;D ;D

Brian G

I'm going to let this play out.  There are a lot of people very vested and this is very personal to them.  I'm going to let this come out as it does on its own.

For those with a sense of board history, you will recall I grew up in Fayetteville and despised SHS for my entire life.  Even went through the Gus era with the same mindset.  Just. Couldn't stand them.  I ripped them to Kingdom Come on this board.

That's no longer the case.

Brian G

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas