• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Har-Ber Transfers to Springdale High

Started by soccerhawg, April 24, 2018, 02:17:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dad

Quote from: B.G. on October 31, 2018, 06:30:31 pm
And you call yourself a PA Fan?  :)

I was enjoying reading a thread about recruiting that's not about P.A. 

Brian G

Quote from: PA Dad on October 31, 2018, 06:31:53 pm
I bet.

JacketFan

Quote from: PA Dad on October 31, 2018, 06:31:53 pm
Me too, the PA stuff was getting old, this is pretty interesting though.  :)

Maynard G Krebs

October 31, 2018, 06:34:07 pm #103 Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 06:35:56 pm by Maynard G Krebs
Quote from: B.G. on October 31, 2018, 06:30:31 pm
And you call yourself a PA Fan?  :)

Kinda, sorta.  Well heck, I'll admit it.. YES.

Just enjoying this thread for some morbid reason.  Must be the weather or Halloween or something!  The Glen Rose thread got deleted so I am surfing other entertaining threads.

Brian G

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on October 31, 2018, 06:34:07 pm
Kinda, sorta.  Well heck, I'll admit it.. YES.

Just enjoying this thread for some morbid reason.  Must be the weather or Halloween or something!  The Glen Rose thread got deleted so I am surfing other entertaining threads.
Kinda of different not to be the center of attention.

Maynard G Krebs

Brian G

Everyone behave please.  Going to a Hween party.

HawkFan03

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on October 31, 2018, 05:55:39 pm
Serious question.... Can anyone actually pick out the coach on the video or are you just making assumptions on who you think it is?

It's pretty obvious that he is there when someone is yelling his name multiple times...Pretty sure he is in the all red jacket.

AirWarren

Quote from: PA Dad on October 31, 2018, 06:18:01 pm
I kinda liked you before you admitted you are a republican!

No shame, no shame.

The true blue collar man. :D

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: HawkFan03 on October 31, 2018, 06:47:06 pm
It's pretty obvious that he is there when someone is yelling his name multiple times...Pretty sure he is in the all red jacket.
Didn't say he wasn't there. Just asked if anyone could pick him out. You said you were pretty sure he is in the all red jacket. At least you took a stab.

beach bum

Quote from: B.G. on October 31, 2018, 06:42:01 pm
Everyone behave please.  Going to a Hween party.

Come on now.... If I am too old for that then you are too  ;D

scrapman

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on October 31, 2018, 07:03:44 pm
Didn't say he wasn't there. Just asked if anyone could pick him out. You said you were pretty sure he is in the all red jacket. At least you took a stab.
I'm saying his phone text records in the article that were retrieved showed everyone he was there. I'm guessing some people may have skimmed over that part to get to the video.

AirWarren

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on October 31, 2018, 07:03:44 pm

I'm trick or treating with a princess.

I'll tend to you later lol

Baitshop

Sure is a lot of especially upset here on the ol' board for a bunch of dudes that don't live in NWA...

Bottom line is this....kids/parents applied for transfer...per SISD procedures, both Principles approved the transfers...the SISD administration said that the transfers met their guidelines and approved the transfers and the AAA reviewed the requests and said they met the AAA guidelines and approved the transfers. The kids and parents did everything that was required of them to transfer and should have no regrets or grief given.

Do I think that they transferred for athletic reason or not liking Chris Wood? Probably, but that is certainly not the only time that that has happened in Springdale going both directions between the schools. And it won't be the last time that it will happen.

Do I think that the kids/parents talked to Coach Clark before requesting the transfers? Of course they did, who wouldn't? As long as he didn't make the initial contact, then there is absolutely nothing to see here. Those types of conversations are held in Ft. Smith at Northside and Southside with kids that, for what ever reason want to transfer to the other school. Both of the Ft. Smith coaches refer them to the FSISD service center to begin the paperwork to see if the transfer will be allowed. After that, it is out of their hands.

Do I agree with what they did, probably not, but I also don't know what the situation was with Coach Wood either. Most folks that have played in the 7A West have heard some of the stories about Woods attitude and people skills with his players, parents and other coaches in the conference. "Prickly" might be a good place to start in the discriptions that I have heard.

Either way, the kids and parents followed the letter of the law and the rest of this stuff could all be healed up with a big tube of Boudreaux Butt Paste available next to the diapers at WalMart...

beach bum

Quote from: scrapman on October 31, 2018, 07:18:34 pm
I'm saying his phone text records in the article that were retrieved showed everyone he was there. I'm guessing some people may have skimmed over that part to get to the video.

I couldn't even get anything from the video cause I think someone filmed it with a 2005 flip phone....

scrapman

Quote from: Baitshop on October 31, 2018, 07:19:51 pm
Sure is a lot of especially upset here on the ol' board for a bunch of dudes that don't live in NWA...

Bottom line is this....kids/parents applied for transfer...per SISD procedures, both Principles approved the transfers...the SISD administration said that the transfers met their guidelines and approved the transfers and the AAA reviewed the requests and said they met the AAA guidelines and approved the transfers. The kids and parents did everything that was required of them to transfer and should have no regrets or grief given.

Do I think that they transferred for athletic reason or not liking Chris Wood? Probably, but that is certainly not the only time that that has happened in Springdale going both directions between the schools. And it won't be the last time that it will happen.

Do I think that the kids/parents talked to Coach Clark before requesting the transfers? Of course they did, who wouldn't? As long as he didn't make the initial contact, then there is absolutely nothing to see here. Those types of conversations are held in Ft. Smith at Northside and Southside with kids that, for what ever reason want to transfer to the other school. Both of the Ft. Smith coaches refer them to the FSISD service center to begin the paperwork to see if the transfer will be allowed. After that, it is out of their hands.

Do I agree with what they did, probably not, but I also don't know what the situation was with Coach Wood either. Most folks that have played in the 7A West have heard some of the stories about Woods attitude and people skills with his players, parents and other coaches in the conference. "Prickly" might be a good place to start in the discriptions that I have heard.

Either way, the kids and parents followed the letter of the law and the rest of this stuff could all be healed up with a big tube of Boudreaux Butt Paste available next to the diapers at WalMart...
Some are upset...
Some are looking for something to talk about...
Some are not really upset at this situation in particular but with the AAA and this is just another example of kids transferring in general. How long will it take before a kid is told "NO". We complain about today's society and how kids act and how they want immediate results. The adults are the ones letting them do whatever they want.
I wonder what the percentage is of kids that transfer successfully to the ones the AAA denies? Im saying 100 percent success over the last 5-10 years.

HawkFan03

This is actually where the situation gets ridiculous. It is all up to the principals and athletic directors first. Football is a major sport so most of those requested are granted but I know of plenty in other sports that were not granted even though they went through the right channels. They could have easily lied on an address or something but because they actually gave a the true reason it was denied.

WestTiger

While I think what is happening in the video is silly, the kids and their families have the option to transfer and followed the guidelines.

PA Dad

Baitshop I think your analysis is correct.  The incongruity is the kids saying they transferred because of football while the parents claimed it was academic.  But it could truthfully be both.

What puzzles me is that neither of these schools is in the mix for a playoff run this year.  I can understand the grousing about PA because of its success but folks usually care little about schools that are not on the mix.  Is this really about this situation or is it about disgust with the AAA in general?

DerekOxford

October 31, 2018, 10:51:42 pm #119 Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 01:25:00 pm by DerekOxford
As a former journalist, the fact that the advisor of the Har-Ber Herald actually let that story publish on its website is absolutely appalling.

The quotes read like they are completely made up and it is chock full of errors, fallacies and complete inaccuracies. In an era where people trust journalism less and less each day, the LAST thing that should happen is publishing a story like this and teaching young people that this passes as journalism.

Edit: after getting more information

Wahls

November 01, 2018, 06:04:46 am #120 Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 06:19:20 am by Wahls
Quote from: JacketFan on October 31, 2018, 06:33:10 pm
Me too, the PA stuff was getting old, this is pretty interesting though.  :)

The PA stuff happened on a parent-to-parent level. I *did* have some proof of that - I will have to check and see if I still have that message. Sorry, I don't post much on here and I'd have to go back a ways and look.

This seems a whole ******* lot bigger than that.

To my knowledge, and I looked around a whole lot, I never saw evidence that PA was engaging in institutional-style recruiting.

Quote from: scrapman on October 31, 2018, 05:29:01 pm
Wouldn’t be the first time the AAA was brought proof of recruiting and did nothing about it.

Listen to scrapman here, folks.

I know of at least one other instance of this intimately - probably the same one scrapman is thinking of. (and not PA or any other private school involved.)

And it was horse crap.

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on October 31, 2018, 05:37:32 pm
You may need to get an abacus for this one to add up in your mind

Get a grip.

Bottom line is this....kids/parents applied for transfer...per SISD procedures, both Principles approved the transfers...the SISD administration said that the transfers met their guidelines and approved the transfers and the AAA reviewed the requests

ahahahahahahaha. The great pillar of truth, the AAA.

Quote from: Baitshop on October 31, 2018, 07:19:51 pmand said they met the AAA guidelines and approved the transfers

People have a right to an education and everyone here knows that transfers are just a formality.

Quote from: Baitshop on October 31, 2018, 07:19:51 pmThe kids and parents did everything that was required of them to transfer and should have no regrets or grief given.

That's like saying that money laundering is legal as long as you didn't get caught. "But I filed my taxes you guys! It's legit I promise! All the requirements are right here!"

Quote from: DerekOxford on October 31, 2018, 10:51:42 pm
The quotes are completely made up

Pump the brakes - what?

What the heck is going on out here?

wildcatfan13

Derek:  You basically say this story is made up.  What is YOUR evidence of this?  Is the video a creation made by "crisis actors"?  Even Rob, who is one of the parents doesn't say the students' quotes are "completely made up".  He says "The boys also said they were transferring for the academics at SHS but the journalism group intentionally left that part out." 

Most journalists tend to record their interviews.  It would be interesting to know if the student journalists were savvy enough to do that in this case.  It would certainly make it a little more clear who was being forthcoming. 

Finally, if the transfers were completed prior to the video, why did the students stay at HBHS through the end of the semester?  Given that academics were their clear priority and their belief that SHS was the better school, why didn't the leave immediately? 

DerekOxford

Quote from: sickofwhiners on November 01, 2018, 09:45:30 am
Derek:  You basically say this story is made up.  What is YOUR evidence of this?  Is the video a creation made by "crisis actors"?  Even Rob, who is one of the parents doesn't say the students' quotes are "completely made up".  He says "The boys also said they were transferring for the academics at SHS but the journalism group intentionally left that part out." 

Most journalists tend to record their interviews.  It would be interesting to know if the student journalists were savvy enough to do that in this case.  It would certainly make it a little more clear who was being forthcoming. 

Finally, if the transfers were completed prior to the video, why did the students stay at HBHS through the end of the semester?  Given that academics were their clear priority and their belief that SHS was the better school, why didn't the leave immediately?

No evidence, just reads like a hit job piece with an agenda. If they want to produce audio or video recordings of the interviews they conducted, then I'll retract my statement, but I'm fairly confident that there are none.

Rayburn

November 01, 2018, 10:44:29 am #123 Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 10:46:27 am by Rayburn
Quote from: DerekOxford on November 01, 2018, 10:09:05 am
No evidence, just reads like a hit job piece with an agenda. If they want to produce audio or video recordings of the interviews they conducted, then I'll retract my statement, but I'm fairly confident that there are none.
OK then. What are the "errors fallacies and inaccuracies"?
Surely you can be specific. Those are very direct accusations.

DerekOxford

Quote from: Rayburn on November 01, 2018, 10:44:29 am
OK then. What are the "errors fallacies and inaccuracies"?
Surely you can be specific. Those are very direct accusations.

Not going to spell them out on here, and especially not to people hiding behind a screen name. If you want to message me directly, feel free to do so.

Hornet-Hawg

Quote from: DerekOxford on November 01, 2018, 10:54:30 am
Not going to spell them out on here, and especially not to people hiding behind a screen name.

Of course not

DerekOxford

Last thing I'll say: this is only the beginning.

I will have no more to say on this topic. PM's are always open, and I have my personal Twitter account and email listed.

footballfan-tastic

I think most people understand that questionable transfers take place and have been taking place for years across Arkansas.  I think if you look you will see that in the Little Rock area this happens often.  I know of at least one current case of this happening in a NLR to Parkview transfer based on "academics". There are stories of some of the past high profile players in LR area schools that have changed districts and sometimes several times.  Even to the point of shopping themselves to coaches.   This is the easiest way to get a transfer approved.
As for the claims at Har-Ber/Spingdale I think the defense seems shady at best.
Saying that the video was student made and laying its distribution at the feet of a student as if that makes a difference. You say this young man lived with you and now make it sound as if he betrayed you?
The conduct on the video is in very poor taste and the party atmosphere, where the coach is presumably present is just sad. Maybe you should have made sure there wasn't a video to begin with.
Claiming a previous friendship with the coach really doesn't dismiss a possibility of recruiting, you still cannot encourage it. Neither teachers/coaches or supporters. Was he or wasn't he there? 
Do you claim that he never, ever encouraged those players to change schools? 
Making an accusation that there is some deep dark sinister secret that the Har-Ber district is trying to hide about the coaching staff.  Have you proof of this.
The mass transfer of 5 student/Athletes who suddenly decide they need an academic hardship transfer sounds fishing to begin with.
If you wanted to transfer your son, fine, but you sure made a production out of it.  I guess your dislike for the Har-Ber coach made your behavior OK.

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: footballfan-tastic on November 01, 2018, 11:59:02 am
I think most people understand that questionable transfers take place and have been taking place for years across Arkansas.  I think if you look you will see that in the Little Rock area this happens often.  I know of at least one current case of this happening in a NLR to Parkview transfer based on "academics". There are stories of some of the past high profile players in LR area schools that have changed districts and sometimes several times.  Even to the point of shopping themselves to coaches.   This is the easiest way to get a transfer approved.
As for the claims at Har-Ber/Spingdale I think the defense seems shady at best.
Saying that the video was student made and laying its distribution at the feet of a student as if that makes a difference. You say this young man lived with you and now make it sound as if he betrayed you?
The conduct on the video is in very poor taste and the party atmosphere, where the coach is presumably present is just sad. Maybe you should have made sure there wasn't a video to begin with.
Claiming a previous friendship with the coach really doesn't dismiss a possibility of recruiting, you still cannot encourage it. Neither teachers/coaches or supporters. Was he or wasn't he there? 
Do you claim that he never, ever encouraged those players to change schools? 
Making an accusation that there is some deep dark sinister secret that the Har-Ber district is trying to hide about the coaching staff.  Have you proof of this.
The mass transfer of 5 student/Athletes who suddenly decide they need an academic hardship transfer sounds fishing to begin with.
If you wanted to transfer your son, fine, but you sure made a production out of it.  I guess your dislike for the Har-Ber coach made your behavior OK.
Not once have I said my behavior was ok but it was at my house and people, like yourself, can like/dislike and judge me however you want to. Nothing I can do about that.

As for the student we were trying to help him and the real truth is I had to kick him out of my house 6 months after he took this video for illegal drug use. Does that make a difference to you now that you know that fact? You are absolutely correct with your point about making sure no one was making a video. That is one lesson I have learned the hard way.

Proof of deep issues at Harber. I wouldn't make a statement like that without proof. Proof has been brought to the attention of the people in charge, they are aware but to this point, nothing has been done. It's a shame too.

Yes I claim that he never, ever talked about my son going to SHS. There was no need because he knew my son wanted to be at HB with his friends so it was something we just never talked about. Yes he was present at my house as he had been many times before and many times since then. It's called a friendship no matter what it looks like to everyone else. Man when my son was at Harber I drank beer with some of those coaches while we were down in Hoover. Now that was a school sponsored function and a direct violation of Section 8 of the Ethics Code for teachers and coaches. So what is worse, having a coach over to my house and my son and another kid living with me present at an adult gathering or a coach drinking in a cookout setting with parents, coaches and players present? You tell me. One is a direct violation while the other is not but just because some guy went overboard and burned stuff and blasted another coach at one event it just makes it look bad.

As for all the kids transferring at once, man I get that is looks bad and appears to be underhanded. If was on the outside looking in I would probably feel the same way. I am not here to change your minds because that just cannot be done on a message board. What I will say is for these transfers to be approved, there had to be something seriously wrong with the entire situation. It would be great if it could all come to light, but unfortunately it more than likely won't.

Season is almost over and there will be new drama next season for someone else.

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: sickofwhiners on November 01, 2018, 09:45:30 am

District policy prevented the actual change of schools until the next semester started.

footballfan-tastic

RVW.  Let me be clear, I don't know facts, sure I never will.  I'm posting based on information provided on this thread and information from people I know and trust.
Your biggest problem is the PR battle has been lost and was early on.  The SHS coach looks bad and his PR image is harmed.  I know some coaches, all folks seem to, and I have seen them leave situations that you discuss on your post.  Alcohol in the presence of student athletes and adults is never a good mix, even when innocent.  The burning of HB gear and the atmosphere made that gathering more than just friends getting together at your home.  It became much more.  It just looks bad. IMO.  I always appreciated seeing coaches I know stay away from that mix even in private settings.  Just makes sense to take the high road. 
For you to consume with coaches in those situations as you say you have is in my opinion in bad taste. You are responsible for your conduct and how you presence in those instances looks.  Perception is everything in the public realm.  I'm not saying you did anything illegal, immoral and maybe you guys didn't violate transfer protocol but you seem to have lacked good judgement. More importantly your friend the coach did as well and his job is all about setting examples for kids.
I'm sure my opinion doesn't matter to you and that's fine as well but you have spent a lot of time and print in making a case for it not being that bad.
Good luck to you and your son and the rest of those kids.

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: footballfan-tastic on November 01, 2018, 01:01:04 pm
RVW.  Let me be clear, I don't know facts, sure I never will.  I'm posting based on information provided on this thread and information from people I know and trust.
Your biggest problem is the PR battle has been lost and was early on.  The SHS coach looks bad and his PR image is harmed.  I know some coaches, all folks seem to, and I have seen them leave situations that you discuss on your post.  Alcohol in the presence of student athletes and adults is never a good mix, even when innocent.  The burning of HB gear and the atmosphere made that gathering more than just friends getting together at your home.  It became much more.  It just looks bad. IMO.  I always appreciated seeing coaches I know stay away from that mix even in private settings.  Just makes sense to take the high road. 
For you to consume with coaches in those situations as you say you have is in my opinion in bad taste. You are responsible for your conduct and how you presence in those instances looks.  Perception is everything in the public realm.  I'm not saying you did anything illegal, immoral and maybe you guys didn't violate transfer protocol but you seem to have lacked good judgement. More importantly your friend the coach did as well and his job is all about setting examples for kids.
I'm sure my opinion doesn't matter to you and that's fine as well but you have spent a lot of time and print in making a case for it not being that bad.
Good luck to you and your son and the rest of those kids.
Oh you are absolutely correct, it IS that bad. My actions BAD. The video BAD. A coach being present during all of this BAD. There is nothing good or positive out of this entire situation and my role and actions are at fault, 100%.

It is just a bad, bad situation no matter how you look at it.

AirWarren

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on November 01, 2018, 01:20:39 pm
Oh you are absolutely correct, it IS that bad. My actions BAD. The video BAD. A coach being present during all of this BAD. There is nothing good or positive out of this entire situation and my role and actions are at fault, 100%.

It is just a bad, bad situation no matter how you look at it.

You've owned it. You've admitted the wrongness in all of it. Whatever happens, if anything, is not up to me or anyone else in this thread.

With that said, wishing you and your son a great rest of the way through.

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: AirWarren on November 01, 2018, 01:26:13 pm
You've owned it. You've admitted the wrongness in all of it. Whatever happens, if anything, is not up to me or anyone else in this thread.

With that said, wishing you and your son a great rest of the way through.
Thanks AW. My intention was never to justify my actions but I see where it came off as that what I was trying to do. My goal was just to add true narrative around the entire situation. Even though the narrative does not, and should not, justify my actions it hopefully lets people see there is more to the story than the bonfire.

My biggest disappointment, outside of my actions, is the way the school articles portrayed these kids. Definitely hit below the belt IMO

5tooldad

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on November 01, 2018, 01:30:20 pm
Thanks AW. My intention was never to justify my actions but I see where it came off as that what I was trying to do. My goal was just to add true narrative around the entire situation. Even though the narrative does not, and should not, justify my actions it hopefully lets people see there is more to the story than the bonfire.

My biggest disappointment, outside of my actions, is the way the school articles portrayed these kids. Definitely hit below the belt IMO
well let's face it.....Har-Ber is gonna Har-Ber.

Bad situation all around.   What would JW say.......

footballfan-tastic

Two great things about life.  Learning from your mistakes and getting second chances.

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: 5tooldad on November 01, 2018, 02:35:50 pm
well let's face it.....Har-Ber is gonna Har-Ber.

Bad situation all around.   What would JW say.......
Well JW doesn't think too fondly of old blue that's for sure......

5tooldad

November 01, 2018, 06:20:55 pm #137 Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 07:35:51 pm by 5tooldad
Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on November 01, 2018, 03:08:05 pm
Well JW doesn't think too fondly of old blue that's for sure......
that's as it should be

Razorback Red

November 01, 2018, 07:14:42 pm #138 Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 07:24:04 pm by Razorback Red
As a 7A West fan, I am not going to comment on the article, video or situation in general.  My opinion is just let the powers that be handle it. 

I will comment on RVW.  He is a great poster on this board and someone who's opinion I respect.  He admitted his mistake (and yes we all make them and no he didn't have to publicly on this board) and is moving on.  I respect that even more. 

Hope this all passes soon and both programs can focus on the playoffs.  As emotional as HS football gets, these are still kids playing their guts out (both schools) with their teammates. 

TheDale

I just LOVE how there was nobody whining and moaning for the last 12 years when a majority of the talent transferred West or South before playing a Varsity snap, sometimes after. But now that Springdale gets some talent from the West, it is suddenly a problem and needs to be remedied.

Frankly, I can't say that I'm surprised by this hit job, it speaks for the mentality of the West side.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

November 02, 2018, 10:47:56 am #140 Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 10:58:24 am by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam
Rob, let it go.  Everyone has their opinion.  You've owned it. But the more you talk, the worse it gets. 

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Why would a kid from Northside ever wanted to transfer and play for Southside?  :)

Brian G

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: DerekOxford on November 01, 2018, 10:54:30 am
Not going to spell them out on here, and especially not to people hiding behind a screen name. If you want to message me directly, feel free to do so.
So you can come on here and call the academic advisor "appalling" for letting the story run because you THINK it has factual errors.  But it's OK for you to say the story is made up without any shred of evidence.  Interesting thinking.

Hornet-Hawg

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on November 02, 2018, 03:34:03 pm
So you can come on here and call the academic advisor "appalling" for letting the story run because you THINK it has factual errors.  But it's OK for you to say the story is made up without any shred of evidence.  Interesting thinking.

That's why he is a "former journalist".

DerekOxford

DerekOxford

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on November 02, 2018, 03:34:03 pm

Did I say the story was made up entirely? Sure there's some factual information in it. The quotes absolutely read like they were invented. If they weren't, why hasn't anyone produced any audio or video recordings of the interviews they did. And trust me, there are a whole other set of issues with that story that I won't even get into.

You can attack me all you want, but we will see who is right in the end.

Pr8hd

It's funny the link to the article and video no longer work now after the announcement of the HB forfeits. I was going to show someone the article and it's gone like a Hillary Clinton email.

DerekOxford

Quote from: Pr8hd on November 02, 2018, 10:58:34 pm
It's funny the link to the article and video no longer work now after the announcement of the HB forfeits. I was going to show someone the article and it's gone like a Hillary Clinton email.

;D

wildcatfan13

Surely the Sprimgdal School District wouldn't have ordered the story to be taken down without reviewing the information gathered by the reporters. Surely, they wouldn't have done this while the students were away at their national journalism convention.

http://chicago.journalismconvention.org/

The coverup continues.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas