• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parkers Chapel

Started by Rida4Life, April 06, 2018, 02:30:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rida4Life

I heard this morning that PC's boys team dominated the Bearden meet yesterday.

They did pretty good at State last year.  Can they win it all?

RATTLER43

I've got them top 6 for sure.  Caddo Hills is loaded as is Earle.  CH has the top vaulters and top athlete in 2A in Duggan. Mix some others in and it is a good recipe for success.
PC, Lafayette County, Magnet Cove, and Bigelow look tough as well.
Jacksonville Lighthouse has been salty the past two years (one in 1A).
Magazine will move back into the top 10.
Sloan-Hendrix and Conway Christian can make some noise with some great distance runners mixed with a few others.
Should be a great meet!

Rida4Life

PC should be favored in the 400m, 300ih, and 4x400 relay.  They will contend in the 4x800 but are likely 3rd there at best. 
Should qualify in the Long Jump and High Jump.
I think their 4x100 has a chance to get in too.  They are in an athletic district which hurts them being able to get sprinters in but they have a couple of good ones this year.

I hope they do well.  I know they work their butts off with minimal facilities.  Imagine what they could do if they actually had a place to practice!

bleudog

April 09, 2018, 01:39:06 pm #3 Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 02:21:30 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Rida4Life on April 09, 2018, 11:05:03 am
PC should be favored in the 400m, 300ih, and 4x400 relay.  They will contend in the 4x800 but are likely 3rd there at best. 
I think their 4x100 has a chance to get in too.  They are in an athletic district which hurts them being able to get sprinters in but they have a couple of good ones this year.

I hope they do well.  I know they work their butts off with minimal facilities.  Imagine what they could do if they actually had a place to practice!

That's an interesting way to put it.

beach bum

Quote from: Rida4Life on April 09, 2018, 11:05:03 am

I really can't understand why practically every school does not have a track.... because even the other sports in the school can use it in their offseason for conditioning too so its a win, win for the athletic programs not only track. I know around my part Lincoln in 4A is building a really nice one as we speak and should be done soon and its even going to be open to the public to run on. I know Alma does the same thing and has a track open all the time at their middle school. I love seeing that.

Rida4Life

evidently saying that PC wasn't a sprinter school motivated them.  They became the first AA school this year to qualify by time in the 4x100 relay at Camden this past Thursday. ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas